Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: (407) 224-4012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
397 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (224)scenic view (196)kid-friendly (170)fit for foodies (124)good for groups (114)special occasion (102)romantic (59)hot spot (41)great for outdoor dining (41)great for brunch (29)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (9)notable wine list (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- There food is gourmet butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/11/2012There food is gourmet but at a reasonable price. Avg meal costs between $10 - $17. Had my son's birthday there on 3/11/12 and the food and service was fantastic.Special Features:
- Mythos is a very unique placesosomaybeDined on 3/10/2012Mythos is a very unique place with excellent food! You would not expect this at a theme park but you must try it!Special Features:
- Using OpenTable, I was ableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/10/2012Using OpenTable, I was able to make my reservation while standing in line waiting for a ride. Not only was I able to get a confirmed reservation, I noted that we were celebrating my daughter's birthday. Our waiter commented about it and she had no clue how he knew.Special Features:
- The staff were VERY hospitableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/9/2012The staff were VERY hospitable and friendly and we were seated quickly. Food was delicious - Asian Chicken salad was especially tasty and refreshing on a hot day in the park. The kids liked the chicken tenders. We avoided lines and long wait times by booking ahead through Open Table. The restaurant fills quickly.
- The food was pretty good whenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2012The food was pretty good when we finally were served. The appetizer came out after the main course. They brought out the salad with dressing and it was supposed to be on the side. My son's pizza wasn't right 2 times but he ate the second one. If there is a wait, ask to sit outside. There were tons of people waiting to be seated but there were 6 empty tables outside.
- Good vegan options and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/8/2012Good vegan options and very accommodating for vegans (just tell them you are vegan, and the chefs will verify your food is free of all animal products).Special Features:
- Fantastic food at a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/7/2012Fantastic food at a great price, and excellent service from all employees!!Special Features:
- Beautiful interior, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/6/2012Beautiful interior, attentive server, and by FAR the tastiest food we had in Universal. The prices were much more reasonable than we expected, they weren't much pricier than other food in the park.Special Features:
- We stopped by for lunch whileOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2012We stopped by for lunch while visiting the park. I had the mixed greens salad with salmon which was delicious. The only negative was that the dressing was applied too heavily and was a little too sweet for my taste. Still, the dish was flavourful and the salmon was perfectly grilled. My wife and daughter enjoyed their dishes too. Service was just a little slow, but our waiter was helpful and polite.Special Features:
- Okay -- but nothing special.FoodiesdeliciousDined on 3/5/2012Disappointing that it has a Greek name, but has not a single Greek dish. I understand the menu is an eclectic mix of worldly cuisine, but live up to your name!
- YUM!April1975Dined on 3/3/2012This was such a fantastic place! When you factor in that most of the fast food type places at Universal are $9 for a meal, the $10-$15 price tag seems like a bargain! Of our 4 days in the parks, we ate her 2X! The risotto and pasta of the day both were always good. And the flourless choc cake w/ the PB ice cream was heaven!Special Features:
- This restaurant is a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/29/2012This restaurant is a nice lunch option in the Universal Islands of Adventure theme park. We made reservations for 5, and they fitted us in nicely. The food was good and the atmosphere was appealing.Special Features:
- Great experience! Couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/27/2012Great experience! Couldn't have been happier with food and service. A very good bang for the buck.
- Spectacular service, menuOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012Spectacular service, menu was interesting and very good. They accommodated a growing reservation from 7 people to 20!Special Features:
- Via OpenTable, we securedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/24/2012Via OpenTable, we secured reservations 2 days before our lunch. When we entered Mythos, families were sitting everywhere on the floor of the lobby waiting for available tables. We strode up to the hostess, said we had reservations via OpenTable, and were quickly seated in a coveted boooth. Food, atmosphere and waitress were all excellent. We had the shrimp tempuri sushi for an app -- very tasty! My husband and I ordered Pad Thai -- it was different (creamy red sauce), but good. The kids ordered a typical pasta and red sauce. Bread was incredible. Wish we had room for dessert. Highly recommend Mythos!Special Features:
- Lunch and service were bothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2012Lunch and service were both excelent - top restaurant in Orlando parksSpecial Features:
- Not exceptional food but lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2012Not exceptional food but lovely atmosphere and inventive menu. Overall a good time and a nice break from your average theme park food.
- Theme park dining at its finest.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/21/2012Theme park dining at its finest. A delightful menu that is creative and tasty. Seating witha reservation was almost immediate and the staff is friendly, helpful and expereinced in great service.Special Features:
- Just Ok - don't get your expectatioNYCinCTDined on 2/20/2012Just Ok - don't get your expectations up to high - remember, you are eating in an amusement park!!Special Features:
- second time here. Food isHedwigDined on 2/18/2012second time here. Food is good especially for a theme park! It was the highlight in our day.Special Features:
- Decent good for a theme park,ChelseaLynnDined on 2/18/2012Decent good for a theme park, not a whole lot more expensive than the kiosks. If your don't finish your decent portions though, they wont give you a to go box.Special Features:
- The food was wonderful! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/17/2012The food was wonderful! We both had the chef's rissoto of the day and it was great! Even though I was full, I couldn't stop eating it. Definitely top rated in my book.Special Features:
- The staff is excellent andEclecticVIPDined on 2/17/2012The staff is excellent and made perfect recommendations. The salmon was prepared beautifully. The kids steak was also prepared as ordered.Special Features:
- Great place to break and getOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2012Great place to break and get out of the heat. Had a wonderful time.Special Features:
- We had eight in our .groupOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/13/2012We had eight in our .group and all the meals were good except the fish tacos
- Book the last lunch seating, quiteyogaMomDined on 2/13/2012My kids were not crazy about food, a little to,gourmet for them but I loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much better food at a priceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/12/2012Much better food at a price not much higher than what you would have paid in the theme park at a walk-up restaurant. Beautiful theming and a pleasant place to have a meal.Special Features:
- Very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2012Enjoyed our late lunch/early dinner at Mythos. It was a calm, refreshing and delicious break from the frenetic amusement park outside its doors.Special Features:
- I was glad I had made reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012I was glad I had made reservations for Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure. The restaurant was very busy when we arrived but we didn't have to wait long. The dining area is beautifully decorated and the server was very attentive. The food was very good too. I defintely would recommend this place.Special Features:
- The mushroom soup!!!! NeedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/10/2012The mushroom soup!!!! Need I say more????? It is outstanding!!! I love the atmosphere as well. Great and outside scenic view also. There didn't seem to be much chicken on my husband's salad though. The chicken sandwich was good, not great, but good, but we both LOVED the mushroom soup! must try!Special Features:
- The ambience was fantastic.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2012The ambience was fantastic. The restaurant was beautiful and the food selection was great for both adults and children.Special Features:
- Great restaurant in the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/21/2012This is one of the best amusement park restaurants.Special Features:
- Excelente comida, ambienteOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/20/2012Excelente comida, ambiente nota 10 e atendimento idem! Ótima opção também para celíacos pois há cardápio "gluten free"!
- The atmosphere is pretty andOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/17/2012The atmosphere is pretty and interesting, and the service was good. We had the vegan pad thai which was ok. The experience wasn't anything remarkable, but it was worth doing once. Reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- MythosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/15/2012I had the Salmon and it was cooked perfectly. Also the tomato soup, which was delicious. The server had a hard time keeping up with her tables. The mashed potatoes were pretty nondescript. The atmosphere was unique if a bit loud. I'm glad I went and will recommend it to anyone going to IOA.Special Features:
- Mythos is what you would expectOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/14/2012Mythos is what you would expect at a theme park. Food wasn't terrible, but needed a tad more flavor. Service tended to be non-existent as our dinner progressed.it took sometime to get our check.
- Food was really tasty, fabulousPeaSea1Dined on 1/14/2012Food was really tasty, fabulous ambiance--inside "a volcano!" One person's food was delayed because it didn't meet the manager's expectations, and then he comped it!! Very nice. Pretty views--fun for kids.Special Features:
- OK, but not great.AlwaysOutDined on 1/13/2012Went in with high expectations due to "best of" claims. Food and experience above average for theme parks, but not worth rushing back.
- Mythos is still wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/12/2012Mythos is still wonderful by theme-park standards, but each menu change brings cheaper ingredients and dumbed-down flavors.Special Features:
- Very Good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/9/2012Cool place! One of the best theme park restaurants we've been to.Special Features: