Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
410 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (221)scenic view (206)kid-friendly (187)fit for foodies (114)good for groups (105)special occasion (100)romantic (62)hot spot (44)great for outdoor dining (33)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (25)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The decor gives the impression of being in a Greek grotto. They offer a very nice menu and are capable of dealing with food sensitivities. We spent a very agreeable 90 minutes and left refreshed. Definitely on my list for our next visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Magic is Really at MythosOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/28/2014Harry Potter may grab all of the attention at Islands of Adventure, but it's really Mythos that is bringing the magic plate-by-plate. Great meal...great service...you can't ask for anything more. Put this on your Universal Studios' Must-Do Bucket List.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014I make an effort to never miss this restaurant when I go to Islands. Great food and service at reasonable prices. Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great in-park diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/27/2014Good food with reasonable prices. Wonderful theming and ambiance.Special Features:
- Love this place. Awesome drink menupassholderStpeteDined on 9/27/2014Still amazing. Menu needs updating. Maybe I just go to much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014horrible burgers - frozen patties almost identical to McD but for $10 more.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Just terrific from start to end. Very pleasantly surprised by..well...everything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodPghfoodDined on 9/25/2014The food was awesome as usual. Wait was 3 minutes with a reservation - not a problem. Service was slow. About ten minutes before drink order and there were not many in the restaurant since it was technically closed for the day. Table next to us got up and left abruptly - not sure if the even paid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy i stopped walking past thisclericksonDined on 9/25/2014I've been to Universal Studios/IOA three times in the past and always just walked past Mythos, not wanting to waste any valuable time at a "theme park restaurant". I'm very happy that I finally made a reservation for lunch. The food was great, but aside from that, I cannot say enough about how amazing the inside of the restaurant looks. It is even more impressive than the outside rock and fountains. Even if its just for a light appetizer and drink or dessert, you should make a food stop at Mythos an absolute plan for your trip to Islands of AdventureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasteless beef and sandwichRicardoDined on 9/24/2014Great place, great attendant. Small portions of food. Tasteless beef and sandwich.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceSoupNaziDined on 9/23/2014Our dining experience at Mythos could not have been better. We we seated early and our food arrived in a blink of an eye. To top it off, the food was superb!Special Features:
- I didin´t enjoy itLiliDined on 9/21/2014I booked this lunch for me and my family. We are from Brasil, and they don´t speak english. There is no photos/images of the menu, just like the other restaurants have. I found very hard to translate to them all the options. All of them kept question me millions things, and its exausting to read the whole menu and then translate. Pictures would help. So we all give up and then went to have lunch in the THUNDER FALL TERRACE where we can SEE the options. They loved the food there.Special Features:
- Great FoodhungrycanucksDined on 9/20/2014We really enjoyed the food at Mytho's especially the flat bread appetizers. We had a vegetarian in our group and it was easy for her to change or omit items from the menu. This restaurant caters to teenagers, vegetarians, meat eaters and people who like good quality food that is presented well. The wait staff was very friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun but FreezingscurriedDined on 9/20/2014Mythos looks fantastic and it is fun to eat here in the midst of Universal's theming. Our meals were very good, but the air conditioning was ridiculously cranked for a rainy, overcast day. We were so cold our party of three sat together on one side of a booth so as to not literally shiver, and we all left the table once just to step outside for a minute. Our waitress basically shrugged, "Yeah, it's cold." So, it was overall less enjoyable than it could have/should have been.Special Features:
- Still good.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014I have gone to Mythos about 4 times over the last couple of years and the food and setting still, in my opinion, make it the best venue at Islands of Adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool placeLucyDined on 9/17/2014My friend recommended this place and we decided to go for lunch while we were in Universal Islands of Adventure. We made reservations ahead of time because we were told it was popular. We were glad we did, because we were seated quickly. The restaurant itself resembled a cave, with sculptures built in. It was extremely unusual and interesting. The food was good and our waiter was prompt with his service. This is a must-see if you are going to the park.Special Features:
- In the middle of an amusement park.raffermVIPDined on 9/13/2014...it is ofte tough to find "real food." But Mythos fit the bill. The food has a decidedly Mediterranean feel. But the Mahi Mahi was delicious--sweet and flavorful. My Vegan daughter's pad Thai was just to her liking--a bit of a kick to it! The lemon vinaigrette on the mixed greens salad was sweet, but with the bitter greens made for a wonderful starter. The rest of the table ordered fish tacos and pad Thai with chicken and shrimp--both complimented the server. For meal of this proportion in an amusement park---the bill was reasonable and service pleasant. I recommend!Special Features:
- Nice for theme park lunchPureCynDined on 9/13/2014The theming of this restaurant is awesome. The food, while leagues better than the typical hamburgers and fries served elsewhere, was really just above average. I ordered the Mahi Mahi, which was good but the fish was slightly overcooked. My bf ordered the beef medallions medium and they came out well, well done. The server was very attentive during our time there and very apologetic when we showed her the well done medallions. She was able to provide us with a discount. They also offered a drink special, it was OJ mixed with Pinnacle whipped vodka for $6, unheard of in a theme park! It was also quite strong. Overall, I would return but would probably order a sandwich over the more expensive entrees.Special Features:
- Family VacationKatrynDined on 9/13/2014Mythos was a must for one of our highlights we wanted to do while we visited Universal during our family vacation. We love the architecture. But the food keeps us returning and introducing others to this experience. We have gluten and other food allergies and we found something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the food and incredible atmosphere at Mythos. We ate during one of the restaurant's peak times (around 1:30), so it was pretty crowded. Our reservations helped a lot and brought our wait time down from 45 minutes to 15 minutes. The host and our server were both extremely friendly and made sure we had a great experience. The decor inside and outside the restaurant are amazing. We were very impressed with the food. We got the Crispy Spanakopita for an appetizer, I had the Wild Mushroom Meatloaf, and my boyfriend had the Mythos Signature Hamburger. We would recommend everything we got- delicious! Our meal, plus two beers and a 20% tip, totaled around $60. But for the service, food, and atmosphere, we say it was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- party of 5 @ MythosRogers5Dined on 9/11/2014Our first visit to Mythos was great! The food was delicious and fast!! The waitress seemed rushed and not all that personable but the experience in a whole made up for it!! We would definitely visit againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent full service restaurantCharlieDined on 9/11/2014Really enjoyed our family meal here. Great food, excellent service and very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOOD, AMBIENCE, SERVICETastyTreatDined on 9/11/2014The food presentation is extraordinary. It tastes as good as it looks! Many restaurants (Disney World) have gotten really bad but Mythos remains EXCELLENT! The prices are what you would expect to pay for quality food and service. Mythos is not a typical restaurant. The atmosphere is welcoming, service has always been impeccable and the food is exquisite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great break in the day!JhoppDined on 9/10/2014I took my daughter to Orlando for her 23rd birthday. We decided to splurge on a nice dinner here. We were pleasantly surprised about the price, however. Not much of a splurge at all! We had a yummy drink and asked to not keep the souvenir glass and it made the drink a bargain. We had the daily risotto and the Pad Thai. Both excellent! Great service and great food. Perfect break in our day at the park.Special Features:
- The Place to DinecoastergalDined on 9/8/2014I have been dining at Mythos for years. It is my favorite theme park restaurant. Service and food are always outstanding. Staff is always accommodating to my elderly father who also loves to dine at Mythos.Special Features:
- #1 restaurant in Orlandouniversalregulars2Dined on 9/4/2014My fiancee and I arrived early and didn't wait long before we were sat by the window facing Spiderman. Our server Mike was fantastic. We had a great time and look forward to dining there again. We have annual passes so this wont be hard to do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experience!GlorVIPDined on 9/3/2014I eat here every time I visit Universal Studios Amusement Park. The staff is always friendly. I find this especially refreshing since on this visit I was a single diner. The food is very good and I love the overall ambience of the restaurant. To find such an outstanding restaurant in an amusement park! Love it!Special Features:
- Interesting ambiance, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Food too salty. My daughter only ate 1/4 of her panini entry, a total waste of money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch, but beware!HarediDined on 9/1/2014We had a great time with our kids for lunch. Food was great, four of us had burgers and one had the chicken cordon bleu sandwich. Just watch if you are ordering specialty drinks. They say that it has a souvenir glass on the menu, but this point can easily be missed. The server NEVER tells you and the drinks can be ordered without it for half the price! So you get the drink in the same glass, you just don't have to purchase the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food more choices neededChristineDined on 8/31/2014The food was great but there was a lack of selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice for IOAOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014It was a really nice break from the hustle and bustle of Universal. Food was tasty and Service was great.Special Features:
- Make a reservation!!!TraquitaDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is really good!!!!, amazing decoration and excellent food. I am really recommend the restaurant. Do reservations because always is full. The meat loaf is delicious. You and your party will enjoy the place for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location. Good food.GilmorefamilyeatsoutDined on 8/31/2014It's our second visit to Mythos, we made sure we booked it in advance this year. A great place to have lunch or dinner, great views across the lake to the Hulk, fab decor inside. Food was excellent again and the service always friendly and efficient!Special Features:
- Make Reservations ahead of time!RaynmanDined on 8/31/2014Definitely the best food you'll have at a theme park! The food is always good quality, and served in a very nice air conditioned setting. It's a restaurant that both kids and adults alike will enjoy. The service by our waitress seemed a bit off this visit, but always a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yankee1Dined on 8/30/2014Everything was great, really enjoyed it. Will go back again.Special Features:
- Great food at the theme parkmythosmartiniDined on 8/30/2014We had a great view of the park over the water. The food was delicious and you got away from the normal theme park food. It was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunMaryDined on 8/30/2014Had dinner Sat. night at Mythos with family party of 12. Great service and food choices appropriate for all - from kids to discerning adults. Terrific theme park option!Special Features:
- Still the Best!PastymageDined on 8/30/2014I've eaten here several times over the years, and I've never been disappointed. Excellent food, friendly staff, nice views. I tried the "Strawberry Shortcake" signature cocktail, which was great - I have dubbed it "Boozy Shake", as it's effectively a strawberry shake with liquor (not too much). I didn't even realize the glass it came in was a souvenir glass I got to take away until they brought a box to the table after the check came, with a fresh unused glass. If you're prone to chills, do bring an extra layer, the AC in here is industrial-strength, but I prefer that to the alternative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not expensive mealkmukerDined on 8/30/2014Good and not expensive food ($80 for two including drinks and tips) for restaurant advertized as number 1 in all parks. Service was prompt. There is 15 min before warning, but we was late 5 min and have no problems with seating. There are two types of seatings, tables with chairs was not comfortable. Do not expect anything special if you plan to have birthday here (micro cake and happy birthday from serving water).Special Features:
- Disappointing lunchsoozieDined on 8/30/2014We had a lunchtime reservation at the restaurant on Saturday (30th August) and were really looking forward to taking my first timer mother, after a previously good experience. However, we were left very disappointed. While our actual server was excellent, we were not finished our starters when our main courses arrived because another server brought them to the table. Some of our plates were removed while we were eating from them and my son who is quite a slow eater had to push his shushi starter to one side to make room for his main course. He didn't even finish his starter in the end as he, as we all did felt rushed and unwelcome. As though we were all being rushed and couldn't enjoy our meal. Not an experience we will be repeating!