M.Y. China - SF
845 Market Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
M.Y. China - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mychinasf.com/
- Phone: 4155803001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Lunch: Sat-Sun 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Bar Menu: weekdays 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
Dinner: Sun-Th 3:00 pm-9:00 pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 3:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from M.Y. China - SF
SEE, TASTE and DISCOVER authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of downtown San Francisco. Inspired by years of experience traveling through China, we bring the best ingredients, flavors and techniques. Watch our chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes. See world champion noodle dancers pull giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles. Taste delicate hand-folded dim sum, and live wok-tossed dished, all in our open exhibition kitchen. Discover ancient Chinese tradition brought to life and interpreted in a thoroughly modern way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.Y. China - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
232 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (131)good for groups (110)great for lunch (87)special occasion (79)hot spot (52)kid-friendly (34)neighborhood gem (33)vibrant bar scene (24)great for brunch (19)romantic (17)notable wine list (16)late-night find (12)scenic view (5)great for outdoor dining (4)Show More
- Authentic Chinese FoodDinerJohnDined on 10/22/2014MY China is on the 4th Floor of the Westfield Shopping Center on Market St, which sounds strange but in fact is under the beautiful done with other restaurants on the floor. So, the setting is special. They have a nice bar. The food is very different ie, better, than most Chinese; high end chinese. Worth a visit, even for people who are not Chinese food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attended special event and it was..OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Attended a special event where the owner Martin Yan hosted the French chef Jacques Pepin. We could choose from a special menu or off the regular menu. We both chose the special menu (though, in retrospect, probably one of the special menu and another from the regular menu would have been better). LOVED the Bimini Shrimp and most all the items served, however the Dan Dan noodles, while spicy, was not to my personal taste. I heartily recommend the Squid Ink Snap Noodles with Seafood. Again, it was a special and memorable evening with the owner present and engaging, but we will definitely return again when if he isn't. Watching the head chef Tony Wu prepare noodles (and dancing for part of it) was pretty entertaining as well.Special Features:
- This is not 'just Chinese food'OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This is not 'just Chinese food'. The menu is thoughtful and spans the provinces of China. All the dishes I have had in several trips to the restaurant (both locations) have ranged for Very Good to Outstanding. Yes it seems a bit expensive at first look but isn't all good food these days? Positive praise is also afforded of the restaurant design itself. On my most recent visit (to SF location) it was for an event (KQED Martin and Jaques) and the place was full to the brim and energetic. Even so we did not have any problem with noise level. It is comfortable and tastefully decorated and there is always an abundance of attentive staff so you are never left waiting. Do try one of the lobster dishes. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic night at Martin Yan'sFoodiesf65VIPDined on 10/20/2014M.Y. China still has it. Even on a monday night, the place was packed to the rafters. Maybe it was because Martin Yan was hosting culinary icon Jacques Pepin for dinner. Or maybe because the food just continues to impress, always consistent. One can never get tired of that fun open kitchen and the noodle chefs. What chinese restaurant does that?Special Features:
- Yan can still cook, great quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Really good food. A quality twist on Chinese standards. Don't miss the Mu Shu pork, made with wild boar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice for Chinese DiningMarcTVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went to M.Y. China for dinner on a Saturday. Fortunately, we had made a reservation via Open Table as the place was pretty busy. Even with a reservation we had to wait for a few minutes. The service was very good and the food was excellent: well-seasoned and generous portions. Definitely will visit again!Special Features:
- San Fran VisitStrickDined on 10/15/2014Based on reading reviews, I selected M.Y. China during a recent visit to S.F. and was totally blown out of the water. Each of the 4 of us loved every dish ordered. I don't do lamb but the way it was prepared was very good without the smell of lamb. And the various types of fried rice were not the fried rice from the 'round-the-way' neighborhood joints. And the wine picked by the server met each of our various taste. We all said this was some of the best Chinese food we've ever had. M.Y. China is duly noted for recommendations and return trips to S.F.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired2sweet4lawDined on 10/11/2014Food was creative and delicious. Service was very good as well. Don't let the fact that it's in a mall discourage you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014Once again this restaurant didn't disappoint The food is outstanding, the menu changes depending on the season and it is such a treat. I ordered the Lobster Clay Pot, which was enough food for 4 people. Lots of yummy leftovers as a result. Had a lovely drink that was so refreshing, I could have ordered many more! Thank you again for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- loved the foodkomakomaDined on 10/9/2014Was tempted to turn around when I entered a shopping mall to get to the restaurant. Happy I didn't. The food was very, very good. The cocktails were delicious and I liked the atmosphere inside (outside is not really outside, you'd be in the mall).Special Features:
- M.y.chinaLocalDined on 10/8/2014Considering the number of good Chinese restaurants in SF, this is marginal, at best. The prices were okay, but the portions were small. The food was just okay, nothing special. We had BAO, that was undercooked. The sauces were not great; the beef noodle dish that we had was full of noodles, not much beef!!!!! I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Gem in Shopping MallRuthieDined on 10/6/2014MY China is well-worth a visit; food is delicious although somewhat expensiveSpecial Features:
- A San Francisco treattravlinfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Consistently good food. We enjoy bringing guests to the city here for great food and to view the "noodle dance." It's always a treat.Special Features:
- DonaldwDined on 9/26/2014I would recommend My China as a great place to eat. Comp works great here because it's located inside Graton resort and casino. The manager ""TA"" is Sanfrantastic!!! He is professional and visits each table to check on each customer. ""TA"" will replace your food if it is not correct. The restaurant will soon change to MY NOODLES to satisfy the gamblers that refuse to wait for their food. They want to eat very quickly and are rude to the staff'!!!Special Features:
- Not a Food CourtBroadwayFanVIPDined on 9/26/2014Martin Yang's expert guidance is at work here, and although located in a mall, this is no food court: great food takes center stage! I asked for a single seat at the counter, where you can watch the kitchen at work. The cocktails are all excellent, the food is presented beautifully, and the variety of flavors (bold and nuanced, perfectly balanced) gives you Chinese food that is better than San Francisco's Chinatown. Whenever I am in San Francisco, I make a point of dining here, and I recommend you do the same.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceHomecook43VIPDined on 9/26/2014Seafood dumplings were tasty and perfectly cooked. The pork belly strips in the steamed buns were tender and flavorful. The Wild Boar Scissor Cut Noodles went well with the bold flavors of the Seven Spice Pork Ribs. The ribs had been slow cooked to fork tenderness and fried with a spiced coating. The best dish we had there! I will return just for that! We were almost too full for dessert but glad that we tried the Sugar Egg Puffs! These puffs were truly light and you dip then in a trio of chocolate sauce, Chantilly cream and raspberry coulis. Yum! I had the Under the Bronze Bell cocktail (Prosecco, St. Germain and King's Ginger) and my husband had a glass of a wonderful Sauv Blanc from Charles Krug.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/23/2014Best hot and sour soup I've ever had! Hand made noodles are delish! Awesome dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome food!LuvfudDined on 9/20/2014Had a great time at M.Y. China. Food was great. Service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your average SF Chinese foodsailor52Dined on 9/20/2014We have eaten here 3 times in the last month. It was recommended to us by someone who had spent 4 years in Hong Kong as the food most like what he ate in Hong Kong. We have tried a wide range of things and have loved them all. Flavors burst in your mouth, complex, spicy (but not too much), vibrant. Good cocktails. Pleasant wait staff. We will return.Special Features:
- Great food in a mallAdrianSFDined on 9/20/2014I was a little skeptical on how Mall restaurants could be good. It was a surprise at how good the food and service was even with an outside inside environment.Special Features:
- Fresh and DeliciousSusanWriteVIPDined on 9/19/2014Food was very fresh, as though just made. Service was excellent. Waiter remembered our order of about eight items and was able to make suggestions when requested. Must admit, quite surprisingly good for a restaurant found inside of mall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deliciouswinstonDined on 9/16/2014The food was delicious. It has been Westernized a bit--things are sweeter, dishes are plated for individuals instead of groups which I don't like so much. But the taste was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth the waitLovegoodfoodDined on 9/13/2014Made reservations for our little group of 4 yearly lunch date after hearing via Check Please this was a good place. Their system was down when we showed up, they offered us complimentary mimosas and we hung out for 20-30 minutes and when system was up, the hostess took us first and made us feel special and appreciated. The food was good, especially the noodles and the calamari. The waiter was a bit pushy on the lobster dish but other than - it was a very good experience. The staff helped by taking our group picture and did it with a smile - I think he was the bus-man, but not sure, was not our waiter - should've gotten his name. Will definitely go back and make reservations. Very glad we chose M.Y. China for our yearly lunch date.Special Features:
- DisappointedMaggieCVIPDined on 9/12/2014The decor inside the restaurant is great but that's the only thing going for them. I had more satisfying Chinese food at Panda Express. Perhaps their expensive seafood dishes are better.
- Food was awesome service was greatAndyDined on 9/9/2014Took my girlfriend for her bday and couldn't have been better. The food was amazing, and the manager brought us several "on-the-house" dishes. Everything tasted grate and my girlfriend was thrilled with the service. Thanks!Special Features:
- KenBDined on 9/6/2014great food super waiter. Atmosphere better than motSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotklumjrDined on 9/6/2014Overall, a great place to have dinner if at the Westfield Mall area. We had no wait for our 5:30 reservations. They sat us at a table near the kitchen to watch them make the noodles. Service was attentive, but some of the wait staff should remember to smile. Noise in such a large restaurant was acceptable. Nice modern décor for an Asian restaurant. We had two starters: lettuce cups and mui sui pork tacos. For our main course we had the sea bass, gai lan, general chicken, and fried rice. All were done well. Dessert was the highlight were the donut puffs with three different sauce. Price overall was acceptable was a party of three in that area. If we were in the area we would will be going back to try more of their menu.Special Features:
- Great for any sizeCoffeebossDined on 9/5/2014Having been there solo, with a single friend, and now, with a group of ten, I can say that they handled each instance impeccably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014As a local, I had not gotten around to trying MY because SF has so many great Asian restaurants. We were delighted. The food was great, the service was friendly and efficient and the scene was really fun. We will definitely come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dimsumMskaiDined on 9/1/2014The dimsum was very tasty and we enjoyed every dish that we ordered. I am a pescatarian and they had various selections for that. The hargau, pea shoots, the calamari. My friend had the wanton soup. We all enjoyed the food here that we returned the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative RenewalDiTexDined on 8/30/2014The food is exceptional! The chef gives a flair and new tastes to savor with everything we ate. It was memorable and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love M.Y. China!TaygustaDined on 8/29/2014I recently went on a double date at M.Y. China, and we had the best time! The food was delicious, we had great service, and the overall ambiance was outstanding. I would definitely recommend getting the scissor-cut noodles! Best meal I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Love the happy hour menu!DoloresheightsdinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going for early dinner (perfect before the movies) and including items from the happy hour menu. The chicken wings are the best ever and happy hour menu is very reasonable, both drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best chinese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014The most incredible Chinese food/meal outside of China. Most memorable and innovative creations!!!! We loved it and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Surprise in a Mall!BroadwayFanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Don't let the idea of eating in a mall set you off, even in the upscale Westfield Shopping Center: this is better Chinese food than you would ever get in San Francisco's Chinatown, made fresh (sit at the counter to watch the food preparation "show") and all the dishes are tasty. What a nice addition to the downtown commercial/retail scene. Definitely make a reservation: the tourists and shoppers keep this place busy.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Good Chinese Food!BBWWVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to M.Y. China a few times already & I come back because of the good food. The Garlic Lobster was worth the money and it was so fresh. As an Asian myself I found this restaurant's food are authentic enough for my taste. The decor is excellent and I especially like their design of the table which are expandable to accommodate larger groups. The saturday night I was there, the renown chef/owner, Mr. Martin Yan, was also there. He was very friendly and came to our table to chat with us. He explained to us about the restaurant's food, decor, service,...etc & my group was thrilled with the information that he told us. We really appreciate that he would spend time with us on such a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese Food EvertimetodineVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had given up on Chinese food until I accidentally ran into this restaurant, surprisingly on the fourth floor of a mall. Once inside this well decorated restaurant you begin to forget that you are in a mall. When the food comes you no longer associate your experience with previous mall "food court" type eating. This is a really beautiful restaurant with antiques, and mood lighting. The food is great because it is super high quality and not drenched in the typical sugar/ sweet sour corn starch concoctions so dominant with Chinese food these days. Chairman Mao chicken is high-end chicken breast, crispy yet apparently not fried in the typical manner. The green beans are cooked to just slightly tender. Egg puffs are a must for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yan can cook!XBigManDined on 8/23/2014Not only is the food wonderful, but Martin Yan personally comes to each table to greet the guests. Beautiful contemporary decor.Special Features:
- Overall a great dining experiencepepperDined on 8/22/2014Our part greatly enjoyed the food served at M.Y. China. We ordered the squid ink noodles and the Peking duck...out of this world! Highly recommend this restaurant for great service, cuisine, friendly staff and fast delivery to the table. An A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice VibBarbhmVIPDined on 8/22/2014Hard to believe you're in a mall when you eat at this restaurant. It is very hip yet sets a tranquil feel and goes well with the food. Hand pulled noodles, their dim sum and cocktails are good choices.Special Features: