3253 Tampa Rd
Palm Harbor, FL 34684Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3bestchefs.com/
- Phone: (727) 771-1800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm till ?, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Bebell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luncheons for private parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Furhmann or Doug Bebell 7277711800
A word from Mystic Fish
The Mystic Fish Seafood Grill and Bar has been rated among Tampa Bay's Top 30 Restaurants since it's opening in 2001. Offering affordable, casual, Florida dining at it's best. Mystic fish serves some of the freshest and most creative seafood dishes as well as buffalo, duck, beef and nightly specials. You may choose your favorite wine from the stellar wine list or enjoy their generous cocktails from their full liquor bar. A grand selection of homemade desserts along with espresso and cappuccino will be a delightful way to finishing off your dining experience. A stylish decor of film sculptures abalone shells and custom fish tanks is the backdrop for a special relaxing evening. Located one mile East of US 19, just five minutes from Westin Innsbrook Golf Resort. When down at the beach please visit our sister restaurants, Guppy's and E&E Stakeout Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mystic Fish - Best Restaurants in Palm Harbor ›
Mystic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
309 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (239)special occasion (189)fit for foodies (166)romantic (102)good for groups (79)notable wine list (68)hot spot (27)vibrant bar scene (13)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Worth the drive.JackPatDined on 11/19/2014We're back again. Mystic Fish has become a regular for us. The chief is great and the value proposition exceptional. We only drive an hour and one half to dine here. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A dining pleasure!MILew2014Dined on 11/16/2014It's not possible to be better then the best, and what the Mystic Fish provided was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulkellygirl6872VIPDined on 11/15/2014Second time dining here, and great again. Choices were well presented and delicious. Portions were well sized and not huge. The wine selection was well thought out. Love the smaller desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful experience !happydinerDined on 11/15/2014The food was exceptional -- we were a party of four and all ordered different entrees, from bouillabaisse to scallops, to rack of lamb and filet mignon - every dish was perfectly executed, beautifully presented and delicious. And service was attentive and professional. A five star rating from us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodApplesVIPDined on 11/14/2014The food here is always very good and the presentation of it is always pretty as a picture. Extensive wine list and great martinis served exactly how they should be. Very attentive staff making our visit another memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!joananddavidDined on 11/13/2014Consistently exceeds our expectations. Great food and menu. Wide variety and always excellent service. We dine at Mystic Fish several times a year and our guests are always impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mystic FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I would not go here during season. Too busy, too crowded, and the tables are too close. Best for early bird or late reservations if you want to avoid the crowds at the height of season. The food is very good; wine and dessert choices outstanding. Lots of options for varied appetites. We were a bit rushed in by the waiter, but that was probably due to the crowds. In a nice restaurant like this you want to take your time and enjoy the food. Atmosphere is not anything special if you are looking for a quiet romantic spot. Foodies will love it though. Make a reservation, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantJLS1022Dined on 11/12/2014We always have a very good meal at Mystic Fish. It's one of our favorite places. We also like the small desserts, which are just enough to give you a sweet taste of something after dinner. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a Find!SammyDined on 11/12/2014I'm not even a sea food lover, but i loved the restaurant's atmosphere. The service was great. The food was great. i had the best Caesar salad. My chicken, asparagus, and mashed potatoes with onion and dill were great. i will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- topdadDined on 11/12/2014we are rRegular customers, Mystic Fish is our favorite local restaurant, consistently meets or exceeds expectations. The staff is great! They are friendly and knowledgeable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place with delicious foodhelidaveDined on 11/11/2014Good choice of food on the menu. Everything that we ate was delicious. The service was good, friendly and helpful with a touch of humour. It is essential to book as it is very popular. The early bird dinner from 4.30 to 5.30 is highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very PleasedtruthhurtsDined on 11/11/2014We ate here for a special occasion because a friend recommended it. Great choice. Great food and service was excellent. Early bird drinks and menu is such a great value too. This is my new go to spot for now. We also had our 14 month old and the staff were super friendly to her.Special Features:
- Very Satisfying Meal - we'll be back!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Everything was very good: the warm dinner rolls, the lobster bisque and the hogfish and the dessert. The waitress was a very nice young lady and my friend and I (it was my friend's birthday) had a very pleasant dinner. The key to a good meal is FRESHNESS and everything was fresh. I liked it so much that I am bringing 2 more friends next week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014We had a business dinner at Mystic Fish. Food was great. We added an extra person at the last minute. They accommodated us with no problem (and no attitude). Good customer service, good wait staff. Great food. We'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kcapiDined on 11/9/2014We were visiting the area for the weekend and decided to give Mystic Fish a try based on the reviews. It was wonderful!! The food was outstanding, as was the service. Heidi was great and her recommendations were spot on. If we are ever in the area again we will be sure to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mystic Fish 11/9/14DaddorkDined on 11/9/2014The food and service was as usual excellent. I have never had a bad experience at Mystic FishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They do things rightSuttonPlaceDined on 11/8/2014We had our first anniversary at Mystic Fish and had a great night. My wife and I are both restaurant managers and can be hard to wow sometimes, as we are very critical of "how it should be". The food was hot, quick, and cooked perfectly. Our server (Pete), did a great job. He was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. He even brought over a complimentary dessert do congratulate us on our anniversary. A nice touch! It's nice to see a small neighborhood restaurant run with class and professionalism. We will be back often.Special Features:
- perfecto!!!daleydaleVIPDined on 11/8/2014every single time.... every single item... can't say enough positive things about the mystic fish. these guys know what they are doing.. and they do it extremely well..... one of my favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mystic FishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Good food at a good price. Great value if you have a craving for Seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectnoreenisDined on 11/5/2014Superb food, restful ambiance and right in the neighborhood. Patrons include business men, young romantic couples, retirees, and even a family with older kids once in a while. The place to go for a special occasion or just a great dinner. It doesn't advertise because it doesn't have to. Its a Palm Harbor hidden treasure.Special Features:
- Nice surpriseOKeatsDined on 11/3/2014We had not been to Mystic Fish before, but on line reviews attracted us. We took visiting friends and the service and food was outstanding. The waiter was extremely knowledgeable, efficient and comfortable. We enjoyed the hogfish and the shrimp and scallop ravioli---yum!!!Special Features:
- TerryDined on 11/3/2014This was my second visit to this Mystic Fish and an important one--my boss was in town and I wanted a good, nonchain restaurant where to food is excellent and pricing was fair. Everyone in our party was quite pleased and I will dine there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucky43Dined on 11/2/2014The food, as always, was excellent. My guests were very pleased with everything. Melissa, our server, was very pleasant and helpful. Can't wait to come again!Special Features:
- None betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Mystic Fish is our very favorite place to dine. Always excellent service and the food is delicious every time.Special Features:
- pattyDined on 11/1/2014Awesome quality food. Best restaurant ever. The food Is fresh always consistent y I u could never be disappointed. The Hog Fish is suburbSpecial Features:
- ObservationGeorgeVIPDined on 10/31/2014An outstanding restaurant with great food ans ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous birthday dinner!AnonymousDined on 10/30/2014First time we tried this restaurant, and the first time I have ever ventured from the usual - Grouper. Tried Hogfish, and seriously...I couldn't have found a better dinner anywhere. The taste, the presentation, and the portion - phenomenal. Our server was wonderful as well, very helpful with information regarding the different menu items, and Jill was believable - not just saying what she thought we wanted to hear. Overall, this restaurant was like dining at a friend's house, who just happened to be a great chef!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful FindBrian1961VIPDined on 10/29/2014Thank you Open Table. We would not have found this place otherwise. The drab outward appearance in a strip mall where all locations have the same yellow awning was not a good start. BUT, server Brian was phenomenal. Stone Crab were out of this world. Asked Brian whether hot or cold, no equivocation, cold and he was right. Real cloth warmed with lemon juice for clean up. Conundrum in a proper ice bucket at 42$ was great. We split the BBQ shortribs app with the Chilean Sea Bass. Both excellent, the ribs, tender and made on location, the Sea Bass with light very crispy outside and tender creamy not overcooked but nice an warm in the middle. fantasic evening. best outing in the Dunedin-Safety-Tarpon-Clearwater area in many months....Special Features:
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Wonderful dinner. Great atmosphere. Would definitely re-visit.Special Features:
- WonderfulDanthemanDined on 10/25/2014Chef Doug created an amazing dish with his swordfish Diane. The wine selection was great, the service was exquisite and the food was just as good. The housemade Bleu cheese was nothing short of fabulous. This restaraunt is on my weekly bucket list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!ohiofloridaDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food with terrific service; great value for the price. Portions aren't overwhelming if you are trying to control calories. Better than other seafood restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- afp1004Dined on 10/24/2014Very well managed. The wait staff is excellent and does know the menu items. Food is very good and well served. excellent value at a fair price.Special Features:
- Stone Crab Clawsluv2dineDined on 10/24/2014The Jumbo Stone Crab Claws were FANTASTIC!!! Service was excellent as usual.Special Features:
- Always great and consistentForeverfloridaDined on 10/22/2014Never had a bad meal. Always outstanding and always consistent. Love the choice of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MYSTIC FISHAnitacDined on 10/22/2014Excellent food & service. The lobster escargot was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RJNBDined on 10/22/2014We enjoyed our birthday dinner, and were pleasantly surprised with the complimentary dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a terrific dining experienceVillageResidentVIPDined on 10/21/2014Service is always friendly yet professional. The food is fresh, creative, and delicious. We had the wonderful hog fish, lobster duo, scallops and ribs, artichoke small plate, my favorite, the always changing, always terrific vegetable plate. I can't say enough about this excellent restaurant. It's the best food experience in the Tampa Bay area although their sister restaurant, Guppy's runs a close second. Their Eventide, early dinner specials are a total bargain if you are able to be there between 4:30 and 5:30 pm.Special Features:
- Amazing hogfish!Lammons60VIPDined on 10/20/2014The food was amazing, as always, and they had my favorite dish as a special - hogfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Service awesome!FandSDined on 10/20/2014I would recommend Mystic Fish! Awesome ending to my vacation with great friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly SuggestKenBVIPDined on 10/20/2014We were looking for seafood at a good price. Mystic Fish did not disappoint. Food was tasty, wine was good and price was right. Very nice ambiance too.Special Features: