1230 4th St
San Rafael, CA 94901Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mythai.com/
- Phone: 4154564455
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-F 11:00am-3:00pm
Dinner: M-F 5:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: Visa
- Cuisine: Thai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from My Thai
Thai restaurant in San RafaelContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
My Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
13 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (7)great for lunch (6)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (2)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Tables too close together; mediocre service and food. I will not go back.
- Food is good but service is not!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/16/2014My Thai is one of the better Thai restaurants in central Marin for the price but the service, especially from the hostess types is pretty bad. They don't ever bother to greet you & often your reservation time is meaningless. They almost never seat you at the time you've reserved. When we last tried it (8/16/14) there was a party of 4 who waited over 20 minutes past their reservation time to be seated.
- Nice, consistent food & serviceJeanVIPDined on 7/12/2014This is a good "go to" for Thai when we want our favorites - lady prawns, a mild curry, calamari, fresh rolls. The food is fresh, service friendly, atmosphere comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mmmmDined on 7/6/2014Good, fresh, well-prepared Thai food. Good if you want a comfortable dinner, but not a destination.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 11 reviews are from the My Thai reviews archive.
- Fourth Street Favoritegr8guestDined on 5/15/2014Wonderful Thai food, carefully prepared, ample menu and good service. A great spot on San Rafael's Fourth Street.Special Features:
- Old reliablemm77Dined on 4/26/2014Not quite four star but better than three. We eat here regularly and think it is the best Thai food in Marin. Always fresh with an excellent presentation. Very accommodating staff. The salads are a full meal and always excellent. Only disappointment was the duck curry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, unprofessional hostessRedDinerDined on 4/12/2014Second time dining here. Food was great both times. Hostess was also our server. She was clearly overwhelmed and short with us at the front desk, followed by taking a long time to take our order then forgetting my glass of wine. I was understanding of this until I overheard her complaining to her coworker about customers who "call & ask stupid questions". If not for her unpleasantness throughout it would have been an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Downtown restaurantReginaDined on 4/12/2014Service impeccable, beautiful presentation of food, wonderful meal, all in all an excellent night at My ThaiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday in San Rafaellaserfool3Dined on 4/6/2014Quiet place with a very attentive staff. The food was fresh with inspiring flavors. The eating experience was a a treat I would recommend to everyone.Special Features:
- No need to returnOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2014The food was just okay. It wasn't good, but it wasn't bad, and these days it's relatively easy to at least find good Thai food, so I won't be going back. Ambiance was decent and service was good and friendly, but that's about all this restaurant has going for it. Nothing special in the Thai cuisine world.
- some good, some badOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/22/2014Fresh spring rolls, sauteed eggplant, and papaya salad were all great! We tried 2 curry dished that were bland.Special Features:
- Good Thailuv2eatoutDined on 2/16/2014The restaurant is small, and the tables are close together, so there is a privacy issue. The man sitting alone at the table next to us was obviously eavesdropping on our conversation, and staring at us. The fried calamari appetizer was a bit disappointing - oily and the breading lacked flavor. However, the main courses, Pad Thai and the Prawns with Asparagus, were delicious. The portions are ample.
- Better than ThailandFrugalFoodieVIPDined on 2/13/2014Ten days before dining at My Thai, we were in Thailand. Our one meal at My Thai was as good as anything we had over there, although the menu was missing several of the dishes we liked over there: specifically it had no soft-shell crab dishes or vegetable tempura.
- Great flavorsGourmeteaterDined on 1/24/2014Great flavors and wonderful food with great presentation! Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/24/2013Came here for lunch and the ambience was pretty fancy...I felt a little underdressed walking in. But the staff was very welcoming so it didn't feel like dress code was a big deal after all. We got the crab pad thai and lamb curry off the specials menu to share and both were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.