121 Congressional Lane
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.mykonosgrill.com/
- Phone: (301) 770-5999
- Hours of Operation:
Monday Closed, Tuesday - Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 11:30am - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00am - 9:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Mykonos Grill
Mykonos Grill welcomes you and invites you to experience the Aegean, the tranquility of our island, our beautiful colors and our rich heritage. We bring it all together, put it on a plate and serve it to our guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Mykonos Grill - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Mykonos Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (118)fit for foodies (72)special occasion (64)good for groups (54)great for outdoor dining (31)romantic (31)great for lunch (28)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (8)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (5)great for brunch (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- Always a wonderful diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/17/2012Always a wonderful dining experience - great food and ambience.Special Features:
- High Pressure TacticsLarryVIPDined on 11/17/2012My 2nd visit in about 2 months. First visit out of stock on several wines. Rewcent visit, also out of stock on several wines. Waiter kept trying to steer us toward the most expensive wine, he tried 4 times, even put his thumb on the menu to be sure we knew which wine to order. I found this aggressive and unwaranted, seems like it is a strategy to bully the customers to spend more and not to stock lower price wines. I don't plan to return.
- Great food & atmosphereSafegalDined on 11/16/2012We love this place. Food is delicious, staff are wonderful, and the atmosphere is relaxing.Special Features:
- Still a favorite spot of oursMikeDined on 11/16/2012Still a favorite spot of ours for great Greek cooking, especially the fish. All of the traditional Greek standards are available and well prepared but the quality, variety and preparation of seafood are exceptional. Service is very friendly and attentive. The wine list is adequate and unlike some tonier and noisier restaurants, they haven't gone away from fine linen table settings. A man with a beard needs an adequate napkin.Special Features:
- Out Go To Greek RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/16/2012Mykonos Grill is our go to Greek resturant in Rockville. It is a little more up scale than some other Greek restaurants in in the area and makes for a nice leisurely dinning experence with a lttle class. It is also somewhat romatic in a Greek way. the wait saff are all every expereince and do a great job. When my wife and I are in the ,ood for Greek food is off to a trip to Mykonos.Special Features:
- Very authentic Greek food.reenv5Dined on 11/14/2012Very authentic Greek food. Every time I am in Rockville for business, I have dinner at Mykonos Grill, and I am never disappointed. The service is excellent and the food is exceptional.Special Features:
- Love...Love...Love this restaurant.LovetoLunchVIPDined on 11/11/2012Love...Love...Love this restaurant. The food is consistently good as is the service. A definite new favorite.
- Wonderful, warm service withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/11/2012Wonderful, warm service without being overbearing. All the lamb dishes we ordered were delicious. The taramosalata, tsatziki and grape leaves were great! the fried zucchini was so light and delicious. Definitely a restaurant we will be returning to many times.Special Features:
- Excellent Greek food, veryOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/10/2012Excellent Greek food, very flavorful and authentic. Experienced servers who seem to enjoy their jobs and interacting with customers. We were there on a Saturday evening and the place was packed but we were treated very hospitably and made to feel very welcome. This is a well-run restaurant. Highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Good appetizers and desserta--severYDDGVIPDined on 11/9/2012Good appetizers and desserta--several fish items on the menu were not available at all--The main courses varied in quality.
- From the appetizers to desserts,LovetoLunchVIPDined on 11/9/2012From the appetizers to desserts, our meal was PERFECTION! We had heard good things about this restaurant before we came but everything we heard did not do it justice. Our meal was so delicious we're having brunch there today. Can't wait!
- Fabulous food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 11/6/2012Fabulous food and service at this Greek gem in Rockville. The Vegetarian entree was possibly the best Veggie meal I have ever had & my friend's lamb dish was done to perfection. Service was quick and efficient and the waiter did a great job keeping the evening running smoothly. I could eat here every night.Special Features:
- Overall, it was pretty good.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/4/2012Overall, it was pretty good. Our waiter wasn't very good. As we looked at other tables we noticed attentive waiters, we weren't as fortunate. However, our busboy was excellent. Food was good. I left a message on the opentable reservation that this was a special occasion but the restaurant did not do anything special for us. In spite of this, it was good enough that we would return in the future if craving greek food.
- I loved out visit! OurMandBVIPDined on 11/3/2012I loved out visit! Our waiter was from Greece and obvious was quite proud to be working here. He recommended a perfect wine, made excellent menu suggestions, and was quite extremely attentive. We will definitely come back ofter.Special Features:
- as a frequent shopper at BBB,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/2/2012as a frequent shopper at BBB, I have been interested in trying Mykonos for a very long time, and finally had the opportunity to go on Friday night. The dolmas were delicious, the greek meatballs amazing, and the fried cheese was not only incredible in taste, but entertaining (order it and you'll see what I mean). For the entree, we split the mousaka which was dissapointing to say the least - it was served only mildly warm, and the side of green beans looked & tasted like it came straight out of a can. Not sure if this is their standard or if they ran out of fresh vegetables, but I will try another greek place before I go back to Mykonos.
- Delish.msalDined on 11/2/2012Everything ordered was delicious and the waitress took great care of us. Yum.Special Features:
- Best authentic Greek foodRonGVIPDined on 11/2/2012Best authentic Greek food in the DC metro area. We've been coming for years and will continue to return. They've merged some dishes from Nostos, which is a nice addition. Servers are always friendly and helpful. Only complaint is that the food could be hotter.Special Features:
- Excellent food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/27/2012Excellent food and wonderful service. Highly recommend any lamb dish (but especially the braised lamb). The fried zucchini w/ tsatziki was fantastic as was the taramasalata. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and everything he recommended was so good. Will definitely return!!Special Features:
- kitchen does an excellentPeterVIPDined on 10/21/2012kitchen does an excellent job with lamb and fish. service is efficient but brusque.
- Friendly staff and excellentjohnms99VIPDined on 10/13/2012Friendly staff and excellent food. Highly recommend.
- We very much enjoy Greek food,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/7/2012We very much enjoy Greek food, and this is some of the best in the area.Special Features:
- I had been to Mykonos a numberOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012I had been to Mykonos a number of times and typically the experience was good not this time. I had requested a special table for our anniversary and made reseravations. We were on time but no table we were pushed to the corner of the bar while we waited 20 minutes or so after which we were shuttled to a very tight table for two adjacent the walk through entrance. The waitress forgot our appetizer, and when she brought the entree (after and exrodinarily long time) we asked and she said Oh these arent for you took the entrees away and, again after a wait, brough the appetizer, when we were through she then had us wait again and brought a REHEATED, undercooked entree- very dissapointing experience
- Fabulous waitress, extraordinarilyFinedyneVIPDined on 10/6/2012Fabulous waitress, extraordinarily accommodating. Food was far above what we are accustomed to. The portions were very generous and beautifully presented. One wish: one very nice and efficient bus person has an odd habit of tapping the tables as he walks past. It would be great if he could be weaned from that habit.Special Features:
- Excellent meal with a varietyQuartetVIPDined on 9/30/2012Excellent meal with a variety of starters and entrees ordered by our party of six. The service was excellent with a very accommodating wait staff. The interior was bright, cheerful, very Greek! I would definitely go back to this restaurant, which is a real endorsement given the fact that it is a 50-mile drive from my home!Special Features:
- We have been there many times.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/28/2012We have been there many times. The service was slower than usual.
- The food and ambiance areVAfoodieVIPDined on 9/22/2012The food and ambiance are okay but the service was slow and surly.
- Great Greek food, superb wholeTaz007VIPDined on 9/22/2012Great Greek food, superb whole fish, great specials.Special Features:
- Fodder was good, service,titoVIPDined on 9/21/2012Fodder was good, service, needs work, or he might had a bad day.Special Features:
- Fantastic food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2012Fantastic food, great service and staff super friendly. Made good recommendations and very patient with our group of 7. Also, didn't automatically include tip which was a pleasant surprise!Special Features:
- Esxcellent food and service!RalphDined on 9/15/2012Esxcellent food and service! We have been there many times, and will continue to come back!Special Features:
- Neighborhood GemSereneDined on 9/15/2012We enjoyed Mykonos Grill very much. The food was great--all of us liked the choices we made e.g. moussaka, samplar platter, dinner special (roast chicken), etc. Our wait staff was very professional. We also liked the dessert choices on the menu. We were seated indoors but there is a nice patio outside if you request outside sitting in advance. Well worth a visit.Special Features:
- A superb evening of dining.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2012A superb evening of dining. All four of us enjoyed our selections. In addition, the manager let us sit in an unused room so to ensure quiet for me, as I am extremely hard of hearing. Strongly recommended.Special Features:
- Mykonos - not what it used to beAvidDinerDined on 8/25/2012The menue has changed at Mykonos since the last time we visited, which was over a year ago. There's less of a selection, and they don't offer lamb kabobs, although they offer chicken and filet mignon kabobs. If you want lamb, they offer leg of lamb, which I ordered, or a lamb shank. The leg of lamb was good, but consisted of two thin cut slices of lamb. The entre was served with a half of a grilled potato, and a side of green beans cooked with diced tomatoes. For $17, I was not impressed. My wife ordered the Dolma platter, which consisted of four small grape leaves stuffed with meat and rice, covered in a lemon sauce. Her entre was served with white rice and a side of green beans. Her dish was $16 and uneventful. Won't be back.
- Everything went well but theMarshaVIPDined on 8/24/2012Everything went well but the waiter was unfriendly.Special Features:
- It had been over five yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/19/2012It had been over five years since I had dined at Mykonos and I will more that likely not return soon. Although our waitperson was friendly and courteous, the food did not measure up to previous visits. My guest and I ordered the Mykonos Platter that arrive in less than five minutes of ordering and was not warm. The portions were not even average and there was no attempt to make an attractive presentation. Dessert was very small, although we were assured that one portion was ample for two people. I think perhaps Mykonos is resting on a reputation earned in past year when the restaurant really strived to please.
- Always well prepared, authenticSteveVIPDined on 8/15/2012Always well prepared, authentic and tasty Greek cuisine.Special Features:
- we've been going to mykonoseatmorefishDined on 8/8/2012we've been going to mykonos for years and it's the place we head to when we want a really nice evening out. not fancy but we know it's going to be pleasant and tasty and the waitstaff is very experienced and old school.Special Features:
- The waiter was personable,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2012The waiter was personable, helpful, not intrusive. The food was very good. We had several old favorites and tried some new things, all great. the fish stuffed with crab special was very good, the lamb chops delicious, the fried cod with skordalia, perfect. The ambience says fancy but not stuffy. We had a wonderful meal and we will be back.Special Features:
- Good Food, Good Service-Great ValueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/5/2012Food and service were very inviting. I would definitely go back many times.Special Features:
- We recommend to all our friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/2/2012We recommend to all our friends about this GREAT restaurant. We have had many parties with their FABULOUS Greek food, as a take out.Special Features: