500 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.naha-chicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 321-6242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:00p.m. Dinner, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday: Closed (some Sundays open for major conventions)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carrie Nahabedian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: NAHA has a completely private dining room that can accommodate parties of 2-64 people for a sit down dinner, or 80 people for a standing reception. Our semi-private dining area seats up to 24. The restaurant is also available for buy-out for groups up to 200, 120 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Smith 8772874660
- Entertainment: Bar and Lounge opens at 5 pm - fridays and saturdays only
- Special Events: Occasional wine events.
A word from Naha
NAHA offers a seasonal contemporary American menu that comes alive with the passions and flavors of the Mediterranean and effortlessly blends the culinary, design and management talents of the cousins Nahabedian.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Naha reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (91)special occasion (66)romantic (45)notable wine list (42)neighborhood gem (31)great for lunch (26)good for groups (12)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (6)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)late-night find (2)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Glad I came back years laterbetsyDined on 11/20/2014Haven't been to Naha in years and I was bit uncertain. There are so many new restaurants opening all over, with great reviews and lots of buzz. Naha is a classically delightful place for lunch and likely dinner. Love the simple, uncluttered but detailed surroundings. Very interesting menu. Fabulous service including very warm, friendly servers. We had a great table by the window on Clark; nice that Naha is on a corner. Adds to the open, uncluttered feeling. My friend Lora Fosberg's art is still in place and the crew at Naha are familiar with her. Lora's art adds to the experience and makes it all the more unique. Sort of like a lovely respite at a friend's comfortable but well appointed home. Loved the dinnerware on the table when we were seated. Great pattern and color. I'll definitely be back and recommend to friends and colleagues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorkVIPDined on 11/17/2014Had dinner one day and lunch, another, Varied and enticing menu, imaginative wine list, attentive and knowledgable servers...and the food? We each had different dishes...all were excellent, but the Scottish wood pigeon I had was completely off the charts. Next time in Chicago I'll be tempted to eat there every day.Special Features:
- Great Food!JayzeeDined on 11/15/2014The vorspeis were wonderful and we shared them amongst the four of us. The entrees were delicisous especially the duck breast. My only problem was with the valet-they ignored us for the longest time and then when it was time to leave they tried to overcharge us-even though there was a date stamp. So while the food was terrific, leaving left a sour taste in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and decent serviceIdliboyDined on 11/13/2014Third time. Cane with a group of friends. Decent time but not fantastic. The entrees could have been better for the price that we paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceBob2Dined on 11/8/2014We always like to dine at Naha when we come to Chicago. As always, the food and service were outstanding. I had the venison and my wife had the duck and both were fantastic. Service was outstanding without hovering.Special Features:
- Lovely evening at NahawwldVIPDined on 11/8/2014Wonderful atmosphere, exquisite food, excellent wait staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Subpar experienceVan05VIPDined on 11/7/2014Had a reservation with Naha, but the host/servers continued to try seating us at a table of two and then sat us at a four top and then removed two settings. When the last of our party arrived, they couldn't find my reservation or help her find us?! She wandered around until she found us. Bizarre start. Appetizers really were outstanding, service was meh (our server kept interrupting us mid conversation), and mains were Not impressive.
- New Chicago favAndyVIPDined on 11/7/2014Wonderful in every way, from Michael's welcome to a fantastic dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/7/2014everything was great, menu had many tempting offerings, the highlight was the truly outstanding pigeon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naha, it's goodLPFoodieDined on 11/6/2014We did Naha for my wife's birthday. We have hit a lot of the other top restaurants in Chicago and this definitely deserves a spot on the list. It is a large space which explains why it was pretty empty for a week day. I would have to guess that it fills up on weekends which makes it less ideal for a romantic evening and less quiet--like any Chicago restaurant the tables are crammed in. The food was very good. Expensive but not ridiculously so. I would do this again. I only have two negatives, one of which is debatable: 1) Our server was very knowledgeable (good) but was surprisingly casual for a top end restaurant. 2) Dessert was a let down. I assume they have a pastry chef in house, but it didn't show when we were there.Special Features:
- Never fails to please!DaytonGalVIPDined on 10/29/2014Food is delicious-atmosphere is fresh and clean. Prix fixe lunch fabulous price point, excellent choices, gorgeous food. Service is perfect- attentive but not intrusive. Good selection of wines by glass. Have had dinner there and it too is wonderful. Try the Armenian meze for a table appetizer. Lahmajoon (Armenian pizza) very tasty. There were five in our party and everyone said there choice was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great experience...KMSGourmetVIPDined on 10/27/2014This was our first trip to Naha, being out of towners and having had the restaurant recommended by a friend. It was stellar. Server was engaging and quietly personable; food universally was excellent, and the restaurant was QUIET! Plate presentation was lovely and flavors were literally perfect. I had one of the signature cocktails and it was completely refreshing and well balanced. I'd come back to Naha in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding.KimbVIPDined on 10/27/2014Our waiter Steve was terrific, food was fabulous. Fois gras, risotto, duck, scallops - all beautifully prepared and delicious. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okay for our tasteJHRRRVIPDined on 10/25/2014We took our good friends from Canada but I have to say that the food what good, but nothing I have to go back for! My Halibut was rather on the dry side, and the venison was okay. The oysters were very good and different but not reason enough to go back.
- OK, but not exceptionalVictorJDined on 10/25/2014This was our first time at Naha. As the menu was organized as starters and main courses, that is what we ordered. My wife had a foie gras followed by beef short ribs and sweetbreads, I took a buffalo mozzarella with figs, and venison. While the meats were of excellent quality and well prepared, the dishes were surprisingly lacking in vegetables, which were not offered as side dishes either. It is possible that the seven-course tasting menu, hidden as fine print at the bottom of the printed menu, would have been more varied. The service was a bit slow, taking over 30 min to bring the main course to the table after we finished with the starters. The wine list was varied but unorthodox, but we never saw a sommelier offering to interpret it.Special Features:
- A bit pricey,but worth every penny!napacookDined on 10/20/2014We were three ladies and were treated royally by all the staff. It was the dinning highlight during our five day visit in Chicago. The food was superb. We shared tastes and every one was just right. We would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menuDatsboyDined on 10/18/2014Great dinner at Naha. Three course menu approach. First course is very diverse, and we wanted to try them all. Main courses were more of the same. Great service, attentive without being rushed. Wine list had a good cross-section too, although some were a bit overpriced. We found some values with our waiter's help. Convenient River North location in a safe walkable neighborhood. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere, too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014We have been to Naha several times as it is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. The food is creative and delicious. The atmosphere and service are top notch. This time around we thought the prices were high. And I had trouble finding a decent wine for under $100. Great night out, but we were stung by the tab, which came to $600 for four people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary mealGigiDined on 10/11/2014Superb meal. Creative food combinations, finely prepared and beautifully presented. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- First but not my last visitllaassVIPDined on 10/6/2014I was very pleased with the entire experience during my first visit to Naha. I can say that it won't be my last visit.Special Features:
- Great food and tea selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food was great throughout the meal. The risotto appetizer was creamy without being too rich, and the pieces of pork shank were perfectly cooked. I especially loved the sear on the foie gras that accompanied the duck breast entree. Dessert was a perfect; the gateau basque was not too sweet, and the accompanying brown butter ice cream was just amazing. A wonderful selection of teas helped bring a wonderful end to the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great food, perfect service, and a quiet atmosphere make this a great business lunch spot. I was a little it would be too fancy for my clients, but lunch was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed ... SurprisinglyChicagoPackerVIPDined on 9/26/2014I expected to come away from Naha a fan - Michelin star, and all - but left rather disappointed. To be clear, nothing was bad. But our server was either distracted or disinterested; not rude by any means, but lacking warmth and interest. And while the oyster appetizer was spectacular - the best oyster dish I have ever eaten - the lobster on the salmon/lobster entree was unacceptably tough, the ribeye entree ate more like choice than prime, and the chef was heavy-handed on the cheese in the risotto appetizer. Price-wise, our total bill for 2 was on par with our total bill on a recent dinner at Spiaggia, but for both food and service, Spiaggia is in another league. I am sure I will try Brindille some day, but I am unlikely to return to Naha.
- Great findCJK2Dined on 9/25/2014This was an excellent choice for the food, service and ambience. It was a great menu with the wait staff being on point for all their recommendations. I would like to try a dinner there now on my next trip to Chicago.Special Features:
- Nooner2uVIPDined on 9/22/2014Overpriced food and wine. Typically buy Jordan cab for $90-100; paid $130 at Naha. Minimal ambiance. Food was just so, so. Waiter was great, but he couldn't overcome the restaurant.
- PhenomenalJrussDined on 9/18/2014There is a very eclectic cocktail menu with ingredients to shock and tease. We dined on raw oysters, beet salad, salmon and lobster, and braised beef rib with foie gras. One of the best meals I've had this year!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing....MissFordDined on 9/15/2014An extremely disappointing meal - overpriced and under-seasoned. Very bland food here and actually quite unpleasant, in parts. Pathetically snotty staff. Miserable atmosphere. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone and I would certainly not dine there again.
- LynnLynnieVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a superb meal with seasonal dishes that enhanced the already natural fresh produce. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. I would highly recommend Naha for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LisabDined on 9/8/2014Sweet corn soup was outstanding. All the food we had was really good. Wines were pricey, IMO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodJandTVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is the 3rd time we have eaten here. Each time is better than the next. Hats off to the chef. Creative and oh so goodSpecial Features:
- BizBearDined on 9/6/2014The soft shell crab was to die for!!!! All our other food was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- IrenkaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Very special restaurant. The food was excellent, the waitress was very knowledgeable. The wine list very impressive, even if somewhat expensive. One if the few restsurants in Chicago where you have a nice conversation without yelling at each other. The tables are spaced nicely. Definetly will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome.CharmCityEaterVIPDined on 9/3/2014Naha is one of those places you can always count on for an outstanding meal, friendly, knowledgeable service and a hefty check at the end. (Your meal will be worth every penny, it's just good to know!) The menu is pretty much perfect, in my estimation - extensive enough to offer lots of choices but limited enough that a party of 4 can eat through a good portion of it. Whether you live in Chicago or are planning a visit, put Naha on your list; it's definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJCfromNODined on 8/30/2014Arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation, went to the bar for a cocktail, after waiting 40 minutes we were seated, hostess apologized but wanted us to have a nice table by the window, from then on the night was fantastic. The Burrata was heavenly, Duck Breast with Foie Gras was to die for. Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. It was a fabulous 2 hour dining experience.Special Features:
- MemorableLuv2eatVIPDined on 8/30/2014Judy & Larry Schad told us about Carrie & Naha. I'm happy they did! The food was sooo good & Scott was fun! I enjoyed meeting Joshua. Thank you for an evening to remember! Next time in Chicago, next time @ Naha! 👏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy Successor to Charlie TrotterSmittyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful selections and preparations. Not quite as exotic as some of Trotters dishes but wonderfully prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not thereSteveHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Naha has a very creative menu which brought us there but it did not quite live up to our hopes. My wife had oysters that had a vinegar sorbet which overwhelmed the oysters. I had Foie Gras which was great. She then went for the quail which was very good and I had the lobster and salmon which was also good but certainly not amazing. I then had the cheese course which was dissappointing as the four pieces of cheese were tiny. Absolutely a good restaurant but not a great one.
- chidinerDined on 8/29/2014Food looked pretty much the same (color-wise) across dishes this time. We're old patrons and enjoy the over-all experience every time.Special Features:
- CreativeBarbAtlDined on 8/26/2014Delightful dinner at Naha while vacationing in Chicago - after seeking out great dining we ended up at Naha. I had Organic Carnaroli Risotto and Braised Berkshire Pork Shank and my husband had Harvested Scallops for an appetizer. For dinner we had Alaskan Halibut with Yukon Potato and Leek Mousseline and Sorghum Lacquered Aged Moulard Duck Breast. All exquisite.Special Features:
- Love the Lunch Prix FixeGonzo70VIPDined on 8/26/2014Naha offers a three course prix fixe at lunch during weekdays for $25; you receive a few choices per course as well as bread service and mignardises. Sometimes lunches at fine dining venues pale in comparison to what one receives at dinner but this was a wonderful lunch that was on par quality wise with the dinners I have enjoyed at Naha. My server did a tremendous job expediting the pace of the meal (I had limited time), so partaking in the 3-course meal during an hour lunch break is perfectly feasible if you are in the vicinity. Definitely a fantastic value and a nice experience.Special Features: