Nan and Byron's
1714 South Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nan and Byron's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nanandbyrons.com/
- Phone: 9802247492x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch- Monday through Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner- All Week: 5:00pm - until
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: Main Dining Room: Seats a maximum of 60 guests
Bar Room: Seats a maximum of 30 guests
The Study: Seats up to 12 guests
Large Patio: Seats up to 40 guests
Small Patio: Seats up to 14 guests
- Private Party Contact: Mandi Matthews 7049191322x
A word from Nan and Byron's
Nan and Byron's, located in Historic South End, is a family friendly restaurant focusing on Traditional American food with an emphasis on specialty crafted cocktails, alongside a vibrant bar scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nan and Byron's reviews from OpenTable diners
222 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (129)fit for foodies (102)great for outdoor dining (97)good for groups (77)great for lunch (70)hot spot (67)special occasion (53)great for brunch (51)vibrant bar scene (51)kid-friendly (49)romantic (39)late-night find (28)notable wine list (14)scenic view (9)Show More
- Great food, very loudDCCarolinianDined on 9/12/2014I chose this restaurant on the strength of Yelp comments. The food was very good- the descriptions are very simple and the ingredients are innovative. I absolutely loved the cocktails I had- both bourbon based and both packed with flavor. The service was good, though it was sometimes hard to communicate because the restaurant is insanely loud. I was catching up with friends I had not seen in over a year and could not hear most of what was said. While the decor is beautiful, the materials they chose probably amplify sound more than absorb it.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for Southend!Food70Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was great! Liked the popcorn at the beginning and our server, Forrest was great.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Everytime I've been to Nan and Byron's the food and the service have been top notch. The servers are very knowledgable and are excited by the menu. If you go with a group, it can be tough to have a conversation with more than one or two people as the restaurant gets pretty noisy. Other than that, I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone and look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful First VisitfoodiebeeDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriends and I had a get together on Saturday evening and we enjoyed the restaurant tremendously. The food and drinks were excellent and our servers were very attentive. The manager even assisted with taking our pictures!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Had a grilled chicken sandwich - very dry. Also, didn't check my reservation in - causing me to have to explain to Open Table.
- 1/2 Off Wine on TuesdaysARL2017Dined on 8/26/2014Went here for Girls Night on Tuesday after finding out they had half off glasses and bottles of wine. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. The crispy beet burger is my favorite!Special Features:
- Great!!!BillKDined on 8/26/2014We arrived for our reservation and asked to sit outside. No outside tables were available so they set up a new table outside for us. Our service was excellent and the food was fantastic. I will absolutely be back and will be bringing my friends.Special Features:
- Fun dinner!GigiVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner with friends who were visiting and decided on Nan & Byron's because it seemed to be "kid friendly" (we had a 9 and 12 year old in our party). The kids had a great time as did the adults. It was very busy and quite loud, but in a good way. The menu is eclectic and varied...and since we had a vegetarian in the group, the options on the menu worked out perfectly. The food was really good..except my one observation is that everything seemed a bit salty to everyone (including the kids who remarked on it!). Granted, we don't cook with salt or use salt on our food, so we may not be the norm, but I prefer to be able to adjust the level of saltiness on my food. Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:
- Great time with friends!NicPhDDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the food here and it's a great spot to have a few drinks and catch up with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LAHASDINEDined on 8/21/2014I met a group of my girlfriends for dinner this week. The food was wonderful, drinks were outstanding. Our waitress was very friendly but by the time the bill came, she completely messed it up. Had to void our cards, run again and then they were still wrong. It was fine the first time, but after a few mistakes it got a little frustrating. Maybe they are still working out a few things?Special Features:
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Music was ok but too loud...made the restaurant seem very noisy even though it was not crowded. Would suggest no music or at a very low volume . Had the beet burger..different but good, reminded me of fried green tomatoes,but a sweet taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos taste like an old shoeScorox70Dined on 8/16/2014I have never posted a complaint online about a restaurant but we decided to try something new for our ten year anniversary and the food at this place was just disgusting. The tacos were doused in so much cumin they literally tasted of old shoes. My husbands burger was so charred he almost broke a tooth biting into it. Waste of $50! The service was good but too bad you can't eat the service !
- Neighorhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014This restaurant is a great find in South End. Stopped in for late dinner and cocktails at the bar. Staff very friendly and helpful. Cocktails outstanding and plenty of choices for all walks of life. Food is delicious! Can't wait to go back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu was a delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We tried the filet mignon and salmon dishes. Both were delicious! We normally don't like white wine but tried the new wine that came in a cardboard sleeve called the Paperboy and it was a fantastic chardonnay. Cool packaging. Can't wait to bring our out of town friends to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Gerat VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Great vibe in the evening, servers were friendly and helpful with menu selections. Entrees were delicious, portions filling and flavors well rounded. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Attentive Servicenat523VIPDined on 8/8/2014Took my visiting parents last Friday night for dinner. I have already take them to 5Church, which they loved, so I thought Nan and Byron's was something they needed to try. It was another great meal with excellent service, as usual. We started with the smoked poblano dip and deviled eggs. The dip is something I get every time I come, and it is so addicting. Deviled eggs were good too, liked the slight hint of truffle oil. Entrees ordered this time around included the meatloaf, salmon, tofu, and cobb salad, which was a nice dinner-sized portion. Rave reviews all around for the food and service. Great cocktails, too! Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great for brunch....LZGirlCharlotteDined on 8/3/2014They do have a brunch buffet. But it is $21. And they don't have a wide selection if you don't want the buffet. They only have egg selections. And I can't eat eggs...so I opted for a burger without the egg.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchPennymackDined on 8/3/2014I needed to find a brunch spot close to my friends hotel and the airport. We didn't want to eat at a hotel but nothing seemed to open before 11am. I found Nan and Byron's online and decided to give it a shot. The decor is cute, the food is fabulous and the wait staff was very courteous. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingtfossumDined on 7/31/2014Nice place to meet some people for lunch and menu has god variety of foods and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014My friends from work and I celebrated my birthday this week and I chose N&B because the diversity of the menu allowed for a couple of special diet folks to eat and have several options - menu offers a lighter fare but with rich flavors - excellently prepared. I have eaten brunch here too and my husband and I absolutely loved it. Would drive from Concord again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentSylethDined on 7/27/2014Appetizers were all very good (4 of us dined there), and deserts were good. All 4 main courses ranged from decidedly average (meatloaf) to inedible (tofu).Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Excellent food and atmosphere. Food was amazing and the service was great. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has potentialOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Having examined the Charlotte Restaurant Week Menu, I was somewhat disappointed that the $30 menu did not reflect what was in the paper. I live two hours from Charlotte and drive in often to eat. Next winter when the menu is published, I hope the menu here reflects what will be offered. I found the food which I ordered and received was very good. My wife was well pleased with her large salad. I will return and dine here. I think it will be a lunch meal instead of evening meal. I think this establishment will survive in the tough Charlotte market.Special Features:
- great girls night outpickymikiDined on 7/26/2014Took advantage of Queens' Feast. Nice assortment of appetizers and entree's and desserts to choose from plus one complimentary beverage Requested the rib eye cooked medium rare leaning more toward rare...it was perfect. Loved the salmon served w/crispy kale. The fish was so moist and the kale's crispy texture was a nice change. The hush puppies with herb butter delish! The deviled eggs and shrimp are worth a try too. It was very busy so we didn't get as attentive service as we would have liked but we were not ignored. It was understandable considering how busy they were. I will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great transformation!MelimelDined on 7/26/2014Sitting outside was nice, but the humidity level was ridiculous which it is not the restaurant's fault, but the lack of iced water was. Music choice was excellent. Can't wait to next year...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014All I have to say is that I found the food to be very bland. Green beans tasted like all they were was blanched and put on the plate, mashed potatoes also bland, if the filet did not have onions and a bit of gravy that would have been bland also. Popcorn on the table, cute, but also should have been jazzed up a bit.Special Features:
- Oo143Dined on 7/26/2014Food was just ok not outstanding. Glad we ordered from special menus and pricing. Maybe would go back but not rush back.Special Features:
- Casual Dining at its BestGreergirlDined on 7/26/2014The cool ambience - mash up of contemporary design with comfy touches was great. The speedy, friendly-but-not-hovering service was perfect. But reason to come back and back and back is the quality of the food. Comfort food with gourmet twist is how I would describe it. The best of traditional meatloaf but with a tart-tangy tomato sauce and Yukon gold potatoes. The tofu is awesome. Deserts knock it out of park. The brownie is kind of a mix of a traditional brownie and flourless chocolate cake with a crisp crust. The strawberry shortcake with a touch of cornmeal in the shortcake gives it a great texture. Then, the signature cocktails. Ahhhhhh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSgunzenDined on 7/25/2014We went for restaurant week and had a good meal with great service. It was crowded, but the staff mase sure we were well taken care of. I have been for lunch and dinner and both experiences were very good. We recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewlisaVIPDined on 7/25/2014The only negative was running out of specific wine. I realize it was the end if Queens Feast, so totally understand. We had a birthday party. Service was great, and very good experience. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Matthewspartyof4Dined on 7/25/2014Went for Queen's Feast. Selections were great. Our server, Sara, was very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencefoodyhippyDined on 7/25/2014We went to Nan and Byron's on a recommendation from a friend. Our waiter was very friendly and the food delicious with perfect portion sizes. I would recommend the meat loaf. It was topped with spicy ketchup and was served with mashed potatoes and peas and carrots. I don't normally like cooked carrots but these were really good with just enough crunch that made the veg very enjoyable. I was a little disappointed in the deviled eggs. The flavor was good but I felt like something was missing. The hush puppies were to die for. We will definitely be back to Nan and Byron's.Special Features:
- Will try again after Rest. WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Tried for Restaurant Week and the food was OK. I wasn't dazzled by it as it seemed to have been re-heated due to the amount of food they planned on serving on a busy Friday evening. I will definitely give them another chance on a 'normal' occasion to see if it's better!Special Features:
- Just averageIveybellaDined on 7/25/2014We have been participating during Restaurant week for years. We have never felt so rushed before! We were in and out in 35 min. All 3 courses! The food was not even warm. This restaurant needs a few more restaurant weeks under their belt to get the hang of it. We might go back for drinks, but NEVER again for Restaurant week! Extremely noisy, and just so so food....Special Features:
- LarkingDined on 7/24/2014We were not impressed, we were greeted by a young girl who acted like we did not have reservations (which we did) and she tried to seat us at two different tables that were the two worst positioned tables in the restaurant. Our server was nice but not attentive. We will not be going back.
- Complete satisfaction!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014We were completely satisfied with our food, the service and the atmosphere! This place is a must to check out!! You won't be disappointed! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nan and ByronsMIAwaiterDaveDined on 7/23/2014I've eaten here before and I've had great experiences. In fact, the reason for my recent visit was because my last experience at Nan's during restaurant week was astounding. This visit was the complete opposite of that. They were late seating us for our RSVP (they gave us a free round to make up for it, so that was great!). Our server ignored us for the entire dinner. He took half drink orders, he showed up whenever, and others ran his food. He was not busy (we did have a great older gentleman who pitched in. He was fantastic. I wish he was our server.) The popcorn served was stale. The menu was truncated, yet their whole menu on the restaurant week site. The courses came and the reviews were mixed. It was very poor for spending $250+.Special Features:
- AWESOMEmvangDined on 7/23/2014This was my first time and I can say I love it. The food was delicious and it was just the right portion. I love the atmosphere and the staffs are very friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking for good food and a good place to socialize.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ChoiceMarnateDined on 7/23/2014Wonderful experience. Our server, Kevin, was awesome. Really appreciate a beverage being offered during Queen's Feast. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Great choice! Fantastic food, especially the pepper poppers, beef tenderloin, and the strawberry shortcake. Service was great, and the setting really interesting with good ambience. Highly recommend, and although we did not have children with us, I think taking well behaved children would not be a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.