Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
395 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (229)scenic view (186)kid-friendly (181)fit for foodies (115)special occasion (97)good for groups (85)romantic (59)hot spot (43)great for brunch (34)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (22)late-night find (5)notable wine list (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We were so excited to try mythos, due to the awards for best theme park food. We were very unempressed. We ordered the meatloaf with with mushrooms. It was OK at best. Kind of bland and rubbery. The only time we seen our waiter is when he took our money. Very disappointed! Monsters cafe, bubba gumps, and the sci fi outrank this restraunt by far!!
- BritabroadDined on 8/15/2014Best restaurant at universal's Islands of AdventureSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant with fab serviceHcp1302Dined on 8/15/2014Book I'm advance - glad we did as walk in wait times were long. Not a huge choice but enough. Food was good, portion sizes large and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good varietyluv2eatDined on 8/15/2014At theme parks the menus are usually pretty limited but Mythos had a nice variety to fit the likes of five very different tastes.Special Features:
- Good food, atmosphere not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014When we were led to our table, the 1st thing that struck me was how dim our area was. As I looked around, there was lighting above some tables, just not over ours. The bench seating was too far back from the table so we had to move it ourselves. The 1 saving grace was that the food was delicious! Recommend the mahi mahi & my kids loved the pasta with garlic cream sauce. While our server was pleasant, we didn't see much of him & as we came to the end of our meal & the restaurant was closing, we saw even less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Whenever my wife and I are in Universal's Islands of Adventure we make it a point to eat at Mythos. The menu has great and varied selection of appetizers and entrees, we have always been very pleased with our selections. The restaurants architecture and décor are simply amazing and on a hot summer's day it is probably the coolest place in the park which makes it a great oasis in the Islands of Adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too coldHungryformoreDined on 8/13/2014Food was really good and well prepared, we could not complain in that aspect. Prices were great and the restaurant looked really nice. However it was extremely cold, especially for a theme park with water rides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent but the service was extremely slow. Our waitress or kitchen may have just been having an off night, but the table that came in 30 minutes after us got their food before us. We did not order anything special or different. The odder thing was that 2 orders came out 5 minutes prior to the other 2 orders. We did ask for our check as soon as we got our meals just because we didn't know when we were going to see the waitstaff again. Food was excellent and the restaurant was beautiful to look at. Just a slight disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good - for a theme parkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/12/2014The décor is very unique. We arrived for an early dinner at about 5:30 (with reservations). We were seated next to a fountain and kept getting splashed. It wasn't really bad so we opted to stay where we were. The menu is a little random. We expected more Mediterranean dishes (particularly for the daily specials) but there was a wide variety of dishes. The food we had was good although a little under seasoned. The dessert on the dining plan (dessert shots) that we chose was crème Brule although it was more like a cheesecake than a true crème Brule. It didn't taste bad but wasn't what we expected. The server was very good and offered us another dessert when we commented on the crème Brule. Sounded like he had heard the comment before.Special Features:
- Mythos - Cool!PaulElwellDined on 8/12/2014We booked this restaurant after reading all the great reviews and being a family that do not normally have theme park food. This was the only booking that we made poor to our holiday. The restaurant is a gem. The ambience is amazing. The seating areas are very well done and it doesn't feel that people are too close. The food was well presented and a good quantity, not huge but enough and the quality was very good. Deserts were good too although we only went for the smaller sampler ones. The price was ok, obviously not the cheaper end for a theme park but you pay for quality. Definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NopechowhoundDined on 8/11/2014I can see why this was a best resturant for 6 years but isn't any more. The wine menu on our table nasty. It was sticky and the pages were gross. There was so much food on the floor under our table it was horrible. Dear God get a broom and sweep the floor. One word nasty.Special Features:
- Simply awesomeLove2travelDined on 8/9/2014This place is a "must"! I had the cordon blue chicken sandwich which by far is the very best sandwich I have ever had in my life! My husband had their speciality burger that was out of this world. Two of our kids had pasta and the other two had hamburgers -- all in all VERY good. The atmosphere is great and the service was 100% perfect! It is nice and cool and the perfect place to recharge the batteries. We will never visit this park again without eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014My family and I enjoyed our lunch at Mythos during a busy August Saturday in Islands of Adventure. We had resurvations which is recomended as this is a popular resturant. The Architecture provided most of the theming. The menu had plenty of family friendly items but they all included a special twist that greatly impressed my foodie wife. The staff was top notch, everyone was a professional and treated all the customers right. This coming from a resturant in a theme park where you would expect to get college students with no clue.Special Features:
- Healthy food in a nice restaurantNad2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant with healthy food but very cold in there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets at UniversalTeriroseVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food options at Universal parks are not good. Mythos is probably the best choice, which is like being the best ice hockey player in Puerto Rico. Food is ok but nothing special. Most of the other options at both Universal parks are junk food, so Mythos is good by comparison. Other than Mythos and Confisco, there is no place to eat within the confines of the parks that I could recommend.Special Features:
- Very unhappyUnhappyDined on 8/7/2014We booked Mythos restaurant due to the supposed great reviews. Our experience was terrible. The service was quite frankly appalling. We waited for a table along with 'walk ins' despite having booked. We were then left for way too long before we asked for our drinks. The waitress left our table part way through taking our order to attend another table. Once we had finished our starters our plates were left at the table whilst our main course eventually arrived, at that point some of our starter plates were removed and others simply left on the table. Only 3 of our 4 meals arrived, we then had to wait again whilst our daughters meal arrived. Best theme park restaurant, NEVER!
- Nice!GayleneDined on 8/7/2014Mythos was very nice. The food was very good and beautifully presented. If you are really hungry and want larger portions - don't go here. Our waiter was very pleasant. The setting is absolutely wonderful. Very quiet, the ambiance of the place was very nice. I would recommend this only for adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We loved everything about mythos from the amazing decor to the delicious food. Book a reservation !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service. Great Price.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We made a reservation and did not have to wait. The service was great. Our waiter kept our water glasses full. The prices were much lower than expected for a theme park restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mythos hidden gemwoofwoofDined on 8/6/2014Have always walked passed Mythos on previous visits to Universal but this time went in for lunch.what a pleasant surprise ,food was excellent and service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- triittodaytriittodayDined on 8/5/2014Very good food in a nice and different venue. Waitress was very good and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun serversJaeZingDined on 8/5/2014We had lunch at Mythos. The menu had a nice variety and the daily specials were appealing. We enjoyed our experience at Mythos! The air conditioning was really turned up so take a jacket or sweater to keep you comfortable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in the parkschiswsuburbsDined on 8/4/2014Being centered in the nasty, fried food status quo of theme park swill, Mythos is a diamond in the rough. Our waiter was a little strange by American standards (quiet and very efficient - sort of like a german watch.) But again they hire people from all over the world so you have to take social norms into consideration. The service was good and attentive -but cold. We were not left wanting for service or drink refills but there was an impersonal touch. The ambience and decor are uniquely theme park (Being under a waterfall) the last two times we visited our party got dripped on while eating. Respectable food, neat decor but your other options inside the park are worse than a truck stop dumpster. -Don't forget reservations if you plan to go.Special Features:
- ZebyDined on 8/4/2014Every thing was very good, but food portion could have been more generous...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgot I was in a theme park!Fab5FamDined on 8/4/2014The banner outside proclaims that Mythos is the #1 Theme Park restaurant, and for good reason. I completely forgot I was surrounded by rides and attractions, and it is obvious that the staff works hard to keep it that way. The atmosphere was very calm and relaxing, far from the hustle and bustle of the outside park. The food choices were a wonderful departure from the usual hot dogs, burgers, and chicken (although these items were still available on the kids menu.) The service was outstanding and everyone enjoyed their meals. When we return to Universal in the future, Mythos will be on our must-do list for sure!
- Must Eat HereFoodiesOnVactionDined on 8/3/2014Food was delicious! Best food in the park hands down! Everyone in the family loved the food and there was not a drop left on any plate. Service was great. The decor was incredible and the prices were worth it. After a hot day of walking or standing in lines this is a place you have to have dinner at.Special Features:
- wonderful!luv2binfloridaDined on 8/2/2014Food was excellent! Great pricing, especially for inside the park eating! It is definitely on our list of places to eat when we come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The real deal!Ryanmia23Dined on 8/2/2014I could not have been more skeptical or more surprised and delighted. Never in my life have I eaten like that inside of any theme park! And the tomato soup is worth the park admission.... No seriously. You guys rocked it!Special Features:
- MythosLindaLouDined on 8/2/2014My favorite restaurant at Universal Orlando! My son and I love all the GF choices and the food is always excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moremedicalGFDined on 8/2/2014We were only going to be at Universal for one day and needed a place to eat that could accomodate a gluten free diet due to celiac disease. I ordered the Pad Thai gluten free. I have had Pad Thai made gluten free at other restaurants. The Mythos version had way to much peanut taste, like they melted down peanut butter and poured it over the top. The food quality didn't live up to the hype based on the reviews. The other issue I had was the waiter who would lean over our table to refill glasses or remove empty dishes while holding a basket of non gluten free bread. He would lean over my gluten free plate with the bread. Not a smart idea!! I finally got to the point of picking up my plate whenever he refilled my daughters drink.Special Features:
- Food and service have slippedyogafoodieDined on 8/1/2014I have eaten here a few times over the years of visiting the parks. The decor could use refreshing (torn curtains, chipped tiles). Food choices have become less Mediterranean and more park-average. Service is friendly and efficient, but our waiter was so sweat soaked he could have used a shower. Still, it's a great place to take a break from the heat and crowds, and enjoy a decent meal.Special Features:
- cool retreat from crowdjuneie7871Dined on 7/31/2014The food was excellent and staff was great. It was a relaxing retreat from the craziness of the park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Our family has visited Universal /Islands of Adventure several times but never eaten at Mythos-until this visit-Everthing was Delicious !!! The Tomato soup was the best we have ever eaten anywhere and the delicate cracker crust on the flatbread appetizer was wonderful!Special Features:
- Hostess was quite rude.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014My children and I were freezing inside the restaurant. We noticed there was additional seating outside. We couldn't find our waiter so my husband went to the front desk to let her know how cold we were and if we could move to one of the tables outside. She told him there wasn't enough wait staff for outside seating then proceeded to tell him if we were too cold to take our food to go in boxes and eat outside. This was incredibly rude. The manager came to our table and asked us about the incident. The manager was accommodating and comped us our appetizers. She also helped get to go boxes but the restaurant didn't offer any plastic ware. All in all, the food was good but we won't be returning to this establishment due to service.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014My family and I absolutely LOVED this place, they had something for everyone and it's a gorgeous place! It's a must do for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantChrisMDined on 7/28/2014Great food! Beautiful atmosphere! Can't believe this was in an amusement park. We used open table to book our reservation before heading down. Would definitely go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ServicezellerificDined on 7/27/2014My boyfriend and I came here on our last night at Universal and it was fantastic. We had made a reservation and were even seated earlier when we requested it (about 20 min early). Our server was friendly and periodically came back to check if we needed anything. It wasn't too noisy either, and was a nice break from the rest of the park. The food was also excellent, especially if you have mostly been dining on pizza and salads the rest of your trip.Special Features:
- Great food!christyDined on 7/26/2014We have eaten at Mythos many times. The food is always great and service is usually very good...this time was the exception :(. Nonetheless, we do enjoy the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice if a little underwhelmingJerseygreig76Dined on 7/25/2014Having been to Universal several times we had never eaten at Mythos and having had the title of best theme park restaurant over several years we though we'd give it a go. It was a simple menu with what I would describe as nice food. Don't get me wrong, it was nice but maybe I was expecting something with a bit more of a wow factor that goes along with that kind of title. Service was a little slow and the place wasn't that busy, probably won't pay another visit for a while, friendly door staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Real food-Reasonable pricesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/24/2014We had an excellent meal at Mythos! It was nice to have a real meal while at a theme park that was reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.