Nanea Restaurant and Bar
3838 Wyllie Rd
Princeville, HI 96722Neighborhood:
Hawaii Regional CuisinePrice: $31 to $50
Nanea Restaurant and Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.westinprinceville.com/dining/nanea
- Phone: 8088278808x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: M-Sa 7:00am-10:30am
Lunch: M-Sa 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Daily 5:30pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Hawaii Regional Cuisine, Pan-Asian, Hawaiian
- Executive Chef: Eric Purugganan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Mondays and Fridays- Solo Hawaiian musician and Hula dancer. 630pm- 830pm
Saturdays- Live Jazz- 630pm- 830pm
A word from Nanea Restaurant and Bar
The Westin Princeville’s signature restaurant, Nanea Restaurant and Bar, features intimate indoor seating or open outdoor terrace seating areas with distant ocean views. Delight in island-inspired cuisine throughout the day with menus utilizing vibrant farm greens, fresh local catch with an international flair. In the evenings, Nanea’s five-course Tasting Journey pairs delectable wines with seasonal dishes from savory to sweet. Gluten-free and vegan menus are also available, and chefs are delighted to personalize offerings based on guests’ dietary restrictions.Continued
The Nanea Restaurant and Bar is located on the 1st floor of The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas clubhouse.
The Nanea Restaurant and Bar is located on the 1st floor of The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas clubhouse.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Nanea Restaurant and Bar - Best Restaurants in Princeville ›
Nanea Restaurant and Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (16)scenic view (9)fit for foodies (8)romantic (8)good for groups (6)kid-friendly (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (2)neighborhood gem (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Vacation TravelerdaveDined on 10/16/2014As hotel/resort eateries go, this one rates high. Food was fresh, well prepared and nicely presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the prices011411VIPDined on 10/12/2014Located in the Westin hotel, we (party of 6ppl) were expecting higher prices but also expected great food & service. Our waiter kept forgetting items, like when we requested lemons for our water, refills on water & cokes took a long time, we had to even ASK for more water. Beer came out in cans, waiter poured once he got to the table... When our appetizers came out, the crab cakes were only room temperature. Not even a little warm.... The other appetizer with bread was soggy. Other than the bad appetizers, the dinner items were good. I had the half & half with Ahi & Beef Tenderloins, very tasty & steak was cooked perfectly. For the prices & bad appetizers, we will not be returning to this resturaunt.
- Food memorable for the wrong reasonteddyDined on 9/22/2014There were six of us . Five ordered the price fix three course dinner. Alhough the ahi in the appetizer was quite fresh, it had chips that were greasy and soggy. The short ribs entree that came next was practically inedible. We really couldnt identify the meat as beef. The composed chocolate desert looked very fancy but had no flavor. Overpriced hotel food.
- Princeville findDurny1Dined on 9/8/2014Nice outdoor setting in Princeville. We (group of 6) do a yearly 1 week stay in the north shore of Kauai, and have our dining favorites. We hadn't tried this retaurant before, and we are very pleased to be able to add one more to the list of favorites. If you have dinner here (we did) be sure to walk over to the edge of the grounds; great scenery, specially with a full moon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimboDined on 9/4/2014We ate a pre-fixe dinner that was exceptional. The service was very good as was the presentation. Great view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food we had in Kauai!!!StallionDined on 8/27/2014We would go back to this restaurant again and again!!! We had excellent drinks, food, service, and the dessert was out of this world. I had the pick two entrees which unlike most pick twos you get half of the complete dish and all the sides that would regularly accompany that dish!!! Filet and scallops were both killer and the rosotto cake was awesome. Wife got the Mahi Mahi and it was the best fish dish we had on the island (we went to St Regis, Tavern, CJs, and postcards). Dessert was one of the best creme brulees we have ever had! The only negative of this whole place was no sunset but the ambiance with all the tikis lit was still very romanticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Delicious!mrflowersDined on 8/14/2014We always experience excellent service and food at Na Nea. We go there for all celebrations and also just a great reason to eat out!Special Features:
- Nothing special and priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Totally overpriced for mediocre food. You could sense the cooking was technically correct but there was no enthusiasm of flavor. Felt like a good time to use the phrase "nothing to write home about."
- KristineSweetKristiGirlVIPDined on 7/22/2014There were 6 of us for a birthday celebration and each dish was fantastic! The sangria was delicious too! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good and ConvenienttpcjkkDined on 7/17/2014Nanea is the only on-resort dining option for Westin Princeville Ocean Resort guests. Fortunately, it is pretty much as good as the neighboring equivalently priced restaurants, making it a convenient option if you're staying at the resort. The menu is varied enough, as is the wine list, so that you could eat at least 2-3 dinners at the restaurant during a stay and not be bored. The dining area is outdoors, in a covered patio setting. There is no view. They can accommodate larger groups easily.Special Features:
- Our Go-To RestaruantBigRedDined on 7/14/2014We always go to Nanea our last night on Kauai. We have been going to Nanea ever since they opened.Special Features:
- Food OK Service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/6/2014My wife and I dined at a nice outside table. The food was of good quality and very well prepared but not at all seasoned. The chef needs to work on his sauces. The servers were great and responded immediately to special requests. I ordered the wine pairing with my fettucine dish. It was over priced and not exceptional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The food was amazing, and the service was great too! They found out on the spot that it was a special occasion dinner for us, and prepared a special, private table for our party. Great experience, and I hope to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic FoodShoes63Dined on 6/26/2014Loved this restaurant. The service was outstanding and the Prime Rib perfect. Great place for a special dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 83 reviews are from the Nanea Restaurant and Bar reviews archive.
- YumbeareVIPDined on 6/23/2014A spectacular meal. Dinner was so enjoyable that I returned for breakfast.Special Features:
- Resort DiningclubsecretaryVIPDined on 6/15/2014Overlooks pool with ocean view. Casual resort dining atmosphere with one of several pools within 100 feet. Very nice menu with several varieties of local fish as well as salmon. Monday appears to be "prime rib night" and it was an excellent choice after several days of outstanding local fish. The salad was very fresh and the creme brûlée excellent. The service was personable but not intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and food sub-parDanielVIPDined on 5/27/2014If our server spent a total of 2 minutes at our table, I would be surprised. After waiting 30 minutes to order,an expediter served the apps and entrees. When we were done, the server asked how was everything. That's not how fine dining should be. He was never there when we needed him. He always rushed. Food was also poor. We both had the tomato basil bisque. I love all types of tomato soups. This was the worst tomato soup I have had. It tasted like a bowl of chopped tomatoes heated up. No sense of any bisque, no basil and no taste. Just heated up chopped tomatoes. We both tad fresh fish--one ono and one ahi. Both were just very average. Excessive food pricing at resorts is expected; if they deliver, that's OK. Here they don't
- Left in a cornerFoodwatcherDined on 5/24/2014We made reservations, asked if we wanted indoors or out. We chose in and were escorted to at able tucked into an interior wall corner. Service was fleetinig, no chance for repore in the production line method of service. Food was delicious. They have gluten free choices on their menu which is why I chose Nanea. Would we go again? Maybe, just to see if we had hit an off night. We like interactive service as well as good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKingsdaughterDined on 5/11/2014Not just a hotel restaurant! One of our best meals in Kauai!Special Features:
- Perfect eveningluckyladyDined on 5/10/2014We found Nanea on line our first day of arrival and made an early reservation...so easy!! We were able to sit outside on the patio right next to the water feature...lovely. Our waiter, Bryan was attentive and helpful without being too invasive ....perfect service! The food was amazingly delicious. We all had starters for our main course and salads, a wonderful bottle of red wine and incredible desserts! This could not have been better!! Highly recommend! We may even go back on our last night to heopefully have an equally enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionChicagogirlVIPDined on 5/8/2014We've dined at Nanea three times and each visit exceeded expectations. The food is delicious and I recommend the five course pairing with selected wines. We recently celebrated our honeymoon and the staff went out of their way to make the night special even presenting us with a card signed by all server, the manager and bartender. What a personal touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay....but not moreLQChrisVIPDined on 5/6/2014We made a reservation for Nanea following our marriage on Tunnel's beach. The service and food quality were good. Nothing spectacular. Certainly not poor. Just okay. Not sure that we would return here, unless we were staying in the area.Special Features:
- Good but not greatABauerDined on 5/2/2014Our server made our meal for us; otherwise we were unimpressed. Food was ok but nothing special. Wine pairings were cheap but I guess "you get what you pay for" applied here. I would have been very disappointed with out evening as a whole but the excellent service we received made up for what was lacking in terms of management and the chef's ability to excel in the kitchen.Special Features:
- Lovely!Lolly425VIPDined on 4/30/2014We love Nanea when we are in Kauai. The service is great and so is the food.Special Features:
- One Notch Above OrdinaryLrrhodesVIPDined on 4/22/2014Had dinner on the terrace overlooking the pool with a pleasant view beyond. Our reservation was honored on time. Service was polite and professional. Both of us had local fish with different preparations. Fish was fresh and prepared as expected-no surprises. We didn't find anything exceptional about the restaurant, but nothing was that lacking either. Overall, about what one expects in a hotel restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK for miniature foodRubymanVIPDined on 4/18/2014We chose the prix fix menu and the portion of the fish entrees was less than 3 ounces. Won't be back. Spend $20 more and have a fabulous meal at the St. RegisSpecial Features:
- North Shore Top SpotSharaLeeDined on 4/16/2014Nanea is a gem on Kauai's north shore. True aloha in the ambiance and the very welcoming staff. Lovely menu selections drawing from local resources of sea and land, prepared wonderfully. Perfect for a special occasion or just neighborhood night out. Casual elegance. Excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Go -To RestaurantBigRedDined on 4/4/2014When we go to our home on the North shore of Kauai this is our favorite place to eat on the North Shore.We come from the San Francisco area and are spoiled by great food. Finally there is a place worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious brunch, lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014A delicious brunch, lovely outdoor atmosphere and a terrific value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best!donnlindaDined on 2/26/2014Excellent food and atmosphere...service was exceptional! Happy to find this just a mile and a half from our condo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Old FavoriteHuckleberryDined on 2/20/2014We have been going to this restaurant when we stay on Kauai for the past two years. The food and service are outstanding. It is great for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's a reliably great place to go to when in Princville on Kauai!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerDeoDC1Dined on 2/14/2014Took my wife there for Valentine's Day dinner... it was cold and raining and had to be seated outside. Normally would be great if the weather cooperated ..... food was good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Dinner 2014DaveUVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had early reservations which turned out to be good fortune. There was a long line at 8pm when we left. 4 course pre-fix meal with 3 choices at each course. Wine pairing to match each choice for only$20 more - so $85pp was a deal here on Kauai's north shore. Service was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday BrunchRichardADined on 2/9/2014We enjoyed a Sunday Champagne Brunch at The Nanea Restaurant. It is the best option for Sunday brunch in the Princeville area. The food is about average, with a good selection of items for most palettes. Carved meats, an omelets station and several breakfast and lunch items are available. Seating is available both inside and on the patio. The patio is covered for times of uncertain weather. Service ws good and not at all rushed. Two of us enjoyed the brunch, with a couple of glasses of champagne for just $70.00, including tax. Outside seating seemed to be best as the noise level inside was a bit high. The outside seating has the sounds of the nearby waterfall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Four of us gourged on the OpakapakaMikeDSDined on 2/5/2014We had a great evening here - we all shared a whole fish, which was beautifully cooked and the chef came out and explained his work - made it really special. This is the best place to have a quality meal on the North Shore of Kauai.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good find in PrincevilleNataliakgDined on 2/4/2014There are not too many choices of good restaurants on North Shore Kauai and Nanea is great find for those who love good food. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, quality of the food was excellent. We will return to Nanea for sure and will spread the word around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At WestinOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/4/2014Located in the Westin. We sat outside which looks out over the pool. Love the gas tiki torches that light the way. Service was very nice and prompt. Food was okay. The price similar to the other restaurants in the the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- satisfactory at bestsladeVIPDined on 1/18/2014food is mediocre and did not meet my expectations for a resort like Westin. Food presentation was fusion Japanese/Hawaiian but taste was bland and not refined. The ahi poke with the wasabi shoyu sauce was satifactory. For those of you who can appreciate japanese flavors and subtleties, this was not even close with the breaded (katsu) mahi mahi overly breaded.Had to pick off the bread to get any taste of the fish. Overly sweet. Pass on the Westin hotel food and go into neighboring Hanalei and eat local fresh organic dishes
- Good food set in Paradise.PopeyeVIPDined on 1/18/2014Our service was very good and the food well prepared and tasty. Indoor and outdoor seating in a lovely Westin courtyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyDebbiDined on 1/17/2014Food was delicious and our server Alejandra was fantastic. Will go to this restaurant again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.