500 North Clark St.
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.naha-chicago.com/
- Phone: 3123216242
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch, Monday - Friday 11:30 - 2:00p.m. Dinner, Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm Sunday: Closed (some Sundays open for major conventions)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Mediterranean, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Carrie Nahabedian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: NAHA has a completely private dining room that can accommodate parties of 2-64 people for a sit down dinner, or 80 people for a standing reception. Our semi-private dining area seats up to 24. The restaurant is also available for buy-out for groups up to 200, 120 seated.
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Smith 8772874660
- Entertainment: Bar and Lounge opens at 5 pm - fridays and saturdays only
- Special Events: Occasional wine events.
A word from Naha
NAHA offers a seasonal contemporary American menu that comes alive with the passions and flavors of the Mediterranean and effortlessly blends the culinary, design and management talents of the cousins Nahabedian.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Naha reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (89)special occasion (67)romantic (44)notable wine list (38)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (23)hot spot (12)good for groups (12)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Creative menuDatsboyDined on 10/18/2014Great dinner at Naha. Three course menu approach. First course is very diverse, and we wanted to try them all. Main courses were more of the same. Great service, attentive without being rushed. Wine list had a good cross-section too, although some were a bit overpriced. We found some values with our waiter's help. Convenient River North location in a safe walkable neighborhood. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great food, atmosphere, too priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/11/2014We have been to Naha several times as it is one of my favorite restaurants in Chicago. The food is creative and delicious. The atmosphere and service are top notch. This time around we thought the prices were high. And I had trouble finding a decent wine for under $100. Great night out, but we were stung by the tab, which came to $600 for four people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect anniversary mealGigiDined on 10/11/2014Superb meal. Creative food combinations, finely prepared and beautifully presented. We will definitely return!Special Features:
- First but not my last visitllaassDined on 10/6/2014I was very pleased with the entire experience during my first visit to Naha. I can say that it won't be my last visit.Special Features:
- Great food and tea selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/2/2014Food was great throughout the meal. The risotto appetizer was creamy without being too rich, and the pieces of pork shank were perfectly cooked. I especially loved the sear on the foie gras that accompanied the duck breast entree. Dessert was a perfect; the gateau basque was not too sweet, and the accompanying brown butter ice cream was just amazing. A wonderful selection of teas helped bring a wonderful end to the meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/30/2014Great food, perfect service, and a quiet atmosphere make this a great business lunch spot. I was a little it would be too fancy for my clients, but lunch was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed ... SurprisinglyChicagoPackerVIPDined on 9/26/2014I expected to come away from Naha a fan - Michelin star, and all - but left rather disappointed. To be clear, nothing was bad. But our server was either distracted or disinterested; not rude by any means, but lacking warmth and interest. And while the oyster appetizer was spectacular - the best oyster dish I have ever eaten - the lobster on the salmon/lobster entree was unacceptably tough, the ribeye entree ate more like choice than prime, and the chef was heavy-handed on the cheese in the risotto appetizer. Price-wise, our total bill for 2 was on par with our total bill on a recent dinner at Spiaggia, but for both food and service, Spiaggia is in another league. I am sure I will try Brindille some day, but I am unlikely to return to Naha.
- Great findCJK2Dined on 9/25/2014This was an excellent choice for the food, service and ambience. It was a great menu with the wait staff being on point for all their recommendations. I would like to try a dinner there now on my next trip to Chicago.Special Features:
- Nooner2uVIPDined on 9/22/2014Overpriced food and wine. Typically buy Jordan cab for $90-100; paid $130 at Naha. Minimal ambiance. Food was just so, so. Waiter was great, but he couldn't overcome the restaurant.
- PhenomenalJrussDined on 9/18/2014There is a very eclectic cocktail menu with ingredients to shock and tease. We dined on raw oysters, beet salad, salmon and lobster, and braised beef rib with foie gras. One of the best meals I've had this year!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing....MissFordDined on 9/15/2014An extremely disappointing meal - overpriced and under-seasoned. Very bland food here and actually quite unpleasant, in parts. Pathetically snotty staff. Miserable atmosphere. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone and I would certainly not dine there again.
- LynnLynnieVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a superb meal with seasonal dishes that enhanced the already natural fresh produce. Service was attentive without being obtrusive. I would highly recommend Naha for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!LisabDined on 9/8/2014Sweet corn soup was outstanding. All the food we had was really good. Wines were pricey, IMO.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FoodJandTVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is the 3rd time we have eaten here. Each time is better than the next. Hats off to the chef. Creative and oh so goodSpecial Features:
- BizBearDined on 9/6/2014The soft shell crab was to die for!!!! All our other food was outstanding as well.Special Features:
- IrenkaDined on 9/5/2014Very special restaurant. The food was excellent, the waitress was very knowledgeable. The wine list very impressive, even if somewhat expensive. One if the few restsurants in Chicago where you have a nice conversation without yelling at each other. The tables are spaced nicely. Definetly will come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently awesome.CharmCityEaterVIPDined on 9/3/2014Naha is one of those places you can always count on for an outstanding meal, friendly, knowledgeable service and a hefty check at the end. (Your meal will be worth every penny, it's just good to know!) The menu is pretty much perfect, in my estimation - extensive enough to offer lots of choices but limited enough that a party of 4 can eat through a good portion of it. Whether you live in Chicago or are planning a visit, put Naha on your list; it's definitely worth the trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingJCfromNODined on 8/30/2014Arrived 20 minutes early for our reservation, went to the bar for a cocktail, after waiting 40 minutes we were seated, hostess apologized but wanted us to have a nice table by the window, from then on the night was fantastic. The Burrata was heavenly, Duck Breast with Foie Gras was to die for. Our server was very attentive but not intrusive. It was a fabulous 2 hour dining experience.Special Features:
- MemorableLuv2eatDined on 8/30/2014Judy & Larry Schad told us about Carrie & Naha. I'm happy they did! The food was sooo good & Scott was fun! I enjoyed meeting Joshua. Thank you for an evening to remember! Next time in Chicago, next time @ Naha! 👏Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worthy Successor to Charlie TrotterSmittyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Wonderful selections and preparations. Not quite as exotic as some of Trotters dishes but wonderfully prepared and served.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good but not thereSteveHVIPDined on 8/30/2014Naha has a very creative menu which brought us there but it did not quite live up to our hopes. My wife had oysters that had a vinegar sorbet which overwhelmed the oysters. I had Foie Gras which was great. She then went for the quail which was very good and I had the lobster and salmon which was also good but certainly not amazing. I then had the cheese course which was dissappointing as the four pieces of cheese were tiny. Absolutely a good restaurant but not a great one.
- chidinerDined on 8/29/2014Food looked pretty much the same (color-wise) across dishes this time. We're old patrons and enjoy the over-all experience every time.Special Features:
- CreativeBarbAtlDined on 8/26/2014Delightful dinner at Naha while vacationing in Chicago - after seeking out great dining we ended up at Naha. I had Organic Carnaroli Risotto and Braised Berkshire Pork Shank and my husband had Harvested Scallops for an appetizer. For dinner we had Alaskan Halibut with Yukon Potato and Leek Mousseline and Sorghum Lacquered Aged Moulard Duck Breast. All exquisite.Special Features:
- Love the Lunch Prix FixeGonzo70VIPDined on 8/26/2014Naha offers a three course prix fixe at lunch during weekdays for $25; you receive a few choices per course as well as bread service and mignardises. Sometimes lunches at fine dining venues pale in comparison to what one receives at dinner but this was a wonderful lunch that was on par quality wise with the dinners I have enjoyed at Naha. My server did a tremendous job expediting the pace of the meal (I had limited time), so partaking in the 3-course meal during an hour lunch break is perfectly feasible if you are in the vicinity. Definitely a fantastic value and a nice experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful experienceCafeLucciDined on 8/18/2014Last minute decision to come here and was worth it!Special Features:
- Total deceptionMichelinSearcherVIPDined on 8/15/2014We wanted to try this restaurant because we read it was awarded one Michelin star, but we cannot believe how it earned that! The service is not what you expect in a restaurant like this, the food took hours to finally arrive, and after all it was not memorable. Never coming again.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceSeasaidhVIPDined on 8/15/2014It was a very nice experience. We did the 3 course fixed priced menu for lunch. The soup was delicious and so was the sea bass. We had the sundae for dessert and that was yummy. It was a generous amount of food and quite filing. Our server was attentive and always at our table taking care of details. The only negative was the wine we ordered -- a malbec -- was really rather harsh and biting. It wasn't one the waiter recommended, but I tend to like malbecs so I thought I would try it. I probably should have sent it back. It certainly wasn't of a quality that would pair well with the food choices. Maybe it was just a bad bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RoostVIPDined on 8/9/2014Corn soup is amazing, loved the salmon and quail entrees!!!Special Features:
- Excelent cuisineOtavioSFarahVIPDined on 8/7/2014We had a great dinner. Staff really friendly, good food, nice ambiance. All good!Special Features:
- Fabulous food and serviceLSFChicGoVIPDined on 8/6/2014Naha is unpretentious, attractive, and understated in appearance but the food is terrific. Our server was attentive but not intrusive, the food service proper but not overdone. The foie gras was superb, the corn soup flavorful, the halibut tasty, the steak a large portion and perfectly cooked, the salmon and lobster delicious. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not much going onholiday1Dined on 8/1/2014Although menu choices sound appealing with many ingredients listed, actual dish was fish sitting on an abundance of tasteless beans. Partner 's dish was equally bland. Salad had almost no dressing. Overall a disappointment from when I had dined there about 5 years ago . Many other better choices for same price- or even less money) a block away. Chicago has too much to offer to waste your time and money here.
- boonyDined on 7/30/2014The ambience is good. The food that I ordered RibEyes steak was rather tough. Other food like soft shell crab, sweet bread and Halibut were delicious by others in our group.. May be I made a mistake by ordering steak in a restaurant like NAHA. One of our group returned steak and ordered Halibut in return and like it. We did not appreciate "Chris" our server with attitude.
- better than everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014I confess, it has been years since I last dined at Naha. With the explosion of new, innovative cutting edge restaurants opening almost daily in the Chicago dining scene, it's easy to forget about the establishments that solidified Chicago's reputation on the world dining stage. From the moment we walked through the door, we were warmly greeted with friendly, polished, competent service that continued through the entire evening. The food was nothing short of excellent. All courses were described accurately, presented beautifully and tasted sublime. Chef Carrie displays the remarkable ability to compose dishes of such balance, depth and sensibility that it reminds you why she has been a force in Chicago for so long. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesmteranVIPDined on 7/24/2014I have been coming back to NAHA everytume I have a chance, and they keep exceeding my expectations. Great food, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid, but food could be betterdskilDined on 7/23/2014Went with 5 work colleagues on a Wednesday. Restaurant was mostly empty. Waiter was great, very professional. Good was very solid, but nothing to write home about. I had the bass. It was made perfectly, but it wasn't special. For the price of dinner, I would have preferred a bit more flair and risk with the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fit for foodiesEris003Dined on 7/18/2014The food is creative and aesthetically pleasing. The portion size are larger than you would expect. Most importantly the food is superb. I highly recommend the duck breast for the entree and the gateau basque for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!FineFoodFanaticDined on 7/12/2014We have dined here on previous trips to Chicago ,and it never fails to meet expectations! Inventive and eclectic cuisine derived from fresh and flavorful ingredients, beautifully presented. Our server was knowledgeable and made recommendations suitable to our tastes, all while encouraging us to try food and wine a bit out of our comfort zone . Décor is simple yet elegant- a terrific spot for a memorable dining experience !Special Features:
- RunDevilRunRunDevilRunDined on 7/11/2014Amazing foie gras, outstanding wine list (but really expensive... USD 75 for a Guigal Tavel... it is USD 12 at binnys...). It would be the perfect "romantic" spot if it was not so noisy Won't be a 1* Michelin in France but certainly among the best 1* in ChicagoSpecial Features:
- Great findChataVIPDined on 7/10/2014We had lunch at NAHA and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Great service and the food was very very good. Presentation was beautiful. Wine list is unique. The smoked potato soup was outstanding the cake with olive oil ice cream was simply delicious. All over we loved NAHA and plan to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fantastic lunch optionChicagoKVIPDined on 7/9/2014My colleagues and I ventured out of the Loop for lunch at Naha and were so glad we did. The prix fixe lunch menu offers great value, with many delicious options to choose from. The service, as always, was first rate. While I have had excellent dinners here, Naha will now be at the top of my list for important business lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.