Myron's at Alon Town Center
10003 NW Military Hwy, Ste 2101
San Antonio, TX 78231Neighborhood:
North San Antonio
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Myron's at Alon Town Center
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://myronsprime.com/
- Phone: 2104933031
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private seating for guests numbering 10 to 120.
Audio Visuals provided.
- Private Party Contact: Jenny Franckowiak 8306241024
A word from Myron's at Alon Town Center
Myron’s Prime Steak House is located in Alon Towne Centre at Northwest Military Highway and Wurzbach Parkway. We are open nightly serving Chicago prime beef, the top 2% of all prime beef in the U.S. A full bar and award winning wine list are available. Owner Bill Been, known to most for his 34 years of restaurant experience In San Antonio, has created a casual but elegant dining experience and invites you to come to Myron's, and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Myron's at Alon Town Center - Best Restaurants in North San Antonio ›
Myron's at Alon Town Center reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (124)romantic (98)notable wine list (64)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (24)late-night find (11)great for lunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)hot spot (3)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/31/2014We always sit in the bar area, great service, chill bar. The jalapeño mac and cheese and the stuffed seafood mushrooms are always a hit. Of course, their meats are always top notch. Pricey but worth the splurge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Myrons San AntonioOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014Very well established restaurant known for their steaks. A little pricey, but worth it if good. My filet was tough and the server replaced itSpecial Features:
- Much better choices in townSteakmonsterDined on 8/26/2014Filet flavor was unmemorable and the Ribeye was cooked too much-chewy
- unbelievable!AlanDined on 8/23/2014The best steakhouse in San Antonio. You have to try the bone in rib eye and Mac n cheese!! Dallas took great care of us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Overall ExperienceRBSATXDined on 8/23/2014We were celebrating my husband's birthday and had a good overall experience at Myron's. For the price, I give Bob's Steak & Chophouse the edge on cooking a great steak here in San Antonio. The Shrimp Myron is consistently great as an appetizer, and it was a very nice touch that the restaurant provided a piece of delicious chocolate cake in honor of my husband's birthday. I observed that a large percentage of the diners were age 50+. That makes sense based on the price point, and I also observed that we were not the only ones struggling to read the menu or complete the bill in the low lighting. Myron's might want to consider adding light, or even just adding more light during the early evening hours to accommodate this target market.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedinneroutDined on 8/22/2014Great place for a romantic meal or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent excellenceMrJDDined on 8/22/2014The more we have dinner at Myron's, the more we like it. Patrick will greet you warmly and enthusiastically. The soft lighting is soothing. Ask about the soup special, as the chefs create some awesome soups (most recently we had crab/corn chowder). Mmmm good. The steaks are simply perfect -- taste, texture and temperature all spot on. Sides are super and deserts are delicious. Only negative -- and this is NOT the restaurant's fault -- is that parking is a ways from the entrance, and handicapped parking is limited for some reason. Other than that, Myron's is as good as it gets!Special Features:
- the food and service excellent,porterhouseDined on 8/22/2014would return for special occasion or celebrating an event, funny part-nickname is porterhouse--the special that night was porterhouse and that's what we ordered--the ran out!!!!! so our waiter saidSpecial Features:
- OutstandingBestSteakDined on 8/19/2014Best steak I ever ate. It just replaced #1, an Omaha T-Bone that had been #1 for 34 years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- normiejgDined on 8/17/2014We find that making a reservation on line through your web site is very efficient and easy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerSadieDined on 8/16/2014I have been o Myron's on numerous occasions and this was a birthday celebration and luckily it was also Restaurant Week. Service was very good. Since I was seated on a back wall, there was a lot of staff movement in and out of the kitchen area which was distracting.Special Features:
- rtamoVIPDined on 8/15/2014Very enjoyable experience. Dallas was a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still Great!ScottyTDined on 8/15/2014I have been going to the Avalon location for a few years, it never disappoints me, still great!!!!Special Features:
- BirthdayBirthdayDined on 8/13/2014Fabulous meal .Server very attentive. Recommended a great wine. A specal eveningSpecial Features:
- Another Great EveningFLD40Dined on 8/12/2014Our expectations were more than met. Even after the lights went out and all we had was emergency power, the staff continued to attend us like nothing had happened. The food was good, the service was excellent and we had a great time. Another wonderful evening at Myron's.Special Features:
- TmacDined on 8/9/2014Good ambience. Good atmosphere. Great food. Nice happy hour. I recommend for dates or girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationSanantoniofoodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014A friend and I went to Myron's to celebrate our birthdays. We were warmly greeted and had excellent service from Robert. The red snapper special with a watermelon salsa was superb as was my friends filet. Myron's is one of my favorite places and never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Returning dinerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014We go to Myron's for special occasions such as birthday celebrations, anniversaries, etc. The service and the food always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun birthday celebrationHappyeatersDined on 8/8/2014Very accommodating and friendly. We were celebrating a birthday and were well taken care of. Waitress Stephanie was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodwildcatsDined on 8/7/2014This place ranks up there with all the fine steak restaurants in San Antonio. We were there for the first time because we had a birthday visitor from out of town. It is very close to home, and we didn't feel like fighting downtown traffic. The steaks were prepared perfectly and the service was top notch. All our questions were answered and we were satisfied with our choices. To top things off, they offered a birthday dessert of our choice. We were so full, they offered to package it and send it home with us. We will definitely go to Myrons on another special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HankDined on 8/4/2014A wonderful dining experience! Superb service! Thank you for making my birthday celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014great place to have dinner great food wonderful enviorment recommend it to everyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillVIPDined on 7/29/2014Always very friendly with great service. Quiet with a very nice ambience. We very much enjoyed coming to this neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- ExcellenttthghDined on 7/29/2014Excellent, easy access & great parking. Staff very friendly and willing to please. Food outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service1steakloverDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter named Dallas took exceptional care of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MikeDined on 7/26/2014Will contact Myrons directly about this visit. No other comments or feedback.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014Nice way to spend our anniversary. Phillip was an excellent server, the food was fantastic and I recommend for anyone,Special Features:
- Best in San AntonioBernieRosefromBostonDined on 7/25/2014Two Myron's in a week. First was in New Braunfels for a birthday/anniversary. Second was in San Antonio with visiting friends from Mexico City. Food was great, service was excellent (ask for Charlie!). Excellent wine list, (try the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo). This is one of the best restaurants I have been to, definitely the best since leaving the east coast four years ago. If I could afford it, I'd go back every week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AshleyDined on 7/23/2014I will definitely be going back. Filet was cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Very pleasant evening. Great server. Very good food.Special Features:
- OutstandingDoyitDined on 7/21/2014Great menus and service and environment. A great place to celebrate special occasions.Special Features:
- Prime RecommendationMannyGen81Dined on 7/20/2014Calling all foodies, if you're in the mood for a great steak or want to sample the magic in cheesy goodness, you'll love Myron's. Prime Rib complimented by a salad topped with gorganzola dressing and crumbled crispy bacon and jalapeno mac-n-cheese is my official last meal. I seriously need Myron's to be around when that time comes, but in the mean time, I'll be over as often as I can to enjoy the various selections on this decadent menu with delicious beers perfect for any palet. Great experience, and amazing eye candy in wait staff.Special Features:
- Great findSlick40VIPDined on 7/19/2014Our first time here. The tuna was really special. Service was impeccable. I think our server was Roy. My husband had the filet and was pleased although he still prefers the flavor of Bohanon's steaks.Special Features:
- DisappointedNotSoHardToPleaseDined on 7/19/2014The service was very good from the start. However, the main course was more problematic. While the wedge salad was cold and crisp, with a very tasty dressing, and the baked potato was excellent, the star of the show - chateaubriand - was a major letdown. Ordered cooked medium, it came to the table somewhere between medium rare and rare, though the exterior was fully cooked with a slight char. When brought to the attention of our waiter, he DID offer to take it back for more oven time but by this time, our potatoes were already cooling fast and I declined. We should not have been in the position of having to make that decision to begin with at a restaurant of this caliber. Unlikely to go back. Too many great alternatives around town.
- Outstanding service, average foodEatininSADined on 7/12/2014Service couldn't have been better. Very attentive, courteous, knowledgeable wait staff. Very dark dining environment was somewhat romantic. We had both steak and seafood, expensive cuts, but average taste. The sauces tended overpower the meat, which, quite honestly was not of great value.Special Features:
- so soOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014Wife and I both had boneless ribeyes cooked medium. One of the steaks tasted alright but the other one was very over cooked. Jalapeno Mac and cheese was excellent. Service during dinner was decent but no manager ever came by to check on us like other steak houses in town. No attempt to make us feel welcome or connect. When the check came no one said thank you for coming in. Not the server, front desk people, our the manager standing by the front door. For the money we spent there is no way I will go back for that food or service. Not nearly the same caliber of food and hospitality as other streak places in town
- Good foodsteakloverDined on 7/12/2014This was the second visit to Myron's for us and did not disappoint us. This visit was much better than the first. Wasabi Seared Tuna was very tasty, but will have medium preparation next time. Had Sautéed Mushrooms for accompaniment for steak and was delicious though it was a little salty for our taste. Love the coffee you serve. Overall we had very delicious experience.Special Features:
- Awesome again!AlanDined on 7/11/2014Awesome again! I'm never disappointed here... Lacy (the bartender) suggested I try a Pimms cup and I think it's now my new favorite cocktail!!! Dinner was delicious and the service is always outstanding Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weeknight at MyronsFoodguywithaBowtieDined on 7/8/2014It wasn't busy at all. Almost too quiet. We were one of two groups in the bar and the only diners once we went to the dining room. The bartender was very helpful and attentive. The waiter was courteous and somewhat mechanical. The food was decent but not as good as I was hoping for the money spent. On the wedge salads, the gorgonzola dressing was fantastic, the bleu cheese was dry and very clumpy, more of a garnish than a dressing. We partook in their specials: Fillet Oscar, which was overcooked and the Ribeye with Shrimp, which was drowned in a salty hollandaise and huge chunks of green onion. The Ribeye was cooked perfectly and would have been better without the additional sauce.Special Features:
- Great As UsualDaveVIPDined on 7/7/2014As usual, our dinner at Myron's was top notch, easily one of the top restaurants in San Antonio. Tony took great care of us as he has in the past. The food was amazing from beginning to end. The Shrimp Myron sauce is worth the trip alone! Can't recommend this place enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.