29 Broad Street
Nantucket, MA 02554Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://ackprime.com/
- Phone: 5082282117x
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday through Saturday: 11:30am – 10:00pm
Sunday: 10:30am – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Nantucket Prime
Nantucket Prime is an upscale island steakhouse, specializing in prime steaks, grilled fish, and raw bar.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Nantucket Prime - Best Restaurants in Nantucket ›
Nantucket Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (13)special occasion (11)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)kid-friendly (6)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Wayy2goVIPDined on 8/18/2014Bone in filet is the best ever! One of the best steaks I have ever had!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try something new!JimLDined on 8/15/2014We felt like a steak dining experience on island in summer, which is so rare. The service was great and food excellent. One of the best rib eye steaks I have ever had. Also loved the ambiance, which was historic inn meets fresh upscale dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not NantucketSkierDined on 8/13/2014Beautiful hotel and very elegant dining room. And therein lies my problem with this restaurant. It was over $300 for three of us with only two glasses of wine. Absolutely everything, including bread was a la carte. The food was ok, certainly not a "dining experience " worthy of these prices. There are dozens of fine restaurants on the island at less then half the price. Sorry, we wanted it to be better. On a positive note, the staff were terrific.Special Features:
- reviewgilbert708Dined on 8/12/2014Food was ok Steak was huge and full of fat - overpriced with no sides with it- just a big steak clam pasta had only 3 clams in the whole dish chairs and table were not steady on patio only one waitress to the whole patio - so it was a very long wait not sure if I will go backSpecial Features:
- ConfusedPaulNAckVIPDined on 8/12/2014I thought that the venue was very tastefully decorated, and was greeted by a waitress who seated us promptly. My steak was fine, and the service was attentive. The confusing part is in the details. The bartender who helped serve our party of 6 our drinks was dressed in faded jeans with an untucked shirt and sneakers, compared to a very pretty and well dressed waitress. The "background music" was loud Motown in a room where a light Bach would seem more appropriate. The hostess station is apparently outside the Inn in which the restaurant is located. No prominent signage indicating we should check in there as opposed to the dining room. This place is new but they better start getting to work on the details or they won't get to be old.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced and slow serviceEatsw8Dined on 8/11/2014Prime real estate but not prime experience. Waitstaff was nice but exceptionally slow. After being seated we waited for more than 10 minutes before waitress came back. After finally ordering it was one full hour before we got an appetizer. The food was good but not great. And yes..... I know it is Nantucket and so you should expect to pay a lot but wow.... Expensive.
- JoniVIPDined on 8/8/2014Service was terrible, food was mediocre and the aesthetics needs a make over. Only a couple of months old and the place is overpriced and not pretty at all.
- Not worth the TripJML51VIPDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful, newly re-done dining room looks more like NYC than NKT. Appetizers were good, especially the oysters. The waitress, Cat, was surly, unfriendly and inattentive, acting as if she had better things to do than wait on the four of us. I had a steak that I could not chew, it was so tough. My husband ordered the rib-eye and left half of it on his plate because it was all fat. And if you are thinking of eating outside, the patio has an obnoxious wide-screen TV that just ruins the ambiance. Won't be dining there again. There are too many wonderful restaurants to choose fromSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/20143rd time back and the food and service was were as good if not better than the first two dinners. Our server was very knowledgeable and friendly. Will be back whenever we are on Nantucket.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningLondonViewDined on 8/6/2014What a great restaurant. Delicious food. The staff were friendly efficient and flexible - we had our 11 and 9 year old children with us and our waitress couldn't have been more helpful with tweaking the menu for them. We all had steak and each one was full of flavour, butter soft and perfectly cooked. Interesting wine list and delicious puddings also. We're in Nantucket for a week and are returning to Prime tonight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nantucket primeNormanDined on 8/6/2014Food was very average and the prices outrageous even for Nantucket. That location continues to fail, it could be successful but to do it you have to be special not run of the mill.
- First-timerBobbyPVBDined on 8/2/2014Loved the entire evening. Will go again next time on the island.Special Features:
- Great AdditionOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014Had two meals here over the course of our week here. Great food and service. We sat on the patio. Steaks were very tasty. Scallop dish as well. We'll definitely be back!
- Great steak in NantucketCB17VIPDined on 8/1/2014Fantastic steak restaurant in downtown. Great pairing of wine to filet. Perfectly cooked. Flavors wonderful. Don't miss it for a nicer meal out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Sub" Prime - Bring an Airbag!HPSmithDined on 7/30/2014I was foolish. Normally I read Open Table reviews and I did not. A HUGE mistake. Caesar salad was lathered in dressing. Strip steak was reminiscent of something you would find at a Denny's except not as good. Thank God my Daughters Boyfriend was entertaining. DON'T GO! For the NY prices, at least provide a NY Steakhouse experience (or something better than Red Robin). Provide some food worth eating. You do the Coffin House a tremendous disservice. Just awful.
- UnpleasantBobolinkDined on 7/29/2014Wait staff very unprofessional. Poorly dressed in Jean shorts with nose rings. Not acceptable in such a pricey restaurant. Steak was so tough it had to be cut in very very small pieces to be Abe to chew and swallow it. French fries were greasy and soggy. Not crisp. Very disappointed. Will never return and if they last it will be a miracle.
- New FindNaplesDinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014Great food with Steak the Specialty - Went early after opening and the service was awful
- GJHGJHVIPDined on 7/26/2014Salty food, leisurely service. Ok, but for the price point should be better.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workWen63VIPDined on 7/20/2014The steaks were good as was most if the food. We ordered our Caesar salad without picketed mackerel and it was in the salad. The wait staff is untrained. For a restaurant of this caliber, that's inexcusable. There seemed to be no maître d. Poor supervision and one steak had to be returned as it wasn't rare. They charge for steak sauce! Too bad, as the food is good. When they get their act together, we may return.
- Nantucket PrimeNickDangerDined on 7/18/2014When the waiter brought out two steaks, he did not know which was medium-well and which was medium-rare. The steaks and chowder was VERY SALTY and...the Coffee was undrinkable. This was poor for the BIG prices we paid at this restaurant.
- PerfectKaYummyDined on 7/15/2014We enjoyed a delicious meal at Nantucket Prime. My party had Caesar salads (huge), Iceberg lettuce Roquefort salad, baked potato (with bacon-yum), steak frittes (tender, cooked perfectly, great sauce), ribeye and key lime pie. We sat outside at night, under the awning with a view of the surrounding historic buildings. Our server(s) were very attentive and accommodating concerning our menu inquiries and the weather. The night air was cooling and it was threatening to rain although we felt completely relaxed and comfortable. We will be visiting this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amateur cookMikeDined on 7/11/2014Amateur food at extremely high price. Disgusting salad. We had to ask for bread. Sword fish and steak over cooked and dry. Trio of sauces were a joke. The best thing was the bread because it was not made there.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Nantucket Prime reviews archive.