Nan and Byron's
1714 South Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Nan and Byron's
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nanandbyrons.com/
- Phone: 9802247492x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch- Saturday and Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch- Monday through Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner- All Week: 5:00pm - until
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Jamie Lynch
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room
A word from Nan and Byron's
Nan and Byron's, located in Historic South End, focuses on Traditional American food with an emphasis on specialty crafted cocktails, alongside a vibrant bar scene.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nan and Byron's reviews from OpenTable diners
211 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (113)fit for foodies (95)great for outdoor dining (80)good for groups (73)hot spot (59)great for lunch (56)special occasion (45)vibrant bar scene (44)great for brunch (39)romantic (32)kid-friendly (29)late-night find (26)notable wine list (16)scenic view (5)Show More
- Great spot...very enjoyable meallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014Excellent spot with energetic atmosphere. Food was great and Tuesday 1/2 price wine night....excellent find for a frequent visitor to CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!KennyDined on 10/21/2014Wonderful menu - loved the meatloaf sandwich and popcorn on the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beet BurgerBelialDined on 10/19/2014We came during brunch on Sunday wanting to try the famed Beet Burger, only during brunch all they serve is, well, brunch. HOWEVER, after asking about the beet burger and seeing how excited we were, our waiter snuck off to the kitchen to see it it were possible to cook up 2 special order beet burgers (we didn't ask for this either). We were very excited when she came back to inform us that the chef would make 2 beet burgers for us, but not to tell anyone :) The food was excellent, the service was amazing, and the atmosphere couldn't have been better. 10/10Special Features:
- Sunday Brunch is goodBruceDined on 10/19/2014My wife and my daughter and I gave N&B's a try for the Sunday Brunch buffet. Nice selection with a few of the usual items - scrambled eggs, sausage links, bacon, biscuits, grits - and a few that were a bit more unusual including a huge tray of oysters, large shrimp, meatloaf squares and a good few things made with sweet potatoes. I particularly enjoyed the shrimp (with a New Orleans remoulade, but would have preferred a classic cocktail sauce) and the sweet potato au gratin. Sliced salmon was good too, but I didn't really feel like waiting for the toaster to toast. Service was okay with a waiter who refilled Diet Coke often but coffee not as much. Maybe disappointed that we didn't go all in for the refillable mimosas or bloody marys?
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/18/2014The service and food were outstanding. Very noisy and hard to carry on a conversation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RuPriceVIPDined on 10/18/2014I ordered the deviled eggs and pan roasted chicken, my husband ordered the meatloaf. The chicken came out extremely dry and lacking any flavor therefore ended up not eating it all. The manager did a great job of addressing and removed the plate from our ticket.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/17/2014They should really reprint their menu because everything I inquired about had a key ingredient change. Service was extremely slow and there were barely any customers - don't know what that was about.
- Hits the SpotAudreyStarkDined on 10/16/2014Decided to try Nan and Byron's after hearing about the new menu options, have been in the past and loved the food. As suspected, the new menu did not disappoint. Had the new Tuna with Tofu, wow! This place does tofu the right way, with wasabi encrusted peas and the tuna on top. This hit the spot! Also tried the scallops with sweet potatoes, and couldn't get enough. The scallops were cooked perfectly and the sweet potatos with the Brussel sprouts on the side were a perfect combination. Both plates were practically licked clean. Happy to see new steaks and chops added to the menu also, have to return to try more new items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The food was wonderful, and the service was excellent. The tomato soup with the crab grilled cheese is my favorite lunch meal. Nan and Byrons will absolutely be my new lunch spot! My coworkers and I have already made reservations for next week! Cant wait to go backSpecial Features:
- Just OKmpcpaDined on 10/10/2014Our visit to Nan and Byron's was just OK. The service was amazing but the food and ambiance left a lot to be desired. I don't think we will be returning.
- first time herefamoffiveVIPDined on 10/4/2014Met up with some old friends for a Sat night dinner. Wonderful ambience as we sat outside with the heaters glowing, so noise level was not overwhelming. Our server was helpful without being pesky. I had the beet burger after reading food reviews on Urban Spoon. It did not disappoint. The bartender was also helpful with the wine selection. Will be back!Special Features:
- Excellent FoodtpovinelliDined on 10/2/2014I was totally surprised on how great the food was. You could tell it was quality ingredients!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try the Crispy Beet Sandwich!2todineDined on 9/30/2014Went for lunch with friends from Atlanta. Neat decor and great food, especially the. Risky Beet Sandwich!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodTotalFoodieDined on 9/27/2014I love the hush puppies, and the classic burger! A little loud, but the service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Overpriced- not great food.LoveGR8FoodDined on 9/27/2014Great atmosphere and vibe. However, I have eaten here twice for dinner and both times was very disappointed. The first time, I had the salad, with dry chicken. The tomato soup was WAY TOO salty and tasted like tomato paste. The meatloaf was not very good and left a very "heavy" feeling on your stomach at the end of the night. The wine pours were minimal and the waitress took my wine glass away with wine in it before even asking if I was through. This restaurant has such great atmosphere and ambiance. Great for big parties and special occasions, but due to the sub par food and stingy wine pours I will not be returning. Shame.Special Features:
- Good Food but very NoisytratruDined on 9/26/2014Great menu selection, food was very good, nice decor, and service was excellent. Fun spot to dine. Only two negative comments here. It was SOO loud in the dining area, we had to shout to speak with each other. I wish we would have chosen to eat in the bar which seemed much quieter (at 8pm) on a Saturday evening. There's a patio which was also quieter, but needs some ambiance/character. That orange safety light is kind of pitiful. How about some potted plants with some twinkle lights to soften the area up a bit? I'd definitely go back again because the food and service was excellent, but would probably eat in the bar.Special Features:
- Noise Bump Noise BumpqcfoodiegpDined on 9/26/2014N&B's would be fine on a Friday night for a group of friends, but for date night with my wife the noise level makes it unsuitable. No fun shouting across a small table. Our seating was in the middle of the dining room and both my wife and I were bumped/jostled more than once by the busy waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really over ratedNccarguyVIPDined on 9/26/2014Server was very good but spent the meal pushing more drinks, more apps and desert. Very rehearsed and obviously part of the training. Got irritating after awhile. Food sounded great....was just ok. Would not return, too many other choices in Charlotte
- OverratedCheleDined on 9/25/2014The setting was acceptable the parking virtually non existent. Maybe the cocktails are better. The give you popcorn instead of bread which is different yet no toothpicks you know how popcorn can stay with you long after the last kernel. The braised kale was gritty suggesting they didn't rinse the leaves I had the salmon which was dry and a side of Mac n cheese which tasted of more processed and less than the suggested ingredients.
- Great food, very loudDCCarolinianDined on 9/12/2014I chose this restaurant on the strength of Yelp comments. The food was very good- the descriptions are very simple and the ingredients are innovative. I absolutely loved the cocktails I had- both bourbon based and both packed with flavor. The service was good, though it was sometimes hard to communicate because the restaurant is insanely loud. I was catching up with friends I had not seen in over a year and could not hear most of what was said. While the decor is beautiful, the materials they chose probably amplify sound more than absorb it.Special Features:
- Great restaurant for Southend!Food70Dined on 9/12/2014Everything was great! Liked the popcorn at the beginning and our server, Forrest was great.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2014Everytime I've been to Nan and Byron's the food and the service have been top notch. The servers are very knowledgable and are excited by the menu. If you go with a group, it can be tough to have a conversation with more than one or two people as the restaurant gets pretty noisy. Other than that, I'd recommend it to anyone and everyone and look forward to returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful First VisitfoodiebeeDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriends and I had a get together on Saturday evening and we enjoyed the restaurant tremendously. The food and drinks were excellent and our servers were very attentive. The manager even assisted with taking our pictures!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Had a grilled chicken sandwich - very dry. Also, didn't check my reservation in - causing me to have to explain to Open Table.
- 1/2 Off Wine on TuesdaysARL2017Dined on 8/26/2014Went here for Girls Night on Tuesday after finding out they had half off glasses and bottles of wine. The food was delicious and the service was wonderful. The crispy beet burger is my favorite!Special Features:
- Great!!!BillKDined on 8/26/2014We arrived for our reservation and asked to sit outside. No outside tables were available so they set up a new table outside for us. Our service was excellent and the food was fantastic. I will absolutely be back and will be bringing my friends.Special Features:
- Fun dinner!GigiVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had dinner with friends who were visiting and decided on Nan & Byron's because it seemed to be "kid friendly" (we had a 9 and 12 year old in our party). The kids had a great time as did the adults. It was very busy and quite loud, but in a good way. The menu is eclectic and varied...and since we had a vegetarian in the group, the options on the menu worked out perfectly. The food was really good..except my one observation is that everything seemed a bit salty to everyone (including the kids who remarked on it!). Granted, we don't cook with salt or use salt on our food, so we may not be the norm, but I prefer to be able to adjust the level of saltiness on my food. Otherwise, everything was great.Special Features:
- Great time with friends!NicPhDDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed the food here and it's a great spot to have a few drinks and catch up with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!LAHASDINEDined on 8/21/2014I met a group of my girlfriends for dinner this week. The food was wonderful, drinks were outstanding. Our waitress was very friendly but by the time the bill came, she completely messed it up. Had to void our cards, run again and then they were still wrong. It was fine the first time, but after a few mistakes it got a little frustrating. Maybe they are still working out a few things?Special Features:
- Noise levelOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Music was ok but too loud...made the restaurant seem very noisy even though it was not crowded. Would suggest no music or at a very low volume . Had the beet burger..different but good, reminded me of fried green tomatoes,but a sweet taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos taste like an old shoeScorox70Dined on 8/16/2014I have never posted a complaint online about a restaurant but we decided to try something new for our ten year anniversary and the food at this place was just disgusting. The tacos were doused in so much cumin they literally tasted of old shoes. My husbands burger was so charred he almost broke a tooth biting into it. Waste of $50! The service was good but too bad you can't eat the service !
- Neighorhood GemAudreyStarkDined on 8/13/2014This restaurant is a great find in South End. Stopped in for late dinner and cocktails at the bar. Staff very friendly and helpful. Cocktails outstanding and plenty of choices for all walks of life. Food is delicious! Can't wait to go back and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Menu was a delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014We tried the filet mignon and salmon dishes. Both were delicious! We normally don't like white wine but tried the new wine that came in a cardboard sleeve called the Paperboy and it was a fantastic chardonnay. Cool packaging. Can't wait to bring our out of town friends to the restaurant.Special Features:
- Gerat VibeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014Great vibe in the evening, servers were friendly and helpful with menu selections. Entrees were delicious, portions filling and flavors well rounded. Will definitely be back soon.Special Features:
- Attentive Servicenat523VIPDined on 8/8/2014Took my visiting parents last Friday night for dinner. I have already take them to 5Church, which they loved, so I thought Nan and Byron's was something they needed to try. It was another great meal with excellent service, as usual. We started with the smoked poblano dip and deviled eggs. The dip is something I get every time I come, and it is so addicting. Deviled eggs were good too, liked the slight hint of truffle oil. Entrees ordered this time around included the meatloaf, salmon, tofu, and cobb salad, which was a nice dinner-sized portion. Rave reviews all around for the food and service. Great cocktails, too! Looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so great for brunch....LZGirlCharlotteDined on 8/3/2014They do have a brunch buffet. But it is $21. And they don't have a wide selection if you don't want the buffet. They only have egg selections. And I can't eat eggs...so I opted for a burger without the egg.Special Features:
- Wonderful brunchPennymackDined on 8/3/2014I needed to find a brunch spot close to my friends hotel and the airport. We didn't want to eat at a hotel but nothing seemed to open before 11am. I found Nan and Byron's online and decided to give it a shot. The decor is cute, the food is fabulous and the wait staff was very courteous. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingtfossumDined on 7/31/2014Nice place to meet some people for lunch and menu has god variety of foods and service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/29/2014My friends from work and I celebrated my birthday this week and I chose N&B because the diversity of the menu allowed for a couple of special diet folks to eat and have several options - menu offers a lighter fare but with rich flavors - excellently prepared. I have eaten brunch here too and my husband and I absolutely loved it. Would drive from Concord again in a heartbeat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentSylethDined on 7/27/2014Appetizers were all very good (4 of us dined there), and deserts were good. All 4 main courses ranged from decidedly average (meatloaf) to inedible (tofu).Special Features: