Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 224-4012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
403 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (223)scenic view (198)kid-friendly (173)fit for foodies (125)good for groups (115)special occasion (101)romantic (60)hot spot (42)great for outdoor dining (42)great for brunch (29)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Good Theme Park FoodMotherOfOneDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant had a very cool theme going on, especially if you are into greek mythology. The bread was a little doughy and I'm not sure if the bread was under baked or if that was how the restaurant makes their bread. The steak risotto was great especially the tobasco onion tanglers that was for the garnish. The meatloaf was a little on the dry side even though it was covered in gravy. The server removed my plate even though I still had food on it, without even asking if I was done. He seemed distracted and wanted to get out of there even though there was 3 tables (including ours) he was taking care of.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing food, not like before!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014I was somehow disappointed since all our previous experiences had been excellent, including the food. I found the food was not at the same level than in the past. They should correct this, otherwise they will loose their reputation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food In the park... Or out of the park!FloridaResidentDined on 11/15/2014Fantastic food. Terrific service. Engaging atmosphere. Must have reservations...recommend OpenTable a few days in advance because it fills up fast. The shrimp tempura sushi was outstanding. The dessert shots at $1.75 each hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decidedly better than a food cart.Irish413Dined on 11/14/2014It's not really fair to compare Mythos (or any theme part restaurant) to restaurants outside of a theme park. With that in mind, Mythos has excellent, fun decor and a menu that is certainly an improvement over the hot dogs and turkey legs found in the rest of the park. My wife and I ordered crab cake sliders and some sort of chicken wrap for lunch as well as a couple drinks billed as the "cocktail of the month." Drinks were very sweet, but this is probably to be expected in a theme park. The crab cake sliders were good. The chicken wrap had clearly been prepared much, much earlier, but was still passable. Overall, a fun addition to a day at Islands of Adventure, I would certainly go back if I went back to the park and would recommend it to others. If you are familiar with the overall quality of theme park restaurants, you know what you are getting into and will be certainly be happy with Mythos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theme park diningCronosDined on 11/13/2014This was the only table service meal we had during a trip to Universal and Disney. Great service, delicious entrees, and very reasonably priced. The building and atmosphere are fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!UniversalReviewerDined on 11/12/2014We really enjoyed our lunch here! The food was great, the people were friendly, the prices were reasonable, and the atmosphere was creative. We would definitely dine here again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No wonder voted the Best Theme Park Restaurant!!!SatisfiedDined on 11/12/2014No wonder this place has been voted the Best Theme Park Restaurant in the world for many years running. The place is fabulous and an incredible find inside a theme park!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014I've been here before and the service was much better. I'll try again before I write it off completely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surprise!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/11/2014We weren't expecting much from a theme park restaurant. Most others are very busy and loud and the food is just okay while overpriced. This restaurant was beautiful to look at, comfortable, moderately priced (cheap, by theme park standards!) and the services was fast and friendly. They went out of their way to make sure our picky kids were satisfied, making substitutions as needed. The food was great. We would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Good!LovetoTravelDined on 11/10/2014Food was great and it was nice to sit down to eat in an interesting atmosphere. The prices weren't too bad and the food was different than your typical amusement park foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!islandgirlDined on 11/10/2014My husband and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at Mythos. It was a perfect break from the theme park activities. The atmosphere was beautiful and the beef medallions were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014had good food and service and was clean - best combination we have found at any amusement parkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed itTexas84Dined on 11/10/2014Service was great, food was great, theming was great and we had a great view of the lagoon. Location in the park is very convenient. I'll be bringing a larger group in January. My only minor complaint is about the small waiting area but the staff was finding people outside. We had a reservation but this seemed to be a popular place with a 30 minute standby wait on a slow day.Special Features:
- Best Pizza in Orlando?MamaPajamaDined on 11/7/2014Traveling New Yorkers do not expect much in terms of pizza quality elsewhere. When spending 8 days in Orlando with 3 kids, inevitably you taste a few pizzas. For $8, this kids pizza was the tastiest of the week. The restaurant is very attractive. The drinks were good, if weak (but I was not looking to get plastered - LOL), and the food was better and more interesting than all the other theme park offerings. Last seating for dinner is at 5 so they don't rush you out before the park closing.Special Features:
- Fine/okLove2TravelDined on 11/7/2014We were expecting a lot more because of the "#1 theme park restaurant" for several years disclaimer. We thought the food was good, although it was a very limited menu. We were disappointed with the experience. Would rather have eaten at a different restaurant in the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best theme park restaurant...How?9ofDiamondsDined on 11/7/2014When we first arrived we were in awe of the cavernous interior, the carvings, the river styx running through the dining room. That awe lasted about two minutes and then while waiting for our server, we found ourselves craning our necks around trying to find something, anything, else fun and interesting about the design of the place. We found nothing that we didn't notice upon entering. We were a little disappointed that the wait staff's uniforms did not share in the theming like other restaurants in the park and other Orlando parks, that aspect took away from the ambiance. On top of all that we found our Chicken sandwiches were just good. To be clear they were not bad but thought maybe the food is what put Mythos over the top in #1 spot.
- Overpriced theme park foodbwentworDined on 11/7/2014The meatloaf that I had was processed meat and instant mashed potatoes. For the price, I expected more than an oval formed "meat" patty. It does not deserve the best theme park restaurant designation...that is a joke! I would not return.
- very good restaurantrafinhasiqDined on 11/7/2014I really enjoyed everything in this restaurant. I ordered a risotto of the day and it was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But Over-RatedRyanTheLionDined on 11/7/2014The giant banner on the entrance of the restaurant claimed Mythos was rated the best theme park restaurant for 5 years. I'll agree that the building itself is very well themed, inside and out with a nice view of the park. But otherwise the experience was not exceptional. We were expecting the menu to contain a wealth of fine entrée options. Instead it was half full of sandwiches and burgers. The food was good but not great. The service was good but not great. There was nothing special about the experience other than the structure itself. We're Disney fans and our reference for exceptional theme park dining is the French restaurants in Epcot. Mythos is a nice if you set your expectations appropriately to avoid disappointment.Special Features:
- Honeymoon LunchshandyscribsDined on 11/6/2014When my husband and I arrived at the restaurant, we were seated about five minutes before our reservation time, which was nice. Our server was wonderful. Though I don't remember his name, I do remember that he was from Coney Island, NY. He was prompt and attentive, and he even went to far as to get me and my husband each a 'Just Married!' pin to go along with our Disney pins. The food arrived quickly, and the portions were just enough to leave us appropriately hungry for dinner at The Leaky Cauldron. My steak medallions were tasty, and the mashed potatoes were especially good. My husband greatly enjoyed his burger. Overall, the standout features were the service and the unique décor.Special Features:
- A welcome Respite From The RidesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/5/2014My wife, son and I ate at Mythos on 11/5 and we enjoyed the food and the ambience. The service was very good, our waiter was extremely nice. The food was good for a theme park and the menu selections were varied.Special Features:
- Perfect!!!My2sonsDined on 11/3/2014My 11year old recommended we eat at Mythos because it looked cool from the outside. So went right on my open table app and booked for the next day. Since it's at a theme park, my expectations were fairly low. But it was PERFECT!!! We got seated immediately. Our server, Tyrell, was funny and service was timed without feeling rushed. Food was fabulous! Family had shrimp tempura sushi, mahi mahi, fish tacos, crab cake sliders and kiddo pizza. We left full and happy. A perfect meal. Thanks Mythos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice relaxing stop in a busy dayamericanagirlDined on 11/2/2014In my opinion it is definitely worth paying a bit more to be in such a scenic environment with an attentive server, rather than standing in line at the food courts and fighting for a spot at a table (maybe a table outdoors in the hot sun, at that). The meal was good -- wouldn't say "great" but again definitely much better than we would have gotten in a food court. Prices quite reasonable -- especially compared to a 'sit-down' at Disney! We found the decor and scenery to be superior to Disney as well. We will return for sure.Special Features:
- Great spot in a amusement parkPeteyDined on 11/2/2014Totally recommend taking the time to eat here. Food is good, service and atmosphere even betterSpecial Features:
- Second time at mythosJwubDined on 11/2/2014This was our second time at mythos and it was just as good as our first visit. The food is great and the restaurant is beautiful. But it's also a welcome break to the noise and chaos of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best place to eatLuv2drinkDined on 11/1/2014Fine dining at reasonable prices. Escape from the hectic day at the park in the air conditioned, civilized atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An oasis of good food in the parkRonda109Dined on 11/1/2014Whenever we visit Universal Orlando, we always plan to have one meal at Mythos. It offers high quality food, with fast, warm service and a wide variety of menu offerings. On this occasion, Orlando was having a record cold snap, and for the first time, we were motivated to try the meatloaf. It was delicious, served with mashed potatoes and crispy tobacco onion rings on tip.
- Great for vegansOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Upon arrival it was clear that the hostess did not want us to dine there. We had a 5:45pm booking and said so to her but she ignored us and informed us that it is bookings only, it was late in the day so perhaps she just wanted to get home early. A young man came up and said it was fine for us to come in. Our waiter Victor was a gem! While there was only one meal on the menu that catered to vegans he was more than happy to ask the chef questions and gave us suggestions. He was so lovely and totally made up for the rude girl at the beginning :) The Pad Thai was delicious and the perfect meal to have after walking around for 11 or so hours. If you have any special dietary requirements I recommend going to Mythos and make sure you book first!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for theme parkBabsDined on 10/28/2014Food was excellent, had the pad Thai, very good. Meatloaf w/wild mushrooms also looked excellent. Thought this would be mostly Greek food, but it seamed more international. Only real criticism, which was minor. The service was a little slow, but we found that to be the case at most of the Universal Studio restaurants.Special Features:
- MemorableGingerbreadDined on 10/27/2014This restaurant is one of the best on theme parks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, atmosphere, & serviceborgcubeDined on 10/27/2014The sushi and the spanakopita appetizers were excellent. For the main courses, we had fish tacos and a baby green salad with grilled chicken. Everything was prepared and presented perfectly and the server was friendly, helpful with suggestions and attentive to our needs and requests. We can't say enough about how much we love Mythos and always eat there on every vacation visit to Islands of AdventureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice experianceRowencatDined on 10/25/2014we had a very nice experience, the food was five stars and the waiter was very attentive and very good, the building was neat and very kitchy, all in all a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Incredible viewScrappyVIPDined on 10/25/2014One of the best views of the park! Quality of food was great well is the service and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014As a family I ordered for my 2 children the children's menu at 6.99 which I thought was ok the server said that you could add shrimp or chicken so I said one with chicken and one with shrimp on arrival 1 had no shrimp so i called the server over and they brought over 4 sautéed shrimp and plopped it on top of the child's portion which I thought ok it's only a kids menu after wards I asked for the bill and I find out that the kids menu 6.99 and the additional shrimp 7.50 which now brings it to 14.49 for a child's portion ,this is absolutely wrong and leaves a bad taste in anybody's mouth, if you offer a kids menu t is just that smaller portions for less money in this case it is small portions for more money absolute conn Last time for me !
- This used to be good.OscarDined on 10/24/2014We are regulars at Universal Studios and we have eaten at this restaurant over 20 times. Always had a good experience. Today was just terrible. First, even with reservations, we had to wait over 15 minutes to be seated. People that just walked in were seated before us. We had to ask for water 3 times to actually get a glass of water. We got to see our waiters twice during our meal, we she took our order and when we left. The appetizers were serve quickly and in good order but then, after almost half an hour and several complains, we finally got our entries. Even our 3 year old finished eating before we got our food. My wife ordered beef, which was obviously re heated in a microwave. What a way to ruin a perfect day at the theme park.Special Features:
- Positive experienceRedheadShafferDined on 10/23/2014The service was exceptional. We got a text reminder about our reservation and were able to check in via txt. Food was delicious. Atmosphere- top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Mythos had a good selection of food and wonderful service! Our waiter was so friendly and made sure we were always taken care of.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Thought it would be theme park food, but just as other reviews stated nice food, generous portions and good wins list. Reasonably priced. Would definetley revisit and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for lunchMakeourdayDined on 10/21/2014Taking a lunch break at Mythos was the best thing we did all day. The wait staff were great; the food was delivered to us in a very timely manner. Our meals were quite obviously made with freshly prepared ingredients and were well-presented/plated and delicious. My only regret is that we don't have a Mythos back home in Minnesota!Special Features:
- WonderfulMimmieDined on 10/21/2014This is our 2nd year in a row to visit universal and have eaten at Mythos for lunch both times. We love it. The atmosphere is wonderful and is a good break from the parks. We used open table while in line for a ride and got the time we wanted. We will come here again. The staff is not overly friendly, but the service is good. Go out back toward the water and take pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.