Napa River Grill
1211 Herr Lane
Louisville, KY 40222Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Napa River Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napariverlouisville.com/
- Phone: 5024235822x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Brunch: Sunday 10:00am- 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Brian Curry
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Featuring two private dining rooms, Napa river Grill can accommodate small and large groups for private dining.
Our Vineyard Room features a custom wine bottle chandelier, and a custom wood table for boardroom style seating for up to 22 guests.
Our Large Private Dining Room features local art, and custom table configurations for up to 60 guests.
Weather permitting, our Patio Bar/Lounge is also available for rent, featuring two TVs and a full bar. Perfect for private cocktail events, or even for groups wanting to watch their favorite sports teams in a private setting.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Parrott 5024235822x
A word from Napa River Grill
Inspired by the beauty and romance of California’s wine country, Napa River Grill provides a taste of Northern California in Louisville’s own backyard. The menu features expertly prepared dishes using only the finest seasonal ingredients, and the award-winning wine list offers the best from the New World. Set in the vibrant Westport Village, the cozy lounge opens into a bright dining room bathed in natural light. The outdoor bar, grapevine-surrounded patio, and fire pit make an ideal setting for alfresco meals. Whether you are having a romantic night out, a casual dinner with friends, or a business meeting, the relaxed yet elegant ambiance is perfect for any occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Napa River Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown Louisville ›
Napa River Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)special occasion (38)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (36)notable wine list (36)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (27)great for lunch (15)great for brunch (10)vibrant bar scene (10)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- To die for!AmyPDined on 10/25/2014Cannot say enough about the food and the service! I highly recommend getting the filet topped with crab meat and bernaise sauce... so tender, you can cut it with a fork! And the brownie for dessert... even if you are full, just get it! So worth the food coma afterwards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014We meet with friends once per month. Each couple is to pick a different restaurant each month. We chose Napa River Grill. We had heard good things about their service and food. We were not disappointed. The service was great and food was equally as good. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a great place to eat and a wonderful atmosphere. The only thing I didn't like was having to go to the bar in order to get the Happy Hour specials. The Lemon Drop Martini was wonderful though!Special Features:
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014Food was good, but service was not! Sat at table for 10 minutes before someone came and said they would bring water, they didn't. Had to ask another server for water and practically had to beg for a cocktail. Server was slow and honestly, weird!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the seafoodfrugaldinerDined on 10/11/2014This was our first visit and I loved the simple menu that included steak, pork, chicken and three seafood options. I had the Menage-a-trois, a sampling of the seabass, salmon and Ahi Tuna, over a delicious vegetable stir fry. Each piece of fish was first rate. The wait staff was attentive, but not bothersome. Upon learning that it was our anniversary, they offered us a free Key Lime dessert to share. It was a little expensive for our frugal budget, but competitive with other good restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentehoeyVIPDined on 10/6/2014I come again and again and never disappointed. Food, atmosphere, and service is always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for a special occassionandygtexasDined on 10/5/2014We had made reservations via Open Table, but when we walked in the door, we were sat by a Gretchen, a mgr, without even asking who we were. She just said welcome, we have a table for you. Very odd start. Our server was decent, but she kept saying she wasn't a normal server, but the bartender helping out. She was very nice and did her best to save the kitchen and mgr flubs. The kitchen couldn't get either of our steaks cooked properly. Our anniversary dessert was free due to our issues, per the mgr, but they are free anyway The mgr did take one steak off the ck, but I didn't want free food, I wanted a pleasant visit. I don't see returning anytime bc there are too many other places to choose from that will, hopefully, do better.
- Vegan optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/3/2014Although under a renovation according to our hostess, the restaurant remains tasteful and does a good job of keeping the bar distant enough form the diners that their scene didn't impact our quieter dinner. Service was fine, good wines and well drinks at Happy Hour prices. My friend and I are vegan, and we ordered the panzanella salad and kimchi brussel sprouts. The croutons in the salad were very hard but the salad overall was flavorful, nice presentation. The brussel sprouts were very good and very hot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go-to restaurantthedebsDined on 10/3/2014It's hard not to like Napa! It's got a lovely dining area, friendly staff, good food, good wine, great bar with nightly specials. I go there quite a bit. This particular visit was a luncheon with some of my family. Two of us had the Caesar salad and tomato soup. The salad is served in a Parmesan shell, which is delicious. And the soup has a crust cooked on the top...so good. You receive cornbread served in a small cast iron skillet. I have never been disappointed when dining here. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A perfect Sunday eveningMTTableDined on 9/28/2014There were four of us for dinner on a not-very-busy Sunday evening. Our server went over the menu thoroughly and provided attentive service during our meal. Immediate attention to drink orders. Pasta, salmon and filet all "just right." And even had a few delicious leftovers boxed for take home. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for book clubbookclubdiningDined on 9/18/2014We had a beautiful evening and an outdoor table with 8 people. We were comfortable, and could all hear one another when discussing our book. They were accommodating to one member with Celiac disease and another who is lactose intolerant. The salmon was delicious and the others in my group liked their menu choices as well. The waiter was attentive and helpful and the food was very good. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Order messed upSallyrDined on 9/17/2014My order was incorrect and server not very gracious about the mix up. Got a burger and it was just okaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had a birthday lunch at Napa and thoroughly enjoyed our experience. We happened to lunch during 502 lunch week and 2 of us ordered the salmon special and it was delicious! The server we had was very good and so nice, in fact we told him what a good server he was. Would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food;excellent service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/11/2014Salads were very good. Entrees were also good. The service was amazing. We had the best wait staff ever!! The desserts were not so good. Need help here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch week special!Pc1029VIPDined on 9/10/2014Never been to Napa for lunch before and it was very nice. Service & food was great. I had a large bowl of vegetable pad thai and a house salad & my friend had the salmon and salad. Can't beat it for $10!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noy HappySoyummyVIPDined on 9/2/2014Terrible service for a Tuesday evening 7:15 reservation. Yes, they had two large groups there but we had a reservation so they knew we were coming. We waited forever to place our order. Finally my husband went to the bar and asked for help and another server took the order. No excuse for this. Probably won't go back.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/31/2014Excellent food and service. Very nice for a special occasion. Extremely attentive staff, wonderful ambiance and delicious brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent and deliciouskktownVIPDined on 8/27/2014Napa River Grill never disappoints. Whether it is with a group or a cozy dinner for two, the food and service are spot on. I also appreciate that the menu evolves. There are a couple things that are always there, but new items are fresh and many times sourced locally.Special Features:
- food to "dine " forroseayDined on 8/22/2014It was a dark and stormy night....but not inside Napa Grill. My Honey and I had a wonderful meal . Thank You.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was very accommodatingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014This was such a fun night and the service was great. We ended up having a larger group than expected and they were very accommodating. The food was delicious and service was prompt. The girls night out was a great success.Special Features:
- Group DinnersandysthoughtsDined on 8/21/2014I had the tomato soup with the pastry top and a salad. My food was very good. However, I had looked at the menu on the Internet prior to visiting the restaurant. The selections that I had planned to make (Pad Thai or Seared Scallops) was no longer on the dinner menu.Special Features:
- Napa River Grillmashie01Dined on 8/20/2014We celebrated a special birthday at Napa this week. I hadn't been there for a year or so, and was glad to see that they have kept some of our old favorites, like the Gold Rush chocolate torte and the parmesan bowl Caesar salad. The wine list is decent, but prices for the food are too high for the quality of the food. With everything a la carte, the bill adds up quickly. My barbecued pork was fine, not special. Presentation is lovely, but presentation is not what I want to pay for. I want unique flavor and good value. I will pay this kind of money for excellent food, but not for average food. Try the chocolate torte, skip the bread pudding (although it looked pretty, it was dry), and many order an appetizer instead of an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Consistent FavoriteLouisvilleLovesFoodDined on 8/19/2014We had a work lunch party of 10. We had a reservation and were seated right away. Food presentation and quality was very good across the board - soups, salad, appetizers, entrees, desserts - and there were plenty of options on the lunch menu including many locally sourced foods. Service staff was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Orders came out very timely. Our corner table with windows on both sides was a little warm (it was a very hot day) but otherwise ambience was nice. We had a great time and would definitely go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkTtturner68Dined on 8/16/2014Bottom line is that that service and food quality doesn't match the price charged. Service was slow and not very attentive. Our appetizer and bread plate sat on the table through out the remainder of the meal. There were long gaps where we were not checked on. This was a empty restaurant. Then the food quality was just so so, just about even with say a assembly line chain like Longhorn. Worth paying the $5 to $6 more per dish and be treated to the service and quality of say Jeff Rubys. Not says it is bad if one lives close it would be a nice change of pace but not worth leaving downtown area considering the location.Special Features:
- What a great find!Drsteele75Dined on 8/9/2014We happened to be in town for the PGA tourney and after a long day found the Napa River on Open Table. I had the Halibut and my wife, the crabcakes! The meal was spectacular and our waitress was wonderful and engaging.Special Features:
- stevefromaustinDined on 8/7/2014Great wine list. Good waiter who was helpful. A very nice dining experience.Special Features:
- Perfect summer eveningKYtravelerVIPDined on 8/7/2014Lovely neighborhood spot. Worth seeking out. Dined on the open air patio next to small grape vineyard. Waitress was exceptionally good. Ordered crab and avocado appetizer with fried tortilla chips which was very good. Veggie pasta with sundries tomatoes was a tad salty for my taste (most restaurant food is) but was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent neighborhood restaurantChicagofavsVIPDined on 8/3/2014I have been to napa many times and we returned recently for dinner with a group of friends. Napa is very good at handling large groups or an intimate dinner for 2. The food is consistently very good. The atmosphere is pleasant and the service is professional and efficient . We will return I am sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A changed PlaceLuv2dineDined on 8/2/2014We will not go back for a long time. They need to hire more servers Do something about Noise! Food not even average to bad
- Great time as alway!JoeH40272Dined on 7/26/2014Great food and wine selection. Wide variety of dishes to choose from plus extensive wine selection to pair with whatever your meal is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- beautiful evening on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/20/2014My husband and I had an early Sunday evening dinner on the patio this past week. Everything was sublime: food, drinks, service. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable experienceKYflyfishermanDined on 7/19/2014Six of us had dinner there on Saturday, July 19. Jaison our server did an excellent job. He was there when we needed him yet he didn't bother us. Nice wine list, good appetizers, would recommend the crab avocado dip. Two of us had the salmon, one the Ahi tuna, one the filet, and two of us the rib-eye. Everybody seemed to like their choice. I had the rib-eye which was cooked to order tender with a good favor. The bread pudding was very good. The restaurant was relaxed didn't feel rushed, proper time was allowed between courses to enjoy our drinks and conversation. Be aware that 20% gratuity was added to the check. I believe this is stated on the menu and website. Not inexpensive, averaged $80/person, but overall a great place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant ExperienceAlfrescofanDined on 7/17/2014Took advantage of the beautiful weather last week to dine al fresco at Napa River Grill. The server was helpful and there when we needed him. Food was very tasty, which was the evening special. One thing I don't understand is why they don't extend happy hour to dining customers who are spending more $$$Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our reservation online!LindaDined on 7/17/2014Our online reservation was given before our arrival to another group!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You accommodated us, but this never should have happened. You had our reservation name and contact and the group you gave our table to was not asked for that information! Not a good way to start our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Sunday BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/13/2014We are very please Napa has added Sunday Brunch and have been several times. Eggs are cooked to order and the buffet has ample choices for breakfast and lunch. Especially liked the chorizo meatloaf!Special Features:
- First-timerKyKirnlDined on 7/6/2014Enjoyed a lovely outdoor dinner with an old friend during a recent visit to Louisville. Good service, unhurried pace and excellent food. I had a very creative salmon dish -- delightful. If I still lived in Louisville, I'd definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Brunch AlternativeFern227Dined on 7/6/2014The brunch menu was just right and the $1 drinks a nice touch. Outdoor dining area was not crowded. Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 153 reviews are from the Napa River Grill reviews archive.
- Would not honor gift cardOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/3/2014Ownership has changed and the manager said he did not have the ability honor a gift card we presented at the arrival of the check. I received the gift card xmas of 2013. They did not offer to discount or compensate us in any way. The card value was for $125. Their unwillingness to offer "anything" left us cold and made an average meal and dining experience unpleasant. We will most assuredly not be dining with Napa River again since they place no value on customer service and satisfaction.
- InconsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Food varied form good, the crab and avocado appetizer, to very bland, the spring lamb. Service varied from overbearing to didn't see the waiter for 25 minutes while awaiting the check. The table next to us waited even longer and tip was added to some checks at their table, but not others with same number in party. It was vey quiet, but was a Sunday evening. Most items seemed overpriced for similar quality/quantity in nearby restaurants.Special Features:
- Service was fantastic!davidkDined on 6/28/2014Our server was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful with the menu.Special Features:
- A very good dinnersteve007Dined on 6/28/2014My halibut dish was delicious. The cream of tomato soup in a puff pastry was equally good. The very creative dishes were well prepared and served and combined with friendly service made for a thoroughly enjoyable dinner.Special Features: