Mythos Greek Restaurant
2 Waterview Road
West Chester, PA 19382Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
Mythos Greek Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://mythosgreekrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4848870513
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Executive Chef: Kosta Tzumakaris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Dancing, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Our goal is to make sure to each event, whether it is a Corporate office event or a Private event, we will bring our Greek hospitality and make sure that your event runs smoothly and without a hitch.
~Custom Designed Menus. Ask for our catering manager for more details.
- Entertainment: Our Greek nights will get the "OPAA" out of you!
A word from Mythos Greek Restaurant
Mythos is the perfect place for lunch, business meetings and intimate dinner events. Serving the freshest and only authentic Greek food in West Chester, PA. We love where we live and live to celebrate both our location and our ingredients, from the land, air and sea. Mythos is our interpretation of the best we have come to know in the Greek culture of family where it is best and most often celebrated, at the dinner table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mythos Greek Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Consistently excellent foodBridgegalDined on 5/16/2014We have been eating here for years and have never been disappointed. We have also lived vacationed in Greece and lived there so we know Greek food. Mythos does it right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 5/10/2014We went to Greece in 2011 and loved everything about it including the food. This restaurant has the classics and we especially enjoyed the saganaki.Special Features:
- Where the Greeks GoSubukaiVIPDined on 5/4/2014This is as authentic as it's going to get in West Chester, PA. Excellent, authentic Greek dishes and diners speaking Greek to the owners. I love to cook, so I do not dine out enough to be considered a regular at any restaurant, but if I was going to pick a neighborhood spot to frequent more often, this might be it. It's BYOB with a reasonable corkage fee (never mind the sad little glasses... just don't bring a bring prized wine). I wish the restaurant was busier, but only because I want it to thrive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Food and Service!!MimidDined on 4/19/2014Great dining experience, the food was amazing everything we had was wonderful. We will be returning soon.Special Features:
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/29/2014The food was delicious & had a good server. Came out as a girls night. Plan to come back & bring spouses.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek FoodSparklingDragonflyDined on 3/22/2014This taverna style Greek restaurant has a comfortable low-key atmosphere with live Greek music some nights. The food was delicious - simple dishes like the chicken oreganata and the tzatziki stand out as they are thoughtfully seasoned. We also enjoyed the shrimp with garlic which, while listed as an appetizer, was certainly enough for a small main course. The flaming saganaki will be a hit with all Greek foodies! We would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Greek food and musicdon23VIPDined on 3/15/2014we made a 7:30 pm Saturday nite reservation somewhat expecting a quiet dinner. Instead we were treated to live, authentic Greek music. the food was excellent and the nite was a a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food at reasonable pricesDianeVIPDined on 3/8/2014The food was as outstanding as always. Our server was attentive and the meal was served at a nice pace, not pressuring us to move along quicker than we wanted to.Special Features:
- Enjoyed a casual mealOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/1/2014It's not easy to find and it's a very casual atmosphere but the food was very good!
- second time a charmmushDined on 2/22/2014Our second dinning experience was as good as the first -great food, nice people, and fun time. Will return again. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Dinner @ MythosLivingSocialUsersDined on 2/16/2014We both love Greek cuisine so my husband and I had our Valentine Dinner at Mythos. We both opted for Gyro platters, which happens to be my personal favorite. We saw some other diners enjoying a flaming cheese appetizer called "Saganaki" and decided to give it a try! It was delicious,as was the rest of the meal.Special Features:
- Greek salad terriblejaxbrigDined on 2/15/2014A Greek restaurant with a poorly prepared Greek salad! Not one, twice but consistent with a poorly presented salad. Food is ok. Diner food - basic.
- Overall nice experienceCaitlinDined on 2/15/2014I brought my boyfriend here for Valentine's day and it was nice. He loved his food (he got the sampler of sea food stuffed with crab), and my chicken kebob was pretty average, not too flavorful but was juicy. The bread they served was nice, but the dipping oil was severely underseasoned and bland. I got bougatsa for dessert, and I wasn't too happy with it because it was served kind of cold (traditionally it is served warm). Our waiter was really nice, Greek, and totally helpful. The pricing isn't too bad for a nice restaurant.Special Features:
- We loved it.mushDined on 2/15/2014First time customers. We do not like the mid range fast food restaurants i.e. Olive Garden, Red Loster ect..... We like small quaint places. Mythos was the perfect enviroment. My wife is hearing impared so the noise level was not over bearing. Food selection very good. My wife is a veg. and she loved your eggplant - noted best she ever had. ( mind you, my wife is a very good cook.) I am a sea food lover - had grouper with crab meat - out of this world. Melted in mouth. Service was vey good, kind and friendly. Informed some of our friends about Mythos- we will be back again this weekend. Thank you - we love it..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening outMikeDined on 2/14/2014Always great food at Mythos, pleasant and efficient service. Excellent traditional dishes as well as great seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, with a comfortableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Great food, with a comfortable atmosphere, all at a reasonable price. What's not to like!Special Features:
- Clean and FriendlyGretchenDined on 2/14/2014The staff was extremely friendly - it's a family run operation. It may just be I'm not a fan of Greek food -.They have large portions great for family and groups - there is plenty of room. The food is rather bland and the presentation lacks any style. We ordered the Greek sausage for apps - nice enough and plenty. For dinner we ordered the chicken and rice soup which was a bit gummy and very bland with no flavor. The pork chop dish we ordered was bland, and we asked for it to be cooked 'tender' which it was not. It was chewy with no flavor. There were simply two lumps of meat on the plate - and the potato side came in another plate which again did not have any flair. Maybe add the side to the same plate - so the meat doesn't look so lonely?Special Features:
- Great Out of the Way findOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/14/2014Like Mythos very much, great Greek selections at a reasonable price and BYOB. Had a great Valentine's dinner there, has one of the sampler dishes with Mousaka, gyro, Spanakopita, etc as well as baklava for dessert and a great chicken lemon soup. Paired with a good bottle of wine, you can't beat it. Enough to bring home and great, very attentive service by the wait staff and the owners. We've been here often and love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Live music on SaturdaysStephanieDined on 2/8/2014The live music, which was not to our liking was extremely loud. We asked for it to be turned down twice but it never was. The music was a keyboard player who sang Greek songs which would have been fine if it was more quiet. No one could hear each other. If you go, be sure to check out the back of the huge menu. We completely missed it and it's all the Greek specialties.
- SLOW serviceCurlyDined on 2/8/2014This was my first time at Mythos. We made a reservation, but I don't believe that they even checked the list. They were extremely busy & just squeezing in tables where they could fit them. Our waitress took fifteen minutes to even get to our table. The next time we saw her was when our meal was served about 45 minutes later. Next time after that was when she brought our bill. We were there about 1 hour and 45 minutes. I had the moussaka with a salad and lemon potatoes. The salad was not so great. No olives or feta cheese. But the Moussaka and potatoes were very good. We are going to try it one more time as we enjoyed the food. Hope that the slow service was just a result of a extremely crowed room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service was spottySatnitedinerVIPDined on 2/1/2014The food was good as usual. The server was new and really didn't know how to wait a table. Took 30 mins just to get the soup and that was only after I asked him for it. He became more attentive after that. Would still return. Best Greek food around.Special Features:
- Hidden TreasureMartinDined on 1/17/2014This is one of the genuine best places to dine for any occasion. The food is outstanding and the service could not be better, and it is BYOB. What more can one ask? As the word gets around, one will need a reservation at all times. It is still a secret, but that will change. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good Greek RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Family of 4 with 2 kids under 5. They had kids menu, the pasta with red sauce was very good for them. I had the lamb shank which was cooked great, but could have used some more spices on the meet. We also had the sampler platter with (spelling will be butchered) Pastichio, Moussaka, Spanakopita, and gyro lamb. The spanakopita had almost no cheese and was disappointing. The lamb was excellent along with the Moussaka. We'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 12/27/2013We had a great lunch there and returned the next night with family of 10 here for the holidays. Both meals were amazing. Lunch was quiet and quite good... grilled octupus is amazing. The next night they had live greek music and food fit for 5 year olds to 50 year olds. The whole family loved it. Try the broiled calamari with crabmeat or the lamb.Special Features:
- Great greekGigi44Dined on 12/24/2013Much to select from. Frm flaming cheese to custard filled phyllo dessert all was excellent. A little hard to locate, need sign right on rte. 3. Will def. return!Special Features:
- Reliably DeliciousJodieDined on 12/22/2013Mythos is one of our local favorites. The Octapadi Salat (sp?) is something I regularly crave. Great pita, bronzino whole fish, and BYOB. We get there at least 6x /year. My first taste of Greek cuisine--our whole family loves eating there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek StyleOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/20/2013Our second visit in a month matched the first - good raw materials prepared in the style of a Greek taverna. Lots of herbs, oil and lemon...on everything. The avgolemono is excellent and very hot (my personal requirement for good soup of any sort). Fresh salads. The "rack of lamb" came as lamb chops, barely the requested medium rare in a sea of oil,herbs and lemon. Sides are simple and not all that Greek. We will go back, but the Mediterranean in town in West Chester has more middle-eastern dishes such as tabouli, hummus, labni, baba ganujh and falafel. The octopus on the first visit was a single piece of tentacle, a good 2" in diameter - a real bruiser! On the second visit a more modest sized tentacle was sliced. Both were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service. Very attentiveCookieDined on 11/30/2013Excellent service. Very attentive without overdoing it. Food was hot and made as we requested. Bread is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was tasty , Service wasLuciDined on 11/16/2013Food was tasty , Service was very good. Nice entertainment. Would have liked to see more lamb dishes. Prices were reasonable and I would recommend it to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great ValueChoochDined on 11/2/2013We always enjoy Mythos and cannot understand why it is not a mob scene. Do not hesitate... this place has outstanding authentic Greek food, Good service, BYOB, very reasonable prices... can't wait to go back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We thought the food was outstandingdiningdiva1Dined on 10/26/2013We thought the food was outstanding.. We both had grouper stuffed with Crabmeat and the fish was so fresh and well prepared and our waiter was outstanding. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Little Off-the-Beaten PathTwoProfsDined on 10/26/2013Mythos is located in a spot that is EASY to pass without seeing. It's not in, or even close to, the vibrant scene in downtown West Chester. But it is absolutely a GEM. The service is friendly and efficient; it's the food that makes it, though. From the dolmades to dessert, everything was prepared properly. And it's a BYOB!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysCmoreverdeDined on 10/26/2013Good thing I have to drive an hour to get here (and it is worth it), or I would be fat, fat, fat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Authentic Greek foodPattDined on 10/12/2013Best Authentic Greek food this side of the Aegean.lSpecial Features:
- greek food enthusiastpaulatDined on 9/27/2013Mythos brings back memories of vacationing in Greece. The food is authentic and delicious!Special Features:
- great foodjanetDined on 9/22/2013The food is consistently delicious and there are showy dishes such as cheese flambe that's fun too. I often see groups there. Looking forward to them bringing back live entertain friday nights=- maybe dancing too!!!Special Features:
- Now a favorite ...RaymondDined on 9/20/2013I want to tell others about this place so more people will come and it will stay open. However, not TOO many people, so it will stay a hidden gem in West Chester. Really, really, really good authentic Greek food served by, er, Greeks!!! Who better to know how to cook it just right?!?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2013Mythos is in the greater West Chester, PA area which has an abundance of fine restaurants. Greek food is either very run of the mill or outstanding with nothing in-between. We have eaten here several times. I ordered the Greek Sampler and my wife the Chicken Shish Kabob. We split the Greek Sampler and took the Shish Kabob home. We both liked everything that was included in the Sampler. We had the Shish Kabob before so we know that will be good. We were disappointed that they no longer have an online menu. We never go to a restaurant without previewing their menu. We were comfortable making an exception for Mythos because we are repeat customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Mini Trip to the Greek IslesTheMicroVacationerDined on 8/20/2013Relaxing ambiance, excellent, knowledgable staff and authentic cuisine that lifts you right into the pictures of Greece on the walls. Do not leave without tasting the fresh tomato "red sauce" with feta, olive oil and spices!!! Can't take a vacation to the Aegean? Try one evening at Mythos!Special Features:
- We will go backkwkskiDined on 8/18/2013Excellent authentic food, friendly service, modestly decorated for good family dining atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.