500 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.naha-chicago.com/
- Phone: 3123216242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:00p.m. Dinner, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday: Closed (some Sundays open for major conventions)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carrie Nahabedian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: NAHA has a completely private dining room that can accommodate parties of 2-64 people for a sit down dinner, or 80 people for a standing reception. Our semi-private dining area seats up to 24. The restaurant is also available for buy-out for groups up to 200, 120 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Smith 8772874660
- Entertainment: Bar and Lounge opens at 5 pm - fridays and saturdays only
- Special Events: Occasional wine events.
A word from Naha
NAHA offers a seasonal contemporary American menu that comes alive with the passions and flavors of the Mediterranean and effortlessly blends the culinary, design and management talents of the cousins Nahabedian.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Naha reviews from OpenTable diners
154 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (110)special occasion (93)romantic (62)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (33)great for lunch (29)hot spot (16)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation, went to the bar for a cocktail, after waiting 40 minutes we were seated, hostess apologized but wanted us to have a nice table by the window, from then on the night was fantastic. The Burrata was heavenly, Duck Breast with Foie Gras was to die for. Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. It was a fabulous 2 hour dining experience.Special Features:
- MemorableLuv2eatDined on 8/30/2014Judy & Larry Schad told us about Carrie & Naha. I'm happy they did! The food was sooo good & Scott was fun! I enjoyed meeting Joshua. Thank you for an evening to remember! Next time in Chicago, next time @ Naha! 👏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy Successor to Charlie TrotterSmittyDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful selections and preparations. Not quite as exotic as some of Trotters dishes but wonderfully prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not thereSteveHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Naha has a very creative menu which brought us there but it did not quite live up to our hopes. My wife had oysters that had a vinegar sorbet which overwhelmed the oysters. I had Foie Gras which was great. She then went for the quail which was very good and I had the lobster and salmon which was also good but certainly not amazing. I then had the cheese course which was dissappointing as the four pieces of cheese were tiny. Absolutely a good restaurant but not a great one.
- chidinerDined on 8/29/2014Food looked pretty much the same (color-wise) across dishes this time. We're old patrons and enjoy the over-all experience every time.Special Features:
- CreativeBarbAtlDined on 8/26/2014Delightful dinner at Naha while vacationing in Chicago - after seeking out great dining we ended up at Naha. I had Organic Carnaroli Risotto and Braised Berkshire Pork Shank and my husband had Harvested Scallops for an appetizer. For dinner we had Alaskan Halibut with Yukon Potato and Leek Mousseline and Sorghum Lacquered Aged Moulard Duck Breast. All exquisite.Special Features:
- Love the Lunch Prix FixeGonzo70VIPDined on 8/26/2014Naha offers a three course prix fixe at lunch during weekdays for $25; you receive a few choices per course as well as bread service and mignardises. Sometimes lunches at fine dining venues pale in comparison to what one receives at dinner but this was a wonderful lunch that was on par quality wise with the dinners I have enjoyed at Naha. My server did a tremendous job expediting the pace of the meal (I had limited time), so partaking in the 3-course meal during an hour lunch break is perfectly feasible if you are in the vicinity. Definitely a fantastic value and a nice experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCafeLucciDined on 8/18/2014Last minute decision to come here and was worth it!Special Features:
- Total deceptionMichelinSearcherVIPDined on 8/15/2014We wanted to try this restaurant because we read it was awarded one Michelin star, but we cannot believe how it earned that! The service is not what you expect in a restaurant like this, the food took hours to finally arrive, and after all it was not memorable. Never coming again.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSeasaidhVIPDined on 8/15/2014It was a very nice experience. We did the 3 course fixed priced menu for lunch. The soup was delicious and so was the sea bass. We had the sundae for dessert and that was yummy. It was a generous amount of food and quite filing. Our server was attentive and always at our table taking care of details. The only negative was the wine we ordered -- a malbec -- was really rather harsh and biting. It wasn't one the waiter recommended, but I tend to like malbecs so I thought I would try it. I probably should have sent it back. It certainly wasn't of a quality that would pair well with the food choices. Maybe it was just a bad bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoostVIPDined on 8/9/2014Corn soup is amazing, loved the salmon and quail entrees!!!Special Features:
- Excelent cuisineOtavioSFarahVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a great dinner. Staff really friendly, good food, nice ambiance. All good!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceLSFChicGoDined on 8/6/2014Naha is unpretentious, attractive, and understated in appearance but the food is terrific. Our server was attentive but not intrusive, the food service proper but not overdone. The foie gras was superb, the corn soup flavorful, the halibut tasty, the steak a large portion and perfectly cooked, the salmon and lobster delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much going onholiday1Dined on 8/1/2014Although menu choices sound appealing with many ingredients listed, actual dish was fish sitting on an abundance of tasteless beans. Partner 's dish was equally bland. Salad had almost no dressing. Overall a disappointment from when I had dined there about 5 years ago . Many other better choices for same price- or even less money) a block away. Chicago has too much to offer to waste your time and money here.
- boonyDined on 7/30/2014The ambience is good. The food that I ordered RibEyes steak was rather tough. Other food like soft shell crab, sweet bread and Halibut were delicious by others in our group.. May be I made a mistake by ordering steak in a restaurant like NAHA. One of our group returned steak and ordered Halibut in return and like it. We did not appreciate "Chris" our server with attitude.
- better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014I confess, it has been years since I last dined at Naha. With the explosion of new, innovative cutting edge restaurants opening almost daily in the Chicago dining scene, it's easy to forget about the establishments that solidified Chicago's reputation on the world dining stage. From the moment we walked through the door, we were warmly greeted with friendly, polished, competent service that continued through the entire evening. The food was nothing short of excellent. All courses were described accurately, presented beautifully and tasted sublime. Chef Carrie displays the remarkable ability to compose dishes of such balance, depth and sensibility that it reminds you why she has been a force in Chicago for so long. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesmteranVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been coming back to NAHA everytume I have a chance, and they keep exceeding my expectations. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, but food could be betterdskilDined on 7/23/2014Went with 5 work colleagues on a Wednesday. Restaurant was mostly empty. Waiter was great, very professional. Good was very solid, but nothing to write home about. I had the bass. It was made perfectly, but it wasn't special. For the price of dinner, I would have preferred a bit more flair and risk with the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodiesEris003Dined on 7/18/2014The food is creative and aesthetically pleasing. The portion size are larger than you would expect. Most importantly the food is superb. I highly recommend the duck breast for the entree and the gateau basque for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!FineFoodFanaticDined on 7/12/2014We have dined here on previous trips to Chicago ,and it never fails to meet expectations! Inventive and eclectic cuisine derived from fresh and flavorful ingredients, beautifully presented. Our server was knowledgeable and made recommendations suitable to our tastes, all while encouraging us to try food and wine a bit out of our comfort zone . Décor is simple yet elegant- a terrific spot for a memorable dining experience !Special Features:
- RunDevilRunRunDevilRunDined on 7/11/2014Amazing foie gras, outstanding wine list (but really expensive... USD 75 for a Guigal Tavel... it is USD 12 at binnys...). It would be the perfect "romantic" spot if it was not so noisy Won't be a 1* Michelin in France but certainly among the best 1* in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- Great findChataVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had lunch at NAHA and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Great service and the food was very very good. Presentation was beautiful. Wine list is unique. The smoked potato soup was outstanding the cake with olive oil ice cream was simply delicious. All over we loved NAHA and plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic lunch optionChicagoKVIPDined on 7/9/2014My colleagues and I ventured out of the Loop for lunch at Naha and were so glad we did. The prix fixe lunch menu offers great value, with many delicious options to choose from. The service, as always, was first rate. While I have had excellent dinners here, Naha will now be at the top of my list for important business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/5/2014Latest of several trips to Naha, and have never been disappointed with outstanding, unique, menu selections. Ambience is romantic and fresh, with views of energetic River North.Special Features:
- Fine diningFlashdogVIPDined on 7/3/2014Excellent food with attention to detail on preparation. Get the duck...outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealwmpsDined on 7/3/2014Great meal, fantastic and knowledgeable service. Many gluten free options. The duck breast was amazing. Not a single off note or missed beat in the entire dinner performance. Bravo!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Naha a big disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/3/2014I'm in the food business in California and was looking forward to dining at a Michelin starred restaurant in Chicago that came highly recommended.This was a big splurge for me and my partner and we were really disappointed. It must have been the chef's night off. The food was not good. After the waiter mentioned that the salmon would be cooked rare, my dish came out overcooked with the garnish wilted- it probably sat too long under the lights in the kitchen. The salad was lifeless and the drinks very short. We spent close to $200 and came away barely full.Special Features:
- it was greatshiningVIPDined on 7/1/2014very good ribeye and appetizer scallops. dessert pana cotta was good, but not a classy one.
- Great Dinner at Nahajeffward59reviewsVIPDined on 6/28/2014We had an amazing dinner at Naha. The service was impeccable--polite, friendly and efficient, yet unobtrusive. The food was excellent. Each course was beautifully presented and done very well. We especially enjoyed the burrata starter, the quail main course, and the chocolate dessert. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- Seasonal dishes, excellent serviceTruparksmomDined on 6/28/2014Although the menu is not elaborate, what's on there is excellent and seasonal. Portions aren't huge, but appropriate for a light to moderate meal. Service is excellent. Our waiter was superb and knowledgeable. I ordered the ribs and they were stupendous. A small portion, but extremely tasty. Also had a great seasonal salad with goat cheese, nectarines, pistachios and a homemade beneigh that was still warm. Also ordered a small plate of cookies for dessert which were freshly baked and still warm. I cannot say enough about this fine restaurant and the extent they go to provide a unique dining experience that goes way beyond most restaurants.Special Features:
- Serious foodNickFDined on 6/26/2014Serious cooking here that really comes off. A great destination restaurant on a roll.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DINERVIPDined on 6/26/2014EXCELLENT FOOD.I LOVED THE STRIPED BASS. FRIENDLY, BUT REFINED SERVICE. GREAT PEOPLE WATCHING THROUGH THE WINDOW NEXT TO OUR TABLE. PRICES ARE HIGH, BUT IT'S WORTH IT FOR A SPECIAL OCCASION.Special Features:
- Good Food, Slow ServiceLuv2DineOutDined on 6/21/2014The food was great, but I was not blown away. Service, on the other hand, was not up to par. This had nothing to do with our waiter. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. But when you don't order an appetizer, there is no reason why it should take an hour and a half to get served the entree. I would have been more accepting of the wait if the restaurant was crowded, but there were quite a few open tables, and none of the staff appeared overburdened. This restaurant is definitely worth going to. But I didn't leave with a desire to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't match expectationsAmateurDinerDined on 6/21/2014Went for 10th anniversary dinner and while I would not say anything was bad (and some things were quite good), there was not much here that made us think we have to get back to this place. Soft shell crab appetizer was great, wife loved oysters, and Quail entree was good. Skip the desserts. Alcohol costs seemed high (but perhaps normal for Chicago) - $20 martinis and few wine bottles under $100; wine by glass provided healthy pours I also was not terribly impressed by our server - I asked him for his recommendation and he put question back to me. I was hoping for a guide on our night and got a return quiz. Net - for price, you can likely do betterSpecial Features:
- Good datemathaholic101Dined on 6/21/2014The food was fine. My salad had a really weird dressing, and as a vegetarian there really weren't many options. Actually, my boyfriend got the mushroom soup that had a tiny bit of meat in the center. That soup was delicious, and I really wish I had gotten that soup and asked for it without the meat. Entrees were fine. My boyfriend got some striped bass and lobster for $50, but only a teeny tiny bit of food came out on his plate. I got a spinach wrap, and the onions around the edge were not yummy, but otherwise it was fine. My boyfriend paid, but otherwise I would have said it wasn't a great value. Also, the place is mostly covered in windows, but the windows overlook other buildings. I know it's downtown Chicago, but it was weird.Special Features:
- MikeVIPDined on 6/19/2014Nice restaurant with good food. However, it's just not my kind of restaurant.Special Features:
- A Perfect NightChicagoHoneyDined on 6/18/2014Our night at Naha was a honeymoon gift from a parent. "Take your new wife to one -really- nice dinner while you're in Chicago. It's on us." So we looked and looked and looked for just the right place to go. Though we saw many impressive menus at the finest restaurants, we finally found Naha. It was easily the most approachable, elegant menu, and incredibly convenient to our hotel. The staff was attentive and offered excellent suggestions. The roast duck was like butter, the quail was succulent, and my egg white bourbon sour ruined any other future attempt at the drink in my mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful experience at NahaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Recent dinner at Naha on a Saturday evening was perfect from start to finish. Beautiful dining room with perfect ambience - casually elegant and simple with fabulous lighting. Server was impeccable, knowledgable and friendly - pacing was perfect. Foie Gras, softshell crab with preserved Meyer lemon salad, saddle of venison, seared scallops, wild mushroom soup with oxtail, and pork shank off the bone. All perfectly done with a skilled hand and measured but bold flavors. All in all a huge recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top notch, very fine diningJustJoeVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is fine dining without being stuffy nor pretentious. Everything from the service, ambiance, presentations, timing, attention to flavors and quality are extremely top notch. Recommend everything or try the tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Absolutely incredible food and service. We will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.