3443 N. Southport Ave.
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
IrishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mysticceltchicago.com/
- Phone: 7735298550x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00AM - 5:00PM
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM - 3:00PM
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00PM - 2:00AM
Saturday: 10:30AM - 3:00AM
Sunday: 9:30AM - 2:00AM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Irish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party room available for groups 30-200 people. Room includes private bar, 3 flat screen TVs and an iPod hook-up. Please contact Alison@vaughanhospitality.com for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Alison 3128677717x
A word from Mystic Celt
Located in Chicago's Wrigleyville/Lakeview neighborhood, and known for our Famous Celt Burger -10 oz. of USDA Prime beef, traditional Irish dishes and much more! Great place to watch the game and meet your friends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mystic Celt reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (14)neighborhood gem (11)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (9)great for outdoor dining (9)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (2)hot spot (2)romantic (1)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I'll Be Back!BecksBtheFoodieDined on 8/31/2014A friend and I came for brunch and a little Sunday funday! The brunch buffet was so fresh and quality! I had a "make your own omelette", there was a wide variety of choices for my omelette. The buffet style meats and fruits were hot, fresh, and delicious. The drinks were on point. I had a Bloody Mary which was spicy and topped with yummy trimmings of pickles, cheese, olives and sausage! The service and environment were flawless! Our waitress was so sweet. We also had the privalege of meeting one of the owners who was so generous and hospitable. We will most certainly be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DottieDottieDined on 8/31/2014The $11.95 brunch was a great value. The service, food, selection and quality were very high, and the prices were very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful BuffetScottVIPDined on 8/24/2014Went for Sunday brunch buffet. For $11.99 there was a great selection. Omelets, carving station with corned beef, beef and pork roast, Irish meats and black pudding (yeah, that's blood sausage). Sat outside on a perfect day in the awesome Lakeview neighborhood. Waitress was very attentive. They did not have my reservation (made only a couple hours earlier) and had me worried with a paper list of reservation but neverthe less I ended up with my Opentable points.Special Features:
- Great but didn't look at reserv.DiningOutDined on 7/4/2014Great atmosphere and staff was friendly. But I asked for there to be special accommodations for a birthday (ie a piece of cake or a bit of ice cream- that I of course would pay for) when I made the reservation. But they didn't seem to know/remember that was what I had requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JBeeVIPDined on 5/25/2014Great for Sunday brunch. Great food choices (omelet and waffle bar) fresh meat selections (corned beef, pork, chicken) and many other breakfast and lunch choices. Lively and very friendly staff.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Mystic Celt reviews archive.
- Even with a loss, still a good timeSpartanFanDined on 3/30/2014I come here to watch my Spartans often. It's a bit more low-key than other MSU bars in the city and has pretty good food. If you have a big group, aim for the back bar by the couches. Perfect spot to watch a game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- last minute dinnergoodeatingDined on 3/18/2014Came late on saint patrickass day, every one was very accomodating. It was pretty.well handicap accessable. Ican't rate much more but my visit Was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Mystic CeltTrishaDined on 1/31/2014Lunch was quite special. The restaurant and bar were only half full so the noise level was low. The food was excellent! I had one of the specials of the day - roast rosemary chicken. My friend had a burger. We both had beer. And we split (90% for me!) chocolate lava cake. It cost about $35 (pre-tax and tip). Service was excellent. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well ManagedSundevil83VIPDined on 1/18/2014I am a frequent guest at Mystic Celt. Always great food at a good value and the staff couldn't be friendlier. The daily specials are great too. Cant beat their chicken wings. Obviously a well managed establishment!Special Features:
- The restaurant offers quiteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 1/10/2014The restaurant offers quite a wide variety of food and options. Service was very slow considering we were there for a weekday lunch. Server left our table empty handed although there were several empty plates to be removed and walked over ot an empty table and picked up a couple dishes.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and the gameJandBVIPDined on 10/5/2013The Mystic Celt is good for "bar" food and watching almost any sporting event. Our server was attentive and did not rush us out. We enjoyed the Northwestern v. Ohio State game while dining. The only drawback was the level of noise; wow it was loud!
- I like this placeDanielleVIPDined on 9/15/2013Good food and beer selection, fun crowd, always good service, I like this place.Special Features:
- Good bar food, excellent serviceJandBVIPDined on 9/7/2013My burger was hugh and tasty. Nice selection of beer and wine too. The mixed drink was not worth it.
- Nice bar/restauranttapdogsDined on 8/2/2013Great location next to brown line Southport stop. Food is good and price reasonably. Lots of food/drink specials every day. Sunday brunch buffet is extremely nice. The only negative is that they don't allow dogs on their outdoor patio sidewalk. Sidewalk is public space and dogs can easily fit below tables. Other restaurants do allow dogs at feet of owners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hmmm it was a good casual placeartsuyjinDined on 7/13/2013the food was good and the people were nice. waiters were always walking not always by our table. The atmosphere was nice and comfy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Blackhawks game!YummDined on 6/15/2013I went to Mystic Celt with a large group of 9 to watch one of the Stanley Cup Final games. The service was excellent. The food was delicious, I recommend the Buffalo Chicken Wrap! And there were great specials on drinks.Special Features:
- Perfect place to watch the game!Julie3539VIPDined on 5/25/2013Mystic Celt was a great place to watch the hawks game! There were several drink and food specials and tvs throughout where turned to the game. Our waitress was very attentive and friendly, and gave us recommendations on which speciality cocktails she liked the most. I'll definitely come back to Mystic Celt to watch a game!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- combo of an Irish pub andMsBuzzVIPDined on 3/29/2013combo of an Irish pub and a sports bar. Menu could use some healthier options, but otherwise pleasant.Special Features:
- we tried the corned beef specialLuckyVIPDined on 3/13/2013we tried the corned beef special which they did a nice job with. prices were a good value for pub food in Chicago. will definitely go back, hopefully they will have some Goose island beers on tap next time.Special Features:
- Not great, but a good valueNanBDined on 2/25/2013This is not a great brunch, but it is a very good value -$10.95 all you can eat brunch buffet. It is a well supplied-- eggs and potatoes and pancakes were good, sausages and bacon were a little greasy and a little overcooked, not bad. Tables are well spaced, we were comfortable. Staff is friendly but could be a little better focused----twice bringing service (water, utensils etc) for two to a table of three people, bringing the coffee without asking if we wanted sugar or milk, had to wait for both which were brought separately. This is certainly NOT an Irish pub. There is nothing Irish about it except the green paint on the front, the sorta Irish soda bread and the name. It's a typical American sport bar and that's ok! Again, goodSpecial Features:
- Mystic Celt consistently hasOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Mystic Celt consistently has good food, good service, and good drink specials.Special Features:
- Perfect brunch on New Years DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/1/2013I was in need of a brunch place for my group of 12 on New Year's Day. Though there are an infinite number of brunch places in the city, few of them actually take a group reservation more than an hour in advance. Mystic Celt, however, took a reservation DAYS in advance on OpenTable. When we came on New Years Day, my entire group of 12 was seated together at our reservation time with no hassle. In addition to the great reservation, the brunch buffet was actually really good and a great value for the price. For $10.95, Mystic Celt offers an all you can eat brunch buffet complete with carved meats, made to order eggs, and waffles. It was the perfect place to go for a big group to recover from New Years Eve.Special Features:
- Our experience was very good.JandBVIPDined on 11/24/2012Our experience was very good. The staff were helpful and efficient. The food was cooked to order and good. The wine was a generous portion and the Irish Coffee was just right.Special Features:
- Always great!Sundevil83VIPDined on 11/19/2012Food is always great and a friendly staff keeps me coming back.Special Features:
- We have lunch their occasionallyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/20/2012We have lunch their occasionally when visiting my son who lives a couple of blocks away. It's our favorite place to go. Unfortunately there was a mistake on our order but the food was delicious. We have been three on Sundays for brunch and it is fantastic!Special Features:
- Managers need to be truthful...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012They gave my table away even after I called 30 min prior to arriving to check on the reservation (as to not waste my trip there). When I arrived the host let me speak to the manager and instead of fessing up to the mistake that they did not read my notes in the OpenTable request, he (the manager)told me they filled up and there was nothing he could do. I was not happy as I am a frequent customer and had higher expectations for my guests. I had my parents with me from out of town and it was embarassing to show up and not have the table as promised via the request and my call 30 min prior to my reservation time. The manger offered appetizers but sadly, I will not be retuning with guests again. Not a happy customer after this particular visit.
- We've been to Mystic CeltOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/23/2012We've been to Mystic Celt many times. Great specials, great atmosphere. Service can be slow depending on time of day or how many large groups are there. Overall, a good place to go. We will be back.Special Features:
- Was surprised at how largeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/24/2012Was surprised at how large the restaurant was with opportunities to dine outside, at bar tables, and regular tables. Food was excellant. Tasty corned beef (as you would hope at an Irish Bar) and the mac and cheese was delicious. Service was slow but our waitress had a very large group to deal with at the opposite side of the place, so not good planning by the hostess.Special Features:
- Great food, welcoming staffSundevil83VIPDined on 6/20/2012Consistently a great meal and specials make it affordable. The staff is always friendly and helpful - we're regulars here!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood spot closeMich7240Dined on 6/19/2012Great neighborhood spot close to Athleta store. Food was just right - burgers and mac n/ cheese hit the spot. Drink menu - loved the blue moon/vodka combo - very refreshing! Will return again.Special Features:
- Our food was awesome, theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/13/2012Our food was awesome, the service was so-so...would definitely come back though.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-game/ Post-game placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/19/2012Came here for dinner before Sox v Cubs game. Had BLT wedge salad - yummy! Burger - perfectly done! Plenty of beer choices, great people watching. Young vibrant crowd. Hostess tried to get us outdoor seating, kept checking for availability and kept us posted.Special Features:
- When I announced my OpenTableDisappointedVIPDined on 4/2/2012When I announced my OpenTable reservation the hostess said that she didn't know how to acknowledge it so just showed us to a table that happened to be available without our reservation. Made me wonder what would have happened if they were busier!
- Must get the Corned Beef Sandwich!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/18/2012Must get the Corned Beef Sandwich! Great little local place to go to when you aren't sure where to go.Special Features:
- Really like the brunch onOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/29/2012Really like the brunch on Sunday a great deal. Am glad that they take reservations for large groups. Had 12 and sometimes have had a wheel chair. So we always like to call ahead to make sure we have table height seating not pub tables. Lunch carvings need to start at 11:00 instead of noon. Lines get too long everyone is waiting for noon.Special Features:
- Always a good meal at a goodSundevil83VIPDined on 1/18/2012Always a good meal at a good price - love the specials and the promos. Friendly service makes it a regular for me.Special Features:
- excellent burgers!!! go thereOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2012excellent burgers!!! go there on a TUesday night when they are 5$Special Features:
- Its a great bar! My hubbyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/9/2011Its a great bar! My hubby and I go there on date night so I thought to host my bday dinner there. Unfortunately, this night wasnt the night for a large group. Our waitress kept running off and staying gone for prolong periods of time. Other than that is was a good expeience.Special Features:
- Went for happy hour on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/18/2011Went for happy hour on a Friday with 5 of my girlfriends. We mostly stuck to drinks, but got some chili and mozzarella sticks later. Our waitress was awesome and the food was prompt. The only problem my friends had was the u-shaped seat we had because they found it awkward and hard to hear the other side of the table. I didn't really mind though! (probably had the best seat). I'd definitely go back!Special Features:
- Wrigleyville's Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2011Mystic Celt was a refreshing change from your typical Wrigleyville bar scene, but without missing out on any of the fun and excitement. This authentic Irish pub offers great indoor and outdoor seating, all within full view of one of many tv's so you don't miss the game. The food was delicious, the service attentive, and there are great drink specials even on the weekends! Mystic Celt has all the ingredients for an awesome evening with friends!Special Features: