Napa Valley Bistro
975 Clinton Street
Napa, CA 94559Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Napa Valley Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.napavalleybistro.net/
- Phone: 7076662383x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tue-Sa 11:30am-5:00pm
Brunch: Sun 10:00am-2:00pm
Dinner: Tue-Thu 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm
Dinner: Sun 2:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Bernardo Ayala
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Between your vision and our Chef"s culinary creativity, we can help make your event a tasty one. Please call us for details about our catering options.
- Entertainment: Join us every Tuesday through Friday from 3:00-6:00 for Happy Hour at our bar. Enjoy small plates and drink specials with your friends and co-workers!
- Special Events: We feature a neighboring winery for dinner every second Tuesday of the month. Whether it is a four course meal with wine pairings or a special entrée paired with a specific glass of wine, we invite you to indulge with us and experience all that Napa Valley has to offer!
A word from Napa Valley Bistro
At Napa Valley Bistro we strive to meet your needs by offering great food and service while promoting our basic beliefs: local, sustainable, organic...Continued
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
AND AFFORDABLE! Our food is elevated bistro-style American cuisine, and our wine list compliments our menu by focusing on Napa Valley vintners.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Napa Valley Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (76)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (36)good for groups (30)special occasion (30)romantic (21)notable wine list (17)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- consistantly goodKenGDined on 9/14/2014Another pleasant and delicious dinner at Napa Vally Bistro. Our moderately priced favorite.Special Features:
- Great food and valueGeomercDined on 9/13/2014Went for our 22nd wedding anniversary and were impressed with the quality go the food. Started with a pear and goat cheese salad over arugula with candied walnuts followed by hanger steak cooked to perfection. Our server was fun and very knowledgable. Highly recommend this local gem.Special Features:
- MimosanVIPDined on 9/13/2014Love this place...great for locals, great service, wonderful variety of food, fair pricedSpecial Features:
- Once again amazinggadabout47VIPDined on 9/7/2014Great food, fabulous service,a loving atmosphere; what more do you need?Special Features:
- Just flat our excellentDavisfolksVIPDined on 9/6/2014Casual environment with upscale food. Everything we had was wonderful. Like all decent restaurants, great wine selection. Staff was really friendly and service was wonderful. The dessert was not as great as the rest of the food which is the only reason we gave it 4 stars instead of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MFMF280Dined on 9/3/2014WWith so many excellent restaurants in Napa, I would not recommend this one. We were underwhelmed by the food, overwhelmed by the noise and happy to have better dining experiences elsewhere.Special Features:
- Just a few vegetarian options...Joan88Dined on 9/2/2014The vegetarian spring roll is very lovely...filled with fresh veggies and very tasty. The veggie burger was large and overflowing but rather mushy, actually. Nice lunch spot. The waitress did push desserts on us which we did not want or order. Seemed unnecessary.
- Great foodSpartanDinerVIPDined on 8/31/2014Struggled to find a common theme with the menu, but all the food we had was good. Lamb burger superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plenty & delish!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/30/2014Second time at this new Napa restaurant. Very nice variety on the menu, with plenty of options for those who do not eat meat. More than delicious, the appetizers are plenty and big enough to share! Love going there to eat small plates. Very fresh and creative. Just don't order the risotto.Special Features:
- Gracious hospitality and delicious!MariDined on 8/30/2014This restaurant is above many others. We are treated as very welcome friends. We thoroughly enjoyed our dinners and the excellent service. It is consistently our first choice in Napa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All Around ExcellenceEatoutDined on 8/30/2014We thoroughly enjoyed an anniversary dinner at the Bistro with amazing food, excellent service and an outstanding bottle of wine. I would highly recommend visiting the Bistro on your next visit to Napa. I know for certain that we will return during our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Bad!SuzyQ517Dined on 8/29/2014We had a nice dinner here on a busy Friday night. Definitely recommend reservations as it is a small place! The wine list is small, but lots of great, moderate choices. Had we known there was no corkage fee we would have picked up something on the way! The chopped salad was good, fresh and HUGE. The Asian chicken salad was better (a bit salty but great flavor!). The restaurant itself was hot and muggy, but it was a hot day so what can you do!? The service was OK, we had a significant wait to order wine and put in our food order but after that it was pretty good! We were not rushed out when we finished dinner but not our wine, which is always nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, service & prices!DaveInSFDined on 8/29/2014We dined here for the 3rd time right after their post-earthquake reopening, and had a great time. Food & service were outstanding. The wine list is a bit limited, but bring your own; corkage is only $10. The "small" plates are quite substantial, so they can be used as a main course, making for an extremely reasonably priced dinner. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Supporting Lcoal NapaCyberCanvasDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant was bustling with post-quake diners. Many came out to downtown Napa to support own local businesses. We dined in bar area and it was perfect table for four. The hostess was friendly and our waitress/bartender was energetic and attentive. The food was amazing and plentiful. If you are looking for a great pork chop, ribs or fish and chips, you cannot go wrong. A must for a night out.Special Features:
- Great Food & LocationTimmerDined on 8/29/2014The restaurant is located right in downtown Napa in a completely rebuilt building. The ambiance was very nice. The food was delicious. The service was a little slow, but the poor kid was being worked to death. He was trying to wait all of the tables. He was doing the best he could. But we weren't in a rush so it was fine. Would totally recommend stopping in as the prices were very reasonable and again, food was great.Special Features:
- Noisy partyHawkman50VIPDined on 8/27/2014We enjoyed the restaurant and the food was quite good. The special fig salad was disappointing because it was somehow lacking in distinct flavor which seems unusual for a fig salad. My prime rib was very tasty and correctly prepared with a generous portion. One person in our party had the fried chicken and liked it. Another had the hanger steak and liked that too. There is a wide variety of menu options and very reasonable pricing for Napa. We were seated next to a large party of 16 or more that was noisy and distracting. Since we were early diners the wait staff could have put us at a more reasonable table. Somewhat our fault because we could have requested a different table. But we sat down first and had no idea what was in store.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good. Would try again.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/22/2014Great atmosphere, great service and our waitress was attentive. We ordered the ceviche and it was excellent. For an entree, I ordered the chop which was a bit dry for such a thick piece of pork. My wife ordered fried chicken which was a bit soggy. Overall the experience was good. I would eat there again and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great prices, good food.RosaLuvsWineDined on 8/20/2014Best couple things about this spot: variety in the menu and the price. It's very reasonable and the food is good. Service was great. The Cajun shrimp were off the hook, the flank steak and prime rib were delicious and overall all of the good ranges from good to great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014Good experience, as usual food was excellent, service a bit erratic.
- Always a pleasureBlackrattusVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great service and extremely well prepared and savory food make NVB always a wise choice. The empanada appetizer is out of this world and the salad special, a watermelon and heirloom tomato with a balsamic drizzle was outstanding! Great corkage policy (1st is free, 2nd is $10!)!Special Features:
- Delightful dinnerHeidiVIPDined on 8/14/2014Casual and friendly,excellent server who gave great advice. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- A Great New Find!TravelgurudanvilleVIPDined on 8/13/2014Tonight we wanted really good food without all of the hype and fuss of the notable restaurants. The enthusiastic owner greeted us. My husband decided on the pork chop. Huge, perfectly prepared chop with grilled peaches. I had the tortilla crusted halibut that was perfectly cooked and served with a very fresh succotash. We started our dinner sharing a very generous beet and arugula salad. The prices are extremely fair, the plates beautifully presented, the portions generous and the wait staff great. The wine list is good with many of the offerings under $45. On the evening we were there, a sign in front of the restaurant said "no corkage fee". Doesn't get better than that. A total and very happy conclusion to a great day in the Valley!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindKenGDined on 8/3/2014As locals we are always on the lookout for good reasonably priced restaurants. Glad we found this one. A bit off the beaten track but well worth the effort to find it.Special Features:
- enjoyable experienceanickyDined on 8/2/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great experience. The staff was so friendly and accommodating, gave great suggestions, and know the menu. The food came out quickly and was unbelievabley amazing. He had the lamb burger and I the pork chops, we shared the halibut and shrimp ceviche and the fudge cake for dessert. We will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service GreatcomfortjunkieDined on 8/1/2014Food as always, excellent. Service too. Gets noisy @ dinner, even though we came early. Always an enjoyable experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try this placeajskinnerDined on 7/30/2014You are met at the door is if you are royalty. The food is great and the owner/chef is someone you want to meet!Special Features:
- Great food and service!BethKDined on 7/29/2014We took a group of six to Napa Valley Bistro on a busy Tuesday night. Even with a reservation, we ended up with an improvised table right in front of the kitchen pass-thru. While we were dubious of this location at first, it gave us a wonderful, ringside seat to watch the action in the kitchen and separated us from the other diners in the main restaurant. The chef actually came out and showed off a round of plates which influenced our orders. Several of us had the bistro chopped veggie salad and we're still taking about how wonderful it was. I could eat a plate of that for a meal and be oh-so-content! Our table ordered the ribs, the pork chop, and several of the nightly specials. Everything was beautifully plated and tasty. Great spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this placeTriumphGirlVIPDined on 7/27/2014First time I had been to this restaurant. Went on a Sunday night as a last nice meal before heading home from a 5 day Napa vacation. Food was outstanding - everything prepared wonderfully and quite flavorful. Service was great - our waiter was understanding of our "chatty nature" yet still attentive to our needs. Also liked its not a huge place, and we could have a conversation without being too loud. Would definitely come back!Special Features:
- Napa findBradentonjlDined on 7/26/2014My wife had the Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna, which was cooked perfectly. We shared a lovely copped salad. I had the Bistro Burger, which was dressed nicely but slightly overcooked.Special Features:
- good againdortsVIPDined on 7/26/2014We went on Saturday...it was busy, but no problems being taken care of. Lots of staff, checking on us throughout our dinner. The manager Jennifer came over to us many times checking on how we were doing. So nice to see how well the staff and manager work together. Food was excellent, fig and blue cheese flat bread is a favorite. My husband had the special steak and I had the halibut. Excellent! We really like this place...I hope we all keep it a secret! sh sh ;-)Special Features:
- A Great Local Find!vdoggDined on 7/25/2014I had the ribs that were nice and tender, the taste was amazing. Also the sweet potato fries and coldsaw it was served with was excellent. My husband had the salmon special that he really love. We had great service , the wait staff were very friendly, we never had to ask for our water to be refilled. This was a great find, I will be coming back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/20/2014Wait person didn't tell us all the specials. Never followed up with us after the food was served. Had the wrong hollandaise sauce on our overdone eggs benedict. Bell peppers are seemingly on everything
- Loved main courseBusterDined on 7/18/2014Main course was excellent. Service fair. Desserts ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise gem!LeapingLVIPDined on 7/18/2014Because I missed lunch, I popped in at 5:30pm. You never know how the service and food will be when you get in before the "normal" times. However, I was pleasantly surprised by GREAT service and even BETTER food! I sat at a table in the bar area and that is always "iffy" as to service. However, the bartender gave me great service, coming around the bar frequently to check on things. The food was WONDERFUL. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceajskinnerDined on 7/15/2014From the front door to the table, you feel welcomed! Bernardo Ayala, the chef, came to our table and described the halibut dish. We both decided to order it and it was a great meal. Will refer all of my friends and family. Great for lunch and dinner!Special Features:
- LikesnapaLikesnapaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Excellent service , my first time here. My friend said she always gets the ribs so I joined her in this choice. They were delicious, fall off the bone, an ample portion. Came with delicious sweet potato fries. Caesar salad was very good, just the right sized portion. Would return to try other itemsSpecial Features:
- Great placenapafoodieVIPDined on 7/12/2014Great place, great food, great service -- what else you do want. Love this restaurant! Jennifer the host is the best!!Special Features:
- Never Disapoints!NapanVIPDined on 7/12/2014Although we were sad to see Neela's Indian Food close 18 mos. ago, Napa Valley Bistro has taken dining in that space to new levels of perfection. From the sincere greeting at the door by general manager Jennifer, to remembering regular diners preferences, to outstanding waitpersons, to creative culinary delights overseen personnally by Chef Bernardo from his post just outside the kitchen, this is one of Napa's truly great restaurants! The special salad with its perfectly ripe watermelon started the meal which was completed with an outstanding grilled shrimp/scallop on basil mashed potatoes entree. Delicious! Despite his home country's recent demoralizing loss in the world cup, our waiter, Marcelo provided great service.Special Features:
- Many choices at neighborhood gemFrancesNapaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Napa Valley Bistro has continued to improve its offerings, setting, and service since it first opened. We were all very happy with our selections from Beet Salad (delicious) to Lamb Burger, Hamburger, Fried Chicken (a little too bready), Ahi Tuna (modest portion size) and nightly special of seafood medley. The calamari was only average - lacked taste and did not compare to crispy versions we have had a Celadon and other places. The service was very good, though we did have to ask for bread. Wine by the glass list is good, but does not offer many selections. Overall, it was a lovely evening and very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- ExcellentDawnDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed the food and the service, I will be taking my out of town friends here!Special Features: