Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
403 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (227)scenic view (197)kid-friendly (187)fit for foodies (118)special occasion (102)good for groups (87)romantic (60)hot spot (43)great for outdoor dining (34)great for brunch (32)neighborhood gem (26)late-night find (6)notable wine list (5)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great all roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Lovely place,lovely food,great service from viktorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in theme parksOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014We've eaten here several times and never been disappointed. The cavernous interior of Mythos looks like an underwater grotto inhabited by giant stone gods. In addition to the dining room there is an outdoor seating area which provides an awesome view of the park’s inland sea, the Hulk Coaster, Seuss Landing and other attractions. The service is always very friendly, and the food is among the best, most unique you’ll encounter in the parks. My favorite is pad thai noodles with shrimp and chicken. And of course the children's menu features the standard fare. Yet despite the good service, high quality food and spectacular surroundings, the prices are very reasonable, less than many other theme park sit down restaurants of lesser quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had a 1:00pm reservation and we were promptly seated at 12:50. Everything was fantastic except for the fact that it took the waiter about 10 minutes before he greeted us! Everything after that was fantastic! His service was great and attentive! He was very personable and took the time to explain all the questions we had about the menu items! The food came out fast even though the restaurant was very busy. I ordered the Meatloaf! The presentation was very nice with two slices of meatloaf on top of mashed potatoes with onion straws on top. The Birthday boy who was accompanying me even received a free dessert shot of his choice and of course we all sang Happy Birthday to him. The restaurant exteriors and interiors are amazing!Special Features:
- OkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014Good food for an only choice, other than fast food at the theme park. Our waiter was awful. We felt we were a huge inconvenience b/c we wanted to sit and relax with a glass of wine. He was rushing us the entire time.
- Mythos Rocks!LindaLouDined on 8/23/2014We always have a great meal at Mythos and this was no exception!Special Features:
- Great for lunch when at the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Myths was an oasis from the Centeral Florida heat. The food was very good, the service was as expected and the view/ambiance was great. I definitely recommend this place if you are at Ilsands of AdventureSpecial Features:
- Awesome foodHeaterguy100Dined on 8/22/2014Ate here yesterday and the food was great. For the price the quality is well worth it. It was cheaper eating here then at the Hard Rock. Here we had filet mignon, there we had hamburgers. Can't wait to come back next year to eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome.DiningduoDined on 8/22/2014I made a reservations so our wait time was less than 5 mins. It was a nice break from all the rides...and the heat. The atmosphere was great, the staff were very friendly, and the food was perfect. I had the salmon and my son had the roast beef panini. We were both raving about our meals! We will definitely be back to Mythos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theme restaurantMommaLuLuDined on 8/22/2014The 'best theme park restaurant six years running' is a well deserved accolade. It is very unusually themed and quite ethereal, feeling like you are in a subterranean cave with massive carvings and private seating areas cut through the curving 'rock' interior. We enjoyed our choices, fresh tastes and some unusual but pleasing combinations and were pleasantly surprised at our check total for theme park dining. Overall highly recommend to all for lunch and dinner, though there is limited choice for little ones, so not completely child-friendly if you have a picky eater to consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food. Wonderful service. Lived the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every cent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We ate at an upscale sit down restaurant at each of the major parks in the area and this was by far the best food we enjoyed during our stay! The service was excellent as we expected and our children were right at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cold, don't go after wet rideOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Food is decent, especially considering the options in the park, but only slightly better than your average diner. The place is beautiful with a great view over a lake and other attractions. Service was indifferent. The temperature must have been below 60 (seriously!), and when asked if it is always this cold, the waiter said that they have "given up trying to adjust the temperature, because it is either very cold or very hot, so we think cold is better". Perhaps for the staff running around, but not for clients who are lightly dressed in the summer heat, and perhaps has been on a wet ride or two!Special Features:
- Universal FanMJ007Dined on 8/19/2014Seriously you must eat in this restaurant if you're going to Universal. It's on site directly across from Poseidon's fury, and during the summer heat it's a very cool find. It's themed like indoor grotto/cave, with very comfortable cool temperatures. This was seriously the best food I've had at any theme park, and this includes the Harry Potter restaurants. Everything's fresh and made to order with great taste. The service is phenomenal and are there to make your dining experience memorable. Great job!Special Features:
- Mythos early dinner reviewJohnVIPDined on 8/18/2014I don't know if management changed or the workforce has a lesser degree of cleanliness or customer service, but something has changed. I visit this restaurant every year and this was by far a poor dining experience. The server was inattentive, the food was cold and arrived nearly 25 minutes after placing the order. Every time I have visited Mythos in the past my dining experience was completely satisfying. I probably won't return the next time.Special Features:
- DeliciousBigTonyDined on 8/17/2014Delicious food and a great atmosphere. The pad Thai and the meatloaf were both excellent. As were the dessert shooters that came with the dining plan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Food was good as always, but it was freezing in the restaurant which I found to be very uncomfortable while I was trying to enjoy my meal. Had the chicken alfredo and bit into a hard bone or seed which almost broke my tooth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This is our fifth time going there we love the food and deserts great place and reasoniable pricesSpecial Features:
- Delicious Park GemQuailsDined on 8/15/2014A diamond in the ruff among food stalls and chicken leg stands, Mythos really stands out as a fine restaurant. The atmosphere is fitting of Island's of Adventure, but provides almost an oasis from the park itself. The high ceilings and moderately lit rooms, more like caverns, keep patrons cool even on Florida's hottest days. The menu was diverse and not overly expensive. It had something for everyone, from fish connoisseur to land lover and small plates to large meals. The only thing that may need improving, but was not exclusive to only Mythos, was attentiveness of service. The water should never go empty for longer than a few minutes in a place where guests so easily can dehydrate, and the check should be supplied quicker.Special Features:
- Surprising SpotJaniceDined on 8/15/2014I regret not visiting since the first time I went to IOA, the experience should not be missed.Special Features:
- Bad serviceunimpressedDined on 8/15/2014We were so excited to try mythos, due to the awards for best theme park food. We were very unempressed. We ordered the meatloaf with with mushrooms. It was OK at best. Kind of bland and rubbery. The only time we seen our waiter is when he took our money. Very disappointed! Monsters cafe, bubba gumps, and the sci fi outrank this restraunt by far!!
- MythosCanadacathDined on 8/15/2014Ate here twice while on vacation. Great air conditioned break from the park! Food was excellent both times and so was the service!Special Features:
- BritabroadDined on 8/15/2014Best restaurant at universal's Islands of AdventureSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant with fab serviceHcp1302Dined on 8/15/2014Book I'm advance - glad we did as walk in wait times were long. Not a huge choice but enough. Food was good, portion sizes large and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good varietyluv2eatDined on 8/15/2014At theme parks the menus are usually pretty limited but Mythos had a nice variety to fit the likes of five very different tastes.Special Features:
- Good food, atmosphere not so muchHummaFishDined on 8/14/2014When we were led to our table, the 1st thing that struck me was how dim our area was. As I looked around, there was lighting above some tables, just not over ours. The bench seating was too far back from the table so we had to move it ourselves. The 1 saving grace was that the food was delicious! Recommend the mahi mahi & my kids loved the pasta with garlic cream sauce. While our server was pleasant, we didn't see much of him & as we came to the end of our meal & the restaurant was closing, we saw even less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had high expectations for this last meal of our family vacation based on reviews. Unfortunately, our experience did not live up to them. The food was generally good, but nothing special. The service was slow and we received very little attention. A salad was not brought out until after the meal (we were not charged for the salad). It appeared as though our waitress went missing and others tried to cover for her.
- papaeate2Dined on 8/14/2014Whenever my wife and I are in Universal's Islands of Adventure we make it a point to eat at Mythos. The menu has great and varied selection of appetizers and entrees, we have always been very pleased with our selections. The restaurants architecture and décor are simply amazing and on a hot summer's day it is probably the coolest place in the park which makes it a great oasis in the Islands of Adventure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, too coldHungryformoreDined on 8/13/2014Food was really good and well prepared, we could not complain in that aspect. Prices were great and the restaurant looked really nice. However it was extremely cold, especially for a theme park with water rides.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/12/2014The food was excellent but the service was extremely slow. Our waitress or kitchen may have just been having an off night, but the table that came in 30 minutes after us got their food before us. We did not order anything special or different. The odder thing was that 2 orders came out 5 minutes prior to the other 2 orders. We did ask for our check as soon as we got our meals just because we didn't know when we were going to see the waitstaff again. Food was excellent and the restaurant was beautiful to look at. Just a slight disappointment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall good - for a theme parkfoodloverDined on 8/12/2014The décor is very unique. We arrived for an early dinner at about 5:30 (with reservations). We were seated next to a fountain and kept getting splashed. It wasn't really bad so we opted to stay where we were. The menu is a little random. We expected more Mediterranean dishes (particularly for the daily specials) but there was a wide variety of dishes. The food we had was good although a little under seasoned. The dessert on the dining plan (dessert shots) that we chose was crème Brule although it was more like a cheesecake than a true crème Brule. It didn't taste bad but wasn't what we expected. The server was very good and offered us another dessert when we commented on the crème Brule. Sounded like he had heard the comment before.Special Features:
- Mythos - Cool!PaulElwellDined on 8/12/2014We booked this restaurant after reading all the great reviews and being a family that do not normally have theme park food. This was the only booking that we made poor to our holiday. The restaurant is a gem. The ambience is amazing. The seating areas are very well done and it doesn't feel that people are too close. The food was well presented and a good quantity, not huge but enough and the quality was very good. Deserts were good too although we only went for the smaller sampler ones. The price was ok, obviously not the cheaper end for a theme park but you pay for quality. Definitely would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired of fast food?NYersinFLDined on 8/11/2014If you are traveling to Universal Studio's, make sure you make a reservation for Mytho's! We had reservations for dinner, were running early, and they seated us right away! Our kids are 8 & 10, and they loved the Pasta of the Day, and the Pad Thai respectively. The adults loved the mahi and the Pad Thai. That's the down and dirty! Eat here! You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NopechowhoundDined on 8/11/2014I can see why this was a best resturant for 6 years but isn't any more. The wine menu on our table nasty. It was sticky and the pages were gross. There was so much food on the floor under our table it was horrible. Dear God get a broom and sweep the floor. One word nasty.Special Features:
- Simply awesomeLove2travelDined on 8/9/2014This place is a "must"! I had the cordon blue chicken sandwich which by far is the very best sandwich I have ever had in my life! My husband had their speciality burger that was out of this world. Two of our kids had pasta and the other two had hamburgers -- all in all VERY good. The atmosphere is great and the service was 100% perfect! It is nice and cool and the perfect place to recharge the batteries. We will never visit this park again without eating here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to EatKPostieDined on 8/9/2014My family and I enjoyed our lunch at Mythos during a busy August Saturday in Islands of Adventure. We had resurvations which is recomended as this is a popular resturant. The Architecture provided most of the theming. The menu had plenty of family friendly items but they all included a special twist that greatly impressed my foodie wife. The staff was top notch, everyone was a professional and treated all the customers right. This coming from a resturant in a theme park where you would expect to get college students with no clue.Special Features:
- Healthy food in a nice restaurantNad2014Dined on 8/8/2014Great restaurant with healthy food but very cold in there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As good as it gets at UniversalTeriroseVIPDined on 8/8/2014Food options at Universal parks are not good. Mythos is probably the best choice, which is like being the best ice hockey player in Puerto Rico. Food is ok but nothing special. Most of the other options at both Universal parks are junk food, so Mythos is good by comparison. Other than Mythos and Confisco, there is no place to eat within the confines of the parks that I could recommend.Special Features:
- Very unhappyUnhappyDined on 8/7/2014We booked Mythos restaurant due to the supposed great reviews. Our experience was terrible. The service was quite frankly appalling. We waited for a table along with 'walk ins' despite having booked. We were then left for way too long before we asked for our drinks. The waitress left our table part way through taking our order to attend another table. Once we had finished our starters our plates were left at the table whilst our main course eventually arrived, at that point some of our starter plates were removed and others simply left on the table. Only 3 of our 4 meals arrived, we then had to wait again whilst our daughters meal arrived. Best theme park restaurant, NEVER!
- Nice!GayleneDined on 8/7/2014Mythos was very nice. The food was very good and beautifully presented. If you are really hungry and want larger portions - don't go here. Our waiter was very pleasant. The setting is absolutely wonderful. Very quiet, the ambiance of the place was very nice. I would recommend this only for adults.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/6/2014We loved everything about mythos from the amazing decor to the delicious food. Book a reservation !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.