Napa & Company
75 Broad Street
Stamford, CT 06901Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Napa & Company
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.napaandcompany.com/
- Phone: (203) 353-3319
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm;
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Leonardo Marino
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Experience a taste of Napa & Co. in your home or your office. Napa provides off-site catering for corporate functions to weddings. Farm to Table seasonal cuisine featuring local cuisine with an influence of Napa...wine tastings, wine classes, chef tasting menu, BBQ, Clam bakes, and more.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a private facility for cocktail events for up to 40pp and private dining rooms for 10pp or 35pp.
- Private Party Contact: Marie Maguire, General Manager 2033533319
- Special Events: Napa & Co believes in teaching without pretension so if its a wine class on the regions of Spain, a women winemaker happy hour, wine dinners...we are always findinging new ways to spread the passion we have for all things wine and food.
A word from Napa & Company
At Napa and Company our wine selection is diverse and complex enough to complement any palate, our cuisine is American with a decidedly European influence; traditional dishes with chef’s contemporary spin. Fast food: from the farm to the plate without delay. Experience a taste of Napa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Napa & Company - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Napa & Company reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (48)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (27)romantic (20)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (14)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- average at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/15/2014I didn't realize at time if booking that this was a marriot hotel restaurant. overpriced and underwhelming food. the service was great though. I ordered a special (swordfish) expecting fresh fish and it tasted awful. I couldn't eat it but my husband willingly swapped dishes with me (probably bc he didn't want me to send it back). this goes back to his days as a waiter but he also didn't notice it didn't taste fresh. but it was clearly not. and I think it was priced over $30. the mussels appetizer was good though so maybe it was a fluke. not going back though.
- Looking forward to going backOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014Napa & Co. is now our favorite Stamford restaurant. The food was outstanding, the service was great, nice wine choice, & a fun atmosphere. We can't wait to go back when we visit Stamford again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 11/8/2014Ordered small plates and appetizers. Food and service were very good.Special Features:
- first time to Napa and CoddmopentableDined on 10/30/2014First time there. I'm not a wine drinker, but the wine list was large. Food was very good, as was the service. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite in Stamford!MarWestyVIPDined on 10/25/2014I am so excited to discover this restaurant. The food was great, loved the ambiance and wonderful service. Looking forward to come back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in CT!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/24/2014My wife and I have been dining at Napa & Co over the past 6+ years and have always had great experiences. Service is top notch, impeccable wine list and delicious food! The serve the best gnocchi I have ever had… it’s a must have. You honestly can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly DisappointingJanoDined on 10/24/2014I have been going to Napa for about 6 years and the quality of the food as varied very much over the years but never as bad as last night. The deviled eggs were premade and refrigerated; the eggs rubbery, the lettuce garnish wilted and old. The “duck-fois gras” was a duck meatball; I couldn’t taste any fois gras. The main dishes were also disappointing. We ordered filet mignon; it was okay…the sauce was nice but I swear the vegetables had been microwaved (way too hot in the center). I love the location and hope one day it gets back to where it was but I am not going to be going there for a while…and I think by the lack of people there on a Friday night, the word has got out.Special Features:
- A solid performanceChrisDined on 10/22/2014I've been to Napa several times now. It's definitely on my short list of go-to spots for a midweek date night with my girlfriend. The food is delicious - try the fried brussels sprouts or the roast chicken; the service is great, the location is convenient (it's a short enough walk from the parking garage behind Target). Nothing to complain about, and a consistently excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still great all these years laterOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/18/2014It's been at least 5 years since we last ate at Napa & Company, and everything I remembered about the quality and originality of the food was still in tact. Great wine list, and the specials made it very hard to decide whether to stick with what was on the menu. Napa is now in the middle of a bustling restaurant scene. As a result, parking was difficult. I was disappointed that the Courtyard Marriott, in which Napa is located, does not reserve spots for restaurant guests, so if it's a busy night, you're on your own!Special Features:
- Our reunion dinnerFrenchwenchDined on 10/18/2014Nice active ambience. Service was attentive and not overbearing. They never rushed us and I am sure we overstayed our "allotted" time. Fish was great! I had the mahi mahi with acorn squash and farro - awesome!! Avoid the beet and arugula salad - too much vinegar, mozzarella tasted like tofu, lots of mushrooms and only traces of arugula. Nice wine. Good cappuccino. Overall a nice experience.Special Features:
- Great Wine ListJohnnyKVIPDined on 10/17/2014Very accommodating General Manager. Which made the experience better. The food was okay as well but unfortunately our waiter was not so great. On the pricey side for what we received. We have dinned here many times in the past and it is usually better. We were there on a Friday night and the majority of the tables were available. We will try again in a couple of months.Special Features:
- A perfect dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/2/2014We recently went here to celebrate a birthday and the service and food were both fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing servicesteaksandwineDined on 9/25/2014Amazing team! Food was great and wine was even better! We had people coming late and that was not a problem! Thanks so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Nice placeAjr25Dined on 9/4/2014The food was very good. The setting was causal but nice. Service was solid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekQuietman97Dined on 8/29/2014Took advantage of opportunity during Stamford's restaurant week. Food was perfect. The Chef understands that the secret to great food is in the sauce. Everything flavored perfectly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/23/2014Great food and wine and lovely evening! Great value with Restaurant week.Special Features:
- Napa has it all.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/22/2014All aspects of a good dining experience is here. Food is very well prepared with top quality ingredients and presentation. Service and ambiance is up to expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food but very priceyDianaVIPDined on 8/15/2014The food was really good..the Flatbread pizzas, the Farro appetizers were great but were about 50% more costly than they should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LamjVIPDined on 8/11/2014Enjoyable lunch. I had the snapper, which was very good and the shrimp tempura, which had too much batter and was overly greasy.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The Burger was awesome and the wine was half off that night. Overall another good experience, would absolute recommend this restaurant to a friendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingWineODined on 8/1/2014Amazing food. Phenomenal wine selection and great service! Can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 530 reviews are from the Napa & Company reviews archive.
