Namaste Madreas Cuisine
2323 Shattuck Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94704Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Namaste Madreas Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.namastemadrascuisine.com/
- Phone: (510) 898-1291
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine
A word from Namaste Madreas Cuisine
Namaste Madras Indian Cuisine specializes in authentic South and North Indian dishes made hot and fresh everyday. We have a buffet during the day that includes plenty of Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian items and a dinner menu at night.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Namaste Madreas Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great Indian foodRc66Dined on 11/8/2014Lots of vegetarian options, and the highlight form me is southern I dian cuisine; idlinand dosas. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sitarjedshelleyVIPDined on 9/20/2014the taste of well prepared Indian food was well accompanied by the sound of authentic, live Indian music. A treatSpecial Features:
- The following 12 reviews are from the Namaste Madreas Cuisine reviews archive.
- Interesting location and goodNicklesworthDined on 10/3/2013Interesting location and good service but the quality of the food was disappointing. I would not go again
- Downtown findFinefoodfollowerDined on 6/15/2013Very good food, Interesting sauces, well prepared, generous portions. The menu has the standards plus some interesting variations. There is a lot to choose from, including many vegetarian dishes. There were six of us and they accommodated us without fuss, adding extra plates as needed and even keeping the water glasses filled. The setting is a huge wonderful room and when I go back, I hope to have time do find out something about its history.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NamasteGreatVIPDined on 5/12/2013We enjoyed our dinner - particularly the South Indian food (Indian restaurants tend to be North Indian). The food was good, not great. The presentation was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food!hukilauDined on 3/24/2013We have been here several times now. Like their food a lot. Interesting building that used to be a bank. Shrimp karahi was very good! I usually get the eggplant curry, but decided to try something different. Really liked the Karahi sauce more than I thought I would. Will likely get it again. I like their food because it isn't so spicy that you can't taste it! They also have wine. When we get the thali (dinner) we always leave stuffed!Special Features:
- Wonderful Indian food - myHUlagirlVIPDined on 2/1/2013Wonderful Indian food - my favorite in Berkeley. A little surprising that they didn't have iced tea (which is on the menu) and that the naan took so long to get my table. But the food is very nice and very reasonably priced.
- I ordered onion nan, butterLynnDined on 12/30/2012I ordered onion nan, butter chicken, and a shrimp dish & all was very goodSpecial Features:
- Had been to this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/4/2012Had been to this restaurant on 3 prior occasions and had been very pleased with the food. This meal was quite disappointing: tough lamb in the underseasoned curry, naan with little personality, and soup served at the same time as the meal in a difficult to eat from dish.
- There are a lot of IndianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/28/2012There are a lot of Indian restaurants out there, but this new spot in Berkeley has become a favorite. Large, roomy space allows for both noise and quiet conversations. The menu selection is ample and the service is excellent. A great stop on Shattuck if you're in the mood for Indian food.Special Features:
- Quiet, great Indian restauranthukilauDined on 10/19/2012We love the large dining room here which is a converted bank. When we want to go somewhere relatively quiet and low-key for great Indian food, this place is it. The service is nice, and the thali dinners come with dessert. The food here is very good and filling! They give you free papadum with dips as an appetizer. They also offer wine and beer on the menu. We always leave here satisfied and full!Special Features:
- Good value but the food couldBabsDined on 9/7/2012Good value but the food could be more flavorful. Service was great.
- Everyone who went with meHUlagirlVIPDined on 6/30/2012Everyone who went with me agreed that most Indian restaurants serve dishes that have lots of gravy and little meat but Namaste is the opposite! Hearty servings - good value for money. Very good service - in fact, we were given a free serving of naan with our order. Because the ceilings are so high, I wouldn't call it a "cozy" setting but all-in-all, very nice.Special Features:
- Best Indian restaurant in BerkeleyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/15/2012I have eaten at Namaste 3 times and each time the food has been consistently flavorful, delicious and generous. Service is courteous and attentive. Desired level of spiciness is willingly accommodated. Masal Dosa and uttapam are some of my favorite dishes as well as the lentil soup to start the meal. I will return again.Special Features: