Nan Thai Fine Dining
1350 Spring Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
Nan Thai Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nanfinedining.com/
- Phone: 4048709933x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:; Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner:; Monday - Thurday: 5:30Pm - 10:00 Pm; Friday: 5:30 Pm - 11:00 Pm; Saturday: 5:00 Pm - 11:00 Pm; Sunday: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai
- Executive Chef: DeeDee Niyomkul
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Nan Thai Fine Dining
Recipient of the prestigious Four Diamond Award seven years in a row, Nan Thai Fine Dining is Thai food at it's finest. The grand style & service are reminiscent of the 40's & 50's. All elements of this restaurant bring excitement & the wonderful aromas of food preparation back into the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nan Thai Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
139 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)fit for foodies (80)romantic (77)good for groups (49)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (21)hot spot (17)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- dineoutoftenDined on 9/13/2014The food this visit did not match Nan's always beautiful space. While tasty, the appetizer platter seemed a bit too pre-cooked, not as fresh as I remembered. The bar also needs work; cocktails tasted a bit "off" and at top-bar prices should not have. Would I return to Nan, give it another chance? Yes, expecting improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest Thai I have ever had!SubsaharanTrendDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant really exceeded my expectations. The service was fantastic and the food, impeccable. Everything about this place exhudes authenticity and fine quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014My husband and I can always count on Nan's to take us away to a relaxing and delicious dinner, in a beautiful environment !Special Features:
- Fantastic food! Outstanding servicebaldtaterDined on 9/6/2014Great location and the food is out of this world. The service is also fantastic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- FabulousBeachrulesDined on 9/6/2014Inside decor is amazingly beautiful Food is amazing Service is top notch. NO negatives at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FooddivaDined on 9/5/2014The service at Nans was excellent , truly enjoyed my meal second time there and both times were great. Will return soon and will refer to other's. The ambiance is very nice. Great service!Special Features:
- SUPERB!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Food, service, drinks, ambiance... Need I say more!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will always love Nan!ScottinAtlantaVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food here is perfect everytime! So is the décor, the wait staff, and the overall experience. We love the Chau Moung dumplings to start a meal - kind of like Chinese Pot Stickers, but more beautiful and very much more tasty! I had the Lamb Chops and my guest had the Filet Mignon with a curry sauce. I have eaten at this restaurant for 10 years and I have never had anything less than a stupendous experience here!Special Features:
- NanStranjtripDined on 8/30/2014Nan is a perpetual winner for the Atlanta Metro area. The food is creative and the ingredients are very high quality. It compares very favorably to any restaurant of similar cuisine in NYC, SF, or LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedghunter725Dined on 8/27/2014I work close to Nan but had never been there until yesterday. I love Thai food so was looking forward to eating there. It was the worst experience of any restaurant that I have eaten at in my almost 20 years of living in Atlanta. The service was terrible. The server was not welcoming or friendly. The food was good but I've had comparable at other restaurants. I tried to disregard the terrible service and was leaving a 20% tip when the server came to my table and indicated that 20% was not enough. What audacity! She really should have been thankful that I was leaving anything for a tip with the bad service I received. Lesson learned. There are too many other Thai restaurants in the area with good service to waste my time going back to Nan.
- Nan Dining Experiencecritics4foodDined on 8/23/2014Great food, excellent wait staff. Ambience was inviting. The decor was incredibly creative and added to the dining experience. Try the Kung Yang Masaman!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Phenomenal.....had the lobster special that evening that was absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014Yet again the food was superb and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesRickVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always reliable for excellent food and quick service. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotCatherineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had lunch again at Nan. Curry dishes never disappoint. Always enjoy the food and the atmosphere. This time, however, it seemed they were short staffed. Took longer than usual and it was hard to flag down the waitress. But I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuisinetrieditDined on 8/15/2014The food was good, but you really do not know how to make a drink. They were very weak in taste.Special Features:
- Great Service!kt66Dined on 8/12/2014And if it's your birthday, they will give you a free chocolate mouse desert!Special Features:
- First Time Thai DiningMoniDined on 8/9/2014This was mine and my husband's first time dining in a fine dining Thai restaurant and it will definitely return. Food was good, service was great can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KbeattyDined on 8/8/2014I'm from New York and come to Atlanta once a year. This is a restaurant I can't wait to eat at! Definitely the best spot in Atlanta !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We got engaged and our server brought us champagne! It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai in ATLNanfanDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food and service! I have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. Be careful of the spice tray! it can get hot. It is my favorite business lunch spot and my clients and partners always want to come visit so they can eat here!Special Features:
- NativeATLnDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a big anniversary at Nan. Food, service, atmosphere was fantastic.Special Features:
- They had me at hello.amccullumDined on 8/1/2014From the time the front door opens, until the last bite, the experience was great! I will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experiencediningdovesDined on 7/26/2014We went for a dinner date to Nan Thai. This was our first dining experience there and we LOVED it. The food, the ambience, the table setting, the waiters all surpassed our expectation. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceBStarVIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been here several times. The food is always phenomenal, and the service is usually pretty good. This past time, however, the service was appalling. The hostess was rude, and our waiter was a ghost. We barely saw him all night. He didn't introduce himself, or offer any information about menu features. He just asked us, "do you know what you want yet?" He didn't even check on us so we could place a drink order. Hopefully Nan will soon return to its previous standard of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEOALDined on 7/17/2014A very excellent restaurant for a romantic night out. The service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceAlexVIPDined on 7/9/2014This place is very nice, great for groups or special occasions.
- NAN THAI FINE DININGLATAVOLADined on 7/7/2014Valet Parking, great!. Decor, Amazing! Service, Excellent!! Food, Outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever ConsistentAMC65Dined on 7/4/2014This is one of my favorite spots. We were celebrating our 27th anniversary and as always the food and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodkDubLADined on 6/29/2014but why must they sit everyone so close together? The place was almost empty (which is odd considering how terrific the food was) yet they put everyone close enough to one another that we could all hear each other's conversations. But that's my only complaint.. food and service definitely merits many return visitsSpecial Features:
- Never a bad mealJimUSAPEECDined on 6/27/2014Every time I visit Nan's, it another great experience...and I usually discover a new dish I didn't know I would enjoy so much. The chef's assortment of appetizers is always a hit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Thai place in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Well actually maybe the best Thai place in Atlanta, possibly even the Southeast. Everything is always very good, flavorful, and tasty.Special Features:
- High-end dining? Sadly lacking...time2dineDined on 6/23/2014Nan Thai supposedly simmers their Massaman chicken curry. The chicken was tough and the sauce watery. The server, upon checking with the Chef said that cooking the chicken in the sauce may overcook the chicken and result in tough- rather than tender- chicken. This was a lame excuse for a restaurant purporting to offer a high-end dining experience. Why not simmer your curry in a slow cooker to ensure the chicken is tender and use generous chunks of chicken rather than thin slices of chicken that equate to the thin-sliced, boiled chicken you get at the lower-end establishments? For $50, offering nothing more than 2 small entrees that were lacking, I would never give this establishment another try. Sorry, disappointed.Special Features:
- The best service in town!TitaDined on 6/21/2014I love to go to Nan for special occasions. It is the perfect place to celebrate. From the chef to the waitresses, they all take care of every possible detail to make the moment just perfect. They offer the best service in town!Special Features:
- New customerEnjoyThiafoodDined on 6/21/2014The evening at Nan Thai fine dining was very pleasant. My wife enjoys Thai food so I was looking for a good place to take her for her birthday. This was a great choice! Easy to find and valet parking made it a breeze to get in. Even though the dining area is a good size with a good number of people, it didn't feel too impersonal or loud. It was easy to have a quiet conversation. All the food was great from the appetizer to the desert. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodMonaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Get the appetizer platter. It's amazing and well worth it. The green and Red curry was awesome. Green was a little spicy but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJimPVIPDined on 6/16/2014The food, services, and ambiance are fantastic. More 4 Diamond awards that I could count.Special Features:
- Too much saltSeafooddelightDined on 6/14/2014I have dined at Nan Thai before but it had been a while. I certainly do not recall the heavy handed use of salt that was present in all the dishes ordered. For appetizer we had the calamari and shrimp and chicken dumplings and the dumplings were very salty. My main course was the special Lobster Tail with Scallops in Red Thai Curry Sauce and the Lobster though prepared well was very salty(as if the skin had be opened up and the lobster meat soaked in extra salt water for an extended period of time. The ambiance was nice as remembered and our waiter was good.Special Features:
- Lobster Special Not GoodJamesVIPDined on 6/14/2014Restaurant is beautiful, and the service is great. However, the Lobster special was really not very good. Too salty and too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014waitress was very a tentative and the lamb hung lay was really good. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.