Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill
1776 Cheshire Bridge Road
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nakatorestaurant.com/
- Phone: (404) 873-6583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yoshifusa Kinjo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Sachiyo for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Sachiyo Nakato 4048736583
A word from Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill
Nakato Japanese Restaurant is Atlanta's oldest Japanese restaurant. Established in 1972, Nakato is 3rd generation Japanese owner operated establishment. Please come in and enjoy our hibachi dining as well as an array of other Japanese cuisines from Sushi to Traditional tapas style dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (41)special occasion (35)kid-friendly (14)fit for foodies (12)romantic (8)neighborhood gem (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (4)great for lunch (3)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Nice, but their competitors are better.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/15/2014This place is always packed. Now that I've been, I'm not sure why. Is it because it's fun to sit around and watch the food being cooked? The food is good but it's not really upscale. Does valet parking make it upscale? I got dressed up thinking this was fancier than it really was. Sat next to frat boys in jeans/t-shirts and babies in high-chairs. For the money (it's kinda pricey) wish I had gone to Benihanas or Happy Sumo. Happy Sumo isn't pretentious, just really good hibachi.Special Features:
- Took my boyfriend out just because...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Treated my boyfriend out just because and he loves Japanese culture. He's been to Hibachi's before but we had a great time and he loved the food. He thought it was a great idea I put together,esp the rooms where had to take our shoes off. The hostess was super nice and made sure we got in the rooms that night though it was super busy. We sat at the bar and didnt mind waiting for the rooms and we had drink. The bartender was very good,the drinks were very good as well. All in all we had a blast and would definitely do it again! Thanks for a fun night!! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday OuttingATLgirlDined on 11/8/2014This was the perfect place for my birthday outting! There were 9 of us and they fit us all at a table perfectly and evenly so we could all hear and talk to each other as well as enjoy our experience. The chef we had was awesome and funny!! The steak and shrimp were nicely seasoned and tender and the rice and noodles were great and not to forget the tasty miso soup. So glad I found this restaurant on google search and read all the great reviews cause they were all true! Nakato is an excellent place for groups, special occasions, and gatherings. Thanks for the awesome birthday guys! Will definitely be back in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nakato is reliableWonderfulDined on 11/7/2014Since we moved to the suburbs, we haven't gone to Nakato as much as we should. My son suggested it as a venue for us to treat him and his wife for their birthdays, both in November. It was splendid! Attentive service and excellent food promptly prepared even though it was 7:00 PM on a Friday. It was a little noisy, but the place was packed! My son and I enjoyed the Saki and everything else we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing for traditional sushi!hrmk2Dined on 11/2/2014If you look for a traditional Japanese Restaurant, this is NOT a right place to go. This is basically a hibachi restaurant, and most guests order the hibachi course but not sushi. Actually, there is no nigiri combo in the menu, although they offer individual piece of nigiri upon request. However, the sashimi on the nigiri was nothing fresh, perhaps because few guests order the sashimi here. Service was also terrible; we ordered tuna rolls without wasabi for kids. but they came with wasabi, and our kids were suffered.Special Features:
- Just another hibachiNomnomsDined on 10/27/2014The service was fine and the food was decent. I usually look forward to hibachi because it's a light form of entertainment. However the chef was quiet the whole time so it was difficult to hear what he was saying..even when he was trying to say something funny.Special Features:
- Great place to share great memoriesBirthdaygirl38Dined on 10/25/2014I really enjoyed my visit!! I would recommend Nakato to my friends for any occasion!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome service!DentDivaVIPDined on 10/20/2014They are a little inattentive when you walk in but it may have had something to do with them only being open for 30 min. However, the wait staff was amazing so that made up for it. The food was good & the ambiance nice. It was a bit on the expensive side for sushi though. Other than that it was a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingGoodHibachiDined on 10/19/2014As always. I loved the FOOD. The Cook was GREAT!! We celebrated a Friends birthday. It was three of us and we ate from the Early Bird Menu which was MORE than enough food. So for the three of us the tab was $64. Not bad. That was including a side soup and sushi. The Server was a regular worker. I have been serviced by him before but this particular time he disregarded to bring out the sushi we ordered. When he asked if we were ready for the ticket we alerted him that he neglected to bring out the sushi he acknowledge that he forgot and then stated in so many words He decided not to bring it out because we were done eating hoping we had forgot that he forgot! WTF! So we told him to put it in a to go container and bring it out. Overall GreatSpecial Features:
- Slightly below averageHibachiConnoisseurDined on 10/4/2014The entertainment was less engaging than similar hibachi restaurants. Also, the fried rice seems to cost more than others. The menu had less options than others. Other than that, pretty much what you'd expect from a hibachi experience.Special Features:
- Fun and different.CenobiaDined on 10/4/2014I was looking for restaurant where I could stay on low-carb diet, and the Hibachi at Nakato is perfect, with good selection of grilled steak, chicken and shrimp, clear soup and simple salad. Chef was happy to give my portion the carb-rich rice to my dinner partners. Portions are big, so I could even bring home enough for next day's lunch and dinner. Sure it's a bit noisy, but that's part of the fun.Special Features:
- Great HibachiNerdolocoDined on 9/27/2014We went for my son's seventh birthday and had a very good experience. The service was excellent and the food really fresh. You get a lot of it. Also the sushi is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2014We had made reservations in advance and then we all were not even put at the same table. We were very unhappy about that. Also, the service was pretty bad. I would not return here.
- Excellent date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014I had a Groupon for the restaurant. All of my food was delicious. The hot pot dish was definitely unique and a welcome talking point for our night. will return.Special Features:
- Good food, awkward seatingpmal6Dined on 9/11/2014I would consider Nakato to be my go-to Hibachi place. Great food and theatrics (enjoyed the chicken and shrimp dinner). Meals are easily shareable. My only complaint would be that my part of four was seated very awkwardly, with three people on one side of the table and one person on the adjacent because there was another group. This did not make for a very social dining experience. Wish we would have been seated 2 and 2 at any of the open grills in the restaurant. Restaurant should also consider light music to create an environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMaTyDined on 9/7/2014Seated promptly. Food was beyond delicious. Prices are good. Service was always continuous. Staff friendly. Free valet parking a huge plus. Definitely will go there again next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dominic StegallYoungLeanDined on 9/6/2014I booked the reservation for my birthday. I was satisfied with my experience, but I don't find it necessary to have a reservation if you have to wait anyway. The food was great and I will be back done time soon with a huge group to be able to sit in one if those side rooms, that seems like the best place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty, but unenergeticScottDined on 9/5/2014I've eaten at a zillion hibachis over the years. So maybe I'm just jaded...but I really felt like the chef didn't perform - oh sure, he did the pro forma motions and created the onion ring volcano, then added sauce bowls and made a train - but it just didn't fly for our table. He banged on some stuff and all, but the engagement was lacking. Again, maybe I'm jaded. I loved the food. Filet and lobster was delicious. The king crab salad was fresh and REAL. Delicious again. We had a young boy at our table with another group. He fell asleep during the cooking show. I guess he got bored. No flying eggs, no flying shrimp tails, no yelling and carrying on - just no showmanship. But the food was great.Special Features:
- Great Placedlh790Dined on 8/30/2014This is one of our families favorite places to eat when we all get together. Great food, great entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great evening!TravelQueenDined on 8/24/2014First there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I made reservations through Open Table, but wasn't aware that it specified the hibachi grill. Since we were using a groupon for the Nabe hot pot (shabu-shabu), we needed to be seated in a different area than the hibachi. After a quick re-route to the regular dining area, we were seated with the groupon menus for the hot pot. Service was a bit slow, but we all enjoyed the food. The dessert menu was delivered, but the waiter didn't come back for a very long time, so even though ice cream was included with our deal, we chose not to partake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great ambiance.matadorqkVIPDined on 8/21/2014Loved the environment, great chefs, excellent food (ordered a rare steak, it was cooked perfectly), if I had a big group this is the place I'd go back to, tables accommodate 8 I believe (per grill) so really great spot for groups of that size.Special Features:
- Pretty goodLive2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014Service was very good, and the early bird special is a great deal! The soup and salad were dreary. The grilled items were quite good. The place needs a little freshening up as far as decor goes.
- Most enjoyable!!GreatEats1113Dined on 8/20/2014Me andy girlfriend had a wonderful time. The food was great, the scenery was great, and the service was great. Course it wasn't super busy and was on a wednesday and for resteraunts service tends to be better when it's not super busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinning and very tastymmurarozDined on 8/14/2014Brought my parents to Nakato for a belated father's day Hibachi dinner. The food was delicious and the cook was very talented and fun. The fillet mignon was incredible, the scallops and shrimp were stellar and the fried rice, pasta and dessert were equally great. Service was great too and we have a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGondDined on 8/2/2014Tried a new place and was pleased. Will go back! The hibachi was delicious, as were the specialty drinks.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014We made reservations for 8pm. We arrived 5 min before 8 and were told that it would be a few minutes until the table was ready. 3 tables opened up and we were never sat. The other tables were filled with some people who arrived before us but mostly by people who arrived after us. We waited for 30 minutes and never got a seat. At that point I told the hostess to take our name off the list and we were done waiting. They did nothing to try and fix the situation and instead just said ok sorry. We were very excited to try this restaurant for the first time but ecsuse of our experience will most likely not be returning. Overall it was an extremely disappointing experience.Special Features:
- The following 212 reviews are from the Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill reviews archive.
- Great Restuarant!RosielikeitDined on 7/27/2014The food was absolutely wonderful, from spectacular preparation to presentation. The highlight was that the food was prepared right infront of us by a skillful ,pleasant chef. Great service from waitors to management! I will definitely tell everyone and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Hibachi I've experienced!CajunQueenDined on 7/26/2014I'm from Louisiana and I love my food seasoned and cooked to perfection! The hibachi grills I've experienced in the past have a chef that puts on a good show but the shrimp are tough and flavorless. The food looks great but it is always bland. The food at Nakatos was fantastic! The drinks are good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An originalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014What a great place. The food and service were outstanding. And all of the staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateFirstdateDined on 7/24/2014Went on a date. It was comfortable& fun. One waitress was a little short with us but everyone else was great and made up for it. The chef was fun& engaging. The food was pretty good too. I got the calamari steak& it was delicious! Would definitely recommend. Don't forget cash for the valet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations for what?MadukesDined on 7/16/2014I had reservations for hibachi for 5 for my daughter's 18th birthday. We were standing at the door for 10 minutes while a few couples who came in behind us were seated. I confirmed the reservation so why weren't we seated immediately? It was uncomfortable and aggravating. There was no where to sit while we waited and there should have been no reason to wait. The food was good However the chef was not interesting at all. Boring! Wish I had a make-up day for my daughter's 18th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You wont be disappointedQualityseekerDined on 7/16/2014Great food and very entertaining. It was our second time. I do wish they wouldn't pack so many people at the table, it feels a little crowded.Special Features:
- Yummy HabachiNancyVIPDined on 7/14/2014Nakato is wonderful. The food is fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- The customer service wasn't goodDJPtheFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014I ordered the seafood combo Hibachi- with lobster, scallops and shrimp; however the chef went in the back (kitchen) and gave us some cold chicken fried rice that taste like it had been sitting for some time. Usually the chef cook the chicken breast on the hibachi grill and the rice in front of the customers. Furthermore, the chef appeared irritated when I requested onions and broccoli only for my veggies. I didn't want the mushrooms and zucchini. It was a very uncomfortable experience to say the least. However, my seafood, 2 veggies and noodles was great! I didn't eat the awful chicken fried rice.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong for special occasionRJAtlDined on 7/10/2014Large menu, multiple choices (hibachi, sushi, traditional a la carte Japanese). Very attentive staff, and of course, the hibachi chefs with the great performance dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in atlantaWolfn404Dined on 7/5/2014Great hidden gem with good food ,great staff, and reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! However....Foodie1Dined on 6/29/2014I took my mom here for her birthday. The food was was wonderful. We had sushi and hibachi. The Restuarant was packed but we were still seated quickly with the reservation. Highly recommend making a reservation if you are going on a Sunday! I did let the hostess know it was my mother's birthday, as well as the wait staff. However, they never bought her a cake! There were about 4 other people who had birthdays and they bought them cakes however my mother received nothing until I complained. After I said something to our server and explained that I would pay $7.99 for a cake, 2 people came out to sing with a slice of nasty cheesecake! Gross. Very good food but a little disappointed with service.Special Features:
- Was an awesome experience.Diebro23Dined on 6/27/2014Me and my wife went here on a date night and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the service was spot on. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJanBubblesDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food and wonderful service! The hibachi grill was fabulous and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Some of the best sushi I have got to try in a very long time. My wife and I shared 4 rolls with our favorite being the bagel rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.