Myron's Prime Steak House
136 N Castell
New Braunfels, TX 78130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Myron's Prime Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.myronsprimesteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (830) 624-1024
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Myron"s can host private and semi-private parties. We have private rooms available to seat parties as small as 25, and as large as 60. Banquet menus are available. Please call to arrange a private dining room. 830-624-1024
- Private Party Contact: Jo Anna Been 8306241024
A word from Myron's Prime Steak House
Myron"s Prime Steak House is on location in the old Palace Movie Theatre in historic downtown New Braunfels. We are open nightly, giving top billing to Chicago prime beef, the top 2% of all prime beef in the United States. A full bar as well as an extensive wine list featuring wines by the glass and by the bottle are available. Owner Bill Been, known to most for his 33 years of restaurant experience in San Antonio, has created a casual but elegant dining experience and invites you to come to Myron's, and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Myron's Prime Steak House - Best Restaurants in New Braunfels ›
Myron's Prime Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (38)romantic (31)notable wine list (23)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (6)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellant serviceSparkyDined on 11/21/2014Waiter, hostesses and wait bussers are on top of things and extremely professional. Food is wonderful and cooked to perfection. Booths are a little cramped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food. Great service.nancy5555Dined on 11/21/2014If you are looking for a outstanding steak, this is the place. AND the buttermilk chocolate cake was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in NBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014This is the best place to eat in New Braunfels! I don't eat beef, but the seafood is outstanding and the salad and veggies are always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT experience!TexasRedneckDined on 11/14/2014Anniversary dinner - and they couldn't have been more welcoming or friendly. It's the little things they did that made it special. I had noted it was our anniversary, and from the hosts on, they congratulated us on our anniversary. Our waiter took the time to ensure we had everything we wanted, and was a gem unto himself in the way he ensured that our evening was VERY special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced!DebbieDined on 11/10/2014Food is overpriced! We can eat a steak at other steakhouses in the area for a lot cheaper, but just as tasty. And the lettuce that comes with your steak? Really? At those prices I would expect a decent salad to be included. Not simply iceberg lettuce on a plate. Granted for 10 extra dollars I could have had a salad. In my opinion $60 for a steak and a salad is just too much! The steak was good but not any better than a much cheaper steak somewhere else.
- Myron's ReviewMyrons1108Dined on 11/8/2014We are big fans of Myron's and always enjoy our evenings there. We greatly appreciate the exceptional service from the Myron's staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rubber lobster , loud very loudrubberDined on 11/1/2014not worth it way to OVERPRICED , very loud for the price that food should be perfect the lobster tail was rubberSpecial Features:
- Seemed oddFerrariDined on 11/1/2014The food was good and the service was excellent but the steak comes out by itself with nothing else not even a garnish. For a $45 steak at least through a potato on there or a couple of sprigs of asparagus. Something.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for singlesFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/31/2014The service here is fantastic even if you are dining alone! This professional staff takes care of your every need!Special Features:
- A great eveningFoodLoverVIPDined on 10/27/2014Myron's has fabulous food! Their seafood entrees are as good as their steaks. The new side of roasted corn was delicious! Robert was fantastic! We'll look forward to having him serve us agian. All the waitstaff greeted us! How refreshing! Can't wait for the new outdoor bar to open. Looks like it will be very very nice!Special Features:
- Myron s SteakhouseDianemycinDined on 10/15/2014Myself, my Dad and his friend recently visited Myron's Steakhouse for my birthday dinner. I was surprised to find that the restaurant was quite busy but we were seated immediately. Our server Joshua was excellent as was the food. I highly recommend Myron'sSpecial Features:
- It's great!Cuda73Dined on 10/5/2014we visit about six times a year and always have a great experience. We enjoy California wines and they offer a fine selection of Californis wines. The waiter is helpful in recommending newer Cali wines. Service is excellent keeping beverages filled. Food is fabulous. Desserts are delicious especially the chocolate cake and Jack Daniels ice cream.Special Features:
- Love this!BethyVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was the best restaurant experience ever. Great waiter, fantastic food and wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worst mistakethinktwiceDined on 9/30/2014Food was cold.. waitress was slow and got order wrong and charged me for the wrong items..wish i could get a refund or compensationSpecial Features:
- Great place!MissEmDined on 9/28/2014I very rarely eat red meat - but love the steak here. I have to eat glutten-free and they were very accommodating to us. Wonderful food, awesome service and friendly atmosphere. I love to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014service very good, steak was good but not great, baked potato under cooked. overall overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- AwesomeJaysDined on 9/25/2014It was a very good time. The food was very good. We both had the large filet it was melt in your mouth tender.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Robinson2Dined on 9/19/2014Professional, Friendly, Polite, Excellent Atmosphere and Romantic, Overall wonderful experience and will be coming back. the Steaks melts in your mouths, the salads, soups, and bread were fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than a steak placeKayZeeDined on 9/15/2014Awesome steaks cooked perfectly but great soups, salads, and seafood.Special Features:
- Great placeofficemanDined on 9/5/2014This is a place in New Braunfels that you need to go to for the ambiance. Great seating , Very nice people, great service. If you make a reservation they seat you very quickly. If you are in the mood for a great steak eat there. Also they have a very extensive wine list.Special Features:
- Great for Romantic EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/2/2014Have had anniversary dinner at Myron's twice. Both times have been very enjoyable. The ambiance was subdued and romantic. The food is great, but not Vegas top tier--but then again neither is the price. Waiters are very courteous , but at least one of our waiters was young and unsure of himself. After dinner, a walk down the main drag is also nice as the town is historic.Special Features:
- Excellent findPamelaVIPDined on 9/1/2014We were visiting San Antonio and decided to look for a good steakhouse. Texas is known for good steak and we thought that we should partake. I looked through more than one guide and we decided on Myron's. It exceeded our expectations. We now know why Texas is famous for its good steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great wine!Date0NightDined on 8/30/2014Our steaks left a lot to be desired but the wine was spot on!Special Features:
- Anniversary CelebrationRomantic49Dined on 8/16/2014This was certainly one of my enjoyable steak restaurants I've been to. The food was very delicious and most of all it came out hot, which is one of my biggest pet peeves for my meals. Staff was extremely responsive to our needs and really made us feel special even on our way out of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dowdenclanDined on 8/13/2014The food and service was excellent for a first time experience.Special Features:
- Great food/OK serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent but either the restaraunt was under staffed or our waiter was unattentive. Our food came out in a timely manner but our drinks were not kept filled and only after requesting it. This is a high-end restaraunt and for the price I definetely expected better service.Special Features:
- The following 416 reviews are from the Myron's Prime Steak House reviews archive.
- Date niteRosesrredDined on 7/26/2014Was our first visit. Had received a gift certificate for Christmas from a friend who loves your place. We decided it would be a great place for date nite. I was that and more. Ross was our waiter and he was the greatest. We had already looked over the menu online but when Ross came and started talking about everything we change our minds about a few things. Food was awesome and we had a wonderful time. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakhouse in New BraunfelsFoodloverDined on 7/25/2014The cowboy ribeye is a must order. Tender and juicy!! Staff was attentive and happy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Amazing! Had a wonderful dinner! We had such an amazing experience. Our waitress was wonderful, food was perfect, drinks were awesome. Thank you for the graduation chocolate cake! Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014waitress was great new the menu fast filling tea glasses very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the food was good but over pricedCKlep4515Dined on 7/3/2014I would expect more from a high end resturauant. The food was OK. $50.00 for a filet and everytihing else is alcarte. I will not go back anytime soon.Special Features:
- The outstanding MyronsbillandsharonDined on 7/3/2014This visit we got the good Myron's but have noticed over the last few years there food can be hit and miss. This is a very expensive restaurant but well worth it when the food is on.Special Features:
- Always GreatDVH47Dined on 6/27/2014During the past 12-14 years, we have dined at Myron's dozens of times. We have never been disappointed. The bone-in Filet is scrumptious and the pork chops are the best we have ever had. The entire experience ... service, food, atmosphere, and presentation ... are first class.Special Features:
- Always good!GrueneGigiDined on 6/27/2014We have eaten at your restaurant many, many times. Never a complaint! I will say that the one experience at your SA location was not so great. Scallop portions were half the normal size and the bar staff was not so great. We love the NB location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try whattaburger insteadanniversary38Dined on 6/26/2014Service was extremely slow. My wife's entree was delivered 5 minutes after mine. My steak didn't seem like a steak at all -- more like a roast. Not a good value for the cost.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/21/2014Arrived and seated right away. That's how the service was throughout the evening. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price RatingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is very good and surprised to see such a high end steak restaurant in New Braunfels. Steaks quality was very good and service excellent. One thing you migth do is change your $$ rating up to a $$$$ level. it is as pricey as any good steakhouse in HoustonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second Time and No Morelskesq95VIPDined on 6/14/2014We were in NB visiting family. There's not a lot of fine dining available there, & we had an okay time the last (1st) we were at Myron's, so decided to give it another try. Atmosphere is quite nice. Food is solidly good, but nothing over the top. All rather ordinary. 1st time we were there, we were told they didn't allow outside wine (1st time in I-don't-know-how-long I was told that). This time, the manager "helped" us w/ the wine selection, & against my better judgment, we went w/ his pick. Mistake; he was minimally knowledgable. We asked if the kitchen would make a mixed vegetable plate for us (for any $) & were told no (1st time ever for us & we dine out 2-3 times/week). A restaurant of this ilk should have better customer service.
- Ready to Go Back!RussKDined on 6/9/2014We went to Myron's based on a recommendation from a friend, and we were not disappointed. Myron's is very classy, and the quality of the food and service is superb! Try the jalapeno macaroni and cheese, and the stuffed tomato...they are great sides!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great steakblben4Dined on 6/7/2014The bone in ribeye was amazing. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.