M.Y. China - SF
845 Market Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
M.Y. China - SF
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.mychinasf.com/
- Phone: 4155803001
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Mon-Fri 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Lunch: Sat-Sun 11:00 am-2:45 pm
Bar Menu: weekdays 2:30 pm-5:00 pm
Dinner: Sun-Th 3:00 pm-9:00 pm
Dinner: Fri-Sat 3:00 pm-9:30 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Asian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Tony Wu
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from M.Y. China - SF
SEE, TASTE and DISCOVER authentic Chinese cuisine in the heart of downtown San Francisco. Inspired by years of experience traveling through China, we bring the best ingredients, flavors and techniques. Watch our chefs in action as they prepare every dish in front of your eyes. See world champion noodle dancers pull giant balls of dough into thousands of thin noodles. Taste delicate hand-folded dim sum, and live wok-tossed dished, all in our open exhibition kitchen. Discover ancient Chinese tradition brought to life and interpreted in a thoroughly modern way!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerChinese
M.Y. China - SF - Best Restaurants in SOMA ›
M.Y. China - SF reviews from OpenTable diners
237 reviews since May 17, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (131)good for groups (108)great for lunch (91)special occasion (83)kid-friendly (45)hot spot (44)neighborhood gem (32)great for brunch (25)vibrant bar scene (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (15)late-night find (12)scenic view (4)Show More
- Food was awesome service was greatAndyDined on 9/9/2014Took my girlfriend for her bday and couldn't have been better. The food was amazing, and the manager brought us several "on-the-house" dishes. Everything tasted grate and my girlfriend was thrilled with the service. Thanks!Special Features:
- KenBDined on 9/6/2014great food super waiter. Atmosphere better than motSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner spotklumjrDined on 9/6/2014Overall, a great place to have dinner if at the Westfield Mall area. We had no wait for our 5:30 reservations. They sat us at a table near the kitchen to watch them make the noodles. Service was attentive, but some of the wait staff should remember to smile. Noise in such a large restaurant was acceptable. Nice modern décor for an Asian restaurant. We had two starters: lettuce cups and mui sui pork tacos. For our main course we had the sea bass, gai lan, general chicken, and fried rice. All were done well. Dessert was the highlight were the donut puffs with three different sauce. Price overall was acceptable was a party of three in that area. If we were in the area we would will be going back to try more of their menu.Special Features:
- Great for any sizeCoffeebossDined on 9/5/2014Having been there solo, with a single friend, and now, with a group of ten, I can say that they handled each instance impeccably.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014As a local, I had not gotten around to trying MY because SF has so many great Asian restaurants. We were delighted. The food was great, the service was friendly and efficient and the scene was really fun. We will definitely come back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good dimsumMskaiDined on 9/1/2014The dimsum was very tasty and we enjoyed every dish that we ordered. I am a pescatarian and they had various selections for that. The hargau, pea shoots, the calamari. My friend had the wanton soup. We all enjoyed the food here that we returned the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative RenewalDiTexDined on 8/30/2014The food is exceptional! The chef gives a flair and new tastes to savor with everything we ate. It was memorable and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love M.Y. China!TaygustaDined on 8/29/2014I recently went on a double date at M.Y. China, and we had the best time! The food was delicious, we had great service, and the overall ambiance was outstanding. I would definitely recommend getting the scissor-cut noodles! Best meal I've had in a long time.Special Features:
- Love the happy hour menu!DoloresheightsdinerVIPDined on 8/29/2014We have been going for early dinner (perfect before the movies) and including items from the happy hour menu. The chicken wings are the best ever and happy hour menu is very reasonable, both drinks and apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best chinese foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/28/2014The most incredible Chinese food/meal outside of China. Most memorable and innovative creations!!!! We loved it and can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Wonderful Surprise in a Mall!BroadwayFanVIPDined on 8/24/2014Don't let the idea of eating in a mall set you off, even in the upscale Westfield Shopping Center: this is better Chinese food than you would ever get in San Francisco's Chinatown, made fresh (sit at the counter to watch the food preparation "show") and all the dishes are tasty. What a nice addition to the downtown commercial/retail scene. Definitely make a reservation: the tourists and shoppers keep this place busy.Special Features:
- Surprisingly Good Chinese Food!BBWWVIPDined on 8/23/2014I've been to M.Y. China a few times already & I come back because of the good food. The Garlic Lobster was worth the money and it was so fresh. As an Asian myself I found this restaurant's food are authentic enough for my taste. The decor is excellent and I especially like their design of the table which are expandable to accommodate larger groups. The saturday night I was there, the renown chef/owner, Mr. Martin Yan, was also there. He was very friendly and came to our table to chat with us. He explained to us about the restaurant's food, decor, service,...etc & my group was thrilled with the information that he told us. We really appreciate that he would spend time with us on such a busy night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yan can cook!XBigManDined on 8/23/2014Not only is the food wonderful, but Martin Yan personally comes to each table to greet the guests. Beautiful contemporary decor.Special Features:
- Overall a great dining experiencepepperDined on 8/22/2014Our part greatly enjoyed the food served at M.Y. China. We ordered the squid ink noodles and the Peking duck...out of this world! Highly recommend this restaurant for great service, cuisine, friendly staff and fast delivery to the table. An A+.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice VibBarbhmVIPDined on 8/22/2014Hard to believe you're in a mall when you eat at this restaurant. It is very hip yet sets a tranquil feel and goes well with the food. Hand pulled noodles, their dim sum and cocktails are good choices.Special Features:
- Upscale Chinese Cuisine TreatRestauranteurVIPDined on 8/17/2014M.Y. China is a very unique Chinese food experience. They serve dishes with familiar names, 'hot and sour soup,' dumplings,''chow fun,' etc, but served with a style and taste that I honestly have not experienced before in Chinese cuisine. Of course the setting is upscale and kind of new age / asian yuppie, which is a good thing. It's a bit of the familiar mixed with something extra that is hard to put your finger on, some extra spice, or texture makes every dish pretty spectacular. We had the hot and sour soup, chicken wings, dumplings, scissor noodles, garlic lobster, and honey walnut shrimp. We paid about $260 (that's including the tip and wine) for a meal for 4 good eaters, and we still had leftovers. Awesome and special experience.Special Features:
- Decent FoodgoodeatzSFDined on 8/17/2014For a mall restaurant, the food was better than expected. I agree with other reviewers that it is pricier than typical chinese food fare but consider the placement. Convenient location, friendly staff, attentive service. If I were in the area, I would definitely return for a meal.Special Features:
- Amazing place! Will be back!!1ckndivaDined on 8/16/2014Read reviews before going there, some were questionable about the service, but our waiter was great!! Very knowledgeable about the food & drink. We would highly recommend being careful not to order too much food! We ate family style, sharing what we all ordered, but still had way too much for the three of us to consume alone! This was exactly what I expected from Chef Martin Yan and his staff. We will remember to eat there again on our next visit, and refer anyone else we know to do the same!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3 words...VICTORIA RANDALL ROCKS!sfnativeDined on 8/16/2014We had the BEST server, Victoria Randall! Great personality, great with the kids (boys, 9 and 6) and was awesome with suggestions. The food was fair, but would have been even better had it come out sizzling or steaming hot. The must have of the evening were the Egg Puffs. Best Egg Puffs ever! And this is coming from a native San Franciscan who grew up in Chinatown and eating them from just about every bakery in that neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EPJFoodnutDined on 8/15/2014Excellent family oriented Asian restaurant fantastic service great findSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/15/2014The food and service were incredible. We are regulars here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a KindKARANDTARVIPDined on 8/15/2014M.Y. China is awesome in every way. We had the dim sum sampler and scissor cut wild boar noodles. Both were outstanding. The menu is huge, the setting and decor beautiful. We will definitely be back and will recommend it to others. If there is a drawback, it's that it is in the Westfield shopping center where parking and valet service is horrendous. No doubt about it, Yan can cook and provide an exceptional dining experience!Special Features:
- MY CHINAKravenMoorheadDined on 8/15/2014I highly recommend this restaurant because of the food quality and flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun watching cooksInfobahnFoodieDined on 8/14/2014We got to be seated on the counter at MY China that faces the cooking area with a glass panel for separation. Fun watching the food preparation and trying to guess the purpose of some of the moves. The staff was friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine high-end Chinese foodAlanVIPDined on 8/12/2014Chinese restaurants are very hit-and-miss in this town (usually miss), but M.Y. China has been quite reliable since it opened in the Westfield mall a few months ago. Yes, it is relatively expensive, but the quality justifies the price. The crispy roast chicken is outstanding and all of the rice dishes have been excellent.Special Features:
- Fabulous FoodOrchestraLoverDined on 8/12/2014Our waitress was great in advising what to try. She said to just trust her and we were glad that we did. The lobster hot pot was messy, but delicious, containing a whole, sweet lobster. The stir fried green beans were crisp and had just the right kick of spice. The sugar egg puffs are not to be missed. They are the lightest beignets that you could ever hope to find. New Orleans could take a lesson from MY China. The dipping sauces were outrageous - intensely raspberry, silky dark chocolate, and vanilla Chantilly cream. It was the right sweet treat to top off the meal. There is a wonderful collection of tiny bottles on the way to the bathroom (it needs a sign explain their origin). My only complaint is that the place is a bit too noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - inconsistent serviceJR322VIPDined on 8/9/2014Our group of 6 was seated in a corner booth on a Saturday night. It always seemed an effort to get our servers attention for anything. After taking our drink and appetizer orders, our server didn't return to take the dinner order until we had finished with the apps. Then, one of our rice dishes didn't come until we had finished most of the other plates. But the food was very, very good!Special Features:
- Great Food, Misguided WaiterRayCVIPDined on 8/9/2014I've eaten here at least 5-6 times and usually it consistently hits the mark. Unfortunately, this time, we had a server who had an issue listening. He was so intent on trying to upwell us on drinks, rice and side dishes that he didn't pay attention at all to what we actually wanted to order. Ironically, he forgot and messed up a few drinks even though he was pushing them on us. We didn't bother to correct him out of fear of confusing him more. To make matters worse he clearly forgot to put in one of the entree orders because it came as everyone else had finished theirs. He kept coming by to say "It's coming boss." Trust, if I were your boss you would be doing your job correctly instead of trying to up-sell me on $2 rice.Special Features:
- Cant pick my favorite mealFreshPeruvianVIPDined on 8/7/2014I have to say I really enjoy M.Y. China, simply because I am still working my way through the menu and I haven't found my favorite. This time I had the steam pork bao, very tasty. Then crispy noodles with chicken. The flavors were great and the noodles soften in the sauce. The texture was great and it made me want more. I will come back and find something new to try, until then I will gleefully agonize over the menu trying to figure out which meal is my favorite.Special Features:
- Mediocre at BestFoodRadsDined on 8/4/2014Have been Martin Yan fans for years enjoyed PBS shows and have most of his books. Expected to be blown away by his restaurant instead we were served a dose of mediocrity for a high end price. Located in a mall restaurant is noisy and many tables overlook the shopping traffic. Service was slow. Lobster with scissor cut noodles, served in a tomato base, and while the lobster was well cooked the base was more like Italian marinara then Asian. Sichuan Green Beans no heat. The lobster dish had lots of green beans perhaps the server should have let us known. OUT OF DUCK! so we ordered Crispy Roast Chicken dry and tasteless even with the plum seasoning, Soy chicken at local Asian market beats this hands down.
- BmfaspenDined on 8/3/2014food was great , along with service. the duck was amazing and the noodles were a great share to the entrees. service was great and atmosphere was perfect for spending time with friends and being able to have conversations. The MY China breeze and the mai tais added to the fun as well!! can't wait to come back!!!Special Features:
- JRJRVIPDined on 8/2/2014A good option if you're in the mall or before a movie, but beware the slow kitchen when they are busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious noodlesEater07Dined on 8/2/2014The menu is diverse but not overwhelming. I wouldn't call this authentic Chinese, but an authentic interpretation of someone who knows the cuisine. So fresh and delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/2/2014We loved our meals -Chinese regional lobster pot and peking duck! The owner, Martin Yan, actually came to our table several times. He visited many of the patrons talking about his views on food and cooking - what a surprise!
- Yan CAN cook!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/2/2014Food was wonderful - fresh, crispy, hot, sweet, salty, savory...everything you wanted each dish to be. The spinach potstickers with seafood were SOOOO good, and the green beans were fabulous. Also, the stir fried beef was brought to another level with its crunch and great flavor. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE MY CHINA!FoodEVIPDined on 7/31/2014Bar, décor, food was all great. Favorite was the Mu Shu Pork tacos, definitely a must try. Peking duck was delicious as well! Standout, Craig, General Manager gave us the best service we ever had and treated us like VIPs for my sister's birthday. Definitely will be coming back to try their dim sum and other items.Special Features:
- best chineseBuddyrockyDined on 7/31/2014Awesome peking duck! Chairman's Mao chicken is a must trySpecial Features:
- Extensive MenuJohnVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had a weekend lunch here. They have various dim sum items to order (not the passing cart) and they arrive piping hot. They also have a great variety of noodle dishes and wok specialities. We really enjoyed the food, and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Fantastic!TiaritchVIPDined on 7/27/2014Our second visit, this time with friends, and they too are converts. If you love lobster, this is the place. Only frustration, I couldn't order every lobster dish on the menu. We got the clay pot lobster which we had had before and it didn't disappoint, but they had a separate menu of lobster specialties which would have loved to try. We have tried a lot of Chinese restaurants in SF and you just wouldn't expect the very best to be in a shopping center!Special Features:
- Good foods, service OK, very noisy!tq525VIPDined on 7/25/2014Last minute reservation after a long afternoon of shopping. Located under the dome in SF shopping mall, very convenient. The Peking Duck dish was excellent. Service is a bit slow. Inside seating is much noisier than outside. The host was not helpful when asked to be reseated to a less noisy section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.