18 East First Street
Hinsdale, IL 60521Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.nabukihinsdale.com/
- Phone: 6306548880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00pm -10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Executive Chef: Juan Perez
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Nabuki
Located in historic downtown Hinsdale. Chef Juan and Nabuki are committed to creating edible art. Offering a fusion of innovate dishes. Chef Juan exhibits his mastery of the art of Sushi by creating traditional Japanese dishes with a Latin flare.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerJapanese
Nabuki - Best Restaurants in Hinsdale ›
Nabuki reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (29)hot spot (21)great for lunch (14)vibrant bar scene (13)notable wine list (12)special occasion (10)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)romantic (8)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Love Nabuki!MomoftwoDined on 10/5/2014Food is always amazing, specials were to die for. Service is excellent. Only drawback is it gets really loud in there so we had a hard time hearing our waitress.Special Features:
- Wonderful Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first time at Nabuki, we had heard nothing but great things about it from several different people, and now we know why. It was excellent! The food was outstanding and the service was delightful. Can not wait to go back.Special Features:
- Turn down the A/C please!NeptunaVIPDined on 9/28/2014I love this restaurant & am here all the time. The last few times it has been absolutely freezing in there. I have had to ask the waiters on my last 3 trips to turn down the air conditioning. It is like sitting in an ice box. The food(excluding dessert) & wine were delicious as usual. The only problem with the food was that we order the molten cakes. The waiter told us the regular crew was gone already & that he would do the best he could. There was nothing molten about it. It wasn't even hot. It didn't taste good & I don't think we should have been charged for it.Special Features:
- Good foodOJazzVIPDined on 9/24/2014Quick attentive service yet not intrusive. Sashimi was good BT slices way too thick. Most important it was fresh. Good value as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm Sushi WelcomegreenaliciousDined on 9/16/2014Four pieces of a deliciously made puzzle come together beautifully to create the Nabuki experience. 1. Shrimp dumplings to rival Chinatown. 2. Tempura perfectly fried and generously portioned. 3. Sushi to leave you dreaming of your next visit. 4. Service with speed and a smile. This sushi café is a gem tucked away in the heart of Hinsdale. Enjoy the sushi, then help yourself to a quiet walk around the neighborhood for a most relaxing visit.Special Features:
- Always fabulousNeptunaVIPDined on 9/13/2014My third visit of 4 in a week! Fabulous food. Brought a new friend, & he just went yesterday with another of his friends. I am getting everyone addicted to this restaurant. Can't get enough of it:)Special Features:
- Best Sushi!JoanneDined on 9/12/2014The food is amazing! Try the " crabby tuna" you will not be disappointed!!!Special Features:
- Great sushi as alwaysNeptunaVIPDined on 9/10/2014Tried new things from all the special rolls today-they were delicious. The major problem was the place was freezing. Had to ask for them to turn down the AC.Special Features:
- Best SushiNeptunaVIPDined on 9/9/2014Fantastic sushi. Always trying new roll specials. The old standards on the menu continue to be fantastic. The wine choices are outstanding & we had a particularly lovely pinot noir, Belle Glos, by the bottle. What was nice is that it was also available by the glass(the most expensive of their pinots). This is a week I will have had 3 dinners and 1 lunch! A bit loud & a little frenetic atmosphere tonight.Special Features:
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food and wait staff was amazing! Ask for Brian. Only complaint would be the noise. Lots of kids, not a place for a quiet dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food but just OK serviceAndreaDined on 8/25/2014The food was wonderful and I will go back for that however, the service was not good at all and I would only recommend this spot for people that don't care about service but love sushi. The last three times I have gone we had wonderful service from the time we walked in till the time we left but Monday must have been an off day (this is the first time we have gone on a Monday). I will go back but I will stay away from a weekday. We can got amazing sushi in the city with better service. We are repeat customers and we usually see a gentleman when we walk in and he is GREAT but this time we were greeted by a woman that could care less if we were there or not.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A neighborhood gemRoseDined on 8/7/2014Very accommodating and understanding in spite of our late arrival. Our server had great suggestions and recommendations from both the drink and the food menus, yet was never obtrusive. The food was delicious. We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeptunaNeptunaVIPDined on 7/30/2014Very busy this night. Ate in the bar & waitress was a bit overwhelmed. Had to flag her down a few times to get wine & place our food order. The food always makes up for it & the fact that we were in no hurry. Excellent food. Two dinners so far in a week & a lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeptunaNeptunaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Have now been there 2 nights in a row for dinner. I usually go for lunch sometimes during the week too. I am here at least 2 times a week, if not 3. I LOVE this place. The sushi & everything on the menu is so fresh. It's a bit noisy, but I don't care. Sergio, one of the managers, is very hospitable. Love Farah, too.Special Features:
- Sushi PerfectionPhilVIPDined on 7/26/2014Nabuki is everything you want in a sushi restaurant. 1) extremely fresh ingredients 2) incredibly talented chefs (esp JP!) 3) very friendly, knowledgeable, and welcoming wait-staff (esp Brian!). Their menu contains all of the classic sushi rolls and combinations that you know and love but where they really shine is with their inventive/modern take on sushi. I traveled and tasted sushi across the US/Globe and I can say that, without a doubt, this is the best sushi experience I have ever had. I implore you, instead of heading to downtown Chicago for something overpriced and mediocre, head to Hinsdale and be blown away by Nabuki; you owe it to yourself and your palate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WineFanDined on 7/20/2014The Sushi was fresh and delicious. Service was excellent. Beautiful decor with vibrant atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okNikNakDined on 7/19/2014The sushi was ok and the tuna appetizer special was amazing, however our calamari appetizer was cooked too hard, my Chilean sea bass was over cooked, and it took a while for them to bring me another dish of scallops that were under seasoned. I probably should not have ordered anything additional. The atmosphere was good albeit a little dark in the corner booths.
- Addicted to Nabuki!NeptunaVIPDined on 7/18/2014I am seriously addicted to Nabuki. I am in there for lunch at least once a week and dinner once a week. Or else I have 2 lunches there. I even do takeout. Everything I have ever had tastes fresh and amazing. I never go any where else for sushi. It is so unique. I bring all my friends there & they are addicted too. Fabulous wines. Definitely $$$. Had dinner for 2 Friday night & it was $250. Maybe theree could be a look at the wine list prices & options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/6/2014Great food, great service, fun neighborhood place for the family and special occasions.Special Features:
- Love NabukiOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/29/2014This was our third time to Nabuki and the experience is always spectacular because of Farrah who has been our waiter each time. Of course, we specifically ask for her when we make our reservation. The food has never been disappointing and it's a great environment. Farrah is extremely pleasant, funny, talkative and knows the food and drink menus. She always makes terrific suggestions for both. Highly recommend Nabuki and specifically Farrah.Special Features:
- The following 237 reviews are from the Nabuki reviews archive.
- Bib gourmandHonestDinerVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great suburban sushi option. Lives up to its Michelin bib gourmand status. Had a decent amount of vegetarian options for me and plenty of seafood for my friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Maki RollsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/25/2014Nabuki is one of the best restaurants developing very imaginative and delicious maki rolls. They're also good at making up new cocktails, so its a fun place to go experience new stuff. It can be noisy and crowded as the restaurant isn't very big.
- Yummo!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Great sushi and drinks! Will definitely be back. Our Server was wonderful and very informative. I received a nice education regarding Sake, which was very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nabuki gets 5 TRIPLE stars!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/7/2014This is my all time favorite place to eat! Food is top quality, service is excellent & the ambiance is perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of control noisy!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Incredibly loud. Impossible to have a normal conversation. The appetizers were very good.
- DisappointingMikeVIPDined on 5/3/2014The sushi was shockingly mediocre. I've been eating sushi for over 10 years and this was no better than any random sushi bar in many neighborhoods. This place doesn't deserve the Michelin rating. The decor was nice but it was very loud. Can not recommend it and will not be back. Sorry.
- SpecialsBellyVIPDined on 5/2/2014Everytime we go here they have great sushi roll specials of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet rainy day lunchshoeshoeDined on 4/29/2014I've not seen Nabuki this quiet in a while. It was a rainy Tuesday lunch, but the staff were on their game. The presentation is always beautiful and fresh fish from Fortune Fish.Special Features:
- great sushiRK63VIPDined on 4/16/2014Brian is the guy you have to ask for. He picked our food and gave us dessert. The best waiter we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Sushi!!mishaVIPDined on 3/22/2014We love Nabuki!! The sushi here is divine. We always end up ordering too much because everything is so yummy (and then my son has a midnight snack for later!)Special Features:
- Encyclopedia of SUSHI!AnnieDined on 3/19/2014I went to Nabuki for my first time the other night (being form the city, normally I go to my favorite spot there, but was willing to give the burbs a try) after my roommate recommend it. We were greeted by Brian, our waiter, a self proclaimed "Encyclopedia of Sushi" and was he ever- I would definitely recommend him to everyone!! All we had to do was tell him the sort of rolls we liked and he made DELICIOUS recommendations that were off the menu. He did not steer us wrong at all. - at one point we had 3 tuna rolls so he said that he would see if he could substitute tuna for salmon - OMG. I don't even remember was it was but it was SOOOO good. He will remember, its one if his favorites.. I will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiKatherineDined on 3/15/2014I haven't ever ordered a meal there, but the sashimi and rolls as well as Hamachi Taradito appetizer have always been fantastic. Very fresh and delicious. I have 2 sushi places in my town but I choose to drive into Hinsdale for Nabuki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrífic!SushiFanaticDined on 2/25/2014The Stanley Cup and Mushimo rolls (both temporary items) were absolutely remarkable! Great service and finely kept restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and helpful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Waitress was fun and outgoing. She gave very good food and drink recommendations. Definitely will be a repeat costumer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/1/2014Awesome place with great food, wonderful service. We usually go in med to lg groups and they are accommodate well. Give it a try. You'll become hooked like we are.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family dinner for my birthdayBusybees317Dined on 1/25/2014We gave the chef free rein, and they didn't disappoint. A special dinner well worth the price tag, which wasn't small. Farrah rocks, both as a bar tender, server and general rabble rouser! Younger crowd, some with kids, even on early Saturday night.Special Features:
- Wonderful!WSMomVIPDined on 1/24/2014My husband and I have been wanting to try Nabuki for some time. With both kids out with friends, we decided to try Nabuki. What took us so long! Our server Brian asked us what kind of sushi do we like. We told him and then he said "I'll take care of you". And, he sure did! Every plate he brought us was delicious. This is by far the best and freshest sushi we've ever had. We cannot wait to go back again and see what Brian will bring us next!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food-far too noisyGymratDined on 1/17/2014Food is good, staff are very polite but service was very slow. My entree arrived 30 minutes before everyone one else's. The noise level is unbelievable, impossible to hold a conversation. Too many families in there so would not reccomend for a romantic dinner. If your kids love sushi it's perfect, go. For an evening with adult friends don't bother. The tables are so close together you can hear what everyone is saying. This place is loud and food is not great enough for us to tolerate it. Have also had lunch here, good food but our server interrupted us far too much. It was very annoying.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!!!RyanDined on 1/13/2014Been to Nabuki multiple times. Made a reservation through opentable had a great experience with my family. The food is amazing had the skirt steak tempature was just the way I wanted it. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best sushi!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/11/2014This is the best sushi I've had in so long!! Everything was amazing!! Drew the bartender and Farrah the waitress are excellent!! They have great recommendations on wine and are extremely attentive. I can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.