Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill
1776 Cheshire Bridge Road
Atlanta, GA 30324Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nakatorestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4048736583
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Yoshifusa Kinjo
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact Sachiyo for further details.
- Private Party Contact: Sachiyo Nakato 4048736583
A word from Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill
Nakato Japanese Restaurant is Atlanta's oldest Japanese restaurant. Established in 1972, Nakato is 3rd generation Japanese owner operated establishment. Please come in and enjoy our hibachi dining as well as an array of other Japanese cuisines from Sushi to Traditional tapas style dining.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill - Best Restaurants in Buckhead ›
Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (45)special occasion (37)kid-friendly (30)fit for foodies (11)hot spot (10)neighborhood gem (10)romantic (9)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Had a great evening!TravelQueenDined on 8/24/2014First there was a bit of a misunderstanding. I made reservations through Open Table, but wasn't aware that it specified the hibachi grill. Since we were using a groupon for the Nabe hot pot (shabu-shabu), we needed to be seated in a different area than the hibachi. After a quick re-route to the regular dining area, we were seated with the groupon menus for the hot pot. Service was a bit slow, but we all enjoyed the food. The dessert menu was delivered, but the waiter didn't come back for a very long time, so even though ice cream was included with our deal, we chose not to partake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, great ambiance.matadorqkVIPDined on 8/21/2014Loved the environment, great chefs, excellent food (ordered a rare steak, it was cooked perfectly), if I had a big group this is the place I'd go back to, tables accommodate 8 I believe (per grill) so really great spot for groups of that size.Special Features:
- Pretty goodLive2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014Service was very good, and the early bird special is a great deal! The soup and salad were dreary. The grilled items were quite good. The place needs a little freshening up as far as decor goes.
- Most enjoyable!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Me andy girlfriend had a wonderful time. The food was great, the scenery was great, and the service was great. Course it wasn't super busy and was on a wednesday and for resteraunts service tends to be better when it's not super busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun dinning and very tastymmurarozDined on 8/14/2014Brought my parents to Nakato for a belated father's day Hibachi dinner. The food was delicious and the cook was very talented and fun. The fillet mignon was incredible, the scallops and shrimp were stellar and the fried rice, pasta and dessert were equally great. Service was great too and we have a very good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousGondDined on 8/2/2014Tried a new place and was pleased. Will go back! The hibachi was delicious, as were the specialty drinks.Special Features:
- DisappointedFoodiesDined on 8/2/2014We made reservations for 8pm. We arrived 5 min before 8 and were told that it would be a few minutes until the table was ready. 3 tables opened up and we were never sat. The other tables were filled with some people who arrived before us but mostly by people who arrived after us. We waited for 30 minutes and never got a seat. At that point I told the hostess to take our name off the list and we were done waiting. They did nothing to try and fix the situation and instead just said ok sorry. We were very excited to try this restaurant for the first time but ecsuse of our experience will most likely not be returning. Overall it was an extremely disappointing experience.Special Features:
- Great Restuarant!RosielikeitDined on 7/27/2014The food was absolutely wonderful, from spectacular preparation to presentation. The highlight was that the food was prepared right infront of us by a skillful ,pleasant chef. Great service from waitors to management! I will definitely tell everyone and be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Hibachi I've experienced!CajunQueenDined on 7/26/2014I'm from Louisiana and I love my food seasoned and cooked to perfection! The hibachi grills I've experienced in the past have a chef that puts on a good show but the shrimp are tough and flavorless. The food looks great but it is always bland. The food at Nakatos was fantastic! The drinks are good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An originalOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/25/2014What a great place. The food and service were outstanding. And all of the staff were very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DateFirstdateDined on 7/24/2014Went on a date. It was comfortable& fun. One waitress was a little short with us but everyone else was great and made up for it. The chef was fun& engaging. The food was pretty good too. I got the calamari steak& it was delicious! Would definitely recommend. Don't forget cash for the valet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservations for what?MadukesDined on 7/16/2014I had reservations for hibachi for 5 for my daughter's 18th birthday. We were standing at the door for 10 minutes while a few couples who came in behind us were seated. I confirmed the reservation so why weren't we seated immediately? It was uncomfortable and aggravating. There was no where to sit while we waited and there should have been no reason to wait. The food was good However the chef was not interesting at all. Boring! Wish I had a make-up day for my daughter's 18th birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You wont be disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Great food and very entertaining. It was our second time. I do wish they wouldn't pack so many people at the table, it feels a little crowded.Special Features:
- Yummy HabachiNancyDined on 7/14/2014Nakato is wonderful. The food is fresh and delicious.Special Features:
- The customer service wasn't goodDJPtheFoodieVIPDined on 7/14/2014I ordered the seafood combo Hibachi- with lobster, scallops and shrimp; however the chef went in the back (kitchen) and gave us some cold chicken fried rice that taste like it had been sitting for some time. Usually the chef cook the chicken breast on the hibachi grill and the rice in front of the customers. Furthermore, the chef appeared irritated when I requested onions and broccoli only for my veggies. I didn't want the mushrooms and zucchini. It was a very uncomfortable experience to say the least. However, my seafood, 2 veggies and noodles was great! I didn't eat the awful chicken fried rice.Special Features:
- Can't go wrong for special occasionRJAtlDined on 7/10/2014Large menu, multiple choices (hibachi, sushi, traditional a la carte Japanese). Very attentive staff, and of course, the hibachi chefs with the great performance dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot in atlantaWolfn404Dined on 7/5/2014Great hidden gem with good food ,great staff, and reasonable pricing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome! However....Foodie1Dined on 6/29/2014I took my mom here for her birthday. The food was was wonderful. We had sushi and hibachi. The Restuarant was packed but we were still seated quickly with the reservation. Highly recommend making a reservation if you are going on a Sunday! I did let the hostess know it was my mother's birthday, as well as the wait staff. However, they never bought her a cake! There were about 4 other people who had birthdays and they bought them cakes however my mother received nothing until I complained. After I said something to our server and explained that I would pay $7.99 for a cake, 2 people came out to sing with a slice of nasty cheesecake! Gross. Very good food but a little disappointed with service.Special Features:
- Was an awesome experience.Diebro23Dined on 6/27/2014Me and my wife went here on a date night and had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and the service was spot on. We will definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJanBubblesDined on 6/24/2014Delicious food and wonderful service! The hibachi grill was fabulous and enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything was wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Some of the best sushi I have got to try in a very long time. My wife and I shared 4 rolls with our favorite being the bagel rollSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!GAGuy87Dined on 6/19/2014Great food and great experience. Best hibachi in the ATL.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Great Food and Staff. We went during Father's Day weekend 2014. We had reservation and once we walked in, we were treated like VIPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tprestwoodVIPDined on 5/30/2014It was a great spot to celebrate my daughter's birthday. Food was great! She particularly enjoyed when the staff came out and sang Happy birthday in Japanese.Special Features:
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We celebrated my daughters 25th birthday here this past weekend. What a wonderful idea. The food was terrific, our Hibachi chef was very entertaining and the Chinese birthday song they sung while banging on the drums was perfect. We enjoyed very much! The prices are very reasonable, you get a lot of food that all tastes great.Special Features:
- Great timeSputnikDined on 5/17/2014Nakato's is a great place to celebrate special events. The staff was super friendly and accommodating. We ate at the Hibachi grill and the chefs were entertaining and the food was good. Also, valet parking was appreciated. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great fun, fun timedlh790Dined on 5/14/2014It is great food and very entertaining to watch them prepare the meal.Special Features:
- Total Kid ScenemprofantVIPDined on 5/10/2014Want to know where there is a family friendly restaurant in town with good food - here you go! Takes about 1 1/2 hours to get in and out. The shrimp is great!!!!!Special Features:
- Always fun experienceHighHotSpotDined on 5/9/2014Always fun experience at Nakato Hibachi Grill. Fresh food and well prepared. Yum!Special Features:
- Very GoodwithoutthelDined on 5/3/2014The food was wonderful and the chefs were very entertaining and enthusiastic for their jobs. Definitely a place you can go with groups and children, not so much a romantic setting. Can get a little loud due the amount of people in the restaurant. A fun experience and definitely a good place to go for prom dinner or celebration. I would definitely come back another timeSpecial Features:
- The following 188 reviews are from the Nakato Japanese Restaurant - Hibachi Grill reviews archive.
- Great food & atmospherealwyslookn4gddngDined on 4/25/2014Went there for the first time to celebrate a birthday. Food was tasty, chef was entertaining, staff was pleasant, prices were reasonable. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much fun!klassikbluDined on 4/13/2014This was our 3 year old's first hibachi and the cook was awesome with her, even though she hated the fire! Food was excellent and staff was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my fav date night placesLynnMLTDined on 4/12/2014I love coming here with my honey! Great food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always great.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/6/2014The food is always great. It is not the place to go with a few friends because at the habatchi grill it's hard to talk when all sitting in a row. But that it what the ambiance is so once in while it's worth it...just know unless just 2 or a large group it is difficult to have conversations.Special Features:
- Outstanding Sushi, Sashimi,Hibachi!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014We wanted to indulge on sushi,sashimi, and hibachi, and when our waiter,Ryan, realized our intended appetite could not be coordinated properly in the general area where we were seated, he very helpfully relocated us to smaller diining area. He went to extra lengths to explain order of sushi/shashimi approached "'dangerous" (not referring to puffer fish) with all the food we wanted. We let the the sushi Chef select our order, best & freshest I"ve tasted East of Honolulu. As a special treat, servers sang Happy Birthday i Japanese! Fantastic waiter & support staff. Would we return? Yes, everytime we are in Atlanta, 4-6 times/year! Thanks Ryan for a great evening.!Special Features:
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/4/2014Perfect amount of food that was well cooked a d deliciousSpecial Features:
- The staff was great to workgrannyDined on 3/30/2014The staff was great to work around my allergy to soy and make me feel part of the hibachi fun! The food was fresh and quite good. My only complaint was that this style of eating leaves a feeling of being rushed out......there is no opportunity to st around the table and visit. One can also get a table in another area that would probably be good for this, however. All in all, it was a fun family outing and we will be back.Special Features:
- great kids birthday spotACDCACVIPDined on 3/27/2014Very accommodating. Fun atmosphere. Festive. Great early bird specials.Special Features:
- Son's 20th birthday gathering...serOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/25/2014Son's 20th birthday gathering...service by chef was underwhelming for hibachi style atmosphere...he didn't say very much other than verify the order...the place could you an overall deep cleaning...major stains in carpet, lighting fixtures looked like they've never been cleaned...will never go backSpecial Features:
- Great findTheSocialiteDined on 3/12/2014Had a great time, service was excellent, good was very good! I will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.