18 East First Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nabukihinsdale.com/
- Phone: (630) 654-8880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm -10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Juan Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nabuki
Located in historic downtown Hinsdale. Chef Juan and Nabuki are committed to creating edible art. Offering a fusion of innovate dishes. Chef Juan exhibits his mastery of the art of Sushi by creating traditional Japanese dishes with a Latin flare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Nabuki - Best Restaurants in Hinsdale ›
Nabuki reviews from OpenTable diners
57 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (38)fit for foodies (35)hot spot (23)vibrant bar scene (13)special occasion (12)romantic (11)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Best sushi place in western suburbsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/15/2014I have dined there at leat a half dozen times. Do I need to say more! Friendly staff and excellent sushiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great sushi spotlyndygalDined on 11/12/2014We went to Nabuki in Hinsdale on a recommendation. We loved everything we had. We got 2 orders of the special tuna crab meat sushi roll(excellent), salmon roll, scallops and asparagus dish, and the dragon roll. The wine list is great, somewhat pricy(most glasses $12 and up) but that seems par for the course these days. We were not hurried and enjoyed conversation and wine prior to ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticAnnaBananaDined on 11/6/2014First time patron and loved it for our girls night out. Everyone at my table thought the restaurant was exceptional, both the food, atmosphere and service. Can't wait to bring my husband and teenage sons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty sushi - vibrant atmosphereLeBonVieTravelsVIPDined on 11/1/2014We invited another couple out to celebrate their birthdays here in downtown Hinsdale. We all love sushi and wanted to try a new restaurant and Nabuki did not disappoint. Our server was extremely attentive and all of our choices were fresh, tasty, and innovative. I would recommend the tuna tartare served with avocado and handmade chips, mini ahi tuna tacos, tunado roll, jammin salmon roll, and there was another special spicy salmon with cream cheese and asparagus and more salmon....yes all delicious! We'll be back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food/service needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014We went with another couple and sat in the bar. Our reservations were for 6:30. Our server had a great personality but was SO busy that she was very slow to come to our table. We had to flag her down many times for a refill or to order more food. The food came out slow as well and we were given (and charged) for an item that we never ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love nabukifoodddddddDined on 10/27/2014This is one of the best sushi places I know and my family goes here at least every month. YUMMMSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great specialsNeptunaVIPDined on 10/26/2014Had only the special rolls tonight-all delicious. The restaurant continues to be freezing the last 3-4 times I have been there & have had to tell a server about it. No one asked if we wanted coffee or dessert. They were essentially cleaning up & had to wave someone over to ask for a menu. Was told that all the cooks were gone & that there were only a few items we could have. This is the 2nd time this has happened. The last time we asked for molten cake & they overcooked it-there was nothing molten about it. The chefs shouldn't leave before the restaurant closes leaving the staff to cook the dessert.Special Features:
- sushiconnasseurDined on 10/21/2014Excellent quality of food. Very fresh fish that makes best sushi. So many varieties of sushi offeredSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/19/2014I'm almost 7 months pregnant and have been craving sushi but as you know, cannot eat raw fish. Brian, our server, was able to recommend maki rolls and appetizers that had either cooked fish or crab or shrimp with all the flavor of their other amazing rolls. It was amazing! My husband got to try many other raw rolls and sushi pieces that he was in heaven with. The variety of fish and dashes of amazing flavor make this place a huge winner in our book. Everything is always so fresh. They also have amazing deserts and cocktails. This is probably the 10th time we've been to Nabuki and it continues to impress us each time.Special Features:
- Love Nabuki!MomoftwoDined on 10/5/2014Food is always amazing, specials were to die for. Service is excellent. Only drawback is it gets really loud in there so we had a hard time hearing our waitress.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first time at Nabuki, we had heard nothing but great things about it from several different people, and now we know why. It was excellent! The food was outstanding and the service was delightful. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:
- Turn down the A/C please!NeptunaVIPDined on 9/28/2014I love this restaurant & am here all the time. The last few times it has been absolutely freezing in there. I have had to ask the waiters on my last 3 trips to turn down the air conditioning. It is like sitting in an ice box. The food(excluding dessert) & wine were delicious as usual. The only problem with the food was that we order the molten cakes. The waiter told us the regular crew was gone already & that he would do the best he could. There was nothing molten about it. It wasn't even hot. It didn't taste good & I don't think we should have been charged for it.Special Features:
- Good foodOJazzVIPDined on 9/24/2014Quick attentive service yet not intrusive. Sashimi was good BT slices way too thick. Most important it was fresh. Good value as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Sushi WelcomegreenaliciousDined on 9/16/2014Four pieces of a deliciously made puzzle come together beautifully to create the Nabuki experience. 1. Shrimp dumplings to rival Chinatown. 2. Tempura perfectly fried and generously portioned. 3. Sushi to leave you dreaming of your next visit. 4. Service with speed and a smile. This sushi café is a gem tucked away in the heart of Hinsdale. Enjoy the sushi, then help yourself to a quiet walk around the neighborhood for a most relaxing visit.Special Features:
- Always fabulousNeptunaVIPDined on 9/13/2014My third visit of 4 in a week! Fabulous food. Brought a new friend, & he just went yesterday with another of his friends. I am getting everyone addicted to this restaurant. Can't get enough of it:)Special Features:
- Best Sushi!JoanneDined on 9/12/2014The food is amazing! Try the " crabby tuna" you will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Great sushi as alwaysNeptunaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Tried new things from all the special rolls today-they were delicious. The major problem was the place was freezing. Had to ask for them to turn down the AC.Special Features:
- Best SushiNeptunaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fantastic sushi. Always trying new roll specials. The old standards on the menu continue to be fantastic. The wine choices are outstanding & we had a particularly lovely pinot noir, Belle Glos, by the bottle. What was nice is that it was also available by the glass(the most expensive of their pinots). This is a week I will have had 3 dinners and 1 lunch! A bit loud & a little frenetic atmosphere tonight.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food and wait staff was amazing! Ask for Brian. Only complaint would be the noise. Lots of kids, not a place for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but just OK serviceAndreaDined on 8/25/2014The food was wonderful and I will go back for that however, the service was not good at all and I would only recommend this spot for people that don't care about service but love sushi. The last three times I have gone we had wonderful service from the time we walked in till the time we left but Monday must have been an off day (this is the first time we have gone on a Monday). I will go back but I will stay away from a weekday. We can got amazing sushi in the city with better service. We are repeat customers and we usually see a gentleman when we walk in and he is GREAT but this time we were greeted by a woman that could care less if we were there or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemRoseDined on 8/7/2014Very accommodating and understanding in spite of our late arrival. Our server had great suggestions and recommendations from both the drink and the food menus, yet was never obtrusive. The food was delicious. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeptunaNeptunaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very busy this night. Ate in the bar & waitress was a bit overwhelmed. Had to flag her down a few times to get wine & place our food order. The food always makes up for it & the fact that we were in no hurry. Excellent food. Two dinners so far in a week & a lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeptunaNeptunaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Have now been there 2 nights in a row for dinner. I usually go for lunch sometimes during the week too. I am here at least 2 times a week, if not 3. I LOVE this place. The sushi & everything on the menu is so fresh. It's a bit noisy, but I don't care. Sergio, one of the managers, is very hospitable. Love Farah, too.Special Features:
- Sushi PerfectionPhilVIPDined on 7/26/2014Nabuki is everything you want in a sushi restaurant. 1) extremely fresh ingredients 2) incredibly talented chefs (esp JP!) 3) very friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming wait-staff (esp Brian!). Their menu contains all of the classic sushi rolls and combinations that you know and love but where they really shine is with their inventive/modern take on sushi. I traveled and tasted sushi across the US/Globe and I can say that, without a doubt, this is the best sushi experience I have ever had. I implore you, instead of heading to downtown Chicago for something overpriced and mediocre, head to Hinsdale and be blown away by Nabuki; you owe it to yourself and your palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 242 reviews are from the Nabuki reviews archive.
- WineFanDined on 7/20/2014The Sushi was fresh and delicious. Service was excellent. Beautiful decor with vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okNikNakDined on 7/19/2014The sushi was ok and the tuna appetizer special was amazing, however our calamari appetizer was cooked too hard, my Chilean sea bass was over cooked, and it took a while for them to bring me another dish of scallops that were under seasoned. I probably should not have ordered anything additional. The atmosphere was good albeit a little dark in the corner booths.
- Addicted to Nabuki!NeptunaVIPDined on 7/18/2014I am seriously addicted to Nabuki. I am in there for lunch at least once a week and dinner once a week. Or else I have 2 lunches there. I even do takeout. Everything I have ever had tastes fresh and amazing. I never go any where else for sushi. It is so unique. I bring all my friends there & they are addicted too. Fabulous wines. Definitely $$$. Had dinner for 2 Friday night & it was $250. Maybe theree could be a look at the wine list prices & options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great food, great service, fun neighborhood place for the family and special occasions.Special Features:
- Love NabukiJayCDined on 6/29/2014This was our third time to Nabuki and the experience is always spectacular because of Farrah who has been our waiter each time. Of course, we specifically ask for her when we make our reservation. The food has never been disappointing and it's a great environment. Farrah is extremely pleasant, funny, talkative and knows the food and drink menus. She always makes terrific suggestions for both. Highly recommend Nabuki and specifically Farrah.Special Features:
- Bib gourmandHonestDinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great suburban sushi option. Lives up to its Michelin bib gourmand status. Had a decent amount of vegetarian options for me and plenty of seafood for my friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Maki RollsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014Nabuki is one of the best restaurants developing very imaginative and delicious maki rolls. They're also good at making up new cocktails, so its a fun place to go experience new stuff. It can be noisy and crowded as the restaurant isn't very big.
- Yummo!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Great sushi and drinks! Will definitely be back. Our Server was wonderful and very informative. I received a nice education regarding Sake, which was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nabuki gets 5 TRIPLE stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/7/2014This is my all time favorite place to eat! Food is top quality, service is excellent & the ambiance is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of control noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Incredibly loud. Impossible to have a normal conversation. The appetizers were very good.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 5/3/2014The sushi was shockingly mediocre. I've been eating sushi for over 10 years and this was no better than any random sushi bar in many neighborhoods. This place doesn't deserve the Michelin rating. The decor was nice but it was very loud. Can not recommend it and will not be back. Sorry.
- SpecialsBellyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Everytime we go here they have great sushi roll specials of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet rainy day lunchshoeshoeDined on 4/29/2014I've not seen Nabuki this quiet in a while. It was a rainy Tuesday lunch, but the staff were on their game. The presentation is always beautiful and fresh fish from Fortune Fish.Special Features:
- great sushiRK63VIPDined on 4/16/2014Brian is the guy you have to ask for. He picked our food and gave us dessert. The best waiter we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sushi!!mishaVIPDined on 3/22/2014We love Nabuki!! The sushi here is divine. We always end up ordering too much because everything is so yummy (and then my son has a midnight snack for later!)Special Features:
- Encyclopedia of SUSHI!AnnieDined on 3/19/2014I went to Nabuki for my first time the other night (being form the city, normally I go to my favorite spot there, but was willing to give the burbs a try) after my roommate recommend it. We were greeted by Brian, our waiter, a self proclaimed "Encyclopedia of Sushi" and was he ever- I would definitely recommend him to everyone!! All we had to do was tell him the sort of rolls we liked and he made DELICIOUS recommendations that were off the menu. He did not steer us wrong at all. - at one point we had 3 tuna rolls so he said that he would see if he could substitute tuna for salmon - OMG. I don't even remember was it was but it was SOOOO good. He will remember, its one if his favorites.. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.