184 North 10th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mymoonnyc.com/
- Phone: (718) 599-7007
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am Sunday: 5pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Basque, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Mikel Treviño
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Contact: Ruggero Ruggeroni 7185997007x
A word from MyMoon Restaurant
This spacious Brooklyn hot-spot is known for its stunning design and exceptional cuisine. Located in a once-abandoned 19th century boiler room, the beautifully refurbished restaurant is a direct reflection of Williamsburg's continuing transformation. From tapas in the garden to tasting menus in the dining room, MyMoon pairs delicious Iberian fare with gorgeous ambiance. A neighborhood gem, not to be missed!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
MyMoon Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Williamsburg ›
MyMoon Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (10)romantic (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (8)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great vibeLizzyHoosDined on 9/4/2014Absolutely hands down the best outdoor dining experience. You are transformed into a magical world when you walk in- there is great seating for groups right when you walk in at comfy couches with private curtains to separate you, but also it has great seating for a date on the upper patio. The food was excellent (particularly the rock shrimp and garlic tapas dish) but the cocktails were even better. I could not get enough of the printemps cocktail. The service was perfect- everyone was attentive and super friendly without being overbearing. All in all, I highly recommend MyMoon. I'm dying to rent it out for a private party- its that cool.Special Features:
- cardonastv12Dined on 8/15/2014The food was full of flavor, but small portions. The ambiance was very nice. But the service was horrendous, the waiter seemed arrogant and not attentive at all. My fiance and I had to wait 20 mins after we were done with our meals for our check...Special Features:
- interesting flavorsvirginiavisitorDined on 8/11/2014the food was varied and well prepared. The service was prompt and responsive. The key point is that the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Bad serviceFoodforlifeDined on 8/3/2014We arrived on time for our reservation but no one seemed interested in taking our name or seating us. The restaurant was almost empty as ours was a 4pm reservation. After standing around being ignored for 5 minutes we were eventually seated after we asked passing waiters. After placing our order we were told that several items on the menu were unavailable. Waiter was very unfriendly and seemed completely uninterested in our dining experience . Very disappointing as it was a birthday dinner for my mother in law who had requested this restaurant.Special Features:
- Quite a gemYellowfeverDined on 7/30/2014Found this restaurant online searching for good restaurants in Brooklyn before going to Cirque du soleil at Barclays center. Chose My moon because of the many good reviews. And they did not lie. The food was amazing. My boyfriend and I shared six tapas dishes and had one desert each. This was enough for the both of us. The staff was really friendly and attentive. Would decently recommend getting a table outdoor. The garden is beautiful, casual and cozy. This was a great change from the more hip, cool and stiff restaurants we had been to on Manhattan. It was also really quiet here unlike many other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 231 reviews are from the MyMoon Restaurant reviews archive.
- Very nice place!LucccDined on 7/25/2014It's one of my favorite restaurants in NYC. They have such an amazing and polite staff as well as a perfect atmosphere either for meeting friends or a special moment with your dating or wife. I totally recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I loved dinner at Mymoon! Sitting outside was a perfect choice for a warm summer night. The food was delicious from appetizers to dessert and the cocktails were unique and interesting. Service was a little slow, which was frustrating since the restaurant was far from packed, but the meal was so good it made up for it. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible Service and Mediocre FoodJaredDined on 7/16/2014Took my girlfriend here for her Birthday and it was one of the worst dining experiences I've ever had. The wait staff seemed clueless and disorganized. We were basically ignored for what turned out to be a 3 hour meal. I think our waiter came to our table 2 times. He couldn't even bring us the check and sent someone else to do it. We waited 30+ minutes between courses and when I asked if our food was coming out anytime soon was given a response like I was asking for something unreasonable. The food was passable, but certainly not worth the money they're charging. Seems like poor service is the norm in Williamsburg these days. I sense that this restaurant is on it's last leg, with better and more creative restaurants opening weekly
- Nice placeDB900Dined on 7/11/2014Lovely ambience Helpful staff Food was excellent I would recommend the specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereJustMyOpinionDined on 7/11/2014The atmosphere is nice. Great place for a romantic dinner or a group hangout. The tapas are delicious, love the olive dip for bread, but the entree is a hit or miss. My partner's lamb chops was really good, I ordered the ravioli and it was a bit bland for my taste (tasted like boiled mushroom wonton with a layer of potato foam). Though I would return to try their other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was good but...nancyDined on 7/1/2014The food was good but the portions were small.. service was okay. . drinks were small.. not quite kid friendly... and there were quite a few bugs/ mosquitos when we were sitting outside at the first booth. overall experience was okaySpecial Features:
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/20/2014The food was okay but not great; the tapas were incredibly greasy and heavy. The service was tepid at best, and did not provide a good guest experience.Special Features:
- Loved My Moon!carolDined on 6/6/2014My husband and I loved the ambiance, the outstanding service and the food. Would go back again--wished it was closer to my home on Long Island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- winemanDined on 5/31/2014restaurant looks great prices are good. host was not very kind and server was too busy to give good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialEstelleDined on 5/31/2014When we arrived the restaurant was basically empty, but the service was still very slow and inattentive. The food was not bad, but also not worth the price. Not a memorable experience and probably would not go back, despite the great outdoor space!
- Great restaurant!sundruidDined on 5/30/2014Had the lamb and my girlfriend had the skirt steak. Very tasty! Asked waiter to give us a few more minutes on the menu and 20 minutes later had to get up to go get him. Other than that was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, great service.YummyDined on 5/23/2014Due to bad weather, we were unable to take advantage of the beautiful outdoor space, but the indoor environment was quiet and interesting. The service was friendly, and the food was good. I ordered the hake, which came out very rare. Disappointingly, I was unable to finish my meal because of this, so I would recommend being specific about how you would like your seafood prepared. Otherwise, it wad a great place for a date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tuesday TreatMaria27Dined on 5/20/2014Nice atmosphere. Great outdoor dining :) The tapas were superb! The main course was a bit small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is this place under new management?EdysiaVIPDined on 5/5/2014A completely different experience from what it used to be. Food/menu has changed (not for the better). My specialty cocktail was syrupy. The hanger steak was so thick it tasted like fake meat. The calamari came without any dipping sauce and was overly salty. The octopus came in a very weird potato foam. The flair as were filled with mashed potatoes and a little bit of chicken. The only thing that remained good about this place is the atmosphere and the olive tapenade.Special Features:
- A different experienceBrooklyngirlDined on 5/2/2014From the minute we arrived we had a different experience. The dining room is cavernous. The waitstaff was We were served bread with an olive tapenade. It was tasty, but the base of the bread was too hard. I don't think it was stale just meant to be like that. Our appetizers , shrimp in garlic and calamari . Were excellent. The calamari were thin and crispy and so flavorful. My husband had the sucking pig ( omg) and I had the lamb ribs( baby chops). I asked for veggies instead of potatoes and was very easily accommodated. Our server should have asked if my husband wanted a side, since there wasn't any. Both dishes were so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful PlaceSoTriniGirlDined on 4/25/2014This was a very trendy spot with GREAT food. The atmosphere was absolutely WONDERFUL. We are planning on returning in the summer time to eat outside. I would definitely reccommend this place1Special Features:
- Delightful HearthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Absolutely beautiful. The perfect ambiance for a romantic/chill night out with your partner or friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticNinnyDined on 4/1/2014Great ambiance. We came here for our anniversary. Will definately come again. We ordered a pitcher of white sangria it wasn't bad, just not the best I've had. We ordered the brocheta de Cordero lamb was alright but the chickpea purée was delightful. For dinner I ordered the bistec y vegetales everything was fantastic ... Mouthwatering medium rare hanger steak, vegetables were seasoned and cooked just right. The other meal was the hake fish. And he enjoyed that as well . Very light mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to this place?OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/28/2014Have been going since it opened and liked the menu change to tapas but it will be a while until we go back. Arrived for an early dinner and the maître d said we could have a booth because they had a lot of reservations, although only one was taken at the time. In fact, it was the only table taken. Later a couple came in and were seated next to us, he recognized them and moved them to a booth! Every other booth remained empty the entire time we were there. Food was a mixed bag. The tuna is just drowned in soy sauce. The rest was either well seasoned or surprisingly bland.
- My Moon RestaurantMsfarqharDined on 3/22/2014This restaurant is beautiful! The ambiance and decor is warm and inviting. The food was absolutely delicious!! The service was polite and friendly. I will definitely be coming back to this establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun first dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/22/2014The ambiance is fantastic, our server could not have been more knowledgeable and fun (forgot her name! She speaks Italian), and the tapas and dessert were a perfect way to get to know my date. I want to come back when it's a bit warmer to check out the outdoor seating with the tents. Lovely and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfecttaylormDined on 3/9/2014Meal was absolutely perfect, the waitstaff is attentive but not overbearing. Great experience overall.Special Features:
- Excellent in every way possibleMaocaVIPDined on 2/20/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the time and food. It was quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experienceFine2DineVIPDined on 2/20/2014My Moon never disappoints. We loved the new menu featuring more Spanish cuisine. The flavors and menu feature authentic dishes with a modern touch. Presentation was lovely, portions were perfectly sized. We tried the Pulpo Gallego in an updated style and spinach croquettes. The roasted pork was moist with crispy skin. Salads were fresh and interesting.Good for a romantic dinner or a group. Definitely will return.Special Features:
- Food comes quickOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Great food! If you go as a couple I'd recommend not getting the food when it ready, but rather in some order. It was the first time I had the problem of getting good too fast. Suddenly there's 5 plates in front of us, appetizers and mains course, and it almost felt like we were being rushed, although our waitress was very sweet. Had we been in a group of four or so, this would work great, but food was getting cold on table as we wanted to take our time, drink our bottle of wine, and not eat too fast. Other than that, it was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Atmospherevino24Dined on 2/14/2014If you're looking for a quite romantic place to eat then MyMoon is your spot. I took my girlfriend here for valentines day and she loved it. The high ceiling and dim lighting earned this restaurant a place on my list for one of the most interesting restaurants i've ever eaten at. The portions were ridiculously small and quite expensive, but i guess thats what you get when you fine dine. Other than that the staff were amazing and our waiter was really nice. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good DinnerGJONESDined on 1/24/2014Overall, I must say that I had a great time eating at MyMoon. It was more quiet than I had expected it to be, although it was snowing outside at the time. The food was great and the servers were friendly. I can definitely say that I will come back again.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceuka1188Dined on 1/17/2014Came here to scope out the place for my fiancee and I's wedding reception. The food was a little pricey but was pretty good (as was the service). We will definitely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved the six piece JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013I loved the six piece Jazz band with singer! Great ambience and perfect place to spend NYE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok - nothing great.NYEdatenightDined on 12/31/2013Food was ok - nothing great. The portions are on the smaller side so order more if you are hungry. The decor is what makes this place. Good service.Special Features:
- I was pleasantly surprisedTMeatsDined on 12/31/2013I was pleasantly surprised by MyMoon! I live a block down from the restaurant and am often intrigued when I walk by so it was high on my list. The theme for NYE was the 1920's and the décor featured just the right amount of holiday flare. The space was beautiful on it's own as well. It is very large with high ceilings and an exotic/romantic atmosphere. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The small tapas plates - we had the shrimp & eggplant - were truly phenomenal and rich with flavor. The entrée - steak and veggies - was pretty standard but also tasty. I would love to come back for a special occasion with a large group and order several rounds of tapas for a nice long dinner. All in all this was a perfect start to our NYE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect food, ambience and flavoursMariaperezDined on 12/24/2013We went with my family to MyMoon for Christmas Eve. We reserved the table before so was quick all the process. We like to share and try different plates. So we asked for 4 people, 6 different tapas. Our favourites were the Paella, fried calamari and the octopus. My mom have travel around Spain and she said that the Paella was the best in her life. At the end the Chef came out, he is a Spanish young cooker, who has the perfect flavour to make the paella. We ordered for desserts: La crema catalan that I recommend and the chocolate soufflé, those are in the perfect point, not to sweet, not to soft, and big enough to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food, place and drinks!!!KatiriaVIPDined on 12/22/2013Love the food, place and drinks!!! Amazing please. Will definitely be back and have already told friends about itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that great!H11222VIPDined on 12/21/2013Food was decent but portions were pretty small- I would only recommend this for a party of 2. The decor is pretty cool, but they killed it with the cheesy holiday R&B music. Service was ok. Will try to come back during the warmer time of the year to try the outdoor area and have a drink. Would not come back otherwise.Special Features:
- Disappointmentjt2013Dined on 12/21/2013We went to mymoon last year, before it was under new management, and the food, ambiance and music were absolutely perfect. Sunday night, however, we were really, really disappointed. The waitress had attitude (don't know her name), the food was totally different from what we expected (totally not Turkish, barely even mediterranean cuisine), and the worst part was when the music changed from nice, jazzy background sound to full-on Mariah Carey christmas music. What are you guys thinking?? This is Brooklyn, not midtown Manhattan, and the worst part was that when we told the host how terrible it was and how it ruined the end of the experience for us, he told it was due to new management. Very disapointing.