Napa River Grill
1211 Herr Lane
Louisville, KY 40222Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Napa River Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napariverlouisville.com/
- Phone: 5024235822x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am- 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Brian Curry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Featuring two private dining rooms, Napa river Grill can accommodate small and large groups for private dining.
Our Vineyard Room features a custom wine bottle chandelier, and a custom wood table for boardroom style seating for up to 22 guests.
Our Large Private Dining Room features local art, and custom table configurations for up to 60 guests.
Weather permitting, our Patio Bar/Lounge is also available for rent, featuring two TVs and a full bar. Perfect for private cocktail events, or even for groups wanting to watch their favorite sports teams in a private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Parrott 5024235822x
A word from Napa River Grill
Inspired by the beauty and romance of California’s wine country, Napa River Grill provides a taste of Northern California in Louisville’s own backyard. The menu features expertly prepared dishes using only the finest seasonal ingredients, and the award-winning wine list offers the best from the New World. Set in the vibrant Westport Village, the cozy lounge opens into a bright dining room bathed in natural light. The outdoor bar, grapevine-surrounded patio, and fire pit make an ideal setting for alfresco meals. Whether you are having a romantic night out, a casual dinner with friends, or a business meeting, the relaxed yet elegant ambiance is perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Napa River Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Napa River Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
104 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (57)special occasion (55)good for groups (42)fit for foodies (41)notable wine list (39)neighborhood gem (36)great for lunch (26)romantic (25)great for brunch (16)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (6)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- Consistent and deliciouskktownVIPDined on 8/27/2014Napa River Grill never disappoints. Whether it is with a group or a cozy dinner for two, the food and service are spot on. I also appreciate that the menu evolves. There are a couple things that are always there, but new items are fresh and many times sourced locally.Special Features:
- food to "dine " forroseayDined on 8/22/2014It was a dark and stormy night....but not inside Napa Grill. My Honey and I had a wonderful meal . Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014This was such a fun night and the service was great. We ended up having a larger group than expected and they were very accommodating. The food was delicious and service was prompt. The girls night out was a great success.Special Features:
- Group DinnersandysthoughtsDined on 8/21/2014I had the tomato soup with the pastry top and a salad. My food was very good. However, I had looked at the menu on the Internet prior to visiting the restaurant. The selections that I had planned to make (Pad Thai or Seared Scallops) was no longer on the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Napa River Grillmashie01Dined on 8/20/2014We celebrated a special birthday at Napa this week. I hadn't been there for a year or so, and was glad to see that they have kept some of our old favorites, like the Gold Rush chocolate torte and the parmesan bowl Caesar salad. The wine list is decent, but prices for the food are too high for the quality of the food. With everything a la carte, the bill adds up quickly. My barbecued pork was fine, not special. Presentation is lovely, but presentation is not what I want to pay for. I want unique flavor and good value. I will pay this kind of money for excellent food, but not for average food. Try the chocolate torte, skip the bread pudding (although it looked pretty, it was dry), and many order an appetizer instead of an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent FavoriteLouisvilleLovesFoodDined on 8/19/2014We had a work lunch party of 10. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Food presentation and quality was very good across the board - soups, salad, appetizers, entrees, desserts - and there were plenty of options on the lunch menu including many locally sourced foods. Service staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Orders came out very timely. Our corner table with windows on both sides was a little warm (it was a very hot day) but otherwise ambience was nice. We had a great time and would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkTtturner68Dined on 8/16/2014Bottom line is that that service and food quality doesn't match the price charged. Service was slow and not very attentive. Our appetizer and bread plate sat on the table through out the remainder of the meal. There were long gaps where we were not checked on. This was a empty restaurant. Then the food quality was just so so, just about even with say a assembly line chain like Longhorn. Worth paying the $5 to $6 more per dish and be treated to the service and quality of say Jeff Rubys. Not says it is bad if one lives close it would be a nice change of pace but not worth leaving downtown area considering the location.Special Features:
- What a great find!Drsteele75Dined on 8/9/2014We happened to be in town for the PGA tourney and after a long day found the Napa River on Open Table. I had the Halibut and my wife, the crabcakes! The meal was spectacular and our waitress was wonderful and engaging.Special Features:
- stevefromaustinDined on 8/7/2014Great wine list. Good waiter who was helpful. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect summer eveningKYtravelerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Lovely neighborhood spot. Worth seeking out. Dined on the open air patio next to small grape vineyard. Waitress was exceptionally good. Ordered crab and avocado appetizer with fried tortilla chips which was very good. Veggie pasta with sundries tomatoes was a tad salty for my taste (most restaurant food is) but was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantChicagofavsVIPDined on 8/3/2014I have been to napa many times and we returned recently for dinner with a group of friends. Napa is very good at handling large groups or an intimate dinner for 2. The food is consistently very good. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service is professional and efficient . We will return I am sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A changed PlaceLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014We will not go back for a long time. They need to hire more servers Do something about Noise! Food not even average to bad
- Great time as alway!JoeH40272Dined on 7/26/2014Great food and wine selection. Wide variety of dishes to choose from plus extensive wine selection to pair with whatever your meal is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful evening on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I had an early Sunday evening dinner on the patio this past week. Everything was sublime: food, drinks, service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceKYflyfishermanDined on 7/19/2014Six of us had dinner there on Saturday, July 19. Jaison our server did an excellent job. He was there when we needed him yet he didn't bother us. Nice wine list, good appetizers, would recommend the crab avocado dip. Two of us had the salmon, one the Ahi tuna, one the filet, and two of us the rib-eye. Everybody seemed to like their choice. I had the rib-eye which was cooked to order tender with a good favor. The bread pudding was very good. The restaurant was relaxed didn't feel rushed, proper time was allowed between courses to enjoy our drinks and conversation. Be aware that 20% gratuity was added to the check. I believe this is stated on the menu and website. Not inexpensive, averaged $80/person, but overall a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceAlfrescofanDined on 7/17/2014Took advantage of the beautiful weather last week to dine al fresco at Napa River Grill. The server was helpful and there when we needed him. Food was very tasty, which was the evening special. One thing I don't understand is why they don't extend happy hour to dining customers who are spending more $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our reservation online!LindaDined on 7/17/2014Our online reservation was given before our arrival to another group!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You accommodated us, but this never should have happened. You had our reservation name and contact and the group you gave our table to was not asked for that information! Not a good way to start our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014We are very please Napa has added Sunday Brunch and have been several times. Eggs are cooked to order and the buffet has ample choices for breakfast and lunch. Especially liked the chorizo meatloaf!Special Features:
- First-timerKyKirnlDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed a lovely outdoor dinner with an old friend during a recent visit to Louisville. Good service, unhurried pace and excellent food. I had a very creative salmon dish -- delightful. If I still lived in Louisville, I'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch AlternativeFern227Dined on 7/6/2014The brunch menu was just right and the $1 drinks a nice touch. Outdoor dining area was not crowded. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Would not honor gift cardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Ownership has changed and the manager said he did not have the ability honor a gift card we presented at the arrival of the check. I received the gift card xmas of 2013. They did not offer to discount or compensate us in any way. The card value was for $125. Their unwillingness to offer "anything" left us cold and made an average meal and dining experience unpleasant. We will most assuredly not be dining with Napa River again since they place no value on customer service and satisfaction.
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Food varied form good, the crab and avocado appetizer, to very bland, the spring lamb. Service varied from overbearing to didn't see the waiter for 25 minutes while awaiting the check. The table next to us waited even longer and tip was added to some checks at their table, but not others with same number in party. It was vey quiet, but was a Sunday evening. Most items seemed overpriced for similar quality/quantity in nearby restaurants.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic!davidkDined on 6/28/2014Our server was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful with the menu.Special Features:
- A very good dinnersteve007Dined on 6/28/2014My halibut dish was delicious. The cream of tomato soup in a puff pastry was equally good. The very creative dishes were well prepared and served and combined with friendly service made for a thoroughly enjoyable dinner.Special Features:
- borosenborosentDined on 6/28/2014Mac n cheese and greens were fantastic. Pork chop a bit over done. My wife had chicken, asparagus and potatoes and said it was very good., we sat for about 15 minutes before or waitress came to see if we wanted drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terri21Dined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed the dinner and food was great. The service was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizers!FoodieDined on 6/23/2014My husband & I went to Napa River for dinner. We weren't particularly in the mood for anything under the entree list so instead grabbed 3 different appetizers and 2 salads. Everything was delicious, especially the Caesar salad, the avocado/crab app and the tuna nachos!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bruncheatswell1Dined on 6/22/2014Chose Napa River Grill because they offer reservations, are wheelchair accessible, and I have always had a really good meal there. I had never been there for brunch before, and was very pleased with the selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingEatEatDined on 6/21/2014The food was over-seasoned and over-cooked. They were using a space designed as a private party room for regular seating. There were only a few tables seated there and it felt a little odd. The service was fine, but the server had to make an effort to get to us.Special Features:
- First time..birthdaydinnerDined on 6/21/2014Our waiter was horrible. Not a good first experience however we observed another waiter, Eli. He did an outstanding job! We will definitely ask for him next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VogyVIPDined on 6/20/2014Very good mac and chees. Tough pork chop. Veggies with salmon were unremarkable.
- Great Time at Napa River!JohnDined on 6/20/2014We took our friends from Long Island, NY, to Napa River and had the best server! Stephanie went out of her way to make sure the kitchen could accommodate special requests. And when a crazy thing happened with the bill, Stephanie corrected it immediately. We love going to Napa River Grill.Special Features:
- Trendy, Tasty, and TerrificMissTDined on 6/15/2014Napa River Grill is a great place for Sunday brunch. We went for father's day and was terrifically surprised. Love the eggs menu and the buffet selections were wonderful. Wish we ha come a little later to hear the live music. Napa River Grill, time well spent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it was goodlinderVIPDined on 6/12/2014It was good. I eat here often, and don't think this question is necessary ever timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Meeting in Private RoomOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014I was the organizer and arrived slightly early. Even though there was no charge or order minimum, my group of 10 was put in lovely private room - I'm assuming because it was 2:30 on a Tuesday. Our server was fabulous. He quickly got a sense of what we were looking for, quiet and waters for the first hour, wine and appetizers for the second hour. He arranged the room for buffet style serving, came in and out quietly during the meeting portion and was attentive during the social hour. The wines he selected were drinkable and reasonably priced. The appetizers were good, especially the crab and avocado with chips. I would certainly recommend Napa River to anyone looking to host an offsite meeting with a meal or social component.Special Features:
- Most Excellent!Kk13Dined on 6/8/2014Brunch food was delicious. Nice variety and all well done. Almond Joy French Toast is a hit as well as equally great dishes. Good experience. Nice, live music on Sunday morning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch with My MomFoodieGirlsDined on 6/4/2014I have been to Napa River Grill many times over the last fews years and they never disappoint. I scheduled a lunch date with my mom and we had a wonderful time. Our waiter was excellent and complimented my mother on how young see looked which made her day. In terms of the food my Salmon was cooked to perfection and the Hosin Ribs my mother ordered has was excellent. We will definitely be back in the near future to try the brunch. Thanks for another wonderful meal.Special Features:
- enjoyTryituwilllikeitVIPDined on 6/2/2014Excellent for small groups (4-6 people). Service is quick and friendly. Presentation of food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa River Dinner ExperiencekarlapDined on 5/31/2014The food was great. Jason was such a personable and enjoyable server. The food was exceptional (including dessert). The menu has something for everyone yet changes enough that we get to try something new and amazing while still having some staples (like the ceaser salad in that great bowl). Always enjoy eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Brunch worth a visitKCCCVIPDined on 5/25/2014Napa River has a fabulous brunch complete with live music. The food is excellent and you can enjoy the music indoors or the waterfall sounds outside on a beautiful Sunday morning. Adults and children will love this brunch! $1 Mimosa are yummy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.