3253 Tampa Rd
Palm Harbor, FL 34684Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.3bestchefs.com/
- Phone: 7277711800
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm till ?, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Douglas Bebell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Luncheons for private parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Furhmann or Doug Bebell 7277711800
A word from Mystic Fish
The Mystic Fish Seafood Grill and Bar has been rated among Tampa Bay's Top 30 Restaurants since it's opening in 2001. Offering affordable, casual, Florida dining at it's best. Mystic fish serves some of the freshest and most creative seafood dishes as well as buffalo, duck, beef and nightly specials. You may choose your favorite wine from the stellar wine list or enjoy their generous cocktails from their full liquor bar. A grand selection of homemade desserts along with espresso and cappuccino will be a delightful way to finishing off your dining experience. A stylish decor of film sculptures abalone shells and custom fish tanks is the backdrop for a special relaxing evening. Located one mile East of US 19, just five minutes from Westin Innsbrook Golf Resort. When down at the beach please visit our sister restaurants, Guppy's and E&E Stakeout Grill.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mystic Fish - Best Restaurants in Palm Harbor ›
Mystic Fish reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (228)special occasion (178)fit for foodies (160)romantic (108)good for groups (67)notable wine list (59)hot spot (30)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014A really good place to eat...I would recommend it to anyone...My server was excellent..My booth location was excellent also...I had ordered flowers ...We arrived 15 min early and our booth and flowers where ready...OUTSTANDING !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014This has been my favorite place for a couple of years now. Every time I go they hit it out of the park. Their menu is top notch and the kitchen delivers pure joy on a plate. Servers have to be the best I have seen.Special Features:
- consistent foodTampaDined on 9/26/2014As always Mystic Fish never disappoints. Food is great and service is fabulousl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Mystic FishOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/26/2014Great restaurant! Great Food! Great service! This is a real gem! Great early specials.Special Features:
- Early BirdTheDonVIPDined on 9/22/2014With one other couple, we tried the early dining at one of our favorite restaurants. As always, we were not disappointed. Biggest surprise was the check, which was under $50 with a glass of wine! This is a superb restaurant that ranks among the top 10 best in the Tampa area without the cost of others competing in the arena. Well worth a visit wheter early bird or not.Special Features:
- Wonderful Meal and ServiceBGallynVIPDined on 9/20/2014As many restaurants as we have tried in the Tampa Bay area, this was a wonderful find in an out of the way location. For those that live here, take the time and drive to Palm Harbor and experience Mystic Fish. You will be glad you did. From the Hogfish to the side dishes to the wine selections which were limited but good you will enjoy this restaurant.Special Features:
- Coffee?OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/19/2014Food suuuper, but how can you mess up the coffee!? First tub water warm, then lava hot with attitude from waiterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GO TO Placecacti1VIPDined on 9/19/2014Always excellent food and professional service. Can't be beat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palm Harbor TreasureBILLDORGANDined on 9/18/2014Hidden away in a small shopping center. Clean. Proper lighting. Booths and tables. Mixed drinks are pricey but well-made: $11 for a Margarita. I had 6 Long Island Bluepoint oysters. Yummy! Guest and I had the lobster roll with steak fries and lobster bisque soup. Next time we'll try a special of the evening plate. They also have an early bird special menu: 430PM-530PM.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, nice atmosphereCanes5Dined on 9/17/2014Very nice place to go, and they have good specials during the week. Great food, not the biggest portions but everything is very good.Special Features:
- Great food, and I don't eat fish!TarponTwoDined on 9/13/2014There were four of us who arrived at 6:00 on Saturday evening. Seated immediately (had reservations of course). It was very crowded and rather noisy, but not so much you couldn't carry on a conversation. My chicken dish was very, very good, which is unusual in a seafood restaurant. I'm used to the chicken being an afterthought and average at best, but they did a very nice job. Hubby loved his salmon and friends raved about the Hogfish. Wine selection was quite lengthy. Our waitress Ariel was knowledgeable, efficient, friendly and made some good suggestions.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014I don't think there is a time when I did not enjoy the menu items. The new chicken fran is delicious . The scallops are great. You just can't go wrong with this great restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant!;EllieDined on 9/13/2014Mystic Fish is and has always been a great restaurant. I believe I have tried almost everything in the menu and it's all fantastic. The Hogfish is excellent. If you have never dined at Mystic Fish you don't know what you are missing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Event tideLuckyDined on 9/13/2014Overall very good with exception of lobster special. Very different size of lobster portion when 2 diners ordered same enter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You can't go wrong with Mystic FishOdessaCoupleDined on 9/12/2014Here is a wonderful place to dine when in Florida. It is truly a hidden gem. I had the swordfish and my wife had the filet with all the trimmings. The appetizers we bought were the calamari and the mussels. Along with drinks the total bill was $90. But you will want to tip generously because the service is outstanding. Bon Apetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Food, Salads not a strong pointBLOVESFOODDined on 9/12/2014The food was OK. We went at 6PM. The salad dressing was very sharp, this was for their up market salad with field greens, apricots, gorgonzola, etc. The sharpness overwelmed the other flavors. The fish was good, but the grouper portion was small. The sauce was excellent but sparce.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014We had a great time dining with friends. The food was absolutely luscious.Special Features:
- ReliableMysticloverDined on 9/11/2014Always a good place for date night or to bring out of town guests. Never disappointed.Special Features:
- lovegoodfoodDined on 9/11/2014We love the food, especially the Hogfish, at Mystic Fish. Attentive, but not overbearing, wait staff, fantastic Limoncello martinis. I always feel special!Special Features:
- My go to placeSteveVIPDined on 9/9/2014Consistently very good food and service. The fish chowder, slightly salty, however the grilled octopus was exceptional and made up for it. Fabulous seafood in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Good time at Mystic FishoutoftenDined on 9/9/2014Excellent food in a nice quiet atmosphere. Service is excellent.Special Features:
- great place!kellygirl6872Dined on 9/8/2014We've tried E&E and Guppy's and were equally pleased with Mystic Fish. The price and quality were perfectly matched. Everything was delicious and had perfect portions. Dessert was wonderful, small but just the right size for one. We actually shared the panna cotta and it was delicious. Thank you for a very nice evening! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood GemFoodieScottDined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I love Mystic Fish for our date nights. The Hogfish and Salmon are our favorites, but we have never had a bad fish meal. We have never tried anything but fish from their menu, but have heard great things about their meat selections. Highly recommend Mystic Fish for a great meal with an excellent atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JscoteDined on 9/6/2014Food was great, waiter had the personality of for knob, but was informative when we asked questionsSpecial Features:
- A RESTAURANT GEMOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014VERY BUSY PLACE ON A SATURDAY EVENING; WE WERE GRATEFUL TO HAVE MADE RESERVATIONS. THE WAIT STAFF IS KNOWLEDGEABLE, EFFICIENT, AND AS THE MEAL PROGRESSED THE ROOM BECAME QUITE NOISY, BUT THE STAFF DID NOT BAT AN EYELASH, JUST KEPT ON ABOUT THEIR TASKS. THE FOOD, AS IT HAS BEEN ON OUR FEW VISITS PREVIOUS, WAS EXCELLENT. WE HAD A LOVELY FAMILY EVENING. MYSTIC FISH IS KNOWN AS A FAVORITE AMONG OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.Special Features:
- Nice surprise!TiggersPoohBearDined on 9/5/2014This was our first time at Mystic Fish. The grilled octopus was amazing as was the hogfish special and the Chilean sea bass. Our server was very nice and efficient. My hubby and I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Woody108WoodyDined on 9/5/2014Mystic Fish has become our favorite go-to restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodiecatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Excellent customer service expecially if you make a reservation and let them know it is a special occasion. Hogfish is excellent. Wonderful that you can check the menu daily for specials before you go. Beautiful gem tucked into a shopping center. Once you enter, you feel as though you are on an island in the tropics. Great wait staff, bartenders and management. Great experience everytime! Never fails to impress. Very reasonable prices for the beautiful presentation and menu options!Special Features:
- A TreasureJackPatDined on 9/4/2014We continue to return to Mystic Fish. It is a treasure with great food and value pricing, particularly with regard to their early evening menu. We love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014We have always had a great experience at Mystic Fish The staff is friendly and the service is great and the food is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary celebrationCelebratingplaceDined on 9/3/2014We were celebrating our 65th wedding anniversary. The Mystic Fish is our special celebrating place. We had my husband's 80th birthday at Mystic Fish. There were about 12 people there at that party and everyone enjoyed it very much. We are having a 65th anniversary party at my daughter's home on Sunday but we wanted the actual date - 9/3/14 - to be just for the two of us. We had delicious food and excellent service at a reasonable price. Couldn't ask for more than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint restaurant and good servicejenlozoeDined on 9/2/2014This restaurant was last minute find. Many options. A little is disappointed with the paella, hardly any rice. Which is unusual for this entree. Bite size dessert, literally. Overall good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- livetoeatDined on 8/31/2014The hogfish, filet and lobster were exceptional, cooked perfectly, with excellent presentation. Peter, the server, was very attentive, and humorousSpecial Features:
- Fabulous FindOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/31/2014This restaurant has a large and varied menu. We have been there twice in the last three weeks even though it is a 30 minute drive for us in either direction. Everything we have had on the menu has been excellent with no suggestions for improvement, The service was friendly, courteous, and attentive.Special Features:
- Always Enjoyable!!!AnnabellaDined on 8/31/2014We love seafood and Mystic Fish has delicious fresh sea bass and grouper entrees. We like the variety of appetizers and desserts. The scallops and the stuffed artichoke hearts are favorites. The flourless chocolate cake and espresso crème de pot are moist and richly yummy! The flavored coffees are a nice ending to the meal. We like to meet with one or two couples regularly and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood!kariotakiDined on 8/29/2014We're from out of town, so when searching for a wonderful seafood experience, Mystic Fish came up on top. It did not disappoint. We shared the grilled octopus, which was delicious. My mother had the panko-crusted hogfish and I had the grouper. This place is a must do when you're in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food and ServicebeardzillaDined on 8/28/2014This hidden treasure is n absolute delight. If you are thinking about going, just go - you will not regret it. If you can, order the hogfish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gemDawnDined on 8/26/2014Mystic Fish always delivers...great freash seafood and more, impeccable service and atmosphere that is neither stuffy or folksy...a personal favorite!Special Features:
- Great seafoodMeducatorVIPDined on 8/22/2014Consistent fine service and fresh seafood beautifully preparedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find for NewcomerejbackinflDined on 8/22/2014Having just moved to the area and still felling ourselves around the food scene we were pleased our first special occasion dining experience was Mystic Fish. The seafood dishes chosen were fresh and cooked to perfection. The small filet topped with blue cheese was a great steak and the service excellent. My wife enjoyed celebrating her first birthday as a new Floridian at Mystic Fish. We will become regulars I am sure of it.Special Features: