174 1st Ave
New York, NY 10009Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nai-Tapas-Bar/175308912494726
- Phone: 2126771030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 1:00pm - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Delivery, Entertainment, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Entertainment: Live Flamenco show Thursday and Saturday from 8:30pm - 11:00pm (no cover).
A word from Nai Tapas
Located in the East Village, Nai Tapas serves authentic tapas of Spain. We also have live Flamenco shows Thursdays and Saturdays from 8:30pm - 11:00pm.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerTapas / Small Plates
Nai Tapas - Best Restaurants in East Village ›
Nai Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (34)neighborhood gem (31)fit for foodies (22)romantic (15)late-night find (14)special occasion (13)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (8)notable wine list (6)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great flamenco show!Sooohade81Dined on 10/18/2014Went for my birthday with a group of 8 girls….had so much fun. 2 of us went up on the stage and danced with the guy after they finished their show. The place is very small and warm. They don't have a full bar, just wine, beer and sangria. Food was pretty good too, but you're definitely going for the show. Thursdays and Saturdays. Price was very reasonable especially for the city. Only thing is they have 2 shows so if you go for the earlier one at 8:30 they need the table at 10:30 for the next show. I would definitely go back here.Special Features:
- Nai Tapas reminded us of MadridMrTGVIPDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I stopped in Nai in order to re-create our trip to Madrid. My wife is particularly fond of Patatas Alioli, which can be ca challenge to find. Nai had them on their menu, so we decided to check it out. Overall, the Tapas were great! We tried a few (obviously the Patatas Alioli) and I must say the Pulpo was cooked perfect- it was the most tender Octopus I've had in a restaurant for certain. That being said, I appreciate the level of effort that goes into their food preparation. In addition to the food, the Red Sangria was fantastic! Once again, probably the best I've had in a long time. We will certainly return to Nai!Special Features:
- Great Tapas and ServicefinkeygrVIPDined on 10/4/2014Made 5:30 OT res, as nothing showed after 6pm? When leaving at 7ish, restaurant was only half full? We tried most of waiter's recommendations, and the food was great. We started with Red Sangria--tasty, and followed with wrapped chorizo sausage, skirt steak, and pork loin. Only complaint = nearly half of their desserts were unavailable (including chocolate lava), and they only have one outdoor table. Also, if you sit next to the door, you will hear (and feel) a loud bang every time it closes. Very reasonable prices--would certainly come back if in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but skip the asparagusDueyVIPDined on 9/26/2014My date and I were pretty satisfied with the menu, but there was this one horrible white asparagus dish with "pink sauce." Pink sauce? WTH is pink sauce? That should've been my first clue. We tried to be daring anyway and ordered it. Out come two cold, limp spears of white asparagus with... mayonaise? It was about as bad as it sounds. I don't think you could pack it up and ship it to Afrika without precipitating a new humanitarian crisis.
- VibrantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014This place has amazing food and an energetic crowd on Friday nights. It was a bit loud at times but perfect for groups since they have large tables in the back. This is also good for smaller tables that they have in the front.Special Features:
- MumaVIPDined on 9/25/2014Fantastic evening. My corporate group had a terrific time. Delicious Food, Great Service and Fabulous Flamenco show made a magical evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what the fuss is...Tiny0216VIPDined on 9/24/2014Went here with 4 others for dinner based on the great reviews I saw on both Open Table & Yelp. I don't get it. The food was "okay". The service was pretty good, place is cute. Yes, the Sangria was awesome as was the fried goat cheese, but it stopped there. We ordered many tapas & a paella. The Serrano ham was cut too thick, the octopus was horrible. It was so fatty that we couldn't eat it! Clams in green sauce were good, but sardines & tuna were dry & fishy tasting (not in a good way). Garlic shrimp were decent, and the paella was flavorful but clearly wasn't cooked in the paella pan it was served in. The pan was spotless & there was NO crust on the bottom! Overall, just an okay experience.
- AuthenticUncleSamsDineDined on 9/21/2014This is a very Spanish restaurant. The service is not great (slow, but always respectful), but that's traditional Spanish service for you. The tapas were fantastic and came out staggered so that you always ate them warm (when they were supposed to be warm). Moderately priced, the small portions are great for sharing. I'd recommend the meatballs, the tortilla, any chorizo dish, and any of the croquetas. Didn't try the sangria, but heard it's very good here. Overall exactly what we were looking for in our meal.Special Features:
- MorkVIPDined on 9/11/2014The tapas here are always first rate (rivaling those which we had in Barcelona, Madrid and Malaga two moths ago). And the sangria is prepared the right way - not cloyingly sweet. An added treat was the flamenco which is done with art and seriousness of purpose. All in all a terrific evening - and the price is right!Special Features:
- Great TapasshelljoeyDined on 9/11/2014My favorite place in the city to have tapas and reasonably priced too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoisyAnujVIPDined on 8/23/2014Good food.. Garlic chicken was great.. The song and dance show at around 11pm was nothing short of noise pollution.. Sangria was average..Special Features:
- Cute but loud!JdawgDined on 8/21/2014Went to see a flamenco show during dinner. Flamenco was very cool but small. The space is TIGHT. Flameco musicians and dancers were very passionate and talented. However, the space is so small I felt it was too loud. Even before the show started, the music was too loud and I felt like I had to yell to someone sitting across from me. Waiters were very nice but not very attentive. Took very long to get their attention but it was a busy night. Foodwise, tapas are pretty good but a lot of them were hard to share and were super small. It was a little pricey. Sangria was worth it and delicious (try the classic red). Some of the well-known tapas dishes were not very good. For example tortilla or patatas bravas. Definitely get the croquetas jamonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always wonderfulFallon330Dined on 8/9/2014Amazing food, great atmosphere, and LOVE the flamenco!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bob7Dined on 8/8/2014I went there with my friends who came to the city to visit me. Made reservation last minute and then caught in traffic. Called the restaurant saying we'll be late and they were kind enough to reserve our table even though we were 30 minutes late from our reserved time. Our waitress was excellent, very knowledgeable and made good suggestions. Overall the stuff were very busy but still manage to take care of us. Food were delicious. The small plates are very good for a group of friends who love food and want to explore and share lots of dishes. Affordable price. Very vibrant at late night (we went at 11pm).Special Features:
- Great atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Good food and great atmosphere at the Nai Tapas. We also enjoyed the flamenco show. Not wonderful for vegetarians but we managed to pick a couple of things off the menu for our daughter. OVerall we would recommend the restaurant to others.Special Features:
- SO MUCH FUN!NYCRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/26/2014Saturday night they have live flamenco music and dancers (much to our surprise). They were tremendous! Authentic, no frill tapas that are simply delicious.
- Great, affordable tapas!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Four of us went here for dinner on a friday night- we had a fabulous time! The tapas we're not only delicious but also very affordable- as was the sangria! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I missed the Flamenco DancersCuquitaDined on 7/11/2014This was my second time there. The first time was magical, thanks to the spirited and excellent flamenco dancers and allowing the waiters to suggest the best tapas. This time I made reservations for a Friday and later learned that the flamenco dancers only perform on Thursday and Saturdays. The paella was excellent but the dishes we chose were nothing special. I will go back when the dancers are there and recommend it, especially if you ask the waiters, who are professional, thoughtful and friendly, to recommend the dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!BostonFoodieVIPDined on 7/9/2014Good food, good beer, and good fun. What a delightful time I had with my of adult daughter during a quick visit to New York. We wanted a place off the beaten track that we had not previously been to. We found this place on OpenTable and are glad that we did. Our waitress was divine--kind, welcoming, cheerful, and patient. The tapas were terrific. The restaurant was exactly what we are looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Flamenco!AparnaKDined on 7/5/2014Great bites for a great price, along with a great flamenco singer and dancers! Cozy place to dine with a few people.Special Features:
- The following 234 reviews are from the Nai Tapas reviews archive.
- Best live flameco/sangria ever!!MarkonMauiVIPDined on 6/28/2014A true neighborhood gem in the east village. diverse tapas menu the octopus was awesome as well as the skirt steak. the house made sangrias are simply the best I've had as was the live Flamenco guitarist and dancers. A must do! Enjoy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/26/2014Stumbled on this place a few years ago and have never been disappointed. Can't go wrong with anything on the menu, and definitely can't beat the prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Looking forward to going backBuzzDined on 6/18/2014The food was amazing. A good selection on the menu. Would love to go back and try other items. The staff was very helpful. Definitely recommend the pomegranate blueberry champagne sangria!Special Features:
- My FavoritelexisasuperheroDined on 6/17/2014Nai Tapas has always been one of my favorite places in the east village. I lived nearby and must have eaten there a dozen times. Every single dish I have ever tried is one of my new favorites. Get the fried goatcheese. SERIOUSLY!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZINGSelenaLIDined on 6/13/2014I can not get enough of this place! We love in Long Island but i find myself ending up here very often when I visit the city. The food is fantastic, the service is great and I loooove their sangria. Would recommend to anyone bear by :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ls3044Dined on 6/11/2014Had my birthday celebration here with 11 people, and everything was great. They had our table all ready and sat us right away. The food and sangria were delicious, and the service was great. The waiter even brought out a dessert on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorkVIPDined on 6/9/2014This was my third evening here in the last 5 weeks, during which my friends and I have explored about 40% of the menu. Everything we've tried has been nothing short of excellent. Or as a colleague (from Madrid) told me - these are the best tapas he's sampled outside of Spain.Special Features:
- MorkVIPDined on 6/1/2014Terrific tapas in a convivial environment and helpful and friendly staff.Special Features:
- Great Food at a Good ValuebennycVIPDined on 5/28/2014Nai gave us a great experience. The waiter easily accommodated our large party with food allergies and seamlessly served us well priced outstanding food at sensible pacing. Chorizo and shrimp dishes were the highlights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fabulous girls night outjmm5281Dined on 5/24/2014Highly recommend Nai Tapas. Wonderful service, and fantastic flamenco show! Went with a group of girls and ordered many tapas to share. I recommend the champagne sangria.Special Features:
- Love Nai TapasCAInTheCityDined on 5/14/2014Everything about this restaurant is great! The wait staff, the wine, the food! I've eaten here several times and their food is always prepared well and they are always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tap-as Choice!TonyNYadmanDined on 5/7/2014Every person who came in contact with us was polite, helpful and gave great suggestions. We went here for our 2nd anniversary, and it was a perfect night. Especially suggest trying the ham croquetas (or any croquetas for that matter), and the garlic shrimp. The coconut crepe with scallops, crab and shrimp was also delicious, and the fried goat cheese never disappoints. Beyond the food, they also had a great beer and wine list, which was very affordable ($9 - 11 glasses of wine). I must mention the staff one more time, because everyone made us feel very welcome and felt truly sincere. We definitely plan on returning here without a doubt. Enjoy!Special Features:
- fun night with dinner and drinks!LetthegoodtimesrollDined on 5/6/2014I went with a friend and we took the advice of other reviews and got the sangria. We started with the mango sangria and it was delicious! We ordered 4 tapas dishes and each was great. Then we ordered the pomegranate sangria which was ok, not as great as the mango one. Apparently the red and white ones are ones to get too, we were just being adventurous. Great food, good atmosphere, fun night!Special Features:
- Normally excellentRebeccaDined on 5/3/2014This spot is one of my favorites, but we had to wait 50 minutes to be seated when we had reservations. Uncalled for. But as always, the food was delectable. Unfortunately we were grumpy the rest of the night and also were sat in the corner near the kitchen despite arriving first for the flemenco show...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorkVIPDined on 4/27/2014I felt like I was back in San Sebastián. Wonderful tapas, excellent service, great mood in the room...closer to Spainthan anything I've seen in NYCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, fun, and friendlyDonFoodieDined on 4/25/2014This place was just what we needed. It was delicious, fun, and friendly (staff). I felt that the food was amazing--especially the "Gamabas!" I made reservations which I needed to change for a later time. Was it a problem? Not at all. They were very accommodating for a group of 6. Overall, good food and no complaints!Special Features:
- Great food but too noisy for talkPakuChanNYDined on 4/25/2014Came here for a Friday dinner with a friend, and ordered 5 tapas (seafood and meat) with 1/2 pitcher of sangria to share. The food and the service were fine as my previous visits. However this time, the place was packed and so noisy that it was hard to have any conversation. I will probably come back but next time, I will choose an earlier time to avoid the crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favorite restaurantSusanDined on 4/23/2014Nai Tapas was so affordable and so delicious!!! At the point when we thought we couldn't eat anymore, we ordered 3 more dishes because everything was just that good. Would highly recommend to anyone, and Mon-Wed they have $20 pitchers of sangria! The blueberry pomegranate champagne sangria was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeLibbyltVIPDined on 4/22/2014We planned a surprise party for my friend and they made everything perfect.will definitely come back and recommend Nai Tapas to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service & Food was FantastickiwiosDined on 4/22/2014The food here was very good! The service however was excellent. Our waiter was very attentive, gave suggestions from the menu, and was very personable. Great place to go for a date or dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.