120 Grand Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.namaskaar.com/
- Phone: 2015670061
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm. We are closed on Mondays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Indian
- Executive Chef: Syed Ali
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We have the ability to do parties/events at our place for up to 40 persons. We can also do larger events at a location of your choice or we can find a location to suit your needs.
- Cross Street: Garett Plaza
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have free parking for our customers after 6 pm on weekdays and all day on Saturday and Sunday. The address is the doctors parking lot one block before our building. The actual address: 140 GRAND AVENUE, ENDLWOOD, NJ 07631. Please call us for details.
A word from Namaskaar
Namaskaar, a small Indian restaurant in Englewood opened in late January 2008. The old place on Route 4 in Paramus, which has operated since 1991, was bigger. The new dining spot is more casual and comfortable with an informal atmosphere and minimal but festive decoration. As of April 15 the restaurant has outdoor seating. The food is served on metallic plates imported from India. The Indian cooking here is a notch above the competition. Our chef who worked in the best restaurants in India makes sure to serve the finest Indian food, emphasizes the balance of each ingredient’s flavor, texture and seasoning. So whether it's an intimate gathering or a party for the whole neighborhood, check out our menu to bring the distinctive flavors of a Namaskaar's meal to your next event.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Namaskaar reviews from OpenTable diners
- Excellent food at reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/15/2012Excellent food at reasonable prices. Friendly service. Best Indian food in Bergen County.Special Features:
- The food at namaskaar is good.SonnyDined on 12/11/2012The food at namaskaar is good. The selections are rather typical but are prepared well. The spice level seems to be toned down. My dining guest from India had to request double the spices to match what he was used to back home. Regardless, from a taste perspective, the dishes hit the mark better than most other Indian choices in the area. The lunch buffet selections were limited as were the fish options so we ordered from the menu. Tandoori chicken, the curried lamb with green chilies, and papri chait (spell?) were all good.
- My wife and friend dinnersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2012My wife and friend dinners was overcooked and when advised the owner did no offer a replacement. This was my birthday celebration and it turned out to be sub standared. I will not be going back.
- Namaskar was a larger restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/3/2012Namaskar was a larger restaurant located on busy route 4...the food was good and the atmosphere pleasant...but driving to and leaving from the restaurant was a real pain. So, it was a pleasure to find it locally! It is now much smaller but this makes the place more comfortable. The buffet has good and although the selection was limited, the chicken tikka masala and alo gobi were excellent and replenished fresh. The nan's were brought (also freshly baked) to our table! Making a reservation via this OpenTable option is neat!
- Neighborhood GemOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/10/2012It was unexpected neighborhood gem! Food was great and service was excellent. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- An absolute pleasure. WentMohoVIPDined on 6/2/2012An absolute pleasure. Went for the buffet, which was effectively priced at ten dollars per person. Food was excellent. The choices were diverse, and the menu offered an excellent sampling of various Indian dishes. Waitstaff was prompt, professional, and courteous. Highly recommended North NJ Indian restaurant!Special Features:
- great food - other things not so gotomayVIPDined on 4/20/2012GREAT FOOD- POSITIVE LONG WAIT--NEGATIVE minimilist surroundings i give it 4 stars because food happens to be really goodSpecial Features:
- Food is delicious and fresh.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/13/2012Food is delicious and fresh. Great lunch buffet for $10. Limited parking. Will definitely return to try other menu items!
- Spicy StuffAudreyDDined on 4/3/2012While the food was flavorful and plentiful, both the appetizer i had, Papri Chat, and my main course, Lamb Biryani, were much, much too spicy--and I had asked for mild spicing for the lamb. I would consider returning because the ingredients were fresh and the dishes felt healthy, but I would be very careful about my choices for the meal.Special Features:
- I went there for lunch. ItOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/10/2012I went there for lunch. It was the $10 all you can eat buffet. The chicken masala was good, but everything else was bland. Perhaps dinner options might be better, but I wouldn't recommend the buffet.
- Amazing Indian food - droveOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/4/2012Amazing Indian food - drove 45 minutes just to eat here. Tell all of your friends!Special Features:
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 12/3/2011The food was excellent, but the service was glacial. The kitchen seemed to be overwhelmed.
- Disaster!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2011When we arrived, there was a very large and noisy crowd already seated. There was no other server in the restaurant and the large party was very demanding. It was clear the waiter was struggling. Finally, he came to our table to take our order. He had a difficult time understanding us and was very distracted. When he delivered our appetizers, that would be the last time we would have his attention for the next 45 minutes. We watched as everything fell apart. There were to go orders to be fulfilled for the entire large party and walk in to go orders which all seemed to overwhelm the kitchen staff. It never got better. It's ashame, the food is delicious, but they need a manager that understands service and a lot more help on the floor.
- Reliable, good Indian foodbarbara960VIPDined on 8/6/2011Reliable, good Indian food in a neighborhood storefront. Astoundingly cheap. The decor is nice, and the Bollywood videos on the TV monitor add to the ambiance.
- Very good Indian food, bothbarbara960VIPDined on 6/11/2011Very good Indian food, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The prices are very reasonable.Special Features: