Nan Thai Fine Dining
1350 Spring Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
Nan Thai Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nanfinedining.com/
- Phone: (404) 870-9933
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:; Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner:; Monday - Thurday: 5:30Pm - 10:00 Pm; Friday: 5:30 Pm - 11:00 Pm; Saturday: 5:00 Pm - 11:00 Pm; Sunday: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai
- Executive Chef: DeeDee Niyomkul
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Nan Thai Fine Dining
Recipient of the prestigious Four Diamond Award seven years in a row, Nan Thai Fine Dining is Thai food at it's finest. The grand style & service are reminiscent of the 40's & 50's. All elements of this restaurant bring excitement & the wonderful aromas of food preparation back into the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nan Thai Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
134 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (93)fit for foodies (84)romantic (68)good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (33)hot spot (27)great for lunch (24)notable wine list (15)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Very Niceyoungc1aDined on 11/22/2014Beautiful Thai décor. Cordial, knowledgeable, and attentive waitstaff. Quick service. Food, cocktails and wine were delicious. A nice splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodkyangDined on 11/14/2014Food portion was small for the price but it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai in AtlantaCherDined on 11/13/2014Nan Thai consistently delivers top quality food and plated with a beautiful presentation. I always enjoy my full restaurant experience when I dine here. I wish I lived close enough to eat here more often. Wonderful and friendly staff too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & DressImageDined on 11/7/2014This the third consequtive visit that I sense that the waitresses were not being helpful, but padding the bill by selling the menu. Because I consider the restaurant a special place, I dress up for the occassion, please consider reafirming jackets and no hats or jeans.Special Features:
- Overall great dinner experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Decent food the a hefty price. Mediocre service. Friendly smiles. Gorgeous decorating throughout the building. Loved the valet service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkayNoAccountingforTasteVIPDined on 11/7/2014We selected Nan for dinner before Amaluna at Atlantic Station. Upon arrival, the hostess was unable to find my Open Table reservation, but sat us right away. (This did cause a nasty-gram from Open Table regarding a missed resie, but was easily remediated). We ordered a version of a Moscow Mule and the Purple Orchid for drinks and the appetizer tower to start. The drinks were overly sweet, almost undrinkable. The appetizer tower was just okay for the price- the shrimp and the veggie egg rolls were my top choice. We ordered the basil beef tenderloin and the sea bass. The beef was served on some sort of fried egg omelet which was rubbery. The sea bass appeared to be deep fried, not flaky. No heat/spice. Cost $119. Not worth it for the price.
- Perfect finishesCouplesniteoutDined on 11/2/2014It's easy to spice something up and call it Thai food. Every appetizer was perfectly finished. The sauce for the braised beef was incredibly tasty.Special Features:
- ABSOLUTELY Love Nan!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/31/2014I've been to Nan maybe 4 of 5 times over the last year and love everything. The staff is very attentive to your needs and the ambiance is perfect for a romantic dinner or special event with a group. The background music plays at the right level to balance personal conversation and block out other sounds. Love the decor and lighting. The food is completely YUMMY - very elegant, yet tasty. Sometimes "foo-foo" food simply lacks flavor and seasining, but not Nan. I would (and have) highly recommend Nan!Special Features:
- Love Nan!CarolynCDined on 10/30/2014Me and my boyfriend love Nan! I took him for his birthday and as usual it was awesome. Niki was our waitress and she was great! We always come for our special occasions. Until next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Run of the mill ThaiJonYosiDined on 10/28/2014Food no better than any other strip-mall Thai restaurant, served in somewhat sterile upscale setting (and upscale prices)
- ReviewFigtreeDined on 10/25/2014We go to Nan every year for my wife's birthday and we are never disappointed. The food is great, the service is gracious.Special Features:
- AnneVIPDined on 10/25/2014As always, delicious! Great service and ambiance.Special Features:
- SuprisedDinerDined on 10/25/2014We had been there before and had a great time, but this time was different. Service was horrible and it was not overly busy. Appetizers were great but some entrees were over done in sauce and waitress was not very helpful in selections.Special Features:
- service makes all the differenceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/20/2014Usually one of our favorite restaurants but the service tonight was so poor that it overshadowed the good food and ambiance. Our server was beautiful and mannerly but was out of sight most of the evening.
- World-Class Treasure!SensationSeekerDined on 10/20/2014Were this world-class restaurant in LA or NYC or Paris, there would be a 6-month wait to dine at Nan's Thai Fine Dining. It's no secret that Bangkok hosts more 5-Star hospitality than any other city in the world. The best of Asia and Europe. Textured, layered, taste within taste. Sensual setting. The cocoanut soup was delicate; the crisp, succulent spring rolls and Kanom Jeeb dumplings each worthy of celebration; and Siam Chicken and curry dishes as grand as we remembered. For the first time in hundreds of trips to Nan's, I had to ask for a refill of my drink. This is the first time my need wasn't anticipated. Charlie and Nan were in Thailand this time, so a slight imperfection is understandable. But they'll be back--and so shall we!Special Features:
- Great ThaiStevieVIPDined on 10/18/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Atlanta. Very upscale and great Thai food. The service is outstanding. Very accommodative. The restaurant has a very trendy feel and reminds me of some trendy NYC restaurants. I always visit Nan when I'm in Atlanta. And the food - very original dishes. Not your typical Thai restaurant. The sauces are wonderful - very tasty. My filet mignon dish had this great hot curry sauce. Yum yum. I ate all the brown rice because of the sauce. I really should not have eaten the rice because I'm on another diet, but I couldn't stop my self. Nan is a winner in my book.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PERSNICKITYPERSNICKITYDined on 10/18/2014A gem of a restaurant. Interesting Asian fusion menu. Thai dishes could have been spicier, but that is a personal preference. Nice drink list.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceFoodieAtHeartDined on 10/12/2014This was only my second time eating Thai food, and I was greatly satisfied with everything. The masaman curry was outstanding!...Although a little pricey, I will definitely add Nans to my best restaurants list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.brianreynoldsVIPDined on 10/10/2014you go there and it is always good. they accommodate you for any high maintenance needs or changes in dishes. The Sea Bass is great every time. The Whole snapper was a little dry , but still great. The fried Eggplant is awesome. The eggrolls are great.Special Features:
- Just as Excellent as Beforeluv2eatthaiDined on 10/1/2014It had been some time since my husband and I visited Nan. He took me back for birthday celebration. The food was outstanding. I had the Shank and he had the fried red snapper. Took my mom and dad for the first time and they really enjoyed the food. The wine and desserts were very good and I can certainly sw I will return sooner than before.Special Features:
- Romantic gemHoneyCrystalDVIPDined on 9/27/2014Very attentive staff and great food. Very enjoyable atmosphere and ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dineoutoftenDined on 9/13/2014The food this visit did not match Nan's always beautiful space. While tasty, the appetizer platter seemed a bit too pre-cooked, not as fresh as I remembered. The bar also needs work; cocktails tasted a bit "off" and at top-bar prices should not have. Would I return to Nan, give it another chance? Yes, expecting improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finest Thai I have ever had!SubsaharanTrendDined on 9/12/2014This restaurant really exceeded my expectations. The service was fantastic and the food, impeccable. Everything about this place exhudes authenticity and fine quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/7/2014My husband and I can always count on Nan's to take us away to a relaxing and delicious dinner, in a beautiful environment !Special Features:
- Absolutely beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014I love this place! My husband took me here for my birthday this was my third visit I hooked after my first visit. The food as always was amazing and they gave chocolate mousse for my birthday.Special Features:
- Fantastic food! Outstanding servicebaldtaterDined on 9/6/2014Great location and the food is out of this world. The service is also fantastic. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- FabulousBeachrulesDined on 9/6/2014Inside decor is amazingly beautiful Food is amazing Service is top notch. NO negatives at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FooddivaDined on 9/5/2014The service at Nans was excellent , truly enjoyed my meal second time there and both times were great. Will return soon and will refer to other's. The ambiance is very nice. Great service!Special Features:
- SUPERB!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/5/2014Food, service, drinks, ambiance... Need I say more!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will always love Nan!ScottinAtlantaVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food here is perfect everytime! So is the décor, the wait staff, and the overall experience. We love the Chau Moung dumplings to start a meal - kind of like Chinese Pot Stickers, but more beautiful and very much more tasty! I had the Lamb Chops and my guest had the Filet Mignon with a curry sauce. I have eaten at this restaurant for 10 years and I have never had anything less than a stupendous experience here!Special Features:
- NanStranjtripDined on 8/30/2014Nan is a perpetual winner for the Atlanta Metro area. The food is creative and the ingredients are very high quality. It compares very favorably to any restaurant of similar cuisine in NYC, SF, or LA.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedghunter725Dined on 8/27/2014I work close to Nan but had never been there until yesterday. I love Thai food so was looking forward to eating there. It was the worst experience of any restaurant that I have eaten at in my almost 20 years of living in Atlanta. The service was terrible. The server was not welcoming or friendly. The food was good but I've had comparable at other restaurants. I tried to disregard the terrible service and was leaving a 20% tip when the server came to my table and indicated that 20% was not enough. What audacity! She really should have been thankful that I was leaving anything for a tip with the bad service I received. Lesson learned. There are too many other Thai restaurants in the area with good service to waste my time going back to Nan.
- Nan Dining Experiencecritics4foodDined on 8/23/2014Great food, excellent wait staff. Ambience was inviting. The decor was incredibly creative and added to the dining experience. Try the Kung Yang Masaman!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Phenomenal.....had the lobster special that evening that was absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014Yet again the food was superb and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesRickVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always reliable for excellent food and quick service. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotCatherineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had lunch again at Nan. Curry dishes never disappoint. Always enjoy the food and the atmosphere. This time, however, it seemed they were short staffed. Took longer than usual and it was hard to flag down the waitress. But I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuisinetrieditDined on 8/15/2014The food was good, but you really do not know how to make a drink. They were very weak in taste.Special Features:
- Great Service!kt66Dined on 8/12/2014And if it's your birthday, they will give you a free chocolate mouse desert!Special Features:
- First Time Thai DiningMoniDined on 8/9/2014This was mine and my husband's first time dining in a fine dining Thai restaurant and it will definitely return. Food was good, service was great can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.