Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
418 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (221)scenic view (210)kid-friendly (180)fit for foodies (125)good for groups (111)special occasion (97)romantic (63)hot spot (43)great for outdoor dining (40)great for brunch (28)neighborhood gem (22)notable wine list (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Great food for theme parkOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/28/2014Food was excellent, had the pad Thai, very good. Meatloaf w/wild mushrooms also looked excellent. Thought this would be mostly Greek food, but it seamed more international. Only real criticism, which was minor. The service was a little slow, but we found that to be the case at most of the Universal Studio restaurants.Special Features:
- very nice experianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014we had a very nice experience, the food was five stars and the waiter was very attentive and very good, the building was neat and very kitchy, all in all a wonderful dinning experience.Special Features:
- Incredible viewScrappyVIPDined on 10/25/2014One of the best views of the park! Quality of food was great well is the service and drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014As a family I ordered for my 2 children the children's menu at 6.99 which I thought was ok the server said that you could add shrimp or chicken so I said one with chicken and one with shrimp on arrival 1 had no shrimp so i called the server over and they brought over 4 sautéed shrimp and plopped it on top of the child's portion which I thought ok it's only a kids menu after wards I asked for the bill and I find out that the kids menu 6.99 and the additional shrimp 7.50 which now brings it to 14.49 for a child's portion ,this is absolutely wrong and leaves a bad taste in anybody's mouth, if you offer a kids menu t is just that smaller portions for less money in this case it is small portions for more money absolute conn Last time for me !
- This used to be good.OscarDined on 10/24/2014We are regulars at Universal Studios and we have eaten at this restaurant over 20 times. Always had a good experience. Today was just terrible. First, even with reservations, we had to wait over 15 minutes to be seated. People that just walked in were seated before us. We had to ask for water 3 times to actually get a glass of water. We got to see our waiters twice during our meal, we she took our order and when we left. The appetizers were serve quickly and in good order but then, after almost half an hour and several complains, we finally got our entries. Even our 3 year old finished eating before we got our food. My wife ordered beef, which was obviously re heated in a microwave. What a way to ruin a perfect day at the theme park.Special Features:
- Positive experienceRedheadShafferDined on 10/23/2014The service was exceptional. We got a text reminder about our reservation and were able to check in via txt. Food was delicious. Atmosphere- top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Mythos had a good selection of food and wonderful service! Our waiter was so friendly and made sure we were always taken care of.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/23/2014Thought it would be theme park food, but just as other reviews stated nice food, generous portions and good wins list. Reasonably priced. Would definetley revisit and recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The place for lunchMakeourdayDined on 10/21/2014Taking a lunch break at Mythos was the best thing we did all day. The wait staff were great; the food was delivered to us in a very timely manner. Our meals were quite obviously made with freshly prepared ingredients and were well-presented/plated and delicious. My only regret is that we don't have a Mythos back home in Minnesota!Special Features:
- WonderfulMimmieDined on 10/21/2014This is our 2nd year in a row to visit universal and have eaten at Mythos for lunch both times. We love it. The atmosphere is wonderful and is a good break from the parks. We used open table while in line for a ride and got the time we wanted. We will come here again. The staff is not overly friendly, but the service is good. Go out back toward the water and take pictures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointspmillDined on 10/20/2014eat here whenever in universal always wonderful nice not to have to eat park foodSpecial Features:
- Didn't live up to the hypeSNDRSDined on 10/19/2014We were very excited to eat lunch at Mythos after hearing great things about the food and the awards that the restaurant had received. Maybe we just didn't order then right dishes, but the food seemed very average. Service was fine and the decor was cool.Special Features:
- great food & beveragesfoodforthoughtDined on 10/19/2014Remains definately one of the best "fine food" restaurants in the large Universal/Islands of Adventure/Citywalk park (is located in Islands). This was the fourth time over the years have had lunch there -- and the food was fantastic !! (fit for foodies, reasonable prices). Would strongly recommend for anyone needing a break from the chaos of the park -- service was fast and friendly. Recommend making a reservation if pressed for time as although have gone in past as a "walkin", usually there is a wait to be seated vs getting a table right away with a reservation.Special Features:
- ElizaDeeDined on 10/19/2014Great food and great location in Universal Studios. The room has a great theme and some great views of the rest of Universal being right on the water. The service was slow which I wouldn't expect from a theme park restaurant on a day ot wasbt busy, but may have been an off day for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service was lackingVacationfolksDined on 10/18/2014We enjoyed the atmosphere but our waitress was not very friendly and she was not very attentive at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomePamolaDined on 10/18/2014I was pleasantly surprised. The food was great and reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food in the Park!dinamarieindyDined on 10/17/2014By the 5th day of our Universal Vacation I was dying for a decent meal. Theme park food is not generally healthy and our Hotel added an automatic gratuity to their already high prices. Mythos was delicious and I didn't feel like I was being gouged. I recommend reservations at the last seating time, the view of the park lights at night was awesome!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Who has rated them #1?GuillaumeDined on 10/17/2014The sign at the entrance sets the stage: "#1 theme park restaurant for 6 consecutive years". Are the guys rating really eating there before giving such award? First of all the service: we've been served by someone who was probably just back from a nervous break, no passion and no attention at all. Then the food. Don't expect to eat what you've ordered: 2 mistakes with 4 meals ordered. The blue cheese cordon bleu came as a burger with no blue cheese. Sushi are served hot, that's unique but then I'd not call that a sushi. Also don't forget to bring your jacket, it's f* cold inside, someone has been too strong with the air co, request a table on the terrasse alternatively. Net, a place where you don't eat well with a below average service.Special Features:
- Birthday at MythoslaenfanteDined on 10/17/2014My husband took me to Mythos for my birthday. It's a beautiful place to sit and have lunch. His ricotta was very good, but my burger, which I had asked to be medium, was overdone and charred on the bottom. Not what I expected from such a nice place. Our server Robert was wonderful and attentive.Special Features:
- Luv2eatDined on 10/16/2014My only disappointment was that it was my husbands birthday and I told them twice to bring something out and they never didSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!luvmaui3Dined on 10/16/2014Our experience here exceeded our expectations, which were pretty high. Lovely atmosphere, good service, and a level of excellence with each individual dish we ordered. The spanakopita, spinach salad, meatloaf, beef medallions and pad thai were all delicious. My husband did add some sriracha sauce to the pad thai for increased heat and flavor. Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Food was excellentdissatisfiedDined on 10/16/2014I reserved a table for my daughter's 10th birthday I thought this would be a good experience. I thought the food was excellent. I thought the hosts were not very friendly, the waiter was not very friendly AT ALL. I felt like noone wanted to be there. It was not a very busy night and it looked like there were enough food runners, extra wait staff etc. In my experience when the feeling of the whole place is not so good you should look at the upper management and managers. Why does your staff not want to be there? I wrote in advance that it was my daughter's birthday all I wanted was a acknowledgement. Food great, wait staff poor, customer service very poor. I was very disappointed.Special Features:
- Still topsfishbulb14Dined on 10/15/2014Never been to Mythos before but had read and heard that it was the 'best theme park restaurant' (ever). Did not disappoint! Food was fantastic and surprisingly affordable (not near as expensive as similar dining experience I had at a certain 'west coast' theme park 'bayou' themed restaurant). Had fantastic cocktails before and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our meal - filling but not 'stuffing'. Would highly recommend and will definitely go there again when at IOASpecial Features:
- Out of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Not many Mediterranean food choices and they were out of some sides. Booked in advance an sat at a table that had a window to waiting area. Two kids stood in window tapping on window and peering at us entire meal. Wait staff good. No refills on drinks and wrap had no grapes, cucumbers or tomatoes in it. Better if served with fries.Special Features:
- FantasticTaffy1959Dined on 10/13/2014We ate at Mythos during a 2 week holiday to Orlando, we've been visiting Orlando for 11 years and never eaten at Mythos before but we fully intend to return, the food and service were both fantastic. We started with Mediteranian Flatbread and Tempura Sushi followed by Meatloaf with a Jack Daniels gravy and chicken and shrimp Pad Thai both meals were the best we have had so far this holiday and I would recommend this restaurant to anyoneSpecial Features:
- MehMattDined on 10/13/2014Atmosphere was great. Food was average. Service was horrible.Special Features:
- Decent Theme Park LunchIzzysmamaDined on 10/13/2014The food is definitely better than the other offerings at Universal so I certainly recommend eating there over a fast food option. Our server, Eric, was the best part of the experience. He was very friendly and helpful. Recommended for a respite from the day.Special Features:
- Not what it used to be.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014My husband and I make it a point to go to this restaurant every time we visit Islands of Adventure. The food has always been excellent and very well priced for a theme park. We visited last weekend and I have to say that the prices remain, but the food was decidedly less delicious this go around. I'm hoping it was an off day. I was also sad to see the mushroom soup was not on the menu, as it was one of their best dishes. I do not think it will be as important for us to specifically eat here in the future. We can get the same level of quality at other places in the park. I.e. the gyros at the fire-eaters stand nearby.
- Delicious Food, great serviceJessDined on 10/12/2014I always have a wonderful experience here. The food is tasty, the ambiance is warm and inviting and the service is perfect for my needs. It was the first time my friend had eaten there and they are already talking about going back.Special Features:
- Nice EscapejrannisDined on 10/12/2014In a busy park it is nice to have the option to have a fairly quiet sit-down meal. The food was very good, especially compared to the other options that are available in the park. Prices were overall reasonable, again compared to what your options are in the immediate area. The theme is good, and there are no shows like at a Rainforest Cafe or T-Rex restaurant. (the lack of shows is a positive in my opinion)Special Features:
- To see, not to eatHeroDined on 10/12/2014I don't think our experience lived up to our expectation. Food was just ok, service was slow and poor (We had to ask for forks).Special Features:
- Love MythosGeorgeVIPDined on 10/12/2014You don't expect a theme park restaurant to be as good as your neighborhood favorite. But Mythos is BETTER. Go and enjoy !!!Special Features:
- Enter the Cave of Mythos!MijoDocDined on 10/11/2014I surprised my fiancé with a nice lunch break reservation to Mythos in the middle of our time at Islands of Adventure. I highly recommend making a reservation as we were sat immediately, as opposed to waiting ~45 minutes, which could really set your day back at IoA unless you have an express pass. The service was timely and the food delicious. We ordered the risotto of the day (beef tips) and pad thai, which we each tried. I was content with the food preparation and taste. Inside, you feel like you're in a cave, which gives it a nice romantic feel. The food is well priced and so are the beers. There are some specialty signature drinks for $15, but we didn't go for the sugar rush. I would recommend this restaurant to a friend .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed emotions on MythosThemeparkfanDined on 10/10/2014We where really looking forward to dining at Mythos. We arrived for our reservation and had a 10 minute wait (which gave us a chance to look over the menu). Once seated our waiter arrived to take our drink order, asked us if we had any questions about the menu, we had one and once answered we both decided on the same dish and placed our order. The waiter returned with our drinks and some bread and that was the last we saw of him until it was time for the bill (someone else brought out our food). No checking in on us or drink refills. We were seated by the windows overlooking the water but the view was hindered by unsupervised children climbing all over the rocks and pressing on the glass. Food was great everything else not so much.Special Features:
- Good for Theme Park FareWeatherOrNotDined on 10/10/2014First time @ Mythos. Surprisingly good food for a theme park restaurant. Our server appeared to have too many tables and/or was new to the job, so the service was lacking (it took about 7 - 10 minutes to get acknowledged...that is a huge no no). The food made up for it, however, (Roasted Corn & Tortilla Soup, Asian Chicken Salad, Beef Medallions, and Meatloaf) with their higher quality and flavorful ingredients.Special Features:
- A must visit, a true GemBluebellDined on 10/10/2014A great theme restaurant, excellent service and food at reasonable price, highly recommended. A must add to the checklist for the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get a reservationTomsterRobinitaDined on 10/9/2014Nice restaurant in the Lost Continent section of Islands of Adventure. Great ambience with the cave setting, though a bit noisy; we were there for lunch and had great daytime views of the lagoon and other parts of the park. Recommend sitting near the windows or, weather permitting, outside. Otherwise it might feel a bit claustrophobic. Many good options with appetizers and entrees. We had the spanikopita for starters; freshly made with tasty add-ons to spread on or dip. For main courses, my wife had the meatloaf and said it was scrumptious while our kids had tasty pasta dishes and I had a roast beef panini. Wouldn't call it exceptional, but definitely good. Top piece of advice: get recommendations. Walk-ups were waiting forever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food, great service!GiotapmsvDined on 10/8/2014Best park Restaraunt, cool Theme, great menu choices. Would highly recommend to all and would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MYthos is MAGICJSBonessDined on 10/8/2014Ate at Mythos with the my family whilst at Universal Studios and the food, setting and server were all fantastic. Forget Harry Potter, Mythos is where the real magic isSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good ServiceDanVDined on 10/8/2014Our server name Vitor was very gentle and attentive the service was very quick, good ambiance !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.