Nahm Thai Cuisine
5310 Windward Pkwy, Ste.C
Alpharetta, GA 30004Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $31 to $50
Nahm Thai Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nahmthaicuisine.com/
- Phone: 6787621818
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Executive Chef: Nahm Thongyoung (Executive Chef and Owner)
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Our chefs love cooking for you whether a meeting, small gathering or corporate events. Choose from selections of appetizers, salads, curry, stir-fry dishes, noodle and rice dishes, or ask us to custom-design a menu to meet your specific needs.
- Private Party Contact: Ngamta "Nahm" Thongyoung 6787621818
A word from Nahm Thai Cuisine
Nahm is a unique Thai restaurant with a beautiful inside decor and Patio on Windward Parkway in Alpharetta offers a glimpse of traditional Thai culture, where balance and harmony come together in a relaxing, elegant atmosphere. Executive Chef and owner Nahm Thongyoung combined her love of art with a passion for cooking, provides diners with a taste of both exceptional freshly prepare authentic Thai cuisine and the Thai cultural experience. " The way our food prepared honors the essence of Thai culture, weaving richness, elegance, respect and balance into every hand-crafted dish."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Nahm Thai Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Alpharetta ›
Nahm Thai Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (42)neighborhood gem (42)special occasion (30)romantic (23)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (18)good for groups (14)notable wine list (7)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Nahm Thai CuisinedbhcluVIPDined on 8/27/2014Our second time to visit this spot - been a while since the last time. This Thai restaurant is wonderful. Wide choice of items on the menu, and they will modify to your taste. Our server was special. Very pleasant and helpful. As always, the owner (Nahm) greeted everyone at each table during the dinner. We certainly enjoyed Nahm and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality yet reasonably pricedbjtalk2usDined on 8/22/2014Chef Nahm always comes out from the back of the house and visits each table. When she is not visible you know that she is hands on with every dish that leaves her kitchen. Every visit you can have peace of mind knowing that your meal is being prepared specially for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as ever!MrAndMrsDined on 8/21/2014Nahm Thai has such a pleasant atmosphere & we always enjoy our meal. With so many restaurants to choose from in our area we keep going back knowing we won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ThaiDoobieDined on 8/16/2014Excellent service, great food. Lovely place to go to for dinner or a celebration. So many restaurants around this is one of the best enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Nahm Thai Cuisine ExperienceRonnyDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I came here prior to a concert evening at Verizon. I especially enjoy Thai cuisine and am always looking for a good spot. We were pleasantly surprised at the attitude of the wait staff- extremely helpful and attentive, their attire professional. The food and wine list is above average. The coconut cake- large enough for 2-3 people was exceptional. I will return.Special Features:
- high quality thaiJPfrenchDined on 8/14/2014A wonderful thai experience! everything is excellent, and the presentation is fantastic! will go again!Special Features:
- Delicious Thai food close to homeTracy74Dined on 8/9/2014I have driven by this restaurant for years and always wanted to try it, but never got around to it. Bummed I waited so long! Delicious chicken egg rolls. I have shellfish allergy so they made a coconut soup for me with chicken instead of shrimp. It was excellent although I thought the portion was a little large - definitely could have shared. My husband had panang curry with prawns which he loved. I had the short rib massaman curry. It was heavenly. Large portion - I took home enough for 2 lunches. Don't go if you're in a hurry - the courses come out at a leisurely pace. Don't miss the Thai coco cocktail!Special Features:
- Thai food at its bestNewsDined on 8/2/2014Just ate at Nahm Thai Restaurant in Alpharetta last night. This place was recommended by a co-worker who eats out frequently and is very cautious to recommend restaurants. I had the best Chilean sea bass I have ever had. Another friend ordered sea scallops and salmon, and another ordered the lamb chops with the scallops. We also ordered the appetizer assortment platter. Also excellent. Everything tasted so fresh. We were a party of 6 and most ordered something different and every dish was sumptuous. Excellent presentation as well. It is only about 20 minutes north of ATL off 400. We will definitely return with more friends.Special Features:
- Great Experience a AlwaysHalbrooksDined on 8/1/2014Always impressed with quality and service. We usually sit inside but tried the patio and enjoyed (8/1/14). We are green curry fans and I have found none better than Nahm's, with a special appreciation for the grouper in green curry. We like the Smooking Loon Viognier (a very dry white) with the curry. The papaya salad is excellent to share for two, but we ordered the calamari appetizer for our party of three and it was perfectly cooked and seasoned. The coconut cake is our go-to finish, a great dessert to share. Overall an excellent experience. We have some excellent Thai closer to home but I prefer Nahm for special occasions.Special Features:
- Nahm Yumck16Dined on 7/26/2014We love to go to Nahm. We went for my birthday dinner celebration. Such beautiful and tasty food!Special Features:
- Best Thai Food EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Food was beautifully presented and everything was excellent. Had the trio appetizers (out of this world) and two curry dishes. The depth of flavor was wonderful. Can't wait to go back. Only negative was the restaurant was hot. I am typically cold natured and this was even hot for me.Special Features:
- VERY GOODKulinaryKidVIPDined on 7/25/2014All food was excellent. Very fresh, and prepared excellent. Authentic. Loved the Duck in Basil sauce, and their famous braised beef in Masaman Curry. Be sure to order the Basil Rolls and the chicken & shrimp dumplings. Our waiter recommended the Coconut cake for desert and it was light and awesome. We thought that the kitchen got a bit backed up. Our waiter was excellent, but we did have a wait between courses - tho we were very happy with the food once we got it.Special Features:
- JessDined on 7/25/2014This was the second time that my family has come here, and everything we have tried has been very fresh and delicious! The wait staff was very friendly and accommodating. This is a great restaurant for vegetarians or anyone looking to get some healthy Thai dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but....DispersionDined on 7/21/2014This is the first time that I've gone to Nahm and felt a little bit hesitant with their service. I was with a couple other business counterparts and when our order came out, the lady (rounder face) was very annoyed that two of the guests couldn't differentiate their orders. None of us are Thai and for those two guests, it was their first time. Additionally, we were in the corner and it was so hot that we were all sweating through our clothes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantFamilyDined on 7/18/2014Excellent service. Great food. A nice quite place for lunch. Easy to conduct business. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Thai in AtlantaLeilaWBDined on 7/15/2014Nahm consistently presents some of the most delicious Thai food I have had in Atlanta. The curries are amazing. And you feel like you are dining at a special friend's house. The owner/chef comes out and greets every table to ensure their satisfaction. I will definitely eat at Nahm again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Excellent service.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014We've dined at Nahm at least once a month over the past year and have never been disappointed. A delight to the pallet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeDispersionDined on 7/11/2014Took my family to my favorite Thai restaurant and they all loved it. I have very picky eaters in my family and this place was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- En Thai cingAlpharettaBobDined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit to Nahm Thai, but it will not be our last. Having traveled through Thailand, I have a great appreciation for Thai cuisine, and this is authentic. I even asked for an appetizer that I truly enjoy but didn't see on the menu, and they would make it for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite stops in Alpha.CAP1214Dined on 7/9/2014We travel to Alpharetta lots for business and were lucky to find this gem early on. Now it is a regular stop for us and we love showing new employees this restaurant. It look unassuming from the outside, but the food is wonderful and the service is great. Often the Chef comes out to the table to talk with the guests which is nice to be able to speak directly to her about her wonderful food. We also have always been able to call and get seating for our large groups as all the people we keep bringing makes it hard to just do a walk in. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Authenicly GreatBetterEaterThanChefDined on 7/9/2014This is our "out-of-towners" lunch spot to prove that Atlanta / Alpharetta has great food offerings. We have never been disappointed at lunch – the only thing better is coming for dinner because Nahm turns it up a notch. Just about perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gets better and betterNorthsideSteveVIPDined on 6/28/2014Each time I eat here, I think the food gets better and better. The past 2 times I have gotten a red snapper dish that has been on the seasonal menu, which I thought was one of the greatest dishes I have ever eaten. So, this visit I decided I wanted to try something new.....also on the seasonal menu....the Duck Panang. This just happened to be the best duck dish I have ever eaten anywhere. Even if you are not crazy about Thai food, you will still LOVE this place. The food is as good as I have had anywhere in the country. My wife even compared her dish to Bartolotta in Vegas. Only negative is service can get a little slow, but they are always friendly.Special Features:
- Nahm is a local treasureAlpharettadinerDined on 6/24/2014This was our second visit to this wonderful little gem. I just can't praise it highly enough. Both times have really been terrific. The service is impeccable, the presentation just lovely (orchids decorate the drinks, etc), and the food is simply divine. I had a peach martini and salmon and scallop panang. My husband had a traditional martini and lamp chops with coconut sticky rice. It was so good we didn't talk a lot. Last time we were there, Nahm (the chef/owner) came out to say hello. When we told her we were celebrating our anniversary, she sent out a desert, gratis. What a lovely experience eating here is. I can't wait to go back. Incidentally, the dining room is decorated beautifully.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsBC11441Dined on 6/21/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary at Nahm Thai Cuisine last Saturday evening. We searched online for a new restaurant and were pleasantly surprised by the overall dining experience which exceeded expectations. The food was was wonderful. However, we were also impressed by the subtle attention to detail in the service and the elegant presentation of the food. We especially enjoyed meeting Nahm who is humble and beautiful in every way. She shared some personal life shaping experiences - including her grandmother's cooking and her desire to be a fine artist. We are grateful to have a new favorite place that will always be connected to wonderful memories of our anniversary celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ding DarlingDingDarlingDined on 6/20/2014This was my first time at Nahm Thai. I was pleasantly surprised at the service, the food, and the attention to detail. I will definitely return to this restaurant soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the chef!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2014Food beautiful and delicious! Very romantic and the staff incredible chef 1st Class!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Thai in the suburbsTakefiveDined on 6/4/2014I have eaten at Nahm many times and the food is always equal to a top tier restaurant in Bangkok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, excellent servicemlynn1967Dined on 6/2/2014Food was prepared very well, nice presentation, good portion size. Servers were friendly, and attentive without being obtrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed bagGreenGirlDined on 5/30/2014The food at Nahm is fantastic. Definitely some of the best Thai dishes I've had. I think moving to a larger location would solve some of their few problems. We've been seated at terrible tables, and this was with reservations. The first one was literally steps from the men's bathroom, offering a full view of the interior as occupants came and went. Another was an uncomfortable metal patio table hastily pulled inside that I couldn't even get my legs under. Service was also an issue: we waited 20 mins just to put in our drink order and then hardly ever saw our server, and my husband's dish was prepared full-spice despite his request that it be prepared mild. Great food but staff seems overwhelmed and space is overcrowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still dreaming of the foodChipDined on 5/30/2014Food was so good my husband and I were still talking about it the next day! The short rib masaman curry is outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Guest SuccessSandyDined on 5/30/2014We took friends from Michigan who often eat Thai (even in Thailand) and they said that the Curry Massaman was the best they have ever had. They loved the ambience and service. We knew they would!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceGatorJeffDined on 5/27/2014We chose Nahm for an anniversary celebration. The staff was excellent and the food was amazing (dishes were different/more gourmet than our typically Thai restaurant). We really enjoyed our visit and will go back soon.Special Features:
- Outstanding again and againBetterEaterThanChefDined on 5/27/2014I have eaten here at least a dozen times now with parties as few as two as many as 10. I have become convinced that the flavors here are extraordinary and those that I take along have agreed that every example of their food is better than the best that they have had anywhere else in town. There's only one other restaurant in the country that I think rivals Nahm & that is Lotus Of Siam in Las Vegas. Every detail is beautifully done at Nahm Thai in terms of presentation and it is tastefully decorated. Service is prompt and most pleasant and the decor is downright artistic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a doubtTXMcs2014Dined on 5/21/2014Nahm is a consistent and enjoyable dining experience. It is hard to believe it is in Alpharetta. The service is some of the best in town, and they want to make sure you have a great time. The descriptions of the entrees, tastes and spiciness are all on target so hot is hot. The best thing it that it is genuine Thai cooking, the balance is remarkable. A group or a couple cannot go wrong here, GO NOW!!!Special Features:
- One of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Exceptional food and great friendly service. Ineatnhere very often and it never disappointsSpecial Features:
- consistently excellentATLLocalVIPDined on 5/17/2014I eat at this restaurant regularly so have left many reviews on Opentable. All say essentially the same thing - Nahm prepares as good of high-end Thai meal as you will find anywhere in the world. Ingredients are fresh, and of high quality. Every detail of the meal is well thought out, and presentation is beautiful. If you are looking for a white tablecloth experience, and high end Thai, this is the place.Special Features:
- The following 325 reviews are from the Nahm Thai Cuisine reviews archive.
- Consistent High Quality and ServiceOldMonkVIPDined on 4/29/2014Been here several times. Outstanding food taste and quantity. Excellent, smiling service. Good for business and family dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic! Fabulous and Authentic!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014I'd been here for lunch and invited my niece, whose 1/2 Thai, and her husband to join me at Nahm Thai to celebrate my new job. It was everything gear I said about it! Food delicious! Staff so courteous and just the right amount of attentive. Desserts and drinks were also perfect! My niece said it is the most authentic Thai food she's had in the States! We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time Visit Was AwesomeJimmyVIPDined on 4/25/2014We were looking for something different and found it! Nahm lived up to the reviews and then some. We got the appetizer sampler which was loaded with tasty treats. The Mojitos were perfect pairings for the sea bass, duck and shrimp entrees. We were greeted by the owner/chef and the servers were on their game. Although Nan (downtown) is top notch I will be coming back to Nahm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!MgsrcsDined on 4/21/2014This is one of our very favorite restaurants in the Atlanta area. We drive 45 minutes to get here and it is worth every minute! Food is beautifully presented and delicious. This time we brought friends from CT who loved it. Try Nahm's coconut cake- it is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.