- Great Service & Great FoodDanaDined on 7/26/2014Eric makes fantastic cocktails, the food is creative without being pretentious.... Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJCLPDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I love Napa. The food is always outstanding, and the atmosphere and noise levels are always perfect for a romantic dinner. It is our go to place for a special meal. We went this past weekend for my wife's birthday, and they had complimentary bubbly ready for us when we arrived. All of the food for our party of four was excellent as well. The wine was great, as were the mixed drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FitzDined on 7/16/2014excellent service, great wine choices and menu was excellent for the summerSpecial Features:
- A perfect dining experienceSwinkieDined on 7/8/2014Napa & Company is a terrific dining experience. The staff are responsive and welcoming, the food is creative and delicious without going over the top. We celebrated my husband's 65th birthday, and we were amazed at the many ways the staff made my husband feel special. This place is a gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/8/2014Food was good; had the two course prix-fixe at lunch for $20. Not bad but had to pay for parking that cost almost $10.Special Features:
- Perfect Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/30/2014My husband and I made reservations here to celebrate our wedding anniversary. They made us feel so special throughout the evening with personal touches such as a handwritten "happy anniversary" note card on our table, the best table in the house (a corner table by the window), two glasses of champagne on the house, and a surprise trio of sorbet to accompany the dessert we ordered. Our waiter Marco was very friendly and knowledgeable. He gave great recommendations on wine and food selections. He spaced out our meal perfectly so that we did not feel rushed. The appetizers, starters, and main course selections are always innovative/intriguing as well as delicious. And the wine list is great! It was the perfect way to celebrate our special day.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/30/2014great food - the shrimp summer salad and roasted chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel are my favoritesSpecial Features:
- Service worthy of the MenuCraigDined on 6/18/2014As first time diners at Napa & Co, my girlfriend and I had heard nothing but good things from friends and had been meaning to get in and try it out. We specified the fact that we were first timers on the Open Table reservation, and Napa took it upon themselves to not only welcome us as first time diners, but to send over two complimentary glasses of Muscato upon arriving at our table. Our server was knowledgeable and attentive, while not at all overbearing. The food was out of this world. I plan on returning soon, and would recommend Napa to anyone looking for a great upscale experience with a casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Father's DayCTFoodieVIPDined on 6/15/2014Our son and I took my husband to brunch for Father's Day and while everything was great, were disappointed there were not more people in the restaurant. However, we enjoyed our meal and would certainly go back. In fact we are going back for a Pizza evening at the end of the month.Special Features:
- pslmfdDined on 6/5/2014Loved the menu, the food, the ambiance. Chairs could be more comfortable.Special Features:
- More noise than I rememberedCoachDined on 5/27/2014Very good food. Kind of fun wine list on an iPad. Service excellent as always. Noise levels for an early dinner were at times so high that it was hard to hear my guest speak, so perhaps it wasn't the best choice for a conversation during the meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovepuppyVIPDined on 5/24/2014Great food, a little pricey, excellent service. Our first there, but not our last. Especially enjoyed the mussels and fries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/22/2014wonderful meal, good wine selection and the waiter's recommendations were spot on. We tried the quinoa salad ( not one of the recommendations). It was tasty and I would definitely order it again. We were there to celebrate a birthday and they served us complimentary champagne and cheese.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy Napa!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2014We had a great Mothers Day brunch at Napas. The service was great and the food was delicious. They also handed out little buckets filled with candy when brunch was over. Lovely time. I would recommend Napa for lunch or dinner. Dinners are great also. Well done Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch napajimdineDined on 5/11/2014Went for Brunch. It was just OK. Looked nice from the street so we always wanted to try it, but food was disappointing. The place itself and even the menu looked good. But there is a big difference between a cook and chef and Napa has a cook. Even the coffee I had at the end had a machine taste, it was supposed to be illy but tasted like diner coffee.Special Features:
- Good food but too loud for meNannyDined on 5/10/2014Visited on Sat night. Waited for a table that had been reserved weeks in advance. Seated our foursome at a round table that could easily serve 8. Luckily a table for 4 opened shortly after we sat so we moved to it. Service was otherwise excellent. Mushroom flatbread was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food!FoodieDined on 5/10/2014Napa & Company is one of our favorite area restaurants. We often go there for special occasions. The food is delicious, i's great for sharing dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & ambience, bad foodDisappointedNeighborDined on 5/10/2014We went there with high expectations for Mother's Day dinner. We were rather disappointed because the three of us had 3 completely different types of main dishes, none of them meeting our expectations. Mahi Mahi had no taste (maybe the fish was not fresh), bolonese pasta needed additional ketchup to make it more tasty, and even the wagyu burger was fair at best compared against any diners or chain restaurants offering beef burgers. Given the rather expensive tab, the excellent service and ambience go to waste when accompanied by poor quality food. We will not go back there again.
- Very Nice dinnerDiningMattersDined on 5/9/2014Waiter was a pro, made parents and two adult children feel welcome and gave helpful input on menu choices. Charcuterie share for table was outstanding. Eclectic and interesting menu. Fish was perfectly prepared. All diners were happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.