Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
415 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (223)scenic view (202)kid-friendly (194)fit for foodies (119)good for groups (104)special occasion (100)romantic (64)hot spot (45)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (26)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- In the middle of an amusement park.raffermVIPDined on 9/13/2014...it is ofte tough to find "real food." But Mythos fit the bill. The food has a decidedly Mediterranean feel. But the Mahi Mahi was delicious--sweet and flavorful. My Vegan daughter's pad Thai was just to her liking--a bit of a kick to it! The lemon vinaigrette on the mixed greens salad was sweet, but with the bitter greens made for a wonderful starter. The rest of the table ordered fish tacos and pad Thai with chicken and shrimp--both complimented the server. For meal of this proportion in an amusement park---the bill was reasonable and service pleasant. I recommend!Special Features:
- Nice for theme park lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014The theming of this restaurant is awesome. The food, while leagues better than the typical hamburgers and fries served elsewhere, was really just above average. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, which was good but the fish was slightly overcooked. My bf ordered the beef medallions medium and they came out well, well done. The server was very attentive during our time there and very apologetic when we showed her the well done medallions. She was able to provide us with a discount. They also offered a drink special, it was OJ mixed with Pinnacle whipped vodka for $6, unheard of in a theme park! It was also quite strong. Overall, I would return but would probably order a sandwich over the more expensive entrees.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the food and incredible atmosphere at Mythos. We ate during one of the restaurant's peak times (around 1:30), so it was pretty crowded. Our reservations helped a lot and brought our wait time down from 45 minutes to 15 minutes. The host and our server were both extremely friendly and made sure we had a great experience. The decor inside and outside the restaurant are amazing. We were very impressed with the food. We got the Crispy Spanakopita for an appetizer, I had the Wild Mushroom Meatloaf, and my boyfriend had the Mythos Signature Hamburger. We would recommend everything we got- delicious! Our meal, plus two beers and a 20% tip, totaled around $60. But for the service, food, and atmosphere, we say it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of 5 @ MythosRogers5Dined on 9/11/2014Our first visit to Mythos was great! The food was delicious and fast!! The waitress seemed rushed and not all that personable but the experience in a whole made up for it!! We would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent full service restaurantCharlieDined on 9/11/2014Really enjoyed our family meal here. Great food, excellent service and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD, AMBIENCE, SERVICETastyTreatDined on 9/11/2014The food presentation is extraordinary. It tastes as good as it looks! Many restaurants (Disney World) have gotten really bad but Mythos remains EXCELLENT! The prices are what you would expect to pay for quality food and service. Mythos is not a typical restaurant. The atmosphere is welcoming, service has always been impeccable and the food is exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great break in the day!JhoppDined on 9/10/2014I took my daughter to Orlando for her 23rd birthday. We decided to splurge on a nice dinner here. We were pleasantly surprised about the price, however. Not much of a splurge at all! We had a yummy drink and asked to not keep the souvenir glass and it made the drink a bargain. We had the daily risotto and the Pad Thai. Both excellent! Great service and great food. Perfect break in our day at the park.Special Features:
- The Place to DineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014I have been dining at Mythos for years. It is my favorite theme park restaurant. Service and food are always outstanding. Staff is always accommodating to my elderly father who also loves to dine at Mythos.Special Features:
- #1 restaurant in Orlandouniversalregulars2Dined on 9/4/2014My fiancee and I arrived early and didn't wait long before we were sat by the window facing Spiderman. Our server Mike was fantastic. We had a great time and look forward to dining there again. We have annual passes so this wont be hard to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!GlorVIPDined on 9/3/2014I eat here every time I visit Universal Studios Amusement Park. The staff is always friendly. I find this especially refreshing since on this visit I was a single diner. The food is very good and I love the overall ambience of the restaurant. To find such an outstanding restaurant in an amusement park! Love it!Special Features:
- Interesting ambiance, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Food too salty. My daughter only ate 1/4 of her panini entry, a total waste of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch, but beware!HarediDined on 9/1/2014We had a great time with our kids for lunch. Food was great, four of us had burgers and one had the chicken cordon bleu sandwich. Just watch if you are ordering specialty drinks. They say that it has a souvenir glass on the menu, but this point can easily be missed. The server NEVER tells you and the drinks can be ordered without it for half the price! So you get the drink in the same glass, you just don't have to purchase the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food more choices neededChristineDined on 8/31/2014The food was great but there was a lack of selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice for IOAOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014It was a really nice break from the hustle and bustle of Universal. Food was tasty and Service was great.Special Features:
- Make a reservation!!!TraquitaDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is really good!!!!, amazing decoration and excellent food. I am really recommend the restaurant. Do reservations because always is full. The meat loaf is delicious. You and your party will enjoy the place for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location. Good food.GilmorefamilyeatsoutDined on 8/31/2014It's our second visit to Mythos, we made sure we booked it in advance this year. A great place to have lunch or dinner, great views across the lake to the Hulk, fab decor inside. Food was excellent again and the service always friendly and efficient!Special Features:
- Make Reservations ahead of time!RaynmanDined on 8/31/2014Definitely the best food you'll have at a theme park! The food is always good quality, and served in a very nice air conditioned setting. It's a restaurant that both kids and adults alike will enjoy. The service by our waitress seemed a bit off this visit, but always a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yankee1Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great, really enjoyed it. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Great food at the theme parkmythosmartiniDined on 8/30/2014We had a great view of the park over the water. The food was delicious and you got away from the normal theme park food. It was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunMaryDined on 8/30/2014Had dinner Sat. night at Mythos with family party of 12. Great service and food choices appropriate for all - from kids to discerning adults. Terrific theme park option!Special Features:
- Still the Best!PastymageDined on 8/30/2014I've eaten here several times over the years, and I've never been disappointed. Excellent food, friendly staff, nice views. I tried the "Strawberry Shortcake" signature cocktail, which was great - I have dubbed it "Boozy Shake", as it's effectively a strawberry shake with liquor (not too much). I didn't even realize the glass it came in was a souvenir glass I got to take away until they brought a box to the table after the check came, with a fresh unused glass. If you're prone to chills, do bring an extra layer, the AC in here is industrial-strength, but I prefer that to the alternative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not expensive mealkmukerDined on 8/30/2014Good and not expensive food ($80 for two including drinks and tips) for restaurant advertized as number 1 in all parks. Service was prompt. There is 15 min before warning, but we was late 5 min and have no problems with seating. There are two types of seatings, tables with chairs was not comfortable. Do not expect anything special if you plan to have birthday here (micro cake and happy birthday from serving water).Special Features:
- Disappointing lunchsoozieDined on 8/30/2014We had a lunchtime reservation at the restaurant on Saturday (30th August) and were really looking forward to taking my first timer mother, after a previously good experience. However, we were left very disappointed. While our actual server was excellent, we were not finished our starters when our main courses arrived because another server brought them to the table. Some of our plates were removed while we were eating from them and my son who is quite a slow eater had to push his shushi starter to one side to make room for his main course. He didn't even finish his starter in the end as he, as we all did felt rushed and unwelcome. As though we were all being rushed and couldn't enjoy our meal. Not an experience we will be repeating!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Our waiter was not very attentive. Our drinks were empty several times for several minutes and he rarely came to our table to check on us.Special Features:
- Wink68Dined on 8/29/2014Outstanding Restaurant inside of Universal StudiosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeVtrtgrDined on 8/28/2014You would not expect this type of food at the theme park. This is my second time back within 1 year and the food was delicious. Service was great. They were accommodating when one of the child did not want the typical salad on the children's menu and placed it with the one she wanted on the main menu. Definitely will go back when we visit in the future !Special Features:
- This restaurant is A+++JaySDined on 8/27/2014Everytime we're at Universal Islands of Adventure. Its always a permanent dining fixture in our vacation. Great food, ambience and excerllent service and prices. A hidden gem within the theme park.Special Features:
- Great all roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Lovely place,lovely food,great service from viktorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in theme parkstomwriterDined on 8/26/2014We've eaten here several times and never been disappointed. The cavernous interior of Mythos looks like an underwater grotto inhabited by giant stone gods. In addition to the dining room there is an outdoor seating area which provides an awesome view of the park’s inland sea, the Hulk Coaster, Seuss Landing and other attractions. The service is always very friendly, and the food is among the best, most unique you’ll encounter in the parks. My favorite is pad thai noodles with shrimp and chicken. And of course the children's menu features the standard fare. Yet despite the good service, high quality food and spectacular surroundings, the prices are very reasonable, less than many other theme park sit down restaurants of lesser quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome theme park restaurantPhilFooddotcomDined on 8/23/2014If you are looking for time out when in Islands of Adventures then look no further then Mythos. For the 3rd vacation in a row our meal hear was very good. The whole experience: environment, taste, service, price were all wonderful. Would recommend for all, except on days when I visit because I still want to be able to get a table next time I visit :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had a 1:00pm reservation and we were promptly seated at 12:50. Everything was fantastic except for the fact that it took the waiter about 10 minutes before he greeted us! Everything after that was fantastic! His service was great and attentive! He was very personable and took the time to explain all the questions we had about the menu items! The food came out fast even though the restaurant was very busy. I ordered the Meatloaf! The presentation was very nice with two slices of meatloaf on top of mashed potatoes with onion straws on top. The Birthday boy who was accompanying me even received a free dessert shot of his choice and of course we all sang Happy Birthday to him. The restaurant exteriors and interiors are amazing!Special Features:
- Good food, SLOW serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We ate at Mythos in mid-August. The restaurant has a really interesting ambiance, but was quite loud. I ordered the special risotto of the day, which was very delicious. My two complaints about the restaurant are that it was positively FREEZING cold inside, and we waited almost 45 minutes to get our food. This had nothing to do with our server, who was very attentive. There was a large party of approximately 20 people at the table behind us and they ordered shortly before we did. We had a reservation. If the kitchen knows they cannot handle a large party along with other tables and get the food out in a timely manner, then they shouldn't take other reservations for that time.Special Features:
- OkSons6thbdayDined on 8/23/2014Good food for an only choice, other than fast food at the theme park. Our waiter was awful. We felt we were a huge inconvenience b/c we wanted to sit and relax with a glass of wine. He was rushing us the entire time.
- Mythos Rocks!LindaLouDined on 8/23/2014We always have a great meal at Mythos and this was no exception!Special Features:
- Great for lunch when at the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Myths was an oasis from the Centeral Florida heat. The food was very good, the service was as expected and the view/ambiance was great. I definitely recommend this place if you are at Ilsands of AdventureSpecial Features:
- Awesome foodHeaterguy100Dined on 8/22/2014Ate here yesterday and the food was great. For the price the quality is well worth it. It was cheaper eating here then at the Hard Rock. Here we had filet mignon, there we had hamburgers. Can't wait to come back next year to eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome.DiningduoDined on 8/22/2014I made a reservations so our wait time was less than 5 mins. It was a nice break from all the rides...and the heat. The atmosphere was great, the staff were very friendly, and the food was perfect. I had the salmon and my son had the roast beef panini. We were both raving about our meals! We will definitely be back to Mythos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theme restaurantMommaLuLuDined on 8/22/2014The 'best theme park restaurant six years running' is a well deserved accolade. It is very unusually themed and quite ethereal, feeling like you are in a subterranean cave with massive carvings and private seating areas cut through the curving 'rock' interior. We enjoyed our choices, fresh tastes and some unusual but pleasing combinations and were pleasantly surprised at our check total for theme park dining. Overall highly recommend to all for lunch and dinner, though there is limited choice for little ones, so not completely child-friendly if you have a picky eater to consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dandrDined on 8/21/2014We had a terrible table facing a wall with an opening that faced the lobby. The restaurant was noisy. The food was okay.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food. Wonderful service. Lived the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.