3253 Tampa Rd
Palm Harbor, FL 34684Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3bestchefs.com/
- Phone: 7277711800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm till ?, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Bebell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luncheons for private parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Furhmann or Doug Bebell 7277711800
A word from Mystic Fish
The Mystic Fish Seafood Grill and Bar has been rated among Tampa Bay's Top 30 Restaurants since it's opening in 2001. Offering affordable, casual, Florida dining at it's best. Mystic fish serves some of the freshest and most creative seafood dishes as well as buffalo, duck, beef and nightly specials. You may choose your favorite wine from the stellar wine list or enjoy their generous cocktails from their full liquor bar. A grand selection of homemade desserts along with espresso and cappuccino will be a delightful way to finishing off your dining experience. A stylish decor of film sculptures abalone shells and custom fish tanks is the backdrop for a special relaxing evening. Located one mile East of US 19, just five minutes from Westin Innsbrook Golf Resort. When down at the beach please visit our sister restaurants, Guppy's and E&E Stakeout Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mystic Fish - Best Restaurants in Palm Harbor ›
Mystic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
289 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (220)special occasion (175)fit for foodies (147)romantic (98)notable wine list (53)good for groups (53)hot spot (28)kid-friendly (13)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (8)great for lunch (7)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (5)scenic view (3)Show More
- Hidden gemDawnDined on 8/26/2014Mystic Fish always delivers...great freash seafood and more, impeccable service and atmosphere that is neither stuffy or folksy...a personal favorite!Special Features:
- Great seafoodMeducatorVIPDined on 8/22/2014Consistent fine service and fresh seafood beautifully preparedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for NewcomerejbackinflDined on 8/22/2014Having just moved to the area and still felling ourselves around the food scene we were pleased our first special occasion dining experience was Mystic Fish. The seafood dishes chosen were fresh and cooked to perfection. The small filet topped with blue cheese was a great steak and the service excellent. My wife enjoyed celebrating her first birthday as a new Floridian at Mystic Fish. We will become regulars I am sure of it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014It is our most favorite restaurant in the entire area. Always good food, perfect service. Outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Palm HarbornoreenisDined on 8/20/2014Absolutely the finest food and ambiance. This is the place I take the best of friends. My #1 restaurant.Special Features:
- Best Place aroundDaveDined on 8/19/2014Best place to spend our anniversary, best food and wine and the service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious FoodGreatDined on 8/17/2014Great variety of fresh fish especially, very enjoyable atmosphere, delicious food. One of our favorite places for dinner.Special Features:
- PleasantlawheeDined on 8/16/2014Mystic Fish was an enjoyable experience, for both me and my girl friend! My girl friend has been here several times before, but this was the first for me! I ordered the pork chop and mashed potatoes, very tasty, and my girl ordered lobster tail, small but delicious! I would recommend this to anyone, and would definitely return myself!Special Features:
- Great FoodwillbbackDined on 8/16/2014Food was Great, fish was fresh the martini's fabulous had a great time. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:
- They did it againaldeDined on 8/16/2014the sea bass was incredible as good as the hog fish Wines by the glass were very good The small portions for desert really hit the spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/16/2014We haven't been to Mystic Fish in awhile and decided to bring some friends. Our server was awesome. After for passionate description of the hogfish special - I tried it. If it would have been socially acceptable, I would have licked the plate. It was out of this world!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary ExperiencemdviolaDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I went Mystic Fish to celebrate our 32nd Anniversary and enjoyed the whole experience. We arrived and the hostess said it would be about 10 minutes. They quickly found us a nice table away from the middle of the restaurant. Our server, Peter, was excellent as he made recommendations and was always readily available. The food was delicious and they even surprised us with a tasty dessert that we were not expecting. This was not my first time to experience Mystic Fish and certainly will not be our last.Special Features:
- A GemFalconDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I are new to the Palm Harbor area and drove by the restaurant a number of times and noted that there always seemed to be a lot of cars in the parking lot. So we decided to try it. Now we know why the parking lot was always full. The food was great, the service was outstanding. We had seafood dishes - the hogfish (hog snapper) special and their standard menu scallop dish. Both were incredibly good. Heidi was our server - her recommendations were prefect, the service unparalleled, and her attentiveness and personality a role model for others. We recommend Mystic Fish for a special occasion, an outing with friends that enjoy excellent food, or just a date night away from the daily grind. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Wonderful, as alwaysNeila1215Dined on 8/15/2014Our grown children, visiting from overseas, had never been to Mystic Fish. Both sets of parents are very big Mystic Fish fans, so we decided to take them for dinner on their last night in town. They loved the decor and the food. We arrived about 10 minutes early for our reservation, but our table for six was ready and waiting for us to be seated immediately. Our server, Joelle, was knowledgeable about the menu, and was always there when we needed her. The quality of the food was exceptional, as usual. Our kids loved the place. We will all be back!Special Features:
- Return to an old friendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014We had not been to Mystic Fish for many years, but when we planned a special dinner with old friends, we thought of this favorite from years ago, and were not disappointed. The lobster bisque that we fondly remembered, is still truly scrumptious, our entrees perfectly prepared, and beautifully presented, and new innovative smaller desserts make the perfect ending to a lovely dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, good food, fast serviceBilloffloridaDined on 8/13/2014We went for the early bird special time. Price and food was very good. Service was actually a little to quick for me. Everything was on our table the instant we finished a course. I was with my wife and would have liked a chance to chat with her. We were in and out in about 45 mins. We will go back. Quite a few positives.Special Features:
- Always Great!KaneyDined on 8/12/2014We've been faithful patrons for years and are never disappointed. The menu is creative without trying too hard. Yet old favorites come back to the rotation in due season. The entrees are always perfectly prepared and hot, as appropriate. The wine list is quite good. While we do have favorite wait staff members, all of them are well trained, friendly, and knowledgeable. Richard oversees the dining room with aplomb and charm. Mystic Fish never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's SpecialeimettDined on 8/11/2014A wonderful restaurant !! Always enjoy going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Birds Are GreatGatorKenDined on 8/10/2014I've never had a bad meal here and the early bird specials are a great value. The happy hour wine is good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SeafoodMeducatorVIPDined on 8/9/2014One of our favorite places , food and service always great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another lovely dinnerBabsFlDined on 8/8/2014We save Mystic Fish for celebrating special events. I had the scallops on a Thai chili sauce. Not spicy at all - tangy and delicious. My husband enjoyed the pistachio crusted salmon, cooked perfectly. After dinner, there are petite desserts, just the right size to finish off the meal so that we don't feel guilty. Professional service. Low noise level so we can talk and enjoy dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChuckDined on 8/8/2014As usual the food and service was excellent. 6th or7th vist each time exceptional.Special Features:
- luv2dineVIPDined on 8/7/2014My very favorite place to dine. Always take extra guest along when visiting. Wonderful welcome committee and always request my favorite waiter Tom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitourfavDined on 8/5/2014This is one of our favorites. Never had a bad experience.Special Features:
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/5/2014We took friends to celebrate a birthday. We told our waiter we wanted to take our time so we could talk and not be rushed. We said do not put our food order in until we finished our salad. My wife had not finished her salad and the meal arrived!! On the mixed grill the salmon was dry and overcooked. Told the waiter and he did nothing about it! The waiter also had a egotistical attitude which we never experienced at Mystic Fish in the past!! Not one of our best experiences.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 30th anniversaryBetsyDined on 8/4/2014We came to town for a couple of nights to get away for our 30th wedding anniversary It was a Monday many restaurants were closed. Went by the great reviews from others chose mystic fish. Food was awesome had pano encrusted hogfish husband had Chilean sea bass. Food was impeccable. Server was extremely attentive and knowledgeable. We even received complimentary desert . Absolutely delightful evening. Would be regulars if we lived here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top notchRobertVIPDined on 8/4/2014You could not find a better Fish Chowder if you were in Bermuda! Try the Hog fish ( type of snapper), the Duck is outstanding and I have been told the rack of lamb is as well. We are vacationing here in Innisbrook and have been to Mystic Fish twice and plan to go again tonight. The fish chowder is addicting! Try the cheese platter as well as some of the small plates for shared appetizers. The food presentations are very nicely done. Very friendly wait staff and great service. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always specialBrianDined on 8/3/2014Food, as always was scrumptious and our waiter was not only professional but genuine about caring for our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine guywineguyDined on 8/2/2014The food was good with small portions. But the price was fair for the portions. The wine list was very poor, probably done by the liquor sales guy rather than some one who knows wine. The service was exceptional. Will be back, but get some good wines and give a better pour, because that was pitiful for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is SuperbBigSteakEaterDined on 8/1/2014We live in Palm Harbor and we agree that this is the best restaurant for quality of food and service in all of Palm Harbor.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014visiting from phila,celebrating 70th birthday,couldnt have been better.our resident friends will be returning.tried your guppys location,different but also just right for the beachSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food lover's dream come trueFinickyFoodieDined on 8/1/2014While there are many great beaches on Florida's West Coast I prefer to go to Clearwater beach so that I get at least one dinner at Mystic Fish on my vacation. My husband and I love to order a lot of appetizers/starters from this Mystic Fish because they are ALL delicious. My favorites are the Asian short ribs and lobster escargot. LOVE this restaurant!!!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurantPhotogirlDined on 8/1/2014When I needed to pick a restaurant for my husband's 80th birthday celebration, it was a no brainer. Our daughter and family went with us, and were very impressed, as this was their first time there. I introduced them to the Bermuda Fish Chowder, which is the best i've ever had. The birthday dessert, which was shared, was a chocolate mousse kind of delight and a small Creme Brûlée, which was wonderful. The service by Brian was impeccable. We would definitely recommend Mystic Fish in Palm Harbor to anyone without hesitation.Special Features:
- MOJODined on 7/31/2014We visit Mystic fish as often as we can. The food is fresh and delicious! We brought friends on a Thursday night and was dellightfully surprised that they offered a "pre fixed" menu for that night as well as the regular menu. We ordered from both. Our server for the night was very friendly and had knowledge of the menu. Mystic Fish is our favorite place to go to for fresh seafood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatSophieDined on 7/30/2014Great food and outstanding service. We love this restaurant so much we schedule a reservation on a weekly basis. We like the variety that is offered on the early menu and the complete menu.Special Features:
- restaurant gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014Four of us had dinner at Mystic Fish. Every dish was very well presented and delicious. The prices were very reasonable. The staff was very courteous and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gabbygirlDined on 7/26/2014We were seated immediately, the food was totally delicious, everyone in our party had clean plates, absolutely love Mystic Fish, will go again and again.Special Features:
- Always consistent, great foodtampafoodieDined on 7/26/2014Mystic Fish never disappoints. My husband loves the boullebaise and the scallops and shrimp ravioli with porcini mushroom sause was amazing.Special Features:
- greatdiningdaveDined on 7/26/2014combine great service with great food and you get Mystic Fish...........one of my favoritesSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014We have been coming to Mystic Fish for at least 10 years and have never had a bad meal.In fact it has become our restaurant of choice amoung all the restaurants to go to in our area. We love the special fish entrees,the crab cocktail and Caesar salad as well as the short ribs,shrimp pasta,and boulebaisse.Richard and Chris treat us well and Heidi and Michelle are our favorite servers. I keep telling Richard he has spoiled us! We refer all of our friends to you.Special Features: