Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.universalorlando.com/
- Phone: 4072244012
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner Nightly: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Wachowiak
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: VIP room which holds up to 50 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Daniel Gallagher 4072244533
- Cross Street: Universal Islands of Adventure
- Public Transit: A large number of local hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Universal Orlando. Please check with where you are staying for further information.
- Parking: No
- Parking Details: The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators, on-site wheelchair rental, and an on-site kennel. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket. Daily parking fees per vehicle: Regular Parking $15.00 ($3.00 between 6 p.m. and 10 p.m.*) Preferred Parking $20.00 RV/Bus Parking $20.00 Valet $15.00 (under 2hrs) Valet $25.00 (over 2hrs) Valet Red Carpet $35.00
A word from Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure
Mythos is more than just a restaurant it is a Myth and a legend drawn from greek mythology and the constellations."Grotto of the Gods" Mythos is an ancient observatory where they chart the heavens with the constellations. Try our ACF 2010 gold medal winning Bistro Filet and our daily creative signature dishes such as the risotto and pasta of the day. Voted #1 Theme Park Restaurant 6 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Mythos at Universal's Islands of Adventure reviews from OpenTable diners
422 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (236)scenic view (207)kid-friendly (197)fit for foodies (122)special occasion (106)good for groups (97)romantic (62)hot spot (47)great for outdoor dining (35)great for brunch (33)neighborhood gem (27)late-night find (6)notable wine list (6)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Excellent food more choices neededOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was great but there was a lack of selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice for IOAOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014It was a really nice break from the hustle and bustle of Universal. Food was tasty and Service was great.Special Features:
- Make a reservation!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is really good!!!!, amazing decoration and excellent food. I am really recommend the restaurant. Do reservations because always is full. The meat loaf is delicious. You and your party will enjoy the place for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make Reservations ahead of time!RaynmanDined on 8/31/2014Definitely the best food you'll have at a theme park! The food is always good quality, and served in a very nice air conditioned setting. It's a restaurant that both kids and adults alike will enjoy. The service by our waitress seemed a bit off this visit, but always a friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at the theme parkOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a great view of the park over the water. The food was delicious and you got away from the normal theme park food. It was an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FunOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Had dinner Sat. night at Mythos with family party of 12. Great service and food choices appropriate for all - from kids to discerning adults. Terrific theme park option!Special Features:
- Still the Best!PastymageDined on 8/30/2014I've eaten here several times over the years, and I've never been disappointed. Excellent food, friendly staff, nice views. I tried the "Strawberry Shortcake" signature cocktail, which was great - I have dubbed it "Boozy Shake", as it's effectively a strawberry shake with liquor (not too much). I didn't even realize the glass it came in was a souvenir glass I got to take away until they brought a box to the table after the check came, with a fresh unused glass. If you're prone to chills, do bring an extra layer, the AC in here is industrial-strength, but I prefer that to the alternative!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not expensive mealkmukerDined on 8/30/2014Good and not expensive food ($80 for two including drinks and tips) for restaurant advertized as number 1 in all parks. Service was prompt. There is 15 min before warning, but we was late 5 min and have no problems with seating. There are two types of seatings, tables with chairs was not comfortable. Do not expect anything special if you plan to have birthday here (micro cake and happy birthday from serving water).Special Features:
- Disappointing lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We had a lunchtime reservation at the restaurant on Saturday (30th August) and were really looking forward to taking my first timer mother, after a previously good experience. However, we were left very disappointed. While our actual server was excellent, we were not finished our starters when our main courses arrived because another server brought them to the table. Some of our plates were removed while we were eating from them and my son who is quite a slow eater had to push his shushi starter to one side to make room for his main course. He didn't even finish his starter in the end as he, as we all did felt rushed and unwelcome. As though we were all being rushed and couldn't enjoy our meal. Not an experience we will be repeating!
- Wink68Dined on 8/29/2014Outstanding Restaurant inside of Universal StudiosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is A+++OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/27/2014Everytime we're at Universal Islands of Adventure. Its always a permanent dining fixture in our vacation. Great food, ambience and excerllent service and prices. A hidden gem within the theme park.Special Features:
- Great all roundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014Lovely place,lovely food,great service from viktorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in theme parkstomwriterDined on 8/26/2014We've eaten here several times and never been disappointed. The cavernous interior of Mythos looks like an underwater grotto inhabited by giant stone gods. In addition to the dining room there is an outdoor seating area which provides an awesome view of the park’s inland sea, the Hulk Coaster, Seuss Landing and other attractions. The service is always very friendly, and the food is among the best, most unique you’ll encounter in the parks. My favorite is pad thai noodles with shrimp and chicken. And of course the children's menu features the standard fare. Yet despite the good service, high quality food and spectacular surroundings, the prices are very reasonable, less than many other theme park sit down restaurants of lesser quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I had a 1:00pm reservation and we were promptly seated at 12:50. Everything was fantastic except for the fact that it took the waiter about 10 minutes before he greeted us! Everything after that was fantastic! His service was great and attentive! He was very personable and took the time to explain all the questions we had about the menu items! The food came out fast even though the restaurant was very busy. I ordered the Meatloaf! The presentation was very nice with two slices of meatloaf on top of mashed potatoes with onion straws on top. The Birthday boy who was accompanying me even received a free dessert shot of his choice and of course we all sang Happy Birthday to him. The restaurant exteriors and interiors are amazing!Special Features:
- Good food, SLOW serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2014We ate at Mythos in mid-August. The restaurant has a really interesting ambiance, but was quite loud. I ordered the special risotto of the day, which was very delicious. My two complaints about the restaurant are that it was positively FREEZING cold inside, and we waited almost 45 minutes to get our food. This had nothing to do with our server, who was very attentive. There was a large party of approximately 20 people at the table behind us and they ordered shortly before we did. We had a reservation. If the kitchen knows they cannot handle a large party along with other tables and get the food out in a timely manner, then they shouldn't take other reservations for that time.Special Features:
- OkSons6thbdayDined on 8/23/2014Good food for an only choice, other than fast food at the theme park. Our waiter was awful. We felt we were a huge inconvenience b/c we wanted to sit and relax with a glass of wine. He was rushing us the entire time.
- Mythos Rocks!LindaLouDined on 8/23/2014We always have a great meal at Mythos and this was no exception!Special Features:
- Great for lunch when at the parkOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014Myths was an oasis from the Centeral Florida heat. The food was very good, the service was as expected and the view/ambiance was great. I definitely recommend this place if you are at Ilsands of AdventureSpecial Features:
- Awesome foodHeaterguy100Dined on 8/22/2014Ate here yesterday and the food was great. For the price the quality is well worth it. It was cheaper eating here then at the Hard Rock. Here we had filet mignon, there we had hamburgers. Can't wait to come back next year to eat here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was awesome.DiningduoDined on 8/22/2014I made a reservations so our wait time was less than 5 mins. It was a nice break from all the rides...and the heat. The atmosphere was great, the staff were very friendly, and the food was perfect. I had the salmon and my son had the roast beef panini. We were both raving about our meals! We will definitely be back to Mythos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great theme restaurantMommaLuLuDined on 8/22/2014The 'best theme park restaurant six years running' is a well deserved accolade. It is very unusually themed and quite ethereal, feeling like you are in a subterranean cave with massive carvings and private seating areas cut through the curving 'rock' interior. We enjoyed our choices, fresh tastes and some unusual but pleasing combinations and were pleasantly surprised at our check total for theme park dining. Overall highly recommend to all for lunch and dinner, though there is limited choice for little ones, so not completely child-friendly if you have a picky eater to consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Great food. Wonderful service. Lived the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It´very cold!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014The restaurant and the food are excellent, buy the air conditioning is extremelly frozen!! my husband didn´t have a coat and we had to finish quickly to have lunch because he was becoming purple!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth every cent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014We ate at an upscale sit down restaurant at each of the major parks in the area and this was by far the best food we enjoyed during our stay! The service was excellent as we expected and our children were right at home!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very cold, don't go after wet rideOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/19/2014Food is decent, especially considering the options in the park, but only slightly better than your average diner. The place is beautiful with a great view over a lake and other attractions. Service was indifferent. The temperature must have been below 60 (seriously!), and when asked if it is always this cold, the waiter said that they have "given up trying to adjust the temperature, because it is either very cold or very hot, so we think cold is better". Perhaps for the staff running around, but not for clients who are lightly dressed in the summer heat, and perhaps has been on a wet ride or two!Special Features:
- Best Burger Ever212georgiaDined on 8/19/2014The waiter was fantastic and my husband and daughter had one of their best ever hamburgers. The Pad Thai is not great, but everything else wonderful.Special Features:
- Universal FanMJ007Dined on 8/19/2014Seriously you must eat in this restaurant if you're going to Universal. It's on site directly across from Poseidon's fury, and during the summer heat it's a very cool find. It's themed like indoor grotto/cave, with very comfortable cool temperatures. This was seriously the best food I've had at any theme park, and this includes the Harry Potter restaurants. Everything's fresh and made to order with great taste. The service is phenomenal and are there to make your dining experience memorable. Great job!Special Features:
- Mythos early dinner reviewJohnVIPDined on 8/18/2014I don't know if management changed or the workforce has a lesser degree of cleanliness or customer service, but something has changed. I visit this restaurant every year and this was by far a poor dining experience. The server was inattentive, the food was cold and arrived nearly 25 minutes after placing the order. Every time I have visited Mythos in the past my dining experience was completely satisfying. I probably won't return the next time.Special Features:
- DeliciousBigTonyDined on 8/17/2014Delicious food and a great atmosphere. The pad Thai and the meatloaf were both excellent. As were the dessert shooters that came with the dining plan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2014Food was good as always, but it was freezing in the restaurant which I found to be very uncomfortable while I was trying to enjoy my meal. Had the chicken alfredo and bit into a hard bone or seed which almost broke my tooth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This is our fifth time going there we love the food and deserts great place and reasoniable pricesSpecial Features:
- Delicious Park GemQuailsDined on 8/15/2014A diamond in the ruff among food stalls and chicken leg stands, Mythos really stands out as a fine restaurant. The atmosphere is fitting of Island's of Adventure, but provides almost an oasis from the park itself. The high ceilings and moderately lit rooms, more like caverns, keep patrons cool even on Florida's hottest days. The menu was diverse and not overly expensive. It had something for everyone, from fish connoisseur to land lover and small plates to large meals. The only thing that may need improving, but was not exclusive to only Mythos, was attentiveness of service. The water should never go empty for longer than a few minutes in a place where guests so easily can dehydrate, and the check should be supplied quicker.Special Features:
- Surprising SpotJaniceDined on 8/15/2014I regret not visiting since the first time I went to IOA, the experience should not be missed.Special Features:
- Bad serviceunimpressedDined on 8/15/2014We were so excited to try mythos, due to the awards for best theme park food. We were very unempressed. We ordered the meatloaf with with mushrooms. It was OK at best. Kind of bland and rubbery. The only time we seen our waiter is when he took our money. Very disappointed! Monsters cafe, bubba gumps, and the sci fi outrank this restraunt by far!!
- MythosCanadacathDined on 8/15/2014Ate here twice while on vacation. Great air conditioned break from the park! Food was excellent both times and so was the service!Special Features:
- BritabroadDined on 8/15/2014Best restaurant at universal's Islands of AdventureSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant with fab serviceHcp1302Dined on 8/15/2014Book I'm advance - glad we did as walk in wait times were long. Not a huge choice but enough. Food was good, portion sizes large and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good varietyluv2eatDined on 8/15/2014At theme parks the menus are usually pretty limited but Mythos had a nice variety to fit the likes of five very different tastes.Special Features:
- Good food, atmosphere not so muchHummaFishDined on 8/14/2014When we were led to our table, the 1st thing that struck me was how dim our area was. As I looked around, there was lighting above some tables, just not over ours. The bench seating was too far back from the table so we had to move it ourselves. The 1 saving grace was that the food was delicious! Recommend the mahi mahi & my kids loved the pasta with garlic cream sauce. While our server was pleasant, we didn't see much of him & as we came to the end of our meal & the restaurant was closing, we saw even less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014We had high expectations for this last meal of our family vacation based on reviews. Unfortunately, our experience did not live up to them. The food was generally good, but nothing special. The service was slow and we received very little attention. A salad was not brought out until after the meal (we were not charged for the salad). It appeared as though our waitress went missing and others tried to cover for her.