121 Congressional Lane
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mykonosgrill.com/
- Phone: 3017705999x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00am - 9:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mykonos Grill
Mykonos Grill welcomes you and invites you to experience the Aegean, the tranquility of our island, our beautiful colors and our rich heritage. We bring it all together, put it on a plate and serve it to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mykonos Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Mykonos Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (56)good for groups (46)great for outdoor dining (34)romantic (34)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Food was great, service was slowStefiDined on 10/18/2014At one point, we did not know what had happened to our waiter; he simply disappeared. The food was delicious but the service lacking.Special Features:
- Consistently greatpaulaMDined on 10/11/2014This is one of our favorite restaurants and it is always outstanding. The lamb dishes are superb and the fish is always perfected done.Special Features:
- EXCELLENT FOODWinnowayDined on 10/10/2014THE FISH WAS BEST. Bread was also excellent. Skip the shrimp --too toughSpecial Features:
- Always excellentJoshVIPDined on 10/9/2014A wonderful local spot that I've been going to for years. The food is always of the highest quality, well prepared and delicious. Authentic Greek fare, friendly and attentive service. The spanakopita is always delicous and do try the taramousalata - a whipped spread of shad roe, potatoes, lemon juice and garlic. Excellent grilled whole fish and the selection of classic lamb dishes never fails to satisfy. Check out Mykonos and its Tysons Corner sister restaurant, the mezze-focused, Nostos. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- This really is a neighborhood gemLPG1VIPDined on 10/7/2014We three friends were delighted with our dinner: a simply prepared & expertly deboned branzino, a cold appetizer platter with a lovely array of mezzes, and even the flaming cheese bit (in our case without the "opa!" which was fine). With so few really appealing eating out options in the Rockville area which is so awash with chain restaurants, we're very grateful for Mykonos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- crowded & lively for early dinner`briefreviewsnodotcomVIPDined on 10/5/2014Restaurant busy Sunday at 5:30. Service a bit slow, but attentive. Recommendations of wait staff for wine selections is always helpful.Special Features:
- Delightful!FoodPro79Dined on 10/5/2014Great Restaurant, truly enjoyed the Chilean Sea Bass! I can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- A Standby and a TreasureRileyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Mykonos is consistenly excellent for the fish lover, the meat lover, or those who adore the Greek "classics." You can also make a great meal by combining various small plates. The wait staff is helpful, and their selection of interesting and reasonably priced Greek wines is fun. It's an injustice to the quality of this restaurant to call it a "standby," but it IS the kind of place a diner will likely visit again and again, and never be disappointed.Special Features:
- A+OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Exceptional food and service. GF friendly and kid tolerant on a busy Saturday night.Special Features:
- Never fails to please!spicegirl2Dined on 9/30/2014This was one of many dinners we have had at Mykonos Grill.We introduced it to new neighbors who were as pleased as we were with our meal. The sampler is great for Those who can't decide what to choose. They do everything well! The baklava is delicious, but try branching out to some of the other desserts as well. My Bronzino was nicely done with a healthy side of potatoes and veggies. Just watch for bones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesHankPVIPDined on 9/27/2014We've eaten at Mykonos at least once every two months for the last 10 years. Even though that's hardly "frequent" they treat us as if we dine there weekly. As far as we can tell the same waiters have been there for at least that time. The food is excellent as is the service. It's one of our very favorite restaurants in the "greater Gaithersburg" area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek Dining Experience!sussVIPDined on 9/26/2014Despite being slightly expensive it is a great value and quality!Special Features:
- Consistently good foodBabsDined on 9/26/2014We always have a pleasant dining experience here. The Bronzino is especially delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2014Great dinner with friends for my husband's birthday celebration. The food was wonderful. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantBigAlDined on 9/20/2014Mykonos continues to deliver a high quality dining experience at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/20/2014Our waiter was completely unfriendly bordering on rude. Service was slowSpecial Features:
- A Greek Dining Favorite!GreekDinerDined on 9/19/2014Mykonos continues to be one of our favorites for Greek dining. The Mussels appetizer was particularly delicious and the salmon, grouper, and filet mignon were excellent as always. The complimentary fresh fruit platter to accompany the Greek pastries for dessert was very much appreciated. The service was outstanding. Another home run!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomehappylotDined on 9/19/2014Enjoyed the evening with family with good food, drinks and dessert.Special Features:
- LOVE MYKNONOS!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/19/2014This is my favorite restaurant. Thoughtful, attentive service. Faboulous food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find in Twinbrook areaMac1VIPDined on 9/18/2014In an area full of monotonous strip mall type chain restaurants, Mykonos is a neighborhood gem. Wonderfully run family restaurant with delicious Greek food in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The tarama is some of the best you will ever taste! If you find yourself in this area, especially, for example, at the near-by Hilton, take the 5 to 7 minute walk up Rockville Pike to Mykonos. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our dinner 9/13/14SvetlanaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a very special occasion to celebrate -my dad's 75 B-day. Everything was great: the food, the service, etc. They made my dad’s day very special! Thanks the owner of Mykonos Grill to make my Dad’s B-day very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like being in Greece.agreekgirlDined on 9/11/2014The Isle of Mykonos is one of my favorite. The restaurant does not disappoint. The entire menu is excellent, even my yaya could not complain. The only thing missing is the view of the ocean.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our diningenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 9/9/2014At Mykonos Grill the food and the atomsphere makes for a very enjoyable evening. We love the Chicken Kabobs, but all the fish dishes I have had are great too.Special Features:
- YCookDined on 9/6/2014This was a wonderful Greek restaurant, truly reflecting of Grecian ambience, conviviality, and cuisine.Special Features:
- Simply Wow.eatinoutDined on 9/5/2014The food: amazing. The service: outstanding. Took my fiancee here on a whim. Very glad I made a reservation. They were completely, totally full. This is the sort of place, we learned, where regular customers reserve specific tables and come back over and over for years. For good reason. My fiancee was continually in amazement through the meal at flavors she'd never experienced before. We had some difficulty picking a wine to go with dinner, and our waiter was more then happy to bring a few for us to taste. The cold appetizer platter was perfect to share. The meats we ordered were cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Dessert was surprising, because I thought I couldn't eat another bite, but somehow did, and it was good.Special Features:
- A REAL FIND!LovetoGolfVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our friends introduced us to Mykonos two weeks ago and we enjoyed it so much we brought two other couples this past weekend. We love everything about it! The ambience is great - very warm and we felt like we could have been in Mykonos! Our servers both time were great - available and friendly but not pushy at all. The food was amazing! The flaming cheese is perfectly delicious as is the friend zucchini. The fish dishes are wonderful - my favorite is the shrimp with the tomato and feta cheese. The veggies, rice, etc. were seasoned just right. We split the dessert sampler and those were great, too. I don't know what else to say except that we will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at MykonosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014we always enjoy Mykonos......the food, service, ambience and Tomas, the server are always wonderful. It's our 'go to' restaurant. It feels good that they remember you've been there before, what you ate. Mykonos has ample table space, you're not rushed and you only get your bill when you ask for it. No overhead music to drown out conversation. What a charmer!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our experience. The waitstaff were attentive, friendly and accomodating. the food - superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Al Fresco eating in RockvilleRonGVIPDined on 8/29/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Montgomery County. The menu is becoming a little more Nostos-like, which is good news. The fresh Branzino was cooked perfectly--just like on the Greek Islands. The outdoor dining area is enclosed by greenery, which privatizes everything. Gus is always an outstanding server, and made some good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JR53Dined on 8/27/2014Service was not that good. He was no where to be found when we needed him. He recommended the fish to my husband that was very dry and cost $30.00. I said I did not know what the $20.00 appetizer was so I would try it as a meal. When It came it was dips and pita bread and cheese...not really what I expected, but the waiter did not explain to me what it was. Been here before, and I liked it much better then.Special Features:
- Authentic Greek FoodGrigorisDined on 8/24/2014I've spent a few years of my life in Greece and can vouch that the food here is authentic, if upscale in preparation and presentation. Few restaurants in America serve such good Greek food. The experience is especially Greek if the weather is nice and you can sit outside under the grapevine. This is the only restaurant in America where I have had an authentic Greek salad, i.e. no lettuce, dressed just with olive oil. The tomatoes were the real star of the salad, they must have been from a local farmer. We had a couple of sampler platters, and everything was spot on. The simplest things were some of the best, such as the fava or the melitzanosalata. We especially enjoyed the dolmades, imam bayldi, and stuffed eggplant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a surprise!aw2158aDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend used to live in the apartment complex directly across the street from Mykonos, and yet it took us more than a year to finally try the place. Being that neither of us had really ever tried Greek food before, we didn't know what to expect. Given Mykonos' rather random location, we had no idea it would turn out to be the gem that it is. We each ordered off the Specials list - I had the seafood spaghetti and he had a lamb dish that was absolutely perfect. The service was outstanding as well and, given that we enjoyed a bottle of wine and both left completely full, the prices really weren't bad at all.Special Features:
- Great food, service could be betterSchwKDined on 8/23/2014Highly recommend getting an assortment of small plates. Service started out good (although when asked for a wine recommendation, the server steered us to the most expensive bottle). Our server even brought us an extra doulmade on the house. But as the meal went on, the server basically disappeared and it took 3 requests from passing servers (including one who seemed perpetually grumpy) to get water refills. On the way out we saw many of the servers seated having dinner in another room, and it wasn't much later than 9:30 pm on a Saturday--so that explained why we had been forgotten. Still love this place anyway. It gets noisy when the place is crowded, but the walls and decor transport you to a Greek island (as does the food--delicious!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek restaurant superbMortyZVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is one of the finest restaurants of any kind in the Suburbs of DC. The wait staff is sincere and attentive and the variety and quality of the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return visitSofiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Again the food and service were outstanding. The grilled octopus was prepared just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and invitingJSL74Dined on 8/20/2014A wide variety of menu choices, all of them delicious makes it difficult to choose. Come with a group that likes to share or give a taste for a happy experience. Or just order the vegetarian sampler like I did. Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new place to put into rotation!JillyjillVIPDined on 8/15/2014Avgolemeno soup was to die for. Beautifully presented, delicious dips were a big hit--especially the caviar and potato one--YUM. My husband had the baked trout stuffed with spinach and feta and it was fantastic with very crispy skin and a tender, juicy flesh. Everything was perfectly seasoned and we thoroughly enjoyed every bite! Plus, freshly baked bread and a lemony-garlic oil dip was EVERYTHING and I could have eaten a whole loaf! Friday night was busy and the wait staff were really bustling. That made the service a little slow (and forgetful) but everyone was extremely friendly and charming, so we didn't mind at all. We will be back and we're going to start bringing friends to share this yummy place with us! OPA!Special Features:
- My FavouriteLisaDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is easily my favourite. The staff welcomes everyone as though they are family and yet treats you like you are royalty. The food is top notch and we love bringing new people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alanrogersDined on 8/12/2014We keep coming back and introducing it to friends who then return. This place keeps busy most nights so make reservations. The wine list is a little thin. Great bread. We enjoyed the fried zucchini this time. In spite of the crowd we weren't rushed.Special Features:
- You make me feel so youngDebMcDVIPDined on 8/9/2014Mykonos is a wonderful Greek restaurant located in a spot that is not romantic or scenic. However, once you enter the restaurant and don't look out on Congressional Lane, it is easy to pretend that you are in a European location with a waiter who speaks great English. Our dinner was a celebration of recent graduation, so we had flambed cheese and whole branzino. Service was outstanding, but there were a few bones left in the fish, despite a valiant effort. Definitely the senior citizens around Rockville are the regulars, but all are made to feel welcome. Great place for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.