121 Congressional Lane
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mykonosgrill.com/
- Phone: (301) 770-5999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00am - 9:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mykonos Grill
Mykonos Grill welcomes you and invites you to experience the Aegean, the tranquility of our island, our beautiful colors and our rich heritage. We bring it all together, put it on a plate and serve it to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mykonos Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Mykonos Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (111)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (58)good for groups (50)romantic (29)great for lunch (28)great for outdoor dining (28)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Greek DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/10/2014We have dined many times at Nostos in Tysons Corner and wanted to try Mykonos in Rockville. We were delighted with the menu choices and our server was excellent. We were not rushed and enjoyed a wonderful evening. Parking was convenient. It was raining so we couldn't dine outdoors. We will return.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelighteddisappointedDined on 7/6/2014Food tasty, well prepared and served. Server very pleasant. Definitely worth a return visit (or more).Special Features:
- Always goodHoyaVIPDined on 7/6/2014Some of the best seafood in Montgomery County. Consistently well prepared and professionally served and presented. It os one our regular stops.Special Features:
- ServiceJDubbsDined on 7/3/2014The service was absolutely wonderful - our waiter, Jason, was extremely helpful and accommodating despite my own error in ordering the wrong meal - he gently explained that I had mixed up the greek word for the green bean dish versus another bean dish, yet he fixed my mistake without charge and brought me what I had initially intended to order. And the food was AH-MAY-ZING!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's Greek to meitwasgoodVIPDined on 7/2/2014Excellent, authentic cuisine that made me feel like I was back in country.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesHappyDinerDined on 6/26/2014Mykonos always lives up to our expectations. In addition to the excellent food, the wait staff is always friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good Greek FoodArthurmanVIPDined on 6/22/2014We had the combination platter with lamb--you can also get it with chicken. We liked it all! The roasted leg of lamb, mousaka, dolma, and spanakopita were all excellent--very authentic-tasting. We (3) shared a bottle of KRETIKOS BOUTARI, a nice white wine from Crete.
- DisappointedDined on 6/21/2014reservation 6pm, we were 1 of 4 to 6 other couples, crowd arrived, our waiter at that time was no where to be found. We flagged him down not to order anything else, but to get the check. We were not even asked if we wanted coffee etc. check came with not so much as eye contact when it was placed on the table. we will not be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014Our waiter was outstanding in every way. The food was delicious. They were attentive to the "birthday girl" in our party. We were not rushed. Very enjoyable.
- Special Occasion ChoiceRockvilleAnnieDined on 6/15/2014Mykonos Grill is our go-to place for special occasions. Food is terrific, but too expensive for just a regular night out. Fish dishes are especially well-prepared.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food,waiter not so attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/15/2014We went here for a Fathers Day lunch at noon. We had eight small plates so we could share and sample a lot of different things. Everything was very tasty. One of the dishes we ordered was Tsatsiki; wish the waiter would have mentioned that at least three of the other dishes we ordered already came with healthy portions of this as accompaniments! We had more than we could eat. We received a small plate of about 10 small triangles of pita to accompany the Tsatsiki (which was a healthy portion!). We asked our waiter for more pita, it never showed, then asked a bus boy, then it finally arrived. What you should take away from this: the food and ambiance is great. The wait staff could be more attentive to customers who are not obviously regulars.Special Features:
- Wonderful atmosphere and fooddinerockvilleDined on 6/7/2014Food here is fabulous, fresh, classic Greek. The decor is so soothing, especially in the summer months. Wait staff is attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedFranny1234Dined on 6/6/2014The meals were served hot, fresh, and timely. Everything was cooked to perfection. Salads were fresh, dressings were very tasty, appetizer platter was great, with enough selections for everyone to be happy. Fish, chicken and shrimp were excellent. Even the olive oil served with the best, crunchy bread was delicious. Almond cookies were powder sugar coated and just perfect. A good cup of coffee finished off the meal. We were all too full for my favorite rice pudding.Special Features:
- Underrated, Reliable, SatisfyingPigsFlyDined on 6/6/2014I hold a special place in my heart for this unpretentious and nurturing restaurant, which specializes in Greek home-cooking--especially fish. It's lovely inside, clean and whitewashed with murals. Kimonos features attentive wait staff, Greek menu favorites, nice linen and china, and great value. The wine list won't disappoint and highlights Greek wines. Mykonos is in the ground floor of a mid-rise in Rockville, a developed area with a mall called Congressional Plaza. It is walkable from Twinbrook but only cross at lights -- the Pike can be very treacherous, especially when it is dark. But there is free parking adjacent to it, nestled in with the box stores that dwarf it.
- Opa!MoKnowsDined on 6/5/2014Best meal in Montgomery County. When I need dinner out, Mykonos is the first choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good experienceBillVIPDined on 6/5/2014We visited the Mykonos Grill again on our most recent trip to Washington. It was as good as ever - probably better. The restaurant features really top drawer Greek cuisine with a good wine list. There is a small outdoor eating area, which is partially screened from a not-very-busy street. The indoor portion of the restaurant is very attractive - try the virtual tour on the website. I tried the moussaka for the first time (that is how good the rest of the menu is) and it was wonderful - served piping hot in an individual iron skillet with a good proportion of meat to eggplant and topping. I would highly recommend it, but you can throw a dart at the menu and never go wrong.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experience!srumphreyDined on 5/29/2014The staff was very friendly and sweet. I was eating alone and came in at an inconvenient time (they had one big party leaving and another coming in within the hour). They still made sure I had delicious food and good service. I would definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Agnes53Dined on 5/22/2014Our family has come to Mykonos for about 15 years. It is our restaurant for special occasions: birthdays, graduations, mother's day and others. It never disappoints: the food is excellent, the atmosphere is pleasant, the service is great. For this last visit, we really had another wonderful Greek experience of fresh food expertly cooked and a sense of hospitality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and ValueGeorgeDined on 5/20/2014Mykonos Grill has been a mainstay in Montgomery Co. for as long as I can remember. There is a very good reason for this... excellent food, excellent service, and an exceptional value for the dinner dollars spent. One of my favorites in Rockville, MD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningBigAlDined on 5/17/2014Mykonos has refreshed their decor but the quality of the food and service has remained at a very high level.Special Features:
- Best octopus everAuntieVIPDined on 5/16/2014Hubby and I made last minute reservations to try some place new. The place was bustling. Some prom goers dining in the separate dining room. Love that they offer small plates as well as full meals. Delicious warm bread and olive oil served at each table. Started with the grilled octopus. The best we have ever had - perfectly grilled, tender, excellent hummus as a side. Seafood salad special was delicious and included perfectly cooked calamari, shrimp and octopus. Kreatomezes was perfectly sized (but the lamb chop was a little overcooked). We will definitely make return visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but bad tableLindaVIPDined on 5/15/2014The food was as good as always but this time we were put by ourselves in a back room. It was quiet but we were out of sight, out of mind. Usually the waiters are quick and on the ball. This time one Came by when he remembered us. We'll know next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always GoodHappyDinerDined on 5/13/2014Mykonos has never let us down. The food is always good. The staff is helpful and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmenttheshrewDined on 5/13/2014I have been to Mykonos many times over the years. The food has always been good to outstanding. Unfortunately, although USUALLY the service is excellent, on Tuesday as on one other occasion, the service was bad. I asked to have my salad boxed to take home. The busboy evidently didn't understand me, because I never got my leftovers. After our entrees were eaten, the table was cleared. We were not asked whether we wanted coffee or dessert. We sat at a cleared table for some time and had to ask for the check. Because I was treating my friend to a birthday dinner, the bad service was particularly felt.Special Features:
- A Totally Satisfying ExperienceMoreThanFoodVIPDined on 5/13/2014My wife and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary over lunch at Mykonos. We had an absolutely delightful experience. The setting is attractive and evocative of Greece. The waiter was pleasant, attentive, and helpful with food and wine recommendations. The food was simple, fresh, and clean the plate flavorful. The price was extraordinarily reasonable especially with wine included. We plan to return soon and highly recommend Mykonos to friends and strangers alike.Special Features:
- DisappointedDisppointingDined on 5/10/2014Mykonos Grill has been one of our favorite restaurants for many years, but their Mothers' Day Special was over-priced, mediocre, and disappointing.
- Don't Go On A Saturday NightmadweberDined on 5/10/2014The service was painfully slow, every part. And then they double billed my credit card. They supposedly canceled the second billing, but it's still on my credit card account. But the bread was great. We ate a second basket while waiting for our entrees to arrive. The food was good once we got it. They kept our water glasses full. We have been there on Sunday, much better experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchKathiDined on 5/8/2014The chicken kabob was delicious - the rice and green beans were so greasy i could not eat them.
- Two Times at MykonosRichDined on 5/6/2014My two dinner experiences were both the same, excellent and perfect. It is easy to schedule a reservation on their website. The waiters are very experienced, knowledgeable, and make great suggestions. It is a true Greek restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysGrandmaRozDined on 5/3/2014We had a reservation for 5 people on a busy Saturday night, and only 4 of us were able to make it. The restaurant did not have a problem with that, and quickly rearranged so that they could find a table for 4. We are not big eaters, or alcohol drinkers, so ordered only entrees and then tea, yet the waiter treated us very well, and even brought us some cookies to go with our tea at the end of the meal. My entree was the chicken breast, well seasoned and with potatoes and green beans. Mykonos has the best green beans in town! Another diner had the scallops, and several had the vegetarian plate. Everyone loved the food. We have eaten here many times, and have always found the food delicious, and the service great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If you can't get to the Greek ilesHUBGRYinDCVIPDined on 5/2/2014This is probably the next best thing in the DC metro area. Good menu, great service. The Mykonos decor may seem tacky unless you've been there - then you know it's a pretty accurate representation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfaction !!!BobsanDined on 4/23/2014All 6 persons in my party were extremely satisfied. It all began with great service and carried thru the dessert. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was all good!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/22/2014Very authentic Greek food. Enjoy! We went because our Easter celebration was not Greek enough, so we followed it with a trip to Mykonos. It fit the bill. Excellent moussaka.Special Features:
- 25 AnniversarymarriedDined on 4/20/2014mykonos made our wedding aniversary very special,it is a great place to come togrther with friends or just beeing romanticSpecial Features:
- Pretty good . . .1977RockvilleDined on 4/20/2014Good food, good service--have been going to this restaurant for many years. Prices are a bit steep, but the quality of food is usually very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Went to Mykonos Grill for Easter Dinner. As always, the food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLENT FOODwinesapVIPDined on 4/13/2014our food was excellent. we took 4 workers for lunch on a sunday. 2 were celebrating graduations and i noted that on the reservation. i called ahead to confirm the reservation. our food was excellent, reallly good quality and beautifully presented. the service was only so-so - our waiter seemed to ignore us for a long time and then i felt that he was just businesslike and a little arrogant when he did help us. Noone congratulated the graduates at all. I think they were preparing for a larger dinner party and we were not that important.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatGizmoDined on 4/12/2014Mykonos Grill never fails to be great. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD RESTAURAUNTFINEDINERDined on 4/11/2014GREAT FOOD ALWAYS THE WAITERS ARE CONSISTENT IN THE WAY THEY TREAT YOU. THEY ARE NEVER NICESpecial Features:
- Superb Greek RestaurantGreekphotographerDined on 4/9/2014I took my wife to Mykonos Grill for her birthday and we had a wonderful evening there. The food was fantastic and our server, Jason, was fabulous. We'll be back again very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.