M.Y. China - SF
845 Market Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
M.Y. China - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mychinasf.com/
- Phone: (415) 580-3001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Lunch: Sat-Sun 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Bar Menu: weekdays 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
Dinner: Sun-Th 3:00 pm-9:00 pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 3:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from M.Y. China - SF
SEE, TASTE and DISCOVER authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of downtown San Francisco. Inspired by years of experience traveling through China, we bring the best ingredients, flavors and techniques. Watch our chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes. See world champion noodle dancers pull giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles. Taste delicate hand-folded dim sum, and live wok-tossed dished, all in our open exhibition kitchen. Discover ancient Chinese tradition brought to life and interpreted in a thoroughly modern way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
M.Y. China - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
227 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (137)good for groups (109)great for lunch (76)special occasion (75)hot spot (59)kid-friendly (33)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (23)romantic (21)great for brunch (17)notable wine list (14)late-night find (13)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Disappointed -had high expectations that fell flatNoviceCookDined on 11/22/2014I went to M.Y.China looking for great authentic Chinese food based on Martin Yan's reputation. We ordered Calamari, Wonton soup, ink noodles, half- duck, ma po tofu, and a chicken dish ( I forgot the name) Our soup arrived promptly and was very tasty. Five stars to that. However, the calamari took forever - finally about 40-50 minutes later (as we anxiously waited with a little toddler getting impatient), someone approached our table to say there was a mix up in the kitchen and they had missed our order.the calamari arrived 20 min later. Our appetite had died by then. Rest of the food arrived 5-10 minutes later. But, by now, we just didnot feel like eating. We ended up taking everything to-go!Special Features:
- Very cool new restaurant in the Westfield mall.RebasueVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great dinner and a movie night out. Would recommend the dumplings, pork tacos, and won ton soup. Tip: ask to sit inside -- it's a much better experience than the courtyard mall area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chinese you've always wantedluv2dinesfVIPDined on 11/21/2014Great executed chinese dishes - done to perfection. It's the Chinese good you always wished you had when ordering from your local joint. A little pricey but you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do it!RoseyrooDined on 11/16/2014Food was excellent. Server was excellent. We found this place randomly and were very happy with the dining experience. So great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but can be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014In general, this is a great restaurant. However, they do not have enough servers which cause us to wait about 15 minutes to wait for taking the order. I would Say 6 would be the maximum number if people would like to go as a group. As they don't have round table that can fit for more than 6 people, it would easily come out as small group conversation and hard for the host to take care everyone at the same time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overratedfoodcritic18VIPDined on 11/16/2014Disappointed in first visit. Food was ok but not very good, especially considering high prices. I have had better Chinese food at half the price in neighborhood restaurants.
- Great Chinese foodsailor52Dined on 11/10/2014I have lived in SF for almost 10 years and couldn't find Chinese food that seemed to be better than just OK. M.Y. China does that. Creative, good, flavorful, nicely presented food. Love the mu shu tacos, the duck, the Dan Dan noodles and the egg puffs for dessert. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinningCarolVIPDined on 11/10/2014Once again the food was amazing.It was a nice lunch with dim sum which was excellent.The mishu pork tacos rare still my favorite.Special Features:
- We love MY ChinaTONYDined on 11/8/2014We have been to MY China twice in the city and once in the casino. The food is great, prices reasonable, service good. Highly recommended by my whole family.Special Features:
- Food good, service slowandytomVIPDined on 11/7/2014We had heard M.Y. China was a Martin Chan restaurant and we were excited to try even if it is in the mall. We ordered the juicy dumplings (pork and crab), which we both enjoyed. We also had the Sichuan green beans which were excellent. The beans were still crunchy and very tasty. Finally, we ordered the venison chow fun, but later told they ran out of the noodles. So we ordered the wild boar scissor cut noodles. Good noodles with excellent flavor. Then to our surprise we received the venison in the same style noodle as the wild boar, however, did not have the same good flavor (they did not charge us for the venison noodle). Our major compliant was the service was slow. The place was busy, but we still would like good service.Special Features:
- Best Mall Food EVersftrixieDined on 11/6/2014If MY China were located anywhere but a mall, it would be one of the hottest restaurants in SF. Hand cut noodles, dumplings and duck are all superb. Ambiance is not its strength. Not all the food is as good as its noodle offerings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shopping center diningCPAFoodieVIPDined on 11/6/2014MY China is a great place to have dinner after a long day of shopping. But save your pennies it is not cheap. The food however is quite tasty and the wait staff are very friendly. Though I think the night we were there they were short one or two staff.
- M.Y. China is a New Favorite!SusanVIPDined on 11/6/2014We had a delicious dinner at M.Y. China. The food and service was outstanding. Lots of great items to choose from. The atmosphere was upbeat. Definitely a hot spot! Will return often. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at M.Y.ChinaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014This seemed to be a typical "mall restaurant". The food did not rise up from other Chinese restaurants. The place is a shade crowded. The service is adequate. Over all this gave me the impression of being just another Chinese restaurant.
- Great food in a so-so localeTheJudgeVIPDined on 11/4/2014a mall in not what most of us think of as a dining destination but M Y china is an exception worthy of disregarding the rule. The menu is always interesting and the food is well prepared, using a variety of styles and favors. Having been a few times now, I find the service is generally quite friendly and, for the most part, helpful. This is a solid dining experience when in the market street area.Special Features:
- DisappointedSFStandDined on 11/3/2014I've eaten at MY China several times. My guest is vegetarian and the menu for her meal was very inadequate. Almost all Asian restaurants, evrn basic ones, had mree creative options. The vegetarian selections at MY China were few and uninteresting. Our server was not particularly helpful, which might have b may have been due to having little to work with or suggest. I ordered the garlic crab special. Though tast, itwas very cchallenging getting the crab meat out of the shell. The shells were barely cracked and I practicallyneeded to bathe due to how messy it was to eat this dish. The meal was also expensive given that it was not a truly fine dining experience, certainly not as good as previously at this venue.Special Features:
- Great foodericDined on 11/1/2014The restaurant is right in the Dome of the Westfield Mall. We had reservations but had to wait due to getting 15 mins late. We ended up ordering the wings, beef rolls, chairman mao's chicken, noodles, and the forbidden rice. All very good meals and would highly recommend it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Chinese food in mallbasicfoodieDined on 11/1/2014First, our party of ten had to wait longer than was originally told but got results once asked to speak to manager. Here is what we ordered and my personal ratings. Trip of pickles -- OK. I'm not a big pickle fan, but Japanese pumpkin pickle was interesting Vegetarian longevity soup -- decent but not great. Noodles were good. Sichuan green beans -- very good Forbidden rice -- good/interesting combo of rice and whole grains Chili crab -- delicious seasoning on crab Hot and sour soup -- tasted like any other hot and sour soup Dan Dan Noodles -- refreshing noodle salad but skimpy on pork Customized plain chow mein noodles w/ chicken -- My daughter liked puffy texture of the noodles Overall, not a bad place but needs more veggie optionsSpecial Features:
- Authentic Chinese FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014MYChina has very interesting menu superior culinary techniques when cooking familiar Chinese dishes. We are particularly impressed with the crab dishes offered in their seasonal menu. Their 7-spice pork ribs and the scissor cut noodle are also special dishes we love. We will always make a reservation before we go, since the wait on weekend can be long.Special Features:
- Who would have guessed?greystVIPDined on 11/1/2014I had some hesitations that a restaurant in the mall would be good, but I was with a large group and we got several (9-10) dishes and everything was great. After a waiting a long time for a server, we let the manager know we had been waiting and he sent out some free appetizers and the service was great afterwards. Honestly, this is a nice option to have in this area where sometimes food options are lacking, especially for folks who may be visiting and may not love big cities (read: my relatives).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed qualityccgwDined on 10/31/2014There are some dishes that are up to standard, such as the combination dumpling, crispy skin chicken. Decent hand pulled soup noodle with beef, pork belly slider. Substandard tasteless sauteed vegetable "Gai Larn", chicken fried noodle taste was also so-so. Found the items relatively overpriced for the quality.Special Features:
- ArtScorpionDinesDined on 10/31/2014This was my 4th visit to M. Y. China. It's always an enjoyable and satisfying experience. As I posted on Facebook--they don't just prepare food for eating, they take food and make art. Also, one of our group is differently abled, and needs specific accommodation; they always are able to accommodate her with no problem and no fuss at all.Special Features:
- Excellent Asian fusion cuisinenettlewebDined on 10/28/2014Service was strong. Menu has something for all. Special lunch baus were great. Dinner selections included nicely prepared duck and sea bass entrees. Good interview dinner place and also for groups. Impressive all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing foodlengenDined on 10/28/2014I have eaten at M.Y. China at the Graton resort, and liked the food, but this was a different experience. My wife's kung pao chicken was overcooked, and the pieces were too large. My Peking duck arrived late, tasted salty, and the "pancakes", while tasty, were difficult to eat with the duck.Special Features:
- Service was slowOleannaDined on 10/25/2014The food was terrific and it's a fun atmosphere. For a not-overly-crowded Saturday lunch, the service was a bit slow. Actually, once our order was taken, the food was served fairly promptly. But our server seemed to come and go, and we spent a lot of time waiting for him.Special Features:
- Way better than expected...LoveFoodDined on 10/24/2014Everyone in my party cringed when I informed them that dinner was in a shopping mall. Very nice and elegant. Superb food!!!Special Features:
- Authentic Chinese FoodDinerJohnDined on 10/22/2014MY China is on the 4th Floor of the Westfield Shopping Center on Market St, which sounds strange but in fact is under the beautiful done with other restaurants on the floor. So, the setting is special. They have a nice bar. The food is very different ie, better, than most Chinese; high end chinese. Worth a visit, even for people who are not Chinese food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meet The Man Himself!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2014Fantastic first time there. Chef Martin Yan himself was there, and made sure to greet everyone and show us all a GREAT time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Attended special event and it was..CupertinoDaleDined on 10/20/2014Attended a special event where the owner Martin Yan hosted the French chef Jacques Pepin. We could choose from a special menu or off the regular menu. We both chose the special menu (though, in retrospect, probably one of the special menu and another from the regular menu would have been better). LOVED the Bimini Shrimp and most all the items served, however the Dan Dan noodles, while spicy, was not to my personal taste. I heartily recommend the Squid Ink Snap Noodles with Seafood. Again, it was a special and memorable evening with the owner present and engaging, but we will definitely return again when if he isn't. Watching the head chef Tony Wu prepare noodles (and dancing for part of it) was pretty entertaining as well.Special Features:
- This is not 'just Chinese food'WestCountyGalDined on 10/20/2014This is not 'just Chinese food'. The menu is thoughtful and spans the provinces of China. All the dishes I have had in several trips to the restaurant (both locations) have ranged for Very Good to Outstanding. Yes it seems a bit expensive at first look but isn't all good food these days? Positive praise is also afforded of the restaurant design itself. On my most recent visit (to SF location) it was for an event (KQED Martin and Jaques) and the place was full to the brim and energetic. Even so we did not have any problem with noise level. It is comfortable and tastefully decorated and there is always an abundance of attentive staff so you are never left waiting. Do try one of the lobster dishes. YUM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic night at Martin Yan'sFoodiesf65VIPDined on 10/20/2014M.Y. China still has it. Even on a monday night, the place was packed to the rafters. Maybe it was because Martin Yan was hosting culinary icon Jacques Pepin for dinner. Or maybe because the food just continues to impress, always consistent. One can never get tired of that fun open kitchen and the noodle chefs. What chinese restaurant does that?Special Features:
- Yan can still cook, great quality.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Really good food. A quality twist on Chinese standards. Don't miss the Mu Shu pork, made with wild boar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice for Chinese DiningMarcTVIPDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I went to M.Y. China for dinner on a Saturday. Fortunately, we had made a reservation via Open Table as the place was pretty busy. Even with a reservation we had to wait for a few minutes. The service was very good and the food was excellent: well-seasoned and generous portions. Definitely will visit again!Special Features:
- San Fran VisitStrickDined on 10/15/2014Based on reading reviews, I selected M.Y. China during a recent visit to S.F. and was totally blown out of the water. Each of the 4 of us loved every dish ordered. I don't do lamb but the way it was prepared was very good without the smell of lamb. And the various types of fried rice were not the fried rice from the 'round-the-way' neighborhood joints. And the wine picked by the server met each of our various taste. We all said this was some of the best Chinese food we've ever had. M.Y. China is duly noted for recommendations and return trips to S.F.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inspired2sweet4lawDined on 10/11/2014Food was creative and delicious. Service was very good as well. Don't let the fact that it's in a mall discourage you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/11/2014Once again this restaurant didn't disappoint The food is outstanding, the menu changes depending on the season and it is such a treat. I ordered the Lobster Clay Pot, which was enough food for 4 people. Lots of yummy leftovers as a result. Had a lovely drink that was so refreshing, I could have ordered many more! Thank you again for a wonderful meal.Special Features:
- loved the foodkomakomaDined on 10/9/2014Was tempted to turn around when I entered a shopping mall to get to the restaurant. Happy I didn't. The food was very, very good. The cocktails were delicious and I liked the atmosphere inside (outside is not really outside, you'd be in the mall).Special Features:
- M.y.chinaLocalDined on 10/8/2014Considering the number of good Chinese restaurants in SF, this is marginal, at best. The prices were okay, but the portions were small. The food was just okay, nothing special. We had BAO, that was undercooked. The sauces were not great; the beef noodle dish that we had was full of noodles, not much beef!!!!! I wouldn't recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Gem in Shopping MallRuthieDined on 10/6/2014MY China is well-worth a visit; food is delicious although somewhat expensiveSpecial Features:
- A San Francisco treattravlinfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Consistently good food. We enjoy bringing guests to the city here for great food and to view the "noodle dance." It's always a treat.Special Features: