146 E. 46th St.
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nanninyc.com/Default.aspx
- Phone: 2126974161
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Silvo Sclano
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Can accomodate up to 15 persons in the front room.
- Private Party Contact: Vittorio Miriel 2126974161
A word from Nanni Restaurant
Northern Italian cuisine, notably pasta with "Nannis sauce". Veal Sopressa, soft shell crabs, Branzini, and pasta with white truffles when in season.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nanni Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)great for lunch (8)romantic (7)good for groups (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Old School Italian feel, Good FoodCoreDined on 8/7/2014I have been to Nanni on several occasions. The food is consistently good and the service is good. Going in you have to expect server suggestions and also ask their opinion on dishes, they are very helpful. I was with 2 business associates who can be very judgmental about restaurants (Italian in particular) and they were very happy with their meals. The location is small and subterranean, but it is well lit and does not feel cramped. You are going to Nanni for the food, not for the view. I would suggest ordering the specials, the veal and the gnocchi very good. Most dishes are not red sauce heavy Italian style, unless that is what you want.Special Features:
- Great old ItalianScottTNCDined on 7/21/2014The service was very good, with the waiters all speaking to each other in Italian. The food was excellent, with the waiter making a great recommendation.Special Features:
- Nanni No MasMudmanVIPDined on 7/9/2014I reserved Nanni because it was convenient to a meeting site-I had not been there for a number of years-needless to say I will not return-the restaurant was pretty empty when we arrived-there were 3 VERY old waiters who couldn't decide who wanted to wait on us-so none of them did! This comedy of errors continued-with one waiter taking our order and another returning to take our order -this despite the fact the place was empty. I ordered a house Chianti-it was undrinkable-I substituted a pinot Grigio which was OK-they did not charge for the Chianti-which was the high point of the evening. The food was passible-nothing extraordinary-tourist trap list.
- A ClassicbiztrpDined on 6/19/2014As might be expected, this long standing Italian favorite was strong on the food and wine. The setting is predictably tight & noisy. Definitely keep it on the list for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing Italian!CarrieCanEatDined on 6/17/2014Nice place, great waitstaff, authentic AMAZING FOOD!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatdeandaDined on 6/11/2014I eat a lot in Manhattan ant some great restaurants. But, time in time out, Nanni's always delivers. Quality Italian in a great old school atmosphere. Not a red sauce joint, but not a small portion "gourmet" Italian. Always highest quality.Special Features:
- Highly recommendedJc1035Dined on 5/28/2014First time there and enjoyed Ninna's food and service. Cozy and warm suitable for all occasions. My girlfriends and I liked this restaurant a lot. Definitely will go back the second time.Special Features:
- Friendly and family likemaanosukeDined on 5/12/2014I've been Nanni for more that 15 years and they still keep the style and tastes. Once accustomed, I like this family style restaurant very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 67 reviews are from the Nanni Restaurant reviews archive.
- Nanni's waass greatmikez1VIPDined on 4/23/2014We were 4 people who went to Nanni's last wed night. Three of us ordered the pasta with Nanni sauce it was excellent, Tagliatelle and Ravioli. the rest of the meal was very enjoyable and tasty. I have been going on and off for years its always very goodSpecial Features:
- Great foodVinceVIPDined on 4/21/2014Had a great birthday experience at Nanni. The waiters gave us first class treatment and the food was outstanding. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Better options in the areaJimboDined on 4/11/2014Have had a couple of good lunches at Nanni so was a little disappointed with the dinner service. While the kitchen can produce some good dishes, the way too bright lights and indifferent service detracted from the experience.
- Old schoolracecarproVIPDined on 4/9/2014Service was quick and lets get to it. Men 90% Women 10%Special Features:
- Nanni's sauce a must!YummyVIPDined on 4/1/2014The Nanni's sauce on any pasta as an appetizer is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian in ManhattanGTownBoyVIPDined on 3/22/2014Authentic trattoria locaed on E 46th Street. I've eaten here for years. Love it and as close to how my Italian Mom would cook. Try the penne aribiata if you like spicy food. The bruchetta also filled with divine garlic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, service andTrixieVIPDined on 3/18/2014Fabulous food, service and atmosphere! We loved it!!Special Features:
- Cute environment, food only okayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/20/2014The parpadelle was not a light and tasty as expected. The veal with eggplant parmigian was quite good. The service was lovely.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always ConsistentALEMANDined on 2/18/2014Whether a business luncheon or a leisurely dinner, the food is consistently good and the service very attentive. And yes, the tomato sauce is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table took the res, butWhatsthepointDined on 2/17/2014The restaurant was closed. Thanks for nothing, open table.
- Check the Health Inspection HistoryOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/12/2014Possibly the worst restaurant I have dined at in New York. Loud to the point of having to almost yell to be heard across the table. Food was mediocre at best. Fish was undercooked, vegetables had the consistency of chalk, salad was just a small plate of lettuce. The waiter was "too friendly" with my female guests to the point they were uncomfortable. After lunch one of my guests checked the New York health inspection history and it was very poor. I am embarrassed to have chosen Nanni's
- Hidden GemJimboDined on 1/22/2014Although Nanni has been around forever, it remains less well known than many of the other Italian restaurants in the area. I'd like to see it stay that way as the under-the-radar dining experience is part of the charm. It's old-school style and it's good food.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood jointpswbtrDined on 1/16/2014Great little Italian restaurant - wondeful service. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Excellent ItaliangitalianDined on 1/15/2014Great Italian resturaunt. Small, excellent pasta and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmileandrewDined on 1/15/2014The waiters need to be reminded that sincere, pleasant customer service is as important as the food. One of our waiters just grunted. The ancillary service people were far more pleasant.
- Good ol' fashion New York4NewYorkVIPDined on 1/15/2014Our first time visit was for lunch. Good "old fashion New York" restaurant. Our waiter has been in his profession a very long time. So professional and helpful with detailed descriptions and lots of patience. Upon asking for suggestions for salads/sides, his asking about "flavors" we might like or dislike, his response..."I'll take care of it." What arrived were custom built dishes for each of us. We tried three different pastas; all wonderfully al dente; all delicious. The very small restaurant and popularity at lunch time results in the place being quite loud, but I can and will pass on that and look forward to returning. Next visit will be for dinner...but will return for lunch also!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service so bad and rude..turnedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/26/2013Service so bad and rude..turned me off so much i couldn't even order food
- Cozy ItalianJerryDined on 12/13/2013The restaurant is nice and small. It makes the dining experience feel more special. All of the food was very good, and the wines were very nice for the price. Great selection of food available. I can't see having a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/12/2013Small place. Tables are packed in. Food was really good.
- Food was very good and goodSpoonsDined on 12/11/2013Food was very good and good selections. Old time waiters and ours basically pushed the special appetizer only. We only ordered it for one person and it was brought for the entire table. Also forgot to bring coffees for some of us amd asked twice. Also very very loud.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013This is a neighborhood gem filled with people who are obviously regulars and staffed by waiters who seem to have been there since it opened. The good was wonderful, four different pasta dishes -- all exceptional. We loved the ambience as it was filled with people who were animated and enjoying themselves in a warm and cozy environment. If we lived in the city we would be regulars too.Special Features:
- Great food w/ okay serviceRBAV910Dined on 12/4/2013More like you are at a family members home…the people, the vibe, the food guaranteed to be delicious…but you get what you get it comes to service. They are very friendly but sometimes the service just wasn't there. Still, I would go back…just not with clients. Yummy!Special Features:
- Too close for comfort1girlDined on 11/26/2013The food was good, but they have overstuffed the restaurant with tables. The obnoxious guy sitting next to me was almost in my lap it was so crowded. When the waiter came over to serve us, his elbow was almost in the poor kid's soup next to us on the other side. If they would only remove a couple of tables they would end up getting more business. I know I will never go back although I really liked the food.
- Consistently good!RobertDined on 11/23/2013I have been to Nannis at least a dozen times. Always a great meal. The service is great and you never feel rushed. Highly recommend this restaurantSpecial Features:
- Great food; incredibly noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/14/2013Several people suggested this to us for a business lunch. The food and service were terrific, but the noise level made it almost impossible to carry on a conversation. If you want to talk to your guests, ask for the little seating area off the bar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DavidDined on 11/7/2013Excellent neighborhood find! Superior wait staff - excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old school ItalianEndeavourVIPDined on 10/30/2013Food was decent but it didnt blow me away. The service was great though, waiter was a charming older Italian fellow and the staff was very welcoming. Decor a little dated.
- Nannis...Great food as alwaysDonlDined on 10/23/2013The food, especially the Nannis sauce, was wonderful. When we are in NYC this is our Italian Restaurant of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Refused ServiceAshleyDined on 10/19/2013We made a reservation online for 9:15. We are from out of town and got back to our hotel late. They had a 9:15 slot open open for a reservation so we took it online. We walked almost 2 miles to get to the restaurant and we were refused service. Absolutely crazy and we will NEVER go back. The guy we spoke to was extremely rude. We ended up going to Cafe Linda. It was amazing italian food, the service was amazing, and the owner was very friendly,Special Features:
- Shhhh .... don't tell anyone.CommuterfamVIPDined on 10/11/2013After many visits over many years, we still think Nannis is the best Italian restaurant in New York. The food is out of this world (try the veal, seriously), superb wines and the service is double-cheek kiss friendly and swift without being rushed. We cannot wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as always great food, ourbklynVIPDined on 10/2/2013as always great food, our waiter was a bit pushy so you have to stand your ground. Best Italian food in New York City.Special Features:
- GIRLS NIGHT OUT IN NYC2RWSVIPDined on 9/27/2013A LITTLE UNKNOW GEM........DON'T MISS GOING IF YOU ARE IN NYC!!!Special Features: