2901 Clairmont Rd NE
Atlanta, GA 30329Neighborhood:
Druid Hills / Emory
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mykonostavernaatlanta.com/
- Phone: 4046386770
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Greek
- Executive Chef: Chef Costa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Mykonos Taverna has an extensive catering menu capable of servicing any function no matter how small or large. We do both in house and out of house functions and handle all the arrangements. All you need to do is show up and enjoy the company of your friends and family as you dine on our delicious Greek cuisine.
- Entertainment: Saturday and Sunday nights we feature live Greek music. Mykonos Taverna operates a state of the art lighting and sound system making us capable of hosting private parties and events which we cater consistent with your requirements.
A word from Mykonos Taverna
Our Promise... When you visit Mykonos Taverna you will experience what it means to be part of our family. You will experience exceptional service and authentic Greek cuisine in an environment that is an extension of your home. Serving only the freshest authentic Greek food... is what distinguishes Mykonos Taverna from any other restaurants. The Mykonos family hand picks our fresh produce and meats daily. Our seafood is flown in every day, delivering unparalleled taste and quality. We begin our day at 5:00am where we set out to find the freshest ingredients to create our exotic dishes. Each day we only have one thing in mind, "To deliver the most authentic dishes using only the freshest ingredients we buy daily."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Mykonos Taverna reviews from OpenTable diners
- Mykonos Taverna CLOSEDRickDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is permanently closed. Stop taking reservations for them...
- Birthday celebrationScottDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I are huge fans of Mykonos not only for the food but because of the best staff around. They did a great job of helping us celebrate my husband:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely evening!gottaeatDined on 4/25/2014Our group of five had a lovely meal. Our server Keon (sp?), was a joy. We thought he had been there for years by his performance, knowledge, and polish but found out he had only been there for 2 weeks. The food was terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met for Parents AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2014My wife and I took my parents to celebrate their wedding anniversary and we chose Mykonos because of the friendly staff in particular and the great cuisine that although we are not familiar was truly well prepared and presented. The food was very good and definitely a departure from our normal Southern fried everything. The host and waitstaff were very friendly and explained the dishes in detail as well as pronunciation. They refered to us by name and treated us like family which is very appreciated and we will continue to introduce our friends and family to Mykonos to experience both the cuisine and exceptional service!Special Features:
- great unexpected findDinerFromSouthFloridaDined on 3/22/2014we decided to try this restaurant while visiting Emory. Our daughter had been to Greece for 6 months and certainly knows her way around Greek food. Her thoughts were "very authentic Greek Dining". All servers were very attentive and we really enjoyed the meal!Special Features:
- ok on soup spanakopita rest fairJamesVIPDined on 3/7/2014First visit. Liked the soup and spanakopita. Salmon and shrimp entrées just ok, pilaf ok, vegetables poorly cooked. Booth seat torn and taped together.
- The appetizers were reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The appetizers were really good, but by the time I got my entree, I ate so much and couldn't finish it! You really get the Greek atmosphere with all the breaking plates! It was cute.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayLarkeyDined on 2/14/2014We had a nice time on Valentine's Day - even though it was crowded and busy, we experienced good service. Our food was yummy as well.Special Features:
- Relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/14/2014I love the family feel of this place. From the moment you walk in you are treated like family. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerDavidGDined on 2/14/2014Went to Mykonos for VD dinner and the restaurant was exceptional. Food was not delayed and the staffing levels were just right. Food was good as always and plentiful as well. They even added a nice touch for VD by providing a rose to the ladies and two glasses of champagne. Great evening and the wife loved it......Special Features:
- One of our FavoritesLvonkohnDined on 2/14/2014We love Greek food...and Mykonos Taverna is one of the best in Atlanta. We called ahead for reservations (it was our Anniversary on Valentine's Day) and they had our table ready and treated us like royalty. They could not have be more attentive and pleasant. We will highly recommend Mykonos for anyone who is looking for an awesome place for Greek food!Special Features:
- Lilburn Residents Love Mykonos!!geezer1Dined on 2/14/2014We've enjoyed Mykonos since it opened about 5 years ago! The food is consistently good and the service and management is always good. This past Valentine's Day, we went for an early dinner date and were treated wonderfully, finishing off the dining experience with a beautiful rose. We recommend Mykonos to folks frequently. You rock, Mykonos!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!HeatherDined on 2/1/2014My husband and I dined at Mykonos Taverna for the first time a few days ago and absolutely loved it! The food was wonderful and thesservice was outstanding! We will definitely be back to enjoy many more future date nights :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Jewel!CLJonesDined on 1/19/2014Everything about the place was absolutely fantastic. I went there for my birthday, and the service couldn't have been more accommodating. The overall experience was wonderful, and food was amazing. I definitely plan on returning. I've already told all of my friends about this place. In short, Mykonos Taverna is a true jewel. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, Friendly Service - Food So SoMarkoDined on 12/20/2013First time for me and my girlfriend. The very nice manager asks - "how can you come to a Greek restaurant and not order the Saganaki?" Saganaki was a piece of cheese, coated with some sort of breading, drenched in Ouzo I presume, then lit on fire at the table. It was an oily puddle of hot breaded cheese, but we couldn't really taste the cheese -- mostly just the coating. The calamari was burnt and inedible, like trying to chew a rubber tire. It was happily taken back without question. My lady's Vegetable Moussaka was mostly mashed potatoes layered with a few mushy vegetables. I had the Mykonos Paella - "Seafood/chicken/tomatoe dish, over Rice.($21)" It was just OK. Bottom line: Great Friendly Service! Mediocre Food, Not a do-over for us...
- Hidden gemIamthehunterDined on 12/12/2013This is the second business lunch I have scheduled here. I live in Birmingham which is rich in Greek food restaurants, but Mykonos is very unique. The food selection is huge, the atmosphere is light and airy (but cozy) and the service is impeccable. Siri has a little trouble guiding you here, and you wind up at your destination in the middle of "office park central". You just need to keep going until you t-bone at the frontage road to I-85 at hang a right.Special Features:
- Feels like homechrisbDined on 11/30/2013Great experience. The manager greeted us personally - I have a pretty complicated last name and he said he was practicing the pronunciation all day. Keri, our waitress, was just outstanding. We talked about the holidays, Greek culture. Very friendly. The food was great. The portions are quite big. Really an amazing place. Definitely coming back when we are in Atlanta again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very WelcomingcollegetourDined on 11/24/2013Was in town for just one night and needed a restaurant close to our hotel. Found Mykonos on Google Maps and it was very easy to book a reservation. They were very accommodating when we arrived late for our reservation due to a flight delay, and the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!anniversary33rdDined on 10/13/2013This is a wonderful restaurant with great food and service. On a beautiful night you can eat outside on the patio under the stars, however, the atmosphere inside is very nice too. We noticed they also have a bar area with multiple TV's if your just looking for drinks with friends while you watch sports. What we really appreciated the most is the people. This is probably the friendliest restaurant you could ever visit. We were celebrating a birthday and added people at the last minute and they went way out of their way to make it fun and special. The flaming appetizer is such fun and worth the cost. Greek dishes are awesome but so is all their food. They have healthy stuff too and will work with dietary needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could be betterluvjkDined on 10/12/2013I went to this restaurant for two reasons. 1. I love Greek food, 2. my first experience at lunch time was good. I made a reservation for 8:30pm and arrive on time, we were sat right away because the pace was fairly empty. i ordered the lamb shank, my two friend ordered the rack of lamb and baby lamb chops. my shank tasted like boiled meat without any taste. my friends said their was good. were were served drink with plastic glasses like in the 70 in the cheap cafeteria. and cheap paper napkin. for the price they are charging $17 to $29 (the rack of lamb) they sure can afford a cloth napkin and water glass for the drink. The manager was friendly and the service was good. as much as I dine out, there will not be next time for me .Special Features:
- Nice dinnerGrpdiverDined on 9/27/2013We had a nice dinner. Food and service was good. Bar was loud so we ate outdoors, but regretfully a table of young people drinking and very loud. They left before dinner was over, thank goodness. Lamb chops were medium well and I had asked for medium rare; however, they were still tasty, so I decided not to send them back. Bread was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mykono's is my new fave restaurant.AnonymousDined on 9/21/2013Wow is all I can say. Everything about it is absolutely perfect. The food was fabulous, tasty, great portions, etc. I couldn't stop eating. The service was incredible...the waiters and host went out of there way to be accomodating. It was a special night for celebration and they made it special with their singing, decorative plates, etc. The chocolate cake was to die for. I'll be recommending this place for a very long time. I can't wait to try all the other things on the menu. This place scored the very highest score on all fronts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great portions, and deliciousJuanVIPDined on 9/15/2013Great portions, and delicious dishes. Be prepared to take some some.Special Features:
- Best place in Atlantaanniversary33rdDined on 9/8/2013Our family loves this restaurant! We have had dinners and multiple family celebrations here and we all love Mykonos. It has great food, fun, and special people. We have 3 generations that come and love it. The wait staff is Awesome, especially Ross and overseer Drew. Owner/chef Johnny is the BEST. If you want excellent fresh homemade Greek/Mediterranean food, family friendly and great services try Mykonos Taverna. We travel to come and it is our family's favorite restaurant. You are in for a treat if you choose to have a special event or a quiet romantic dinner at Mykonos. Try the Greek chicken it’s fabulous as are all the Greek dishes. However, our favorite part is the people who will assure you have a wonderful dining experience. Opa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just garlicOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2013Having spent time in Greece, I was expected to get Greek food when I went to Mykonos Taverna. Instead, we just got mediocre ingredients that were overcooked and covered with Garlic. On the plus side, our server and the manager were very friendly. And, they have the best selection of Greek wines that I've seen in Atlanta. The wines are also reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Left Fat and HappyriodeeDined on 8/16/2013It was my turn to pick the restaurant and being new to Atlanta I pretty much went off reviews I found online. Mykonos was great. When I needed help finding the restaurant I was given great directions and greeted at the door as if I was family. Drew made our evening even more memorable by suggesting we change tables to a more quiet section of the restaurant. I thought that was very sensitive and much better than having to ask to be re-seated. Obviously, someone has taught him the art of hospitality. The food was awesome and so were the portions - warning, come hungry! Prices were very reasonable and a full bar complimented our meal nicely. No problems and nothing disappointed either me or my guest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stopped by later in eveningBubbie1VIPDined on 8/15/2013We'd not had dinner and wanted a light bite after attending a lecture. The avgolemono (lemon chicken soup) and some dips with pita bread were perfect!Special Features:
- Great Greek any and every time!!geezer1Dined on 8/3/2013We've been coming here for a number of years and the food has been excellent all of the time. We like the location (just of I-85 at Clairmont Road). The specials are alwyas right on, great seafood, lamb and desserts. The portions are large, we usually have a lunch fromt the leftovers. The desserts are out ot this world, we had a wonderful chocolate cake Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great FoodFabulous001Dined on 7/20/2013MY husband and I went to Mykonos for a nice, romantic dinner. The ambience and food were wonderful. Yvette manager kept coming by our table to ensure everything was o.k.Special Features:
- wonderfull experienceLibellulaDined on 7/19/2013Enjoyed the food and the ambience. Personnel very attentive and courteous. Generous portionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/23/2013Generous portions of fresh tasting, properly cooked Greek food, won't disappoint you, and the service is great! Although the interior is clean, its decor is definitely feels like an over-sized diner. Prices are reasonable, too!
- impromptu date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2013My fiancé and I were in the neighborhood, and decided to check out this place. We made last minute reservations via opentable and got to the restaurant really early. As soon as we entered, we were greeted by the manager who was super friendly. We told him about the reservation, so he gave us a private booth (date night). He also brought a rose for the table saying "its not date night till there's a rose." my fiancé and I had the gyro which was melt-in-your-mouth-awesome. The highlight of the night was tiramisu (for me) and baklawa Cheesecake (for my fiancé). Will definitely be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Massive amounts of tasty food!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/24/2013Just get the to-go box at the beginning of your meal and scoop half of everything into it. It's all delicious, but they give you a ton of food!Special Features:
- ONE OF OUR FAVORITESBrendaDined on 5/12/2013This is one of our favorite greek restaurants around. We have been there several times but this is the first time we sat on the patio. We were celebrating Mother's day and had a great time and the food is always top notch as well as the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/12/2013We always have a wonderful time at Mykonos Taverna and this past Sunday was no different! We've been eating there fairly regularly for the last 3 years and always find something new and delicious on their menu. Now that we've started dinning there with our two little ones we have even more fun. The staff is always super accommodating and our adventurous little eaters enjoy the Greek specialties that come to the table. Opa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was very bad! ThedissatisfiedDined on 5/3/2013The food was very bad! The potatoes tasted awful and one member of our party could not eat her entrée. It took 50 minutes to get our entrées and our server stood at the table behind us and talked all evening. Our tab was $105, that about $104 too much.
- Food took over an hour. GaveOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Food took over an hour. Gave huge appetizers so not enough room for the main course. Packed it and then threw it away later.
- There was a wide array ofOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/11/2013There was a wide array of food choices. Wait staff were very attentive and helpful.Special Features:
- Great variety! Waiters wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013Great variety! Waiters were accommodating and patient with our large group. Everyone was pleased with the quality of the food and the portions. Friends have already discussed meeting there again for lunch on a regular basis.Special Features:
- great great great!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013great great great!!!!!!!! our waitress was knowledgeable she explained every dish since my husband was a frist timer to greek food . we had a wonderful date nightSpecial Features: