121 Congressional Lane
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mykonosgrill.com/
- Phone: 3017705999
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 9:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mykonos Grill
Mykonos Grill welcomes you and invites you to experience the Aegean, the tranquility of our island, our beautiful colors and our rich heritage. We bring it all together, put it on a plate and serve it to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Mykonos Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Mykonos Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
137 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (101)special occasion (62)fit for foodies (60)good for groups (43)great for outdoor dining (39)romantic (34)great for lunch (26)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Our dinner 9/13/14SvetlanaVIPDined on 9/13/2014We had a very special occasion to celebrate -my dad's 75 B-day. Everything was great: the food, the service, etc. They made my dad’s day very special! Thanks the owner of Mykonos Grill to make my Dad’s B-day very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just like being in Greece.agreekgirlDined on 9/11/2014The Isle of Mykonos is one of my favorite. The restaurant does not disappoint. The entire menu is excellent, even my yaya could not complain. The only thing missing is the view of the ocean.Special Features:
- Always enjoy our diningenjoyeatingoutVIPDined on 9/9/2014At Mykonos Grill the food and the atomsphere makes for a very enjoyable evening. We love the Chicken Kabobs, but all the fish dishes I have had are great too.Special Features:
- YCookDined on 9/6/2014This was a wonderful Greek restaurant, truly reflecting of Grecian ambience, conviviality, and cuisine.Special Features:
- Simply Wow.eatinoutDined on 9/5/2014The food: amazing. The service: outstanding. Took my fiancee here on a whim. Very glad I made a reservation. They were completely, totally full. This is the sort of place, we learned, where regular customers reserve specific tables and come back over and over for years. For good reason. My fiancee was continually in amazement through the meal at flavors she'd never experienced before. We had some difficulty picking a wine to go with dinner, and our waiter was more then happy to bring a few for us to taste. The cold appetizer platter was perfect to share. The meats we ordered were cooked to perfection and seasoned just right. Dessert was surprising, because I thought I couldn't eat another bite, but somehow did, and it was good.Special Features:
- A REAL FIND!LovetoGolfVIPDined on 9/5/2014Our friends introduced us to Mykonos two weeks ago and we enjoyed it so much we brought two other couples this past weekend. We love everything about it! The ambience is great - very warm and we felt like we could have been in Mykonos! Our servers both time were great - available and friendly but not pushy at all. The food was amazing! The flaming cheese is perfectly delicious as is the friend zucchini. The fish dishes are wonderful - my favorite is the shrimp with the tomato and feta cheese. The veggies, rice, etc. were seasoned just right. We split the dessert sampler and those were great, too. I don't know what else to say except that we will be back again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at MykonosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014we always enjoy Mykonos......the food, service, ambience and Tomas, the server are always wonderful. It's our 'go to' restaurant. It feels good that they remember you've been there before, what you ate. Mykonos has ample table space, you're not rushed and you only get your bill when you ask for it. No overhead music to drown out conversation. What a charmer!!!Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our experience. The waitstaff were attentive, friendly and accomodating. the food - superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Al Fresco eating in RockvilleRonGVIPDined on 8/29/2014One of our favorite restaurants in Montgomery County. The menu is becoming a little more Nostos-like, which is good news. The fresh Branzino was cooked perfectly--just like on the Greek Islands. The outdoor dining area is enclosed by greenery, which privatizes everything. Gus is always an outstanding server, and made some good recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JR53Dined on 8/27/2014Service was not that good. He was no where to be found when we needed him. He recommended the fish to my husband that was very dry and cost $30.00. I said I did not know what the $20.00 appetizer was so I would try it as a meal. When It came it was dips and pita bread and cheese...not really what I expected, but the waiter did not explain to me what it was. Been here before, and I liked it much better then.Special Features:
- Authentic Greek FoodGrigorisDined on 8/24/2014I've spent a few years of my life in Greece and can vouch that the food here is authentic, if upscale in preparation and presentation. Few restaurants in America serve such good Greek food. The experience is especially Greek if the weather is nice and you can sit outside under the grapevine. This is the only restaurant in America where I have had an authentic Greek salad, i.e. no lettuce, dressed just with olive oil. The tomatoes were the real star of the salad, they must have been from a local farmer. We had a couple of sampler platters, and everything was spot on. The simplest things were some of the best, such as the fava or the melitzanosalata. We especially enjoyed the dolmades, imam bayldi, and stuffed eggplant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Such a surprise!aw2158aDined on 8/23/2014My boyfriend used to live in the apartment complex directly across the street from Mykonos, and yet it took us more than a year to finally try the place. Being that neither of us had really ever tried Greek food before, we didn't know what to expect. Given Mykonos' rather random location, we had no idea it would turn out to be the gem that it is. We each ordered off the Specials list - I had the seafood spaghetti and he had a lamb dish that was absolutely perfect. The service was outstanding as well and, given that we enjoyed a bottle of wine and both left completely full, the prices really weren't bad at all.Special Features:
- Great food, service could be betterSchwKDined on 8/23/2014Highly recommend getting an assortment of small plates. Service started out good (although when asked for a wine recommendation, the server steered us to the most expensive bottle). Our server even brought us an extra doulmade on the house. But as the meal went on, the server basically disappeared and it took 3 requests from passing servers (including one who seemed perpetually grumpy) to get water refills. On the way out we saw many of the servers seated having dinner in another room, and it wasn't much later than 9:30 pm on a Saturday--so that explained why we had been forgotten. Still love this place anyway. It gets noisy when the place is crowded, but the walls and decor transport you to a Greek island (as does the food--delicious!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek restaurant superbMortyZVIPDined on 8/22/2014This is one of the finest restaurants of any kind in the Suburbs of DC. The wait staff is sincere and attentive and the variety and quality of the food is greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- return visitSofiVIPDined on 8/22/2014Again the food and service were outstanding. The grilled octopus was prepared just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and invitingJSL74Dined on 8/20/2014A wide variety of menu choices, all of them delicious makes it difficult to choose. Come with a group that likes to share or give a taste for a happy experience. Or just order the vegetarian sampler like I did. Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new place to put into rotation!JillyjillVIPDined on 8/15/2014Avgolemeno soup was to die for. Beautifully presented, delicious dips were a big hit--especially the caviar and potato one--YUM. My husband had the baked trout stuffed with spinach and feta and it was fantastic with very crispy skin and a tender, juicy flesh. Everything was perfectly seasoned and we thoroughly enjoyed every bite! Plus, freshly baked bread and a lemony-garlic oil dip was EVERYTHING and I could have eaten a whole loaf! Friday night was busy and the wait staff were really bustling. That made the service a little slow (and forgetful) but everyone was extremely friendly and charming, so we didn't mind at all. We will be back and we're going to start bringing friends to share this yummy place with us! OPA!Special Features:
- My FavouriteLisaDined on 8/15/2014This restaurant is easily my favourite. The staff welcomes everyone as though they are family and yet treats you like you are royalty. The food is top notch and we love bringing new people!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- alanrogersDined on 8/12/2014We keep coming back and introducing it to friends who then return. This place keeps busy most nights so make reservations. The wine list is a little thin. Great bread. We enjoyed the fried zucchini this time. In spite of the crowd we weren't rushed.Special Features:
- You make me feel so youngDebMcDVIPDined on 8/9/2014Mykonos is a wonderful Greek restaurant located in a spot that is not romantic or scenic. However, once you enter the restaurant and don't look out on Congressional Lane, it is easy to pretend that you are in a European location with a waiter who speaks great English. Our dinner was a celebration of recent graduation, so we had flambed cheese and whole branzino. Service was outstanding, but there were a few bones left in the fish, despite a valiant effort. Definitely the senior citizens around Rockville are the regulars, but all are made to feel welcome. Great place for a celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth return visitsdennisDined on 8/8/2014We will be back on our next visit to the Rockville area. We indulged in a number of small plates. The octopus and scallops were world class--perfectly cooked and well presented. The tomato salad actually tasted like fresh tomatoes. An outstanding dining experience. The sole negative was the server who in his desire to be attentive was actually intrusive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJohngfcDined on 8/3/2014A pleasant surprise on my first visit. Everything our party had was excellent. I usually avoid lamb chops because they're invariably overcooked, but the ones I had were perfect-as our waiter suggested they would be. The cold platter was a great starter for four. The service was professional and not intrusive. Interesting wine list-- I know _nothing_ about Greek wines, but the bottle we had was very nice and reasonably priced. I'll go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudyDined on 8/3/2014I have been coming here for years. The food is consistently delicious and I have never had a bad meal. The staff is excellent and so friendly. It is my favorite place to dine. The owners always make you feel so welcome. They make you feel like family. They make the most delicious tzitiki.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An Aegean Gemjohn65Dined on 8/3/2014Mykonos offers an outstanding dining experience in a quiet, relaxed atmosphere. Great food, excellent, friendly service, in a cozy, family-like setting. We have been patrons for many years and have never been disappointed. It is our "Special occasion" place as well as a place to take visitors. If you have never tried Greek cuisine, Mykonos will make you a fan. The standard menu and specials are varied enough to please any palate. If you find yourself in Rockville and are looking for a dining port-of-call, put in at Mykonos. You will be glad you did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A definite keeperAmyEDined on 8/2/2014Our meal was fantastic, extremely tasty and this restaurant feels unique - not at all like eating at a chain restaurant but rather an authentic Greek dining experience. Our waiter was knowledgeable and helpful and quite flexible with our diners who ranged in age from 11 to 82 and the overall service was quite accommodating. The restaurant was a little noisy but not too bad relative to many other restaurants we have tried. This is a definite keeper!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/31/2014Wonderful restaurant--great food/service. Wish it was closer to my home. Authentic Greek.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional GreekMikeDined on 7/31/2014Consistently good Greek standards, exceptional seafood and great service at reasonable prices. We will keep going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Open table problemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Experience at restaurant very enjoyable. However, getting a reservation on Open Table had a problem 7.00 on a Wednesday was not available choice, altho the restaurant had plenty of available tables at that time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Rockville RestaurantBigAlDined on 7/29/2014Ate outside on a fine July evening. Fine food at reasonable prices can't be beatSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014we have peter's salad and mediterranean brass and roasted leg of lamb and mushroom crab for my dinner. They are delicous. The setting is warm and beautiful. I definitely come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a favoritejpswimmerDined on 7/26/2014We had dinner for 4 at the outdoor, grape vine arbor-covered seating on the street. It is a bit close to traffic noise at times, but still a great place to be on a nice evening outdoors. The service, food selection & quality was general great, with one unfortunate exception (my shrimp were over-cooked). Otherwise, things were very well prepared & flavored. The staff offered profusely to replace my dish, but for some reason I declined. All the other dishes were wonderful, and the wine selection they recommended worked out perfectly. I wish I had a dessert (I've had them before and they are great, so I can only blame my party) but we were just enjoying our conversation until they were cleaning up for the night (they never rushed us at all).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Greek food in RockvillefrequentdinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014We tried the new Greek restaurant outside of the Town Center in Rockville and it did not measure up to Mykonos. So we returned to Mykonos. As always the food was outstanding. I usually give the restaurant 5 stars but the service was not quite up to their usual perfection so I docked them a star for this review. We will continue coming back as it is always reliable and all 4 of us loved our meals!I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will eat here againCarlosDined on 7/26/2014Mykonos provides a nice balance of Mediterranean style menu choices with a good list of specials. The Greek salad was particularly good and there were many seafood specials. I chose the Corvina, which was a tad overdone. Portions are generous, but not overwhelming. Prices are fair. The restaurant was crowded but I didn't find the noise level so high that it prohibited conversation. The atmosphere is pleasant, but I do think the tables are a bit close together in some areas. All-in-all, it was a very enjoyable experience and I will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mykonos grillfoodie1Dined on 7/26/2014Mykonos was great, as usual. The food is always excellent and the desserts were wonderful. I had the roast lamb and phyllo dough stuffed with custard for dessert...delicious! There were three of us and we were able to carry on a conversation comfortably. The other two had chicken and a vegetarian combo and they were both pleased with their choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nicer than appears from outsidejfieldspi4Dined on 7/25/2014I took my wife here on a date and when I pulled up I was worried I had picked too casual of a place based on the location and appearance outside. However I was pleasantly surprised with the ambience and quality of service inside. The waiters made it a point to check up on you every few minutes or some, which was a little overkill for me (but we did go at a slower time). The food was amazing, from the house bread and pita dips to the lamb and fish entrees. Wonderful dining experience and great service.Special Features:
- Good Place to MeetBirdLadyDined on 7/22/2014The location is easy to get to and parking is fine. They have a wonderful outdoor eating area which we did not use, but when we left, felt next time we'll dine outside. The food was fabulous. We had one of the specials of the night, fish, which was deboned and headed at our table. It was interesting to watch the waiter do it. Another waiter came to help and my fish was well deboned, but my partner's was not and she had a lot of bones to pick through, which did not delight her. The waiter was not very attentive to us, as we had to ask to get ice tea and water refilled several times.Special Features:
- fishnoneDined on 7/19/2014The bronzino was the best I have eaten in a long time.Special Features:
- OK, but won't returnKolomyaDined on 7/19/2014Best thing was ambiance; very attractive place with whitewashed walls and attractive accents. Our leg of lamb had seen better days: it arrived lukewarm and dry. Three small potatoes were also verging on cold. Overdone green beans were best thing about the meal. Bread was excellent, as was the olive oil/lemon dipping sauce. There's a better Greek restaurant with similar prices and larger portions in Rockville Town Center, so no reason to return.
- Good Greek cuisineraggaza46Dined on 7/15/2014I find Mykonos is always reliable. I never hesitate recommending this charming restaurant to others. Portions are generous and so very favorable. I have had Greek dishes at other establishments that were over seasoned, not true at Mykonos. The maintain a delicate balance between the spices, herbs, and the food itself. Kabobs are a favorite as is the grilled shrimp. Every appetizer is simply delicious. The cold appetizer platter is a meal in itself.Special Features:
- Not DisappointeddisappointedDined on 7/13/2014Expected an excellent meal and top notch service and we were NOT disappointed. Food was well prepared and nicely presented...more than adequate amounts, so we had a wonderful lunch the next day. The service was attentive and friendly but not intrusive. A definite go-to place for delicious flavors of the Mediterranean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.