1600 Rhode Island Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.nagedc.com/
- Phone: 2024488005x
- Hours of Operation:
CAFE: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
LUNCH: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
BRUNCH: Saturday & Sunday 11:00am - 3:00pm
DINNER: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Bar: Daily 4pm - close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dwayne Motley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Dining Options available. Please call 202-841-3331 or email email@example.com for more information.
- Special Events: Dining Out for Life. Proceeds of Dinner Service benefit Food & Friends. For more information, visit www.foodandfriends.org
- Cross Street: 16th street
- Public Transit: METRO: Dupont Circle (2 Blocks), Farragut North (2 Blocks)
BUS: S-2 Bus A 16th and M streets
- Parking: Hotel Parking
- Parking Details: Valet offered through the Courtyard Marriott Embassy Row for $8.00. Spaces limited. Additional parking 1 Block away.
A word from Nage Restaurant
“Worth The Trip” writes The Washington Post about Nage D.C., an upscale-casual eatery with a menu based in French cooking, but with a palette of global flavors. Complimented by smart wines & fun cocktails, and an energetic bistro ambience; Nage offers an approachable dining experience driven for our guests’ enjoyment. Elegant yet affordable lunch offers either a quick bite or an impressive afternoon dining experience with sandwiches, salads, and light entrees. For dinner, signature items include Baked Oysters, Crabcakes, Seafood a la Nage, Nage’s Famous Truffled Fries, and Center Cut Ribeye. Checkout the daily features on the chalkboard for an ever-changing list of interesting menu additions. The casual eatery boasts a fabulously soothing muted red, orange, & brown decorative motif complete with hanging lamps, cozy booths, and walls painted in energetic yet subtle shades. Find out why The Georgetowner labels Nage’s food as “Shamefully Delicious Edible Concoctions”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Nage Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (18)great for brunch (14)special occasion (12)romantic (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (4)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Thoroughly enjoyed our evening!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014The food and service were excellent. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014went for restaurant week menu which they don't do on Sundays. the food was decent though not being able to order off of the restaurant week menu was a disappointment.Special Features:
- Dinner during Restaurant weekDChopperDined on 8/15/2014Myself and a couple of friends met for dinner. Two for us had the special restaurant week menu-delicious! and the others had the Lobster Mac and Cheese. I dined on Spicy Prawns, Steak and a Sundae all perfectly done. Our Server Anthony was great with suggestions and service. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurant!MollyOfCapHillDined on 8/15/2014We had a wonderful time! The food was so delicious and the service was outstanding. Highly recommend the campfire dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trout is amazingGoodlunchontimeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Nice place for good business conversation, trout is great!Special Features:
- Awesome experienceAsane101Dined on 8/14/2014First of all we were greeted nicely by a gentleman who I believe is the manager, and when I knew we were at a good restaurant. The waiter was efficient and very knowledgeable about the menu, and he served us quickly. I really like their wine selection and the ambience is just amazing. I'd definitely go back to this restaurant again and will highly recommend it...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/14/2014I tired Nage for restaurant week and I enjoyed it. The food and service was good. I enjoyed all my food. I would go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Servicecm0013aVIPDined on 8/13/2014The service here was great. Small restaurant and fairly loud. I enjoyed my food but wouldn't want to pay menu prices for it, I was there for restaurant week. Creme brulee was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough steakKateVIPDined on 8/13/2014Usually I really enjoy Nage. I find the new menu to be too limited and not very interesting. The kale salad with steak was bland and the steak was tough and lacked flavor. I was disappointed for the first time eating there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great staffWexternackDined on 8/2/2014We were in town for one night. 3 adults, a 6 year old and 4 year old. The place feels like a modern hotel restaurant, but the food was really quite good and the server and staff were personable accommodating and quite lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the suckling pig speciallocalgirlDined on 7/25/2014Had a wonderful meal at Nage. Gracious service, delicious food. We were greeted warmly at the door and low key, professional service continued throughout our evening. Creative cocktails, solid wine list, nice variety on the menu. What a gem for those staying in the attached hotel, to discover a restaurant that can complete with the best in D.C.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch option.ndkidDined on 7/18/2014Food and service were excellent. Arrive early so you can enjoy outside dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Bottomless Mimosastravel2muchDined on 7/13/2014The restaurant manager April was very friendly upon entering. Our waiter was nice, although i though he could have kept a better eye on my mimosa glass! Food was good. Decent value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but good.LexiBDined on 7/12/2014I took my boyfriend for his birthday. The staff were very pleasant and the service was great. The food came to us hot and tasty. My only complaints are that it's a little pricey and there aren't many menu options.Special Features:
- Great Lunch SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/11/2014Always a good spot for a downtown lunch. Good for business or pleasure always a strong spot for food and comfortable lunch.Special Features:
- Started off w/ a bang, then tankedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014The appetizer (BBQ oysters), Small Plate (Creole Gulf Prawns) and house salad were amazing. However, my entree (BBQ brisket) was very disappointing; it wasn't moist, tender and flavorful as expected. My friend had the Pan Seared Strip Loin, it was overcooked and dry. It wasn’t the most pleasant meal but we were able to make the best off it. I think because we were still high from the amazing apps. Unfortunately, the dessert wasn't able to make up for the mediocre entrees. We decided to share the Cobbler, that particular day, they were serving blueberry. It was so bad; we had to send it back. We ended up getting the Red Velvet Cupcake, it was ok, but it came right out of the refrigerator. It was cold and dry...womp womp...
- We keep going backjalexandriaDined on 6/21/2014We have been to Nage several times. Although it is "a restaurant in a hotel" we have found the food a service to be quite good and the prices in ling with the neighborhood. Their warm salad and their Sea Food al a Nage are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeawesomeVIPDined on 6/7/2014Great meal and top notch service, my steak was cook perfectly, the Seafood al Nage was packed with seafood, the pork belly was tender but crispySpecial Features:
- Nage was a hit w/visitorsSGinNWDCDined on 6/5/2014I had not been to Nage in over a year, during my last visit, the food was unremarkable but still priced in the "very good" category. This was a special occasion for a visiting brother and his partner and we all enjoyed the food very much. The noise level was nice and quiet, so we could visit easily. The service was a bit haphazard though cordial. I would recommend and will definitely return.Special Features:
- Second time as good as the firstcasualbruncherDined on 6/3/2014Very attentive wait staff. Even the host checked in several times to how things were. Food was very tasty. Nice array of menu options, including lots for vegetarians like myself. The "plates" are definitely big enough to be a meal of their own.Special Features:
- Nage: A Very Good RestaurantWilyBDined on 6/3/2014I had a business lunch at Nage. The restaurant is very conveniently located near Dupont Circle, there is a valet parking, the food was excellent, the special du jour was a delicious wild mushroom quiche, and one of the other guests had a kale pecorino chicken salad which was excellent too. The Pino Grigio was enjoyable. The service is prompt and courteous and the total bill is very reasonable. I would recommend Nage without any hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2014The menu looked promising, but the food was much too salty. Also, the Chilean Sea Bass was soaking with some kind of fat or oil.
- An Awesome ExperiencewalterVIPDined on 5/30/2014We had such a great time that we're going back very soon, the food was delicious and the entire wait-staff was attentive, helpful, engaging and delightful. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful spot for dinner!MerujoDined on 5/29/2014I was delighted to bring a friend for his first meal at Nage. A recent convert to vegetarianism, he was thrilledby the choices open to him, as was I. The food was terrific, the service was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was warm. I highly recommend Nage for both lunch and dinner - you'll feel welcome and leave happily satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on TargetFoodfortheSoulDined on 5/20/2014I have an occasional lunch at Nage so it was a treat to go there for an early dinner. We were not disappointed. Wonderful kale salad and two healthy crabcakes were perfect! My companion had the prawns. Service is always attentive without being annoying. We did want to take advantage of the happy hour drink prices, but were apparently in the wrong seating (which someone could have noted as we were seated, since it was 6pm and primo happy hour time). In any case it was a very nice experience as usual (but I did want a glass of wine, lol!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunchAJnDCDined on 5/18/2014Good service, good food, unlimited mimosas (5 flavors)Special Features:
- Great Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2014We celebrated a birthday at Nage & were very pleased with both the service & the food. Parking is very easy & convenient as Nage is attached to the Courtyard Marriott Hotel in Logan Circle. The hotel offers valet parking for $10.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/16/2014food disappointed--special soft shell crab overpriced and underseasonedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bistro!JRNRUDined on 5/15/2014For dinner, try to go well after happy hour as the room is small and and the bar crowd noisy. Wine list is limited, but prices are reasonable. Serving staff is fun and professional. Wife had a seafood Nage that was quite salty, but otherwise good. My pork chop was well prepared. They offered to redo the seafood Nage, but we opted for two comped desserts instead. Very fair treatment. We would recommend Nage with the caveat that one should remember it is a bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not As Good As it's Been!LawrenceofSuburbiaVIPDined on 5/11/2014This has been a go to place for us for a number of years. We've never been disappointed before. It's always been very good and very unpretentious. The Lobster Mac N Cheese has always been a signature dish for them and a must for at least one in our party. This trip it was not up to its usual standards. The recipe is quite different and we're unlikely to order it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful suprise for Hotel Rest'ntFrugalConsumerDined on 5/4/2014We were tired after a long trip and didn't feel like venturing too far from the hotel. (we were staying at a neighboring hotel) On YELP the prices seemed typical for DC and the menu looked good. Food tasted wonderful, and I haven't had a nicer waiter in a long long time.Special Features:
- Nage RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/2/2014This is a cute restaurant with diverse options on the menu, both vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The mushroom appetizer was AMAZING! The veggie burger was pretty good...not the best I've had. Sweet potato fries were excellent. Our waitress was extremely nice and funny. Definitely recommend trying this place!Special Features:
- Left waitingteachpeaceDined on 5/2/2014I've been to Nage a number of times for lunch while in the area for work. In the past, it's been perfect as I can easily get in, have lunch, and be back to meetings in plenty of time without feeling rushed or resorting to fast food. Unfortunately, it was as though they lost our order and wouldn't admit it this time. We waited at least 45 minutes after putting in our order to get our food. The restaurant wasn't packed and the kitchen should have been able to easily handle the volume. We ended up having to wolf down our food and other than an apology from the waiter, there was nothing to acknowledge the fact that the restaurant felt it had not done a proper job. I'll be looking for a new place to have lunch when in DC.Special Features:
- The following 1050 reviews are from the Nage Restaurant reviews archive.
- Stick66VIPDined on 4/30/2014I come here 4 times a year...when in town for meetings. The draw for me is the onion soup. Not sure what is in it, but it is delicious. Pulled pork on a roll I had was also very good.
- Decent foodVegetarianFoodieVIPDined on 4/25/2014I was really excited to try this restaurant after viewing their menu but was rather dissapointed in the whole experience. We wanted to order off of the happy hour, but we werent sitting at the right table, so they moved us about 20 steps away. We ordered the fries, fried tomato, Spring Pappardelle and Pan Seared Strip Loin. The fries were kind of soggy, decent flavor though. The fried tomatoes werent anything fancy, but the sauce that came with them was tasty. The Spring Pappardelle was strangely bland. My boyfriend said that the Potatoes on his steak Strip Loin were the best part of his meal. We weren't upset with the expereicne but I dont think we would go back.Special Features:
- Creative with fresh ingredientsphotronDined on 4/17/2014Fresh seasonal ingredients used for simply-prepared dishes. The chef let the natural flavors emerge from the soft-shell crab, as well as the pappardelle with ramp pesto. Service was excellent, with special attention to dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite yesNoVaFoodieDined on 4/17/2014I chose this restaurant for a quiet business lunch and was not disappointed. The food was excellent, and we were able to have a quiet conversation in a booth. However, don't write off the restaurant for other purposes. There was a large group celebrating a birthday on the other side of the restaurant from us, and these seemed to be having a lovely time. The service was friendly and professional.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/17/2014The wait staff was very accommodating and responsive.Special Features:
- An exceptional hotel restaurantrosevillefoodloverDined on 4/15/2014It was a very rainy day in D.C., so we decided to eat in our hotel. What a fantastic surprise. This restaurant is a neighborhood jewel. The food choices were excellent, and the food was well prepared. We had both breakfast and dinner in this restaurant, and both were outstanding. There were lots of choices for our vegetarian daughter, in addition to the choices for meat eaters. We would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2014We had book club at Nage. Its nice for brunch because its a bit off the beaten path so there is parking nearby. Waiter was great. Food was great. Only issue was there were a lot of large table so voices/noise level were LOUD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.