174 1st Ave
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nai-Tapas-Bar/175308912494726
- Phone: 2126771030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Flamenco show Thursday and Saturday from 8:30pm - 11:00pm (no cover).
A word from Nai Tapas
Located in the East Village, Nai Tapas serves authentic tapas of Spain. We also have live Flamenco shows Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:30pm - 11:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Nai Tapas - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
Nai Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (26)fit for foodies (20)romantic (18)special occasion (17)late-night find (14)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- NoisyAnujVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food.. Garlic chicken was great.. The song and dance show at around 11pm was nothing short of noise pollution.. Sangria was average..Special Features:
- Cute but loud!JdawgDined on 8/21/2014Went to see a flamenco show during dinner. Flamenco was very cool but small. The space is TIGHT. Flameco musicians and dancers were very passionate and talented. However, the space is so small I felt it was too loud. Even before the show started, the music was too loud and I felt like I had to yell to someone sitting across from me. Waiters were very nice but not very attentive. Took very long to get their attention but it was a busy night. Foodwise, tapas are pretty good but a lot of them were hard to share and were super small. It was a little pricey. Sangria was worth it and delicious (try the classic red). Some of the well-known tapas dishes were not very good. For example tortilla or patatas bravas. Definitely get the croquetas jamonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulFallon330Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere, and LOVE the flamenco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob7Dined on 8/8/2014I went there with my friends who came to the city to visit me. Made reservation last minute and then caught in traffic. Called the restaurant saying we'll be late and they were kind enough to reserve our table even though we were 30 minutes late from our reserved time. Our waitress was excellent, very knowledgeable and made good suggestions. Overall the stuff were very busy but still manage to take care of us. Food were delicious. The small plates are very good for a group of friends who love food and want to explore and share lots of dishes. Affordable price. Very vibrant at late night (we went at 11pm).Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Good food and great atmosphere at the Nai Tapas. We also enjoyed the flamenco show. Not wonderful for vegetarians but we managed to pick a couple of things off the menu for our daughter. OVerall we would recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- SO MUCH FUN!NYCRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/26/2014Saturday night they have live flamenco music and dancers (much to our surprise). They were tremendous! Authentic, no frill tapas that are simply delicious.
- Great, affordable tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Four of us went here for dinner on a friday night- we had a fabulous time! The tapas we're not only delicious but also very affordable- as was the sangria! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I missed the Flamenco DancersCuquitaDined on 7/11/2014This was my second time there. The first time was magical, thanks to the spirited and excellent flamenco dancers and allowing the waiters to suggest the best tapas. This time I made reservations for a Friday and later learned that the flamenco dancers only perform on Thursday and Saturdays. The paella was excellent but the dishes we chose were nothing special. I will go back when the dancers are there and recommend it, especially if you ask the waiters, who are professional, thoughtful and friendly, to recommend the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!BostonFoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Good food, good beer, and good fun. What a delightful time I had with my of adult daughter during a quick visit to New York. We wanted a place off the beaten track that we had not previously been to. We found this place on OpenTable and are glad that we did. Our waitress was divine--kind, welcoming, cheerful, and patient. The tapas were terrific. The restaurant was exactly what we are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best live flameco/sangria ever!!MarkonMauiVIPDined on 6/28/2014A true neighborhood gem in the east village. diverse tapas menu the octopus was awesome as well as the skirt steak. the house made sangrias are simply the best I've had as was the live Flamenco guitarist and dancers. A must do! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Stumbled on this place a few years ago and have never been disappointed. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu, and definitely can't beat the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to going backBuzzDined on 6/18/2014The food was amazing. A good selection on the menu. Would love to go back and try other items. The staff was very helpful. Definitely recommend the pomegranate blueberry champagne sangria!Special Features:
- My FavoritelexisasuperheroDined on 6/17/2014Nai Tapas has always been one of my favorite places in the east village. I lived nearby and must have eaten there a dozen times. Every single dish I have ever tried is one of my new favorites. Get the fried goatcheese. SERIOUSLY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGSelenaLIDined on 6/13/2014I can not get enough of this place! We love in Long Island but i find myself ending up here very often when I visit the city. The food is fantastic, the service is great and I loooove their sangria. Would recommend to anyone bear by :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ls3044Dined on 6/11/2014Had my birthday celebration here with 11 people, and everything was great. They had our table all ready and sat us right away. The food and sangria were delicious, and the service was great. The waiter even brought out a dessert on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorkVIPDined on 6/9/2014This was my third evening here in the last 5 weeks, during which my friends and I have explored about 40% of the menu. Everything we've tried has been nothing short of excellent. Or as a colleague (from Madrid) told me - these are the best tapas he's sampled outside of Spain.Special Features:
- MorkVIPDined on 6/1/2014Terrific tapas in a convivial environment and helpful and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great Food at a Good ValuebennycDined on 5/28/2014Nai gave us a great experience. The waiter easily accommodated our large party with food allergies and seamlessly served us well priced outstanding food at sensible pacing. Chorizo and shrimp dishes were the highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous girls night outjmm5281Dined on 5/24/2014Highly recommend Nai Tapas. Wonderful service, and fantastic flamenco show! Went with a group of girls and ordered many tapas to share. I recommend the champagne sangria.Special Features:
- Love Nai TapasCAInTheCityDined on 5/14/2014Everything about this restaurant is great! The wait staff, the wine, the food! I've eaten here several times and their food is always prepared well and they are always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap-as Choice!TonyNYadmanDined on 5/7/2014Every person who came in contact with us was polite, helpful and gave great suggestions. We went here for our 2nd anniversary, and it was a perfect night. Especially suggest trying the ham croquetas (or any croquetas for that matter), and the garlic shrimp. The coconut crepe with scallops, crab and shrimp was also delicious, and the fried goat cheese never disappoints. Beyond the food, they also had a great beer and wine list, which was very affordable ($9 - 11 glasses of wine). I must mention the staff one more time, because everyone made us feel very welcome and felt truly sincere. We definitely plan on returning here without a doubt. Enjoy!Special Features:
- fun night with dinner and drinks!LetthegoodtimesrollDined on 5/6/2014I went with a friend and we took the advice of other reviews and got the sangria. We started with the mango sangria and it was delicious! We ordered 4 tapas dishes and each was great. Then we ordered the pomegranate sangria which was ok, not as great as the mango one. Apparently the red and white ones are ones to get too, we were just being adventurous. Great food, good atmosphere, fun night!Special Features:
- The following 219 reviews are from the Nai Tapas reviews archive.
- Normally excellentRebeccaDined on 5/3/2014This spot is one of my favorites, but we had to wait 50 minutes to be seated when we had reservations. Uncalled for. But as always, the food was delectable. Unfortunately we were grumpy the rest of the night and also were sat in the corner near the kitchen despite arriving first for the flemenco show...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorkVIPDined on 4/27/2014I felt like I was back in San Sebastián. Wonderful tapas, excellent service, great mood in the room...closer to Spainthan anything I've seen in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fun, and friendlyDonFoodieDined on 4/25/2014This place was just what we needed. It was delicious, fun, and friendly (staff). I felt that the food was amazing--especially the "Gamabas!" I made reservations which I needed to change for a later time. Was it a problem? Not at all. They were very accommodating for a group of 6. Overall, good food and no complaints!Special Features:
- Great food but too noisy for talkPakuChanNYDined on 4/25/2014Came here for a Friday dinner with a friend, and ordered 5 tapas (seafood and meat) with 1/2 pitcher of sangria to share. The food and the service were fine as my previous visits. However this time, the place was packed and so noisy that it was hard to have any conversation. I will probably come back but next time, I will choose an earlier time to avoid the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantSusanDined on 4/23/2014Nai Tapas was so affordable and so delicious!!! At the point when we thought we couldn't eat anymore, we ordered 3 more dishes because everything was just that good. Would highly recommend to anyone, and Mon-Wed they have $20 pitchers of sangria! The blueberry pomegranate champagne sangria was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLibbyltDined on 4/22/2014We planned a surprise party for my friend and they made everything perfect.will definitely come back and recommend Nai Tapas to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Food was FantastickiwiosDined on 4/22/2014The food here was very good! The service however was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive, gave suggestions from the menu, and was very personable. Great place to go for a date or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RandigVIPDined on 4/18/2014Although we had to wait 15 minutes for our reserved table, the food was worth the wait. Delicious sangria, great tapas. They could have spread out delivery of the food. Everything came at once... We will return. Good value.Special Features:
- Fun place, great tapas!beyondfoodDined on 4/17/2014Tapas were memorable with a lot of flavor and the atmosphere was lively. Flamenco dancing was fun to watch (Thursday and Saturday nights). Highly recommend this gem of a place!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday BrunchHSquaredDined on 3/30/2014Hosting my large, loud, bawdy group of friends for my annual birthday gathering can be a challenge. We love good food, good drinks, but I'm loath to bring our rowdy group to restaurants where our raucous laughter might interrupt a proposal or romantic dinner. So I'm always in search of a fun place which can handle us, with good food to boot. Nai Tapas fits the bill - the food is wonderful, the place is cheap and cheerful, and the blueberry champagne sangria is delicious enough even for my wine connoisseur friends. Top that all off with friendly, happy, efficient service, and I'm certain to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great if you're in the area...Cat0725VIPDined on 3/28/2014Not all of the dishes are consistent...some are better than others.
- The service was outstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/28/2014The service was outstanding good food nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Energy-packed LES Flamenco jointPhillyphilDined on 3/8/2014Our second visit to Nai Tapas was once again a fun night out. With flavorful food and drink options and delightful service, another trip is most definitely in order. Though there was a bit of a delay in getting seated (it can get rather crowded on show nights, and people are slow to pay the tab when the times are good), it was good to see that the show won't start until all reservations are at their tables. The flamenco show is a nice addition to the dining experience; in a city that is drowning in restaurants that are here today and gone tomorrow, getting a little culture while dining for a very reasonable price makes Nai Tapas stand out. I genuinely hope this place sticks around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/5/2014The Tapas was great! They have a big selection and the service is very quick. The sangria was excellent. I let them know ahead on open table that it was my daughters birthday and at the end they brought out cake with a candle without my asking. I look forward to going again!Special Features:
- Great spot!KittyButtonsDined on 3/5/2014Delicious food, fantastic staff and sangria to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience to start the night!EMats86Dined on 3/1/2014Great service by pretty hostess and friendly waiter, very passionate flamenco dance by the female dancer, nice variance of speed in music, interesting options of tapas to try out. Def try the skirt steak! Confirmation call for reservation was a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- entertainmentdex19Dined on 2/28/2014It will be nice to have Spanish music in the restaurant and the flamingo dance on FridaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic tapas and great showBledsoeoDined on 2/22/2014What a super combination! Really good, authentic tapas and an energy filled flamenco show. We need to come back and try the food on another night, but if the quality holds up, this place will be a new favorite! It's a small lower East Side place, with casual dress. The tapas plates are varied and nicely seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.