5101 Sanderlin Ste. 122
Memphis, TN 38117Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napacafe.com/
- Phone: (901) 683-0441
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Californian
- Executive Chef: Ben Adams
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: For smaller or medium size business luncheons and dinners.
- Private Party Facilities: Holds up to 60 guests, no room fee; equipment available.
- Private Party Contact: Glenda Hastings 9016830441
A word from Napa Cafe
Polished yet inviting, Napa Cafe offers American cuisine with a touch of individual flair complimented by an award winning wine list and a wonderful accommodating staff. Ben Adams is an up and coming Chef on the Memphis dining scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Napa Cafe - Best Restaurants in East Memphis ›
Napa Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (25)special occasion (24)fit for foodies (23)romantic (20)good for groups (12)great for lunch (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (1)Show More
- My first visit, but I will returnSadInMemphisDined on 11/15/2014This was my first visit and I must say it was a great visit. The food was wonderful, flavorful, and well presented. Portions are a tad small, but filling. But, what I must commend is the service. Our server was friendly, attentive, helpful, and knowledgeable. She spent time explaining the menu and ensuring we got what we wanted. The water boy and the server assistants were equally wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014Wonderful experience. Thanks for honoring our request for a quiet table. Food, drink and service were all excellent.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/25/2014Napa Cafe has some of the best service in town. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming and the wait staff are very helpful. One of my favorite restaurants in Memphis.Special Features:
- SuperbgoodeatsVIPDined on 10/22/2014The service was excellent. The server was very detail in describing the menu items as well as the special of the night. She was extremely attentive and friendly. The ribeye and lamb were excellent. Portions were generous. We had a great experience. They are remodeling and it is going to be awesome.Special Features:
- sherbearDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyed this out of the way restaurant. If you want to go somewhere that you don't see everyone in town, this is a great spot. Service was great, food delicious, nice atmosphere. Busy - but still quiet enough to have meaningful conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressesdlkirkseyDined on 9/27/2014I have been to this restaurant before and it was wonderful. However, this visit was very disappointing. My salmon was very overcooked and the rice was so burned it was crunchy. I would not go back.Special Features:
- Shopping Center DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Napa Cafe must have one of the best chefs in Memphis. While it may be tucked on the corner of a shopping center, it does not serve drive by food. I enjoyed a meal that delighted all the taste buds and my pocket book. I rarely clean my plate of all the servings (what's the point - I need to diet anyway), but I couldn't stop myself from enjoying every little sensuous bite of this meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatBikingmanswifeDined on 9/20/2014I am a vegetarian andIi have never yet been let down by what the chef prepares for me. It is always delicious to the eye and mouth! My husband really likes the filet mignon in particular however everything he has had has enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We ate here a few months back and told ourselves we needed to come more often. The place has really changed and is much more open with a big open bar. It is still missing some artwork and lighting and we were told it would be complete by the end of the month. Definitely has a better atmosphere. The service was knowledgeable and genuine. The food was great. The standouts were the scallops with oxtail dumplings and charred mango and the pork belly salad with grilled peaches, pickled celery, and burrata (sp?) cheese. Overall a great time and happy to see the improvements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite dining placeMISlibrarianDined on 9/13/2014As always we had great food and great service at Napa Cafe. Their renovation is almost complete. The bar area seems so much bigger with the 3/4 wall removed. This place is always our number one choice for special occasions and for bringing out of town guests.Special Features:
- glc11VIPDined on 9/12/2014They did an outstanding job of being very average.
- Excellent food!TboneDined on 9/5/2014Just went to the Napa Cafe for the first time. It won't be our last! The food was excellent, from the presentation to the portion size to the wonderful flavors. The different foods worked together seamlessly. A friendly and attentive staff was another plus. Also, when the owners found out it was our first visit, they made a point of welcoming us and checking on our experience. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine listmuncherDined on 9/5/2014Surprisingly limited wine list. Then the wine we selected was not available. Service was excellent and we enjoyed the new menu items, but miss the previous tuna entree.Special Features:
- Wedding AnniversaryCTSBNKRDined on 8/30/2014Despite the fact that the restaurant looked like it was in the middle of a remodel (blank walls, trim missing, etc.), the staff did a great job of making our anniversary dinner special. The food was very good - tomato with basil and dill soup; mussels with artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes; filet with marsala sauce; and, an ancho-coated strip steak - and the prices were reasonable, so we definitely felt as though we received good value. Our only complaints centered around the way the bill was handled. An automatic tip was added (on top of tax, no less) and my cell phone was taken out of my sight to process our Living Social deal. Both very unprofessional, in my opinion. I would have tipped 20-25%, but was irked at this point.Special Features:
- Very nice, a little expensiveDeedeeDined on 8/23/2014Napa cafe was a nice experience. It is a quaint restaurant, very quiet and nice for an intimate dinner. The food overall was pretty good. Only let down was having my first choice entree sold out. Otherwise, the entrees were excellent. Crab cake was delicious. I was less impressed with the steamed muscles. Overall, I had a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GracioushighcottonVIPDined on 8/23/2014Even though we were early they were welcoming and accommodating. The server was very helpful with some dietary restrictions we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple Fine DiningWillbebackDined on 8/22/2014Amazing flavors and simple dishes made right. Service was excellent. We felt at home and out if town at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply MarvelousDiningDuoDined on 8/22/2014We had the best time ever at this fine dining establishment tucked away at the center of East Memphis. White Table cloth dining in Memphis is hard to find. The owners are great and make sure that every patron is met during dinner. Great Food! Great Wine! Great Experience!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2014While I consider the service at Napa Cafe some of the best in town it was a little off on our last visit - probably due to the fact that our waiter was perhaps in training? It won't deter us from going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 339 reviews are from the Napa Cafe reviews archive.
- always nice and great foodSamTNDined on 7/25/2014Always nice staff and great food, a place to go or take out of town guests .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and still getting better!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2014Napa Cafe has always been one of our favorite restaurants. We knew they were making some improvements and couldn't wait to see it. We would have given it 5 stars for the atmosphere, but not every detail is complete. Their food and service are 5 stars every time. In fact, I think this may be the only restaurant in town we rank the highest every time. It's consistently that good! We had new(er) dishes on menu (Pork Chop & scallops), but hear there are more additions still to come. We can't wait to see final results-it's already a beautiful place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited MenuMemphisDined on 7/12/2014Okay but not worth the price. Under renovation so I might give it another chance.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014Always enjoy this restaurant. It was under renovations during this visit so it was a bit noiser and unorganized than usual. However, the entire staff was attentive and appreciative that we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding dining experience.LuvmywineDined on 6/28/2014Service, menu selection, unique wine list, start to finish this is an outstanding restaurant. Our table enjoyed the crab cake appetizer and shrimp and grits and the tomato basil soup was outstanding. We enjoyed a large portion of pork chop, one diner had the striped bass and thought it some of the best in the world. Two at our table had the duck breast. One diner felt the portion was average with a small portion of the hash/confit, both thought it was prepared to perfection. The buttermilk cake is a must have. Relaxed quiet atmosphere, our server was exceptional, attentive but not obtrusive. Best service in town. A hidden gem. We will definitely return and bring out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PickyinMemphisDined on 6/23/2014The food is always great! The atmosphere is nice. Terrific wine list. It's a real east Memphis jewel - easy to find, easy to park.Special Features:
- Napa CafeLynda1851Dined on 6/21/2014This restaurant is one of my favorites - delicious food and excellent service. I always want to eat here!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Excellent food. Friendly service. We dined outside and had scallops (perfect) and the pork chop (juicy).Special Features:
- Scallops!UmtigrDined on 6/13/2014The scallops may have been the best I've ever had. They were perfectly prepared, juicy, and flavorful. Our server, Jan, was attentive without hovering. She was very helpful with our decision making with our entree's. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to Reputation!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2014My wife had dined here...I had not. So when the opportunity arose, I made the reservation. Napa Cafe is not small, but i would recommend a reservation only because the restaurant may be hosting an event and would allow them to plan accordingly. We had the scallops and the beef filet which were served perfectly. Service was prompt and attentive without being over-bearing. The wine list is very good including some unique choices bottled expressly for the Cafe. Prices were certainly in line with a quality dining experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday SurpriseAnonDined on 5/31/2014We went to NAPA CAFE for a surprise 40th birthday. We booked through OpenTable and had a brief follow-up call with the staff. They did an amazing job. Tea lights and jewels on the table and even a custom printed menu for the birthday girl. Food was universally good and service was great. Would definately recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014What an outstanding meal. The tuna salad was one of the best things I've eaten in a good while. My partner had the meatloaf and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. The service was great and our server was very knowledgeable about the menu and extremely pleasant. The restaurant is tucked away but I was glad we discovered it. Can't wait to try it again!
- Tucked Away DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I have known the restaurant was there for a while, but never tried it. A friend was in town from Atlanta and had a Groupon! We decided to try the restaurant. The food and service were wonderful. I will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/8/2014It had been a while since we had eaten here. The one thing that stood out more than anything was the consistency. I wasn't sure what to expect because it had been so long since we had been here. The grilled romaine, pork chop, and scallops were all standouts. The service was every bit as good as I remembered. The restaurant had a decent crowd but the noise level was quiet which I liked. I need to eat here more because it really is one of the better places in town and certainly consistent.Special Features:
- Beyond WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/6/2014This is a restaurant that I've driven by a few times and then read some reviews that peeked my interest. Our dinner was as close to perfection as any restaurant that I have experienced in Memphis. My wife had scallops and I ordered the filet mignon. We had the crab cake (all crab) & short rib sliders for appetizers and split the grilled Romaine salad. Everything was prepared to perfection. Service was the best I've received in Memphis in a long time. We will be back very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for a Memphis LunchOTUserDined on 5/6/2014The Napa Cafe is a favorite place for lunch, with good food and service. Dinners here are also excellent.Special Features:
- MehYummy4mytummyDined on 4/25/2014I took my mom here for her bday. They were having a special event and it was loud that night. Our server nice enough, but could have been more attentive. My mom never got a refill for her tea and our water was always refilled by someone else. Another male server who we overheard was a better and more personable waiter. Finally, for a $34 steak, you'd expect them to be very tender, and it was not. It was a decent steak, but nothing to write home about or to want to pay $34 again. Finally, though it's a nice, cozy place, their three main paintings show these small shacks in the midst of cotton fields. Though there were no people in any of the paintings they reminded me of slave quarters for some reason. All in all, I din't have to go back.Special Features:
- daviVIPDined on 4/25/2014There has been a trend away from the name (Napa) which evoked great wine and Cal food. The wine list now only has one half bottle on the list; no viognier, and the by the glass list is one of each for chard, cab, melot pinot noir, etc. The menu keeps getting more limited as well.
- Pleasant Evening OutUgadawgDined on 4/19/2014We dined outside. Very nice weather, great food and attentive service by Karen. Quality and quantity of food was superior, but there were no side item options which was a disappointment. We have eaten at Napa Cafe several times and will continue to do so. It's one of our favorites.Special Features:
- Napa CafeCharlieDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed delicious food and service. A bit pricey except for special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed wonderful dining experienceLocalDined on 4/12/2014Enjoyed wonderful dining experience. Perfect Memphis weather for dining outside. Waiter did superb job anticipating and satisfying all requests. Food was delectable particularly the veggie plate prepared by the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.