Nan Thai Fine Dining
1350 Spring Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30309Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
Nan Thai Fine Dining
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.nanfinedining.com/
- Phone: 4048709933x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:; Monday - Friday: 11:30 Am - 2:30 Pm; Dinner:; Monday - Thurday: 5:30Pm - 10:00 Pm; Friday: 5:30 Pm - 11:00 Pm; Saturday: 5:00 Pm - 11:00 Pm; Sunday: 5:00 Pm - 10:00 Pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Thai
- Executive Chef: DeeDee Niyomkul
- Dress Code: Jacket Preferred
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call for details.
A word from Nan Thai Fine Dining
Recipient of the prestigious Four Diamond Award seven years in a row, Nan Thai Fine Dining is Thai food at it's finest. The grand style & service are reminiscent of the 40's & 50's. All elements of this restaurant bring excitement & the wonderful aromas of food preparation back into the dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
Nan Thai Fine Dining - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Nan Thai Fine Dining reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (102)romantic (84)fit for foodies (81)good for groups (48)neighborhood gem (34)great for lunch (23)hot spot (18)notable wine list (14)scenic view (6)vibrant bar scene (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Phenomenal.....had the lobster special that evening that was absolutely amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/23/2014Yet again the food was superb and the service was friendly and efficient.Special Features:
- Fit for FoodiesRickVIPDined on 8/21/2014Always reliable for excellent food and quick service. Pricey but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch spotCatherineVIPDined on 8/18/2014Had lunch again at Nan. Curry dishes never disappoint. Always enjoy the food and the atmosphere. This time, however, it seemed they were short staffed. Took longer than usual and it was hard to flag down the waitress. But I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014The food was good, but you really do not know how to make a drink. They were very weak in taste.Special Features:
- Great Service!kt66Dined on 8/12/2014And if it's your birthday, they will give you a free chocolate mouse desert!Special Features:
- First Time Thai DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/9/2014This was mine and my husband's first time dining in a fine dining Thai restaurant and it will definitely return. Food was good, service was great can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KbeattyDined on 8/8/2014I'm from New York and come to Atlanta once a year. This is a restaurant I can't wait to eat at! Definitely the best spot in Atlanta !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a perfect evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014We got engaged and our server brought us champagne! It was a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai in ATLNanfanDined on 8/6/2014Excellent food and service! I have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. Be careful of the spice tray! it can get hot. It is my favorite business lunch spot and my clients and partners always want to come visit so they can eat here!Special Features:
- NativeATLnDined on 8/2/2014We celebrated a big anniversary at Nan. Food, service, atmosphere was fantastic.Special Features:
- They had me at hello.amccullumDined on 8/1/2014From the time the front door opens, until the last bite, the experience was great! I will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful experiencediningdovesDined on 7/26/2014We went for a dinner date to Nan Thai. This was our first dining experience there and we LOVED it. The food, the ambience, the table setting, the waiters all surpassed our expectation. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food, terrible serviceBStarVIPDined on 7/19/2014I've been here several times. The food is always phenomenal, and the service is usually pretty good. This past time, however, the service was appalling. The hostess was rude, and our waiter was a ghost. We barely saw him all night. He didn't introduce himself, or offer any information about menu features. He just asked us, "do you know what you want yet?" He didn't even check on us so we could place a drink order. Hopefully Nan will soon return to its previous standard of service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantEOALDined on 7/17/2014A very excellent restaurant for a romantic night out. The service and food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceAlexVIPDined on 7/9/2014This place is very nice, great for groups or special occasions.
- NAN THAI FINE DININGLATAVOLADined on 7/7/2014Valet Parking, great!. Decor, Amazing! Service, Excellent!! Food, Outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forever ConsistentAMC65Dined on 7/4/2014This is one of my favorite spots. We were celebrating our 27th anniversary and as always the food and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodkDubLADined on 6/29/2014but why must they sit everyone so close together? The place was almost empty (which is odd considering how terrific the food was) yet they put everyone close enough to one another that we could all hear each other's conversations. But that's my only complaint.. food and service definitely merits many return visitsSpecial Features:
- Never a bad mealJimUSAPEECDined on 6/27/2014Every time I visit Nan's, it another great experience...and I usually discover a new dish I didn't know I would enjoy so much. The chef's assortment of appetizers is always a hit...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Thai place in ATLOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/24/2014Well actually maybe the best Thai place in Atlanta, possibly even the Southeast. Everything is always very good, flavorful, and tasty.Special Features:
- High-end dining? Sadly lacking...time2dineDined on 6/23/2014Nan Thai supposedly simmers their Massaman chicken curry. The chicken was tough and the sauce watery. The server, upon checking with the Chef said that cooking the chicken in the sauce may overcook the chicken and result in tough- rather than tender- chicken. This was a lame excuse for a restaurant purporting to offer a high-end dining experience. Why not simmer your curry in a slow cooker to ensure the chicken is tender and use generous chunks of chicken rather than thin slices of chicken that equate to the thin-sliced, boiled chicken you get at the lower-end establishments? For $50, offering nothing more than 2 small entrees that were lacking, I would never give this establishment another try. Sorry, disappointed.Special Features:
- The best service in town!TitaDined on 6/21/2014I love to go to Nan for special occasions. It is the perfect place to celebrate. From the chef to the waitresses, they all take care of every possible detail to make the moment just perfect. They offer the best service in town!Special Features:
- New customerEnjoyThiafoodDined on 6/21/2014The evening at Nan Thai fine dining was very pleasant. My wife enjoys Thai food so I was looking for a good place to take her for her birthday. This was a great choice! Easy to find and valet parking made it a breeze to get in. Even though the dining area is a good size with a good number of people, it didn't feel too impersonal or loud. It was easy to have a quiet conversation. All the food was great from the appetizer to the desert. We will certainly be going back.Special Features:
- Great foodMonaVIPDined on 6/19/2014Get the appetizer platter. It's amazing and well worth it. The green and Red curry was awesome. Green was a little spicy but tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJimPVIPDined on 6/16/2014The food, services, and ambiance are fantastic. More 4 Diamond awards that I could count.Special Features:
- Too much saltSeafooddelightDined on 6/14/2014I have dined at Nan Thai before but it had been a while. I certainly do not recall the heavy handed use of salt that was present in all the dishes ordered. For appetizer we had the calamari and shrimp and chicken dumplings and the dumplings were very salty. My main course was the special Lobster Tail with Scallops in Red Thai Curry Sauce and the Lobster though prepared well was very salty(as if the skin had be opened up and the lobster meat soaked in extra salt water for an extended period of time. The ambiance was nice as remembered and our waiter was good.Special Features:
- Lobster Special Not GoodJamesVIPDined on 6/14/2014Restaurant is beautiful, and the service is great. However, the Lobster special was really not very good. Too salty and too spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/14/2014waitress was very a tentative and the lamb hung lay was really good. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good not GreatluvfoodDined on 6/12/2014The service and the atmosphere were great. My wife and I ordered the sampler appetizer which was also great. She ordered the special which was a crispy fried snapper, which she really liked, particularly the sauce; the portion was more than adequate. I ordered the Kung Yang Masaman and here is where it fell off a bit. The star of the dish was supposed to be the prawns and they were a little over-cooked (they did not have that "crispy" firmness when you bite into them). The scallops were a bit mushy. The mussels were great as was the calamari (thought there wasn't much of it). The curry sauce was excellent but there was just too much of it; my rice was drenched rather than sitting in the sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre symphony diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/7/2014Four of us ate at Nan's Saturday night before attending the ASO. The service was wonderful, and the food as well. My friend had the larb, and declared it the best she had ever eaten. We ate early, so noise wasn't a problem at alll; the restaurant was nearly full by the time we left at 7:15.Special Features:
- A hiccup I hope will be correctedKC404Dined on 6/6/2014We dine at Nan occasionally and have always had an excellent experience, so our last visit was the exception. There was a noticeable lack of attention to a small but important detail: service. We hope it returns to a higher level of both service and quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being SeatedLuv2dine2Dined on 6/6/2014My party and I had to wait until 1/2 of us arrived to be seated. Once everyone did arrive it took over 15 mins for them to seat us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New CustomerAtlFoodLvrDined on 6/6/2014This was my first time eating at Nan and I found the food to be really good. My wife and I shared the lamb and pork plates. I thought they were both excellent dishes, with the perfect amount of spices. The restaurant is beautiful and the atmosphere is enjoyable. The wait staff was perfect. They were always responsive to our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nan Thai makes us happy diners!doublegDined on 6/6/2014Once again, we made the trek to the ATL for dinner at Nan Thai, and once again, we were served well, we ate well, and we once again left happy. This time we introduced friends to the Nan dining experience. They were unsure of the menu - we expressed our favorites, but they made their own choices - and discovered the friendliness of the Nan staff, and the recommendations they suggested. The only downside to the entire experience was a tardiness in taking cocktail orders, however the staff recovered well, exhibiting nice timing, response, and overall service. As we always do, we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/4/2014I entertain often at Nan over luncheons. Always impressed with the quality of the fare. Reception warm and efficient.Special Features:
- great lunch, but....fanOfNanDined on 6/3/2014an app and two entrees - just water to drink - was over $70.00 with tip. And was charged $4.00 for substituting brown rice for white rice! unless you have a very special - and important - lunch meeting, i'd suggest one of nan and charlie's other restaurants, either Tamarind or Tuk Tuk. They have exceptional food, too (maybe even the same), at a significantly reduced cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thai fine dining says it all!MangetoutDined on 6/2/2014Friendly attentive staff, good menu and high quality food. Great for a special event, a business dinner, or a fun time with friends.Special Features:
- We put it on our top 5 resturantsLuvDiningOutWithMyHubbyDined on 5/31/2014I love Nan Thai!!! I had the beef tips and they were exceptional. My husband kept laughing at me because with every bite that I took of my meal all I could do was moan and do my happy dance in my seat..lol..Every bite was succulent, juicy and tender. The flavor was so rich with the hint of coconut milk and the sweetness of the curry sauce that it was in. The pumpkin red curry rice was an excellent compliment, just talking about it has my mouth watering for more. My husband and I were celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary and we were discussing 5 spots that we want to frequent on a regular basis and Nan made the list. We will definitely be back for more! Well done Nan!!Special Features:
- WonderfulDying2FineDineDined on 5/31/2014One of the best dining experiences Ive had since moving to Atlanta....See you againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.