7161 Bishop Rd.
Plano, TX 75024Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.naansushi.com/
- Phone: 9729439288
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private.
A word from NAAN Sushi
NAAN Sushi has received Four Stars from Dallas Morning News and 10 Best New Restaurants of 2003. NAAN brings together, for the first time in Dallas, traditional Korean cuisine with a cool modern decor that fits into the neighborhood with assurance and a sense of style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
NAAN Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (5)fit for foodies (4)romantic (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for lunch (2)special occasion (2)good for groups (1)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- A VERY NICE EVENING...topdogdiningDined on 8/12/2014We requested a seat on the patio to enjoy people watching and the energy of the location. We thoroughly enjoyed the food and service on this first visit to this restaurant. The Sea Bass was a huge success. The "Crispy 1/2 Quail" was not very crispy, but it was tasty. If it were crispy it would make a signature dish. The Mango Cheesecake was great. And the Banana Won Ton dessert is divine!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MD001Dined on 8/12/2014The food was delicious, great atmosphere and our server, Brad, was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Legacy shopsmichelletravelsDined on 7/18/2014We ate dinner outside because the weather was fantastic. We then walked over to Sambuccas to dance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday nightobergEWDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I went to Naan for the first time on a Friday night at 7:30 and the first thing that surprised us was that it was pretty empty. Our impression before going was that it was upscale, but we found this was not the case; other patrons were in flip flops and cut-off shirts. Mixed feelings about the food. We really like the ahi tuna tower and squid salad, but the spicy seafood soup lacked flavor and had low quality seafood in it.
- sushi good chairs uncomfortableplano7Dined on 6/14/2014The sushi was good, but outdoor dining uncomfortable. The xhairs are so uncomfortable you can't sit back at all. Tables extremely small too, service was lacking as well. It was good that we were able to get a table immediately outside because there was hardly anyone there which was surprising for a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SushiTommyODined on 5/27/2014Food and service were great, as always, however we were freezing inside. Probably due to the fact that not a lot of people were in the restaurant at the time we were there.Special Features:
- Good foodLuvQualityFoodDined on 5/17/2014The experience was good. Good service and the sashimi was fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to Eat While Kids PlayJohnParkVIPDined on 4/26/2014If you're looking for a place with decent sushi where you can eat your lunch and let the kids play freely around your table, this is it. The exotic exterior facade doesn't do justice to the strip mall interior, and you can't put a price on the adventure of ordering Hamachi and getting a California roll instead. Most of all, we enjoyed time to spare while the kids played because when they say "hand-crafted sushi," they mean hand-crafted. It took so long that I thought they must have hand-crafted each grain of rice, polishing it to perfection while listening to Laotian karaoke, just barely audible over the exuberant screams of the children set free to wander. Bon appetit!! (This review's attempt at humor is only a slight exaggeration).Special Features:
- The following 154 reviews are from the NAAN Sushi reviews archive.
- Sushi with FlairTorkDined on 4/20/2014For some Texas inspired sushi experience Naan is a great find. Service is good and the various rolls modified to the Texan taste is great.Special Features:
- Not quite the sameScotth17Dined on 3/29/2014It's apparent there are some growing pains with the change in ownership. Experience wasn't as good as in the past.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/9/2014My wife, children and I dined here on a Sunday afternoon. It was busy with energitc young adults and several adult couples. While this is not the best place for children, NAAN has burgers on the menu that satisfied the kiddos. As for my wife and I, we were COMPLETELY SATISFIED with everything we ordered, seafood fried rice, the Hawian plate, the SMU roll and the LSU roll. The SMU roll was outstanding! The service was fantastic. The waiter was very attentive to the needs of my children and very knowledgeable. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SurpriseRookieFoodieDined on 1/11/2014My wife and I haven't been out in a while due to raising a family, but we forced ourselves to venture out with some friends and hang out. I was very pleased with Naan, the service was great, the portions were adequate, and atmosphere was vibrant. I would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillLive2eatVIPDined on 12/24/2013Been frequenting Naan for years and this was by far the most disappointing experience. The sushi was sub par . The Korean favorites like Kal Bi and Bulgogi have been removed from the menu and the service was underwhelming (two waiters fighting over our table in front of us) and the overall vibe of the place was lifeless. The bar even managed to screw up a vodka tonic. I was told by our waiter they were under going changes based on new ownership so I'll check back in awhile to see if that's accurate. If not I will be checking Naan off my list
- Great Sushi in a Vibrant VillageOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2013I really enjoyed the sushi at Naan. They had many of my favorites like Rainbow Roll and Spider Roll but also a few specials that had great taste and flavor. The atmosphere is beautiful and classy while the service was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentljoyVIPDined on 10/22/2013Naan Sushi continues to serve very fresh, tasty food. The service is generally efficient and helpful. There are gluten free options if needed.Special Features:
- Naan not as good as the last visitJCHoppyVIPDined on 9/28/2013We were somewhat disappointed this time around .... I have "high sushi standards" and I especially expect great things if you are truly billed as a sushi restaurant. The snow crab was tasteless and a bit mushy, the Unagi was not so flavorful and the rolls we got were fine but nothing special..... featuring anything tuna and salmon to octopus - all things I love but just not so stellar.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 1st experiencenewlyveganDined on 9/27/20131st time eating here and hearing about it. Great food and even better service. Stayed longer than expected but very good staff except hostess was a standoffish. The rest of the staff was great though. Food was great too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots to choose fromforeverfoodieDined on 9/24/2013They have something for everyone and great Happy Hour options and prices!Special Features:
- Excellent!HipDinersDined on 8/10/2013We love this place! The sushi practically melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would never recommend thisSCAMMEDDined on 7/29/2013I would never recommend this restaurant for my family or others. They advertise as a Korean/Japanese restaurant and have a Korean menu on their website, but when you go there, the menu is different with no Korean food listed. They use this scam to get customers in as they did to me. It completely ruined a Korean birthday celebration. I made the manager aware and you can read my review under "NAAN."
- Great time!PjllkVIPDined on 7/18/2013Our serve was awesome - all her suggestions were great!!Special Features:
- First Time for Bad Service at NAANBrookeKVIPDined on 5/12/2013I am a regular at the plano NAAN location. I usually love their weekend brunch and ladies night. I made reservations for my family on Mother's Day this past weekend, and have to say that for the first time I"m extremely disappointed. We waited at least 10 minutes before I finally asked the bartender to send a server to our table (even though it was Mother's Day, there were many empty tables and it definitely wasn't busy enough to constitute no one coming to even take our drink order for 10 minutes). When the server, Stephen, finally came over he didn't introduce himself (I asked for his name) and literally said "So...did you want anything to drink other than water?". He was rude, and so was the female manager that I then called over.
- Identity crisisVicCruzDined on 5/3/2013First time eating at Naan - menu is too complicated for what is offered; biggest push was for the variety of specialty rolls named after various colleges. Menu also had a large selection of hot entrees but this is confusing as I felt that the place is trying to please too many people. We had both sushi and hot entrees and both were average; perhaps if they focused on doing one thing well, sushi or asian casual dining, they could excel at it. High point was our waiter whose entertaining sense of humor helped the situation. I am not likely to go back.
- They were out of the sakiOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013They were out of the saki and the wine that our table ordered. It took over 15 minutes to refill our drink order. The food was good, but the service was terrible.
- The sushi was very good asOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/20/2013The sushi was very good as always. We have been to both of the Naan restaurants and the atmosphere in Uptown is more inviting than the Plano location. The Plano location is very nice but not the same vibe. Loved the food and the location in the Shops at Legacy.
- Great service and really niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/6/2013Great service and really nice server. The rolls were great and enjoyed the wine.Special Features:
- Good rolls!McMarcusVIPDined on 3/17/2013The pros are that you find good produce on their food, some rolls are very good, you will have to find your favorites. Their tempura shrimp & vegetables is average. The cons, their wine by the glass is very bad, I had a hot sake and had to take a couple of aspirins for a headache. Of course you can order more expensive wines & sake. Their "main roll" NAAN, comes with a sauce bed, that completely dominates the flavor, I personaly did not like it. Good ambiance, nice decoration.Special Features:
- The food is always fabulousSrbextDined on 3/9/2013The food is always fabulous at Naan and the sushi selections are outstanding. Our server was very efficient, friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:
- Great food but the food portionsHelenDined on 2/23/2013Great food but the food portions are small compared to other restaurants
- By far my favorite place toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013By far my favorite place to eat sushi. It is always fresh! Fun place to go.Special Features:
- Skip this placeJohnDined on 1/23/2013The Sushi was over priced and too much vinegar in the sushi rice. You would think for such high prices they would have their act together. Our server was mediocre and when asked to box up our leftovers she broight us a box to do it ourselves. Again at these prices I expected better service. There are way better sushi restaurants in Dallas.
- First visit to Naan and IOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013First visit to Naan and I won't be going back. Poor service, cold appetizers, overpriced Sushi and a general lack of ambience all contributed to a less than memorable night in a noisy and soulless environment. There is a large bar area overlooking the restaurant and I would suggest that the only reason anyone goes here is to be ‘seen’ in the ever popular shops at legacy, with so many better Japanese / Sushi restaurants available locally I can this is probably what keeps NAAN in business.Special Features:
- Took my daughter for ChristmasOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 12/24/2012Took my daughter for Christmas eve dinner. Nice neighborhood, trendy atmosphere. Had the Baylor Bear Roll and the Naan something roll. Both were very good and would order again. I remember correctly, Miso Soup was the only soup on the menue and there really wasn't anything in the way of dessert. Had the beef salad which was very good. Had beef dumplings sauteed and they were very good. Happy hour prices were very reasonable. We did not have any alcohol because my duaghter is underage, but they had some interesting specialty shots that I want to go back and try like the Uni Shooter with quail egg.Special Features:
- Great Sushi at Shops of Legacy!!StanVIPDined on 12/7/2012Edamame and steamed dumplings were great to start. Enjoyed several spicy rolls, as well. Beware of the Devil Roll:-) Beautiful holiday lights at Shops of Legacy for a nice walk after dinner.Special Features:
- It was a nice dinner. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/1/2012It was a nice dinner. The food was great. Our server seemed alittle out if it and was not very friendly.Special Features:
- Sushi was excellent and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/20/2012Sushi was excellent and atmosphere was very soothing. My girlfriend brought me here for my birthday and we both really enjoyed it. It's the best sushi we've had in Plano.Special Features:
- Beware of the waiters tryingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/12/2012Beware of the waiters trying to upsell you. Everything we ordered the waiter would tell us that he wouldn't recommend it and would of course recommend something on the premium menu. Before we were even finished eating our second roll, the waiter scooped up our plates and silverware, asking us if we wanted dessert. Nope...only our plates back and the menu to order more rolls. Don't waste your time here...Blue Fish and RA are where you should go.
- Service at the Plano locationOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/29/2012Service at the Plano location is a lot better than the one in Dallas. But not that much better. Not sure why they cannot get the service thing down. The sushi is good in general.
- Solid sushi - Happy hour specialsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2012Solid sushi - Happy hour specials make it a good value. Offers Groupon at times too. If you take advantage of happy hour or Groupon, it's worth the trip.
- Great weekday happy hour specials!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/27/2012Great location at the Shops at Legacy with tables for outdoor dining. Many unique sushi rolls, happy hour specials, and dinners for those who don't care for just sushi. The tuna tower is a great appetizer along with the pork spare rib kabobs!Special Features: