440 W. Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.n9ne.com/
- Phone: 3125759900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm Dinner Monday - Thursday 5:30pm - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm. Closed Sundays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: N9NE Steakhouse sizzles with visual flash and award winning cuisine. Accolades abound over 12+ years in Chicago. Conde Nast Traveler exclaimed "one of the hottest places to eat in the entire world." AOL City's Best recently voted N9NE "one of the best 3 fine dining restaurants in Chicago."
- Private Party Contact: Julie Zerega 8886522588
- Special Events: From corporate outings to wedding receptions, with our event space you can plan private parties for 15-800 people.
A word from N9NE Steakhouse
N9NE Steakhouse mixes the best elements of a classic Chicago steakhouse with a contemporary American flair in both the menu and design. With recent awards such as 2011 and 2012 Michelin Recommended, and being named the Best Steakhouse in the City of Chicago by AOL City's Best 2010, N9NE is sure to meet and exceed the culinary expectations of any palate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
N9NE Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- N9neKordVIPDined on 6/5/2013Food was great, but the restaurant was empty all night!!!!!
- In town for businessOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/31/2013Everything was great- food, ambience. Server was fantastic but hostess kind of standoffish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steak and wine list.alamoVIPDined on 5/6/2013Great steak and wine list. A bit on the expensive side. Very much the place for a power meal.
- Our waiter took a long timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/4/2013Our waiter took a long time taking our order. Its like he forgot about us. The food was good. The ambience was ok. I dont like I will be going back.Special Features:
- Quite enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/4/2013Took my wife early for Mothersday/Birthday. We both loved the food. After saving up, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner!Pondy5Dined on 5/4/2013It has been years since my husband and I have been to N9NE, but the food was just as excellent as we remembered. What we were surprised about was how empty it was! It is a large restaurant and I don't think it was even half-full. We probably had dinner on the early side (we had a show to catch), but it was a fairly leisurely dinner so certainly by the time we left there should have been more people there. It just concerns us because this really is a fantastic place and we don't want to see it close. Everything we ordered, from the drinks and appetizers to the desserts was phenomenal. And the service was perfect - just scarce enough to allow us our romantic dinner while making sure we had everything we needed. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/24/2013The food was excellent, but the service was slow. We had to wait a long time to order coffee & dessert, then had to ask a busboy for the check.
- M. WhiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013N9NE Steakhouse proved to be a great choice for my husband and I to celebrate our third wedding anniversary. The staff was excellent and the food was delicious. The atmosphere was upscale-modern and very comfortable. The bar is in the center of the dining room making the space More relaxed. I loved that we got to dress up without the stuffy feeling.Special Features:
- I hadn't been to N9NE in aOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013I hadn't been to N9NE in a couple of years and a friend from out of town wanted to go. We were very surprised/disappointed by the changes we witnessed. Specifically, we were used to hearing low-key dance music in the background, but what was playing while we were there was very loud club music with offensive lyrics. The music was fine for a non-dinner setting. People felt the need to get up and dance at their tables, like they were in a club. We had to ask the manager to turn the music down! Not what one would expect from a restaurant where you are paying upwards of $50 for a steak. The food was decent. I likely won't be back.Special Features:
- This restaurant remains oneExcellentVIPDined on 4/17/2013This restaurant remains one of Chicago's Finest! The food and service aree wonderful.Special Features:
- I was thoroughly pleased withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013I was thoroughly pleased with my visit to N9ne. I could really see myself coming back soon.Special Features:
- getting long in the tooth...DevilDuckDined on 4/13/2013While I have eaten here before over the years I truly recognize how dated its concept has become for a restaurant that carries such a high reputation. The bright spot of this restaurant is the skill and experience of its wait staff. Stepping through its Parthenon inspired entry one gets the general feeling of stepping back in time 15 years where the faint sounds of boy bands reside. While the price structure of this menu harks of classic gourmet steakhouse this experience was very sub par compared to the meals I have enjoyed in the past. The menu is both dated and the food was not of the quality one would expect as my wife's filet looked a little worse for wear, and my Amish chicken screeched of bland church house baked chicken.Special Features:
- As always, wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 4/6/2013As always, wonderful food and wonderful service. This is always a great place to celebrate my birthday.Special Features:
- Love the food--and the chefPattyVIPDined on 4/4/2013Love the food--and the chef was very accommodating with a salad choice allowing me to avoid allergens. Love this place!Special Features:
- This place is always solidOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 4/2/2013This place is always solid but this last trip the service was slightly slow. Definitely an aberration though - this restaurant is highly recommended.
- Fantastic place for specialOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/30/2013Fantastic place for special occasions. My wife and I have been here for several of our anniversaries. Most notably our nineth. It is not cheap but if love great steaks then this is the place to go. Service was excellent. On our anniversary I ordered flowers which were already sitting on the table when we arrived. My wife loved the touch! Can't wait for the next special occasion.Special Features:
- Phenomenal disasterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2013this was once a great albeit pricey place for excellant everything. EVERYTHING seems to have fallen apart. We had very early pre-opera reservations, so there was not a big crowd (surprizing since most other Opera House top restaurants were packed.). Service was the worst, laziest, and poorly trained that I've EVER experienced in any so called "Quality establishment)! My guests and I had to repeatedly ask for things, over and over....simple things...and the wait staff was so lackidasical and downright lethargic!!! Food was bearly enjoyable, if at all....EVERYTHING looked like it had been "under warming lights way too long" And there were only a few tables to serve....makes no sense! Lamb chops were gristly, sliced tomatoes were not ripe.
- The food and staff are superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/22/2013The food and staff are superb! I've been to many fine steakhouses across the country and n9ne has by far been in my top 3 for years. This restaurant never fails to provide a great experience from the minute I step in. Thank you n9ne-Chicago.Special Features:
- The food was excellent asOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013The food was excellent as well as the ambiance. Great for a couples night out!!!Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekChopped33Dined on 3/21/2013Went to N9NE during restaurant week and it was fantastic... My daughter (7yrs old) came along and our waiter went above and beyond to make her experience memorable. The food was great, I will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Average at BestOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2013For a place that specializes in steak I would think this would be a great item from their menu, and it was the worst thing I had. Appetizers were good, but I don't think I would go back. I was disappointed to say the least. Our server was what made our dinner actually enjoyable, even with average at best food.
- Monday nights are slow nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/18/2013Monday nights are slow nights for restaurants so I'm not sure how more demanding times are, however this is a great time for a quieter, more cozy experience with close friends or a special someone. The service is just as attentive and makes you feel at ease, without appearing over anxious or bored on a slow night. Will not be afraid to try a busier time, but I like the ease and low crowd of a Monday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CharmingCharVIPDined on 3/18/2013Truly delightful food and experience. Each person that you encountered ensured that we had the optimal dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite ExperienceCharVIPDined on 3/18/2013Each component of service was executed with class and grace. The food was delicious. I will return on a regular basis and suggest N9ne to other individuals to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an outstanding venue for aFresserVIPDined on 3/18/2013an outstanding venue for a business lunch. A beautiful roomwith nice service and a friendly staff.Special Features:
- Had a nice time here - serviceNeverpickyDined on 3/16/2013Had a nice time here - service was awesome - everyone from the host/hostess to the wait staff and the bus boys, but the food was just "ok". There are incredible steak houses in this city so you need to shine when it comes to steaks. For example, our table split a bunch of entrees but the ribeye was beyond fatty...it should be more marbled than other pieces of meat, but this thing was all fat and the chef never should have cooked it - felt like I was eating something from a truck stop.Special Features:
- Waiter was extremely goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/2/2013Waiter was extremely good - the hosts could use an attitude adjustment.
- Great place to eatModaddy99Dined on 3/2/2013The service was awesome and the food was off the chart. The Filet Mignon was cooked to perfection. This was a friendly dinner amongst married couples and it was an unbelievable night. We never had to wait for anything.Special Features:
- N9NE #1 Top Steak HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/28/2013Always a great experience at N9NE! Food is consistently outstanding, service always top!Special Features:
- The service staff was exceptionalJillDined on 2/28/2013The service staff was exceptional offering us great service and acknowledged that both in party were not impressed with the Lobster bisque. As most restaurants are loud, the middle of N9NE was no exception. I truly wish something could be down to tone down the noise factor, everywhere is just LOUD today. Will visit again in the future, good location and price points for lunch.Special Features:
- Sad to see it go!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/27/2013What a great place for a special occasion! They had a black miso cod that was to die for...and one of the reasons why I loved this restaurant so much! The service was always professional and right on point! It's too bad it went under:(Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Are you serious it was deadSusanVIPDined on 2/25/2013Are you serious it was dead & we sat at the bar and we were the only ones there bartender was more engaged in her magazine & coffee. Only conversation we had was what we ordered little did she know we live in bldg & didn't even ask if we wanted another drink. No thank you for dining with us or anything. There's too may other restaurants to dine in, in this city! Won't ever go back & we can crawl there! Food was pretty blah.
- N9NE is a 10 for STEAKOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/23/2013Back in yearly trip to Chicago for business and was going to go to Smith/Wollensky's again. Heard several people make comments that their quality had gone down and many recommended N9NE. Made reso and the overall experience was remarkable. Our server (Manny?) has been there since they opened and provided us with phenomenal service. My Filet was literally the best I have ever had and I spent 20 years in the restaurant/steakhouse business. The tuna apps, sides, dessert, wine--all best of class.Special Features:
- excite my tasteitzsoezeDined on 2/23/2013Great dining experience, Rafael and wait staff was outstanding. Steak is their expertise and regarding that all I will say is "KOBE".Special Features:
- Poor quality of food and cookingWikaDined on 2/15/2013I ordered a $52 steak, and it was under cooked and very tough. I had to send it back twice before they cooked it to my request - medium +.
- This is one of my favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/15/2013This is one of my favorite restaurants. It is a little too expensive for me to enjoy very often, but when I go, I am always pleased. My fiance and I went for Valentine's Day and the food was outstanding for the most part. The only downside was that my fiance's steak was a little overcooked, great flavor though.Special Features:
- After all of the rave reviewsOakBrookLuncherVIPDined on 2/13/2013After all of the rave reviews I had heard and read of N9NE, I was frankly disappointed with our dinners. Service was exceptional. Our waiter was friendly, efficient and very helpful. The food was just okay. Nothing great, nothing awful. There are so many great restaurantes in Chicago, I'd go elsewhere before returning.Special Features:
- after 5pmOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/12/2013Good for a place to meet friends after 8hr work shift.Special Features:
- Portions were small. FoodSurprisedDined on 2/9/2013Portions were small. Food was delicious. Night club is above restaurant and has opening in wall so you can hear the music.
- Awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/9/2013The service was absolutely atrocious. We sat there for a good 20 minutes before a waiter took our order. The manager had to offer us drinks because he realized that we had not been helped, and even after that we were ignored for another 10 minutes or so. The food was mediocre. Certainly nothing to write home about. The desserts were great. But at the end of the meal, we again had to wait a good 20 minutes for our absent waiter to bring the check. He did not even check on us during the meal. It may have just been one server's bad night, but it's enough to keep us from coming back